closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: eBay bank holiday weekend fun........scammers

Craftsman

eBay bank holiday weekend fun........scammers

As the weather looks set to ruin our weekend, anyone up for some fun?

eBay number 320968457872 is clearly a fake and identified on another thread.

Lets make this scammers weekend, i am current highest bidder at £15,000 do your worse....he has no feedback so has no chance of leaving winner feedback or eBay sharing info.

Master
    Blog Entries
    That's awful lol

Craftsman
    the biggest concern was there was 8 bids before our bids began....lets out more scammers and make eBay a safer place to shop, clearly eBay are not bothered about action!

I've just been outbid at £17,777.77.

Boo-hoo!

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Craftsman
    £20,100 epic............clearly a grail !!!!!!

Master
    Exiled in the Land that time forgot - Yorkshire
    I'm the highest bidder at present, so up yours!!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by adam164 View Post
    I'm the highest bidder at present, so up yours!!
    Sorry.......its mine you have been outbid

Master
    Exiled in the Land that time forgot - Yorkshire
    Quote Originally Posted by pilch23 View Post
    Sorry.......its mine you have been outbid
    Fascist!!!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I just had a warning and request to ring eBay customer services, something to do with bidding on too many items (I haven't placed a bid in the last month). Gutted as my bid of £1,000,007 was a genuine one

Craftsman
    eBay a class act.....it costs you to ring them...bigger thief than the scammer!

Master
    £49,999 and still going strong,wonder if he suspects,lol.

Craftsman
    probably not.....thinks its Nigerian Nairas

he has no feedback so has no chance of leaving winner feedback or eBay sharing info.
    Even with zero feedback, if you are the highest bidder on his auction and you do not pay, he can leave a "Non Paying Bidder" (NPB) strike on your account with eBay. Get 3 of those and you account may be suspended.

He can leave you "positive" feedback, but worded in a negative way.

He can leave you 1 Star ratings in every category, dragging down your star ratings.

Also, once you have placed a bid on his auction (regardless of whether you are the high bidder or not), he is able to request your full contact details from eBay, and they will be sent to him.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    Even with zero feedback, if you are the highest bidder on his auction and you do not pay, he can leave a "Non Paying Bidder" (NPB) strike on your account with eBay. Get 3 of those and you account may be suspended.

He can leave you "positive" feedback, but worded in a negative way.

He can leave you 1 Star ratings in every category, dragging down your star ratings.

Also, once you have placed a bid on his auction (regardless of whether you are the high bidder or not), he is able to request your full contact details from eBay, and they will be sent to him.
    "may" it never has to date, eBay is automated responses and takes 30 days before he can action by then struck off.

as buyer you can have this remove immediatley...once again automated and removed when his account is removed also

I am not the seller so he cannot star grade me

Before they release they check with buyer (once again doubtful when he is selling a fake)

I am amazed how naive people are and think eBay is safe and protects the seller, suggest you google it and hear the horror stories....

Ultimately the bloke is trying to scam people....I assume you have no issue us having some fun...we are protecting people like you who live in a rose tinted world!

The watch has been reported by several members today and still eBay have it listed.....clowns

Ultimately the bloke is trying to scam people....I assume you have no issue us having some fun...we are protecting people like you who live in a rose tinted world!
    I can assure you that I don't live in a "rose tinted" world, and (unlike you) I am very aware of how of how eBay works and how scammers operate on there.

If you have any concerns about the item being auctioned, then there is a "Report Item" button on every eBay listing. You should use that, rather than suggesting that people place fraudulent bids which might have a deleterious effect on their own eBay accounts!

Craftsman
    Phil it has been reported by several TZ members as stated....still on site.

Have you reported?

I have last night. 18 hours later......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Craftsman

Exclamation

I can assure you that I don't live in a "rose tinted" world, and (unlike you) I am very aware of how of how eBay works and how scammers operate on there.

