closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Stolen rolex, keep em peeled fellas

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

Stolen rolex, keep em peeled fellas

Whilst F2F seems to be the preferred method, bearing in mind the limited cover offered by Special Delivery (in relation to the cost of watches nowdays), this risk is always in the back of my mind when someone suggest a F2F (outside the relatively safe confines of this forum).

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    yup I agree, I think i'd be inclined to take someone

Already posted in the correct sub-forum
    ______

​Jim.

Craftsman
    Takes some balls to snatch it in the middle of the day, but what a tw@t!

I'd be inclined to take someone along to a f2f

In the back of the car with kid locks on,,,job done. Oh & a big f*ckin bar in the drivers door pocket

Thats the second one I have seen this week.Same scenario .These guys just dont give a damn, Be careful out there !

Aye, go and meet somebody who answered your advert on Gumtree: what a great idea.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by craigvmax View Post
    yup I agree, I think i'd be inclined to take someone
    Preferably a fighter of some sort. A bodybuilder or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Aye, go and meet somebody who answered your advert on Gumtree: what a great idea.

Eddie

Smells of a shitty insurance scam to me

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

Eddie
    All the watches on gumtree are fake lol
    Oh forgot eBay own gumtree lol

Some potential buyers don't like it but when I meet someone for the first time when selling a watch
    I insist on meeting in a safe public place such as a hotel lobby and before getting the watch out of
    my bag I insist on cable tying their ankle to a chair.

Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post
    Some potential buyers don't like it but when I meet someone for the first time when selling a watch
    I insist on meeting in a safe public place such as a hotel lobby and before getting the watch out of
    Ok so i totally understand the safe place and lobby bit but ankle tying are you serious??

Blog Entries
    If you mention that up front you might find an interestingly different sort of person replying to your adverts.

Grand Master
    I have to say its a bit fishy, if you intended snatching the watch then two things

1. Wear running shoes / trainers

2. Dont wear a heavy coat!
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatchman View Post
    Ok so i totally understand the safe place and lobby bit but ankle tying are you serious??
    I must admit it can be slightly awkward mentioning it- but I say to the buyer 'either agree to be cable tied or the deal is off.'
    Normally people are cool and understand....

I must admit it can be slightly awkward mentioning it- but I say to the buyer 'either agree to be cable tied or the deal is off.'
    Normally people are cool and understand....
    Haha! I bet it is, but fair play to you your only keeping yourself safe.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatchman View Post
    Haha! I bet it is, but fair play to you your only keeping yourself safe.

It can be problematic though. I was once selling a ladies Rolex-I met the woman buying it at the McDonalds in leicester Sq,
    because there were no chairs suitable I cable tied her ankle to my ankle. The deal was done but I'd forgotten a knife to cut the cable.
    Being McDonalds they had no knives so we had to leave together- and walk in sync to a hardware store in Soho to buy a Stanley knife.
    I apologised profusely but still the last thing she said to me was 'your such an ar*ehole'

It can be problematic though. I was once selling a ladies Rolex-I met the woman buying it at the McDonalds in leicester Sq,
    because there were no chairs suitable I cable tied her ankle to my ankle. The deal was done but I'd forgotten a knife to cut the cable.
    Being McDonalds they had no knives so we had to leave together- and walk in sync to a hardware store in Soho to buy a Stanley knife.
    I apologised profusely but still the last thing she said to me was 'your such an ar*ehole'
    Hahaha! Now THAT is one i would love to have seen. Btw the way what the hell did the sa in the store say??

He gave me a funny look- I don't know whether it was because our ankles were tied together or
    because I was wearing a gimp mask.

Yeah right...

So you cable tie strangers then pull a knife when completing a f2f deal?

Your ebay/h&v refs must be a hoot to read ;-)

McDonalds, cable tie, Soho, being called an ar*ehole.
    This sounds very much like several of my first dates.....can't understand why I'm still single!

Blog Entries
    You have got to be winding us up with this... ;-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by golfg60 View Post
    All the watches on gumtree are fake lol
    Oh forgot eBay own gumtree lol
    It's not unknown for this particular model of watch to be faked either.

Master
    This has become the most bizarre thread I have read in a long time!

If I was buying with cash, what would stop YOU robbing ME after you'd cable tied me to the chair!!!

Weird (and rude), I think.

It

Was

An

Obvious

Wind

Up

Master
    You should always be careful. Doing a f2f in a locked up cell is the best way to make sure no party runs away!

Quote Originally Posted by Plake View Post
    It

Was

An

Obvious

Wind

Up
    Hilarious thread to watch though

This type F2F theft in my area was such a problem that the police department themselves stated that sellers could meet at the PD to conduct sales.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Gumtree is a proper shit hole. If you ant to meet scum and scammers thats the place to do it!

Ive invited people onto RAF Northolt in the past, and then conducted the deal in the car part just opposite the guard force. (Which is still outside the wire). Of course the guard wouldn't react if anything happened, unless the scammer made a threat to human life, but the chap holding a rifle seems to be a good deterrent!
    Last edited by jrpippen; 24th August 2012 at 10:47.

Master
    F2f at my home is always monitored by these two by my side, unless I know the person....

If a scammer runs, he'll die running

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    In the back of the car with kid locks on,,,job done. Oh & a big f*ckin bar in the drivers door pocket
    I like this idea, its the only mentality these lads know

Brilliant!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    This type F2F theft in my area was such a problem that the police department themselves stated that sellers could meet at the PD to conduct sales.
    Blimey! That is particularly helpful and thoughtful of them! Good for them.