If you have any concerns about the item being auctioned, then there is a "Report Item" button on every eBay listing. You should use that, rather than suggesting that people place fraudulent bids which might have a deleterious effect on their own eBay accounts!

Phil

Been with eBay since 2002 and over 600 sales and purchases.....I now refuse to sell as you really are not protected, that is my costly experience.

I am not a judge and jury but wildy guess that somebody stating a watch is an Omega Speedmaster/Seamaster and has "MISSIONS" spelt "MISSON" is a fake watch and the transaction is therefore fraudulent as you are accusing us........apologies for then acting as the seller!!!!!! if you cant beat them(ideally with a bat) then i am happy to join them
    Last edited by pilch23; 25th August 2012 at 13:55.

Yes, I have reported it, along with all the fake watches in my local area on Gumtree - for all the good that it does.

eBay is an $11 billion business. They could easily afford to police fakes much more thoroughly, but they have taken a business decision not to do so.

Swatch Group is a CHF6 billion business. They could easily afford to protect their trademarks (of which Omega is one), but they have taken a business decision not to do so.

If you think that a few watch enthusiasts reporting fakes is going to make eBay/the internet/the world a safer place, then you are the one with the rose tinted spectacles on! There are many thousands of fakes on eBay (primarily clothing and other fashion brands, rather than watches) - you could spend your whole life looking for the fakes and reporting them and you wouldn't even scratch the surface.

(I've been with eBay since 12-June-2000 and currently at 887 feedback and 100%, so I do understand how it works!)

As you say,
    Yes, I have reported it, along with all the fake watches in my local area on Gumtree - for all the good that it does.

If you think that a few watch enthusiasts reporting fakes is going to make eBay/the internet/the world a safer place, then you are the one with the rose tinted spectacles on!
    So a bit-of-fun alternative seems to me to be an interesting way of drawing attention to the issue... (and it's not even a Bank Holiday where I am). ;-)

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    As you say, So a bit-of-fun alternative seems to me to be an interesting way of drawing attention to the issue... (and it's not even a Bank Holiday where I am). ;-)

R
    hear hear !

Blog Entries
    Outbid again!?! There must be more guys who know how SPECIAL this watch really is ;)

Craftsman
    £100,000k poor Phil must be devastated I reckon he was one of the 8 bidders at £250

Craftsman

If you think that a few watch enthusiasts reporting fakes is going to make eBay/the internet/the world a safer place, then you are the one with the rose tinted spectacles on! There are many thousands of fakes on eBay (primarily clothing and other fashion brands, rather than watches) - you could spend your whole life looking for the fakes and reporting them and you wouldn't even scratch the surface.
    Phil........been removed after reaching £100k of bids.....a small victory for a few watch enthusiasts I would say x

£100,000k poor Phil must be devastated I reckon he was one of the 8 bidders at £250
    You really are a Grade 1 twat, aren't you? It's probably time that you gave your daddy back his computer, finished your homework and went to bed.
    Phil........been removed after reaching £100k of bids.....a small victory for a few watch enthusiasts I would say x
    Nope. If the auction had run to completion, then either the highest bidder would have been happy with his purchase (in which case both buyer and seller would have been happy, and there would have been no need for you to stick your nose in), or he wouldn't (in which case eBay's Buyers' Protection would have refunded him).

So you have actually achieved absolutely nothing. I suspect this may well be a recurring factor in your life.

Craftsman
    You really are a Grade 1 twat, aren't you? It's probably time that you gave your daddy back his computer, finished your homework and went to bed.

Nope. If the auction had run to completion, then either the highest bidder would have been happy with his purchase (in which case both buyer and seller would have been happy, and there would have been no need for you to stick your nose in), or he wouldn't (in which case eBay's Buyers' Protection would have refunded him).

So you have actually achieved absolutely nothing. I suspect this may well be a recurring factor in your life.
    Oh dear touched a nerve Philip. You jumped on my thread, not going to stoop as low as you, well past my bedtime and mummy promised to read me a story x
    Last edited by pilch23; 25th August 2012 at 20:45.