closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Your Perfect 'Realistic' collection?

jimmyblade

Your Perfect 'Realistic' collection?

Im interested to see where you see your collection in 5 or 10 years.

There are plenty of threads about Grails or dream watches that most of us are unlikely to ever own, this is purely for watches that you, personally, know you can or will be able to afford in the next 5-10 years and are looking to add to give yourself the perfect collection.

So no £100,000 watches allowed (unless you really are lucky enough to have the funds to purchase them!)

Post pics if you can!

Me:

1. Siffert Autavia

2.Rolex 5513 (birth year 1984)

3. Rolex 1675 GMT

4. Panerai 000 Base

5. Breitling Chrono Avenger

6. Zenith Rainbow Flyback

And finally I would keep the 16713 I already own.

Blog Entries
    I love my collection (1 Omega,4 Tissot,1 Nomos,1 Stowa),and when I bought my GRAIL (Speedmaster Pro from 1972),I want just TWO MORE WATCHES,and that will be Rolex Submariner and Omega Seamaster Professional Bond,nothing else...

No pics as am at work, however,

I would keep my 16600, '79 145.022 and Bremont MB. In the next 5 to 10 years I would ideally add a 1680 'Red', a 1960's 1675 GMT and a 5513 Maxi. Any guesses where I would like my collection to go :o)

explorer 1 (36mm) and some sort of cheap solar radio controlled sports watch. job done!

I'm planning on always adding to my collection, even though some reshuffling might be necessary down the line.

I want to add a Heuer 2446C GMT and a B&M Capeland XXL in the next few years (all pics taken from the internet obviously):

Down the line and when finances allow an AP might appear in the collection. I tried this on a few months ago, love at first sight:

I'm getting happier and happier with my collection as more watches become keepers. I would, however, like:

Another Siffert. I sold my first.

Seamaster 1000M. My Helson Sharkmaster proved that I could wear the case and get on with it. Now for the real thing.

I think that's about it. I sometimes get tempted to sell all my watches and buy just these three, but then I look at what I have and realise I have about five or six keepers so I wouldn't be able to raise that much money.
    "A man of little significance"

I'm awfully close right now. If I could chage or add anything, it would be these: Heuer Autavia (I might flip the Tutima NATO chrono to partially fund this purchase); Rolex 1675 GMT; Rolex 5513 (I might flip the 14060M to acquire this); Citizen 1300 Promaster diver (I could let the Citizen 800 Promaster diver go if I could find this one). Other than I'm pretty much set. A few beaters round things out, and I have no need to have a lot more than what I would wear.

I m hoping to add:
    a non ceramic LV
    White dial milgauss
    White dial Daytona

Quote Originally Posted by igorRIJEKA View Post
    I love my collection (1 Omega,4 Tissot,1 Nomos,1 Stowa),and when I bought my GRAIL (Speedmaster Pro from 1972),I want just TWO MORE WATCHES,and that will be Rolex Submariner and Omega Seamaster Professional Bond,nothing else...
    What more you need Igor!
    In my colection I am collect most military watches what I wont.Add some wirstwatches.Naw I am go to realise one good watch for hand,not only for colection.This can be good automatic Tissot,Omega Moonwatch,Zeno Pilot automatic....

Would love to add Rolex Sub ND, Speedmaster Triple date, Omega Planet Ocean 42mm, Lemania 5100 powered Sinn/Tutima/Fortis etc in the future. Looking for a quartz Seamaster at the moment.

Hope I can get there in the next 2 - 3 years rather than 5 to 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I'm getting happier and happier with my collection as more watches become keepers. I would, however, like:

Another Siffert. I sold my first.

Seamaster 1000M. My Helson Sharkmaster proved that I could wear the case and get on with it. Now for the real thing.

I think that's about it. I sometimes get tempted to sell all my watches and buy just these three, but then I look at what I have and realise I have about five or six keepers so I wouldn't be able to raise that much money.
    I feel exactly the same, as it happens, and would find it quite difficult now to choose a watch hat I could move on to make way for another.

I have a Grand Seiko joining the stable in a couple of weeks and will very shortly be sealing a deal on a 1665 that I've been chasing down for many, many months (the seller has been in an awkward position for various reasons and has had more than a few changes of mind in that period). After those two arrive my buying and selling days will probably be substantially over and I'll be happy to keep what I have for many years.

I would like a speedy pro moon watch, JLC navy seals and maybe a 42mm explorer 2 white.

Your Perfect 'Realistic' collection?

At the prices now being asked for Rolex/Omega, I'm out of the watch collecting game. Regardless of my disposable income, I don't want to spend the kind of money now being asked. Sticking with 1 Sub and a G shock and that's it. I've flipped loads of Panerai/Rolex/Omega having bought them for around £2k over the last 15 years and that is still my mentally acceptable price range. Anything more feels like overpriced jewellery and a temptation for muggers. Still enjoy the hobby but from the sidelines - it will be nice to wear the same watch 24/7 like I used to before flipperitis struck!

I am quite happy where I am now, but plan to add another couple of watches in the next year or so...

At this time I am thinking of the new Seiko Astron GPS and a JDM Citizen "The Citizen" Chronomaster HEQ to replace the one I kind of foolishly sold last year.

Currently have 5 watches, so keeping the herd at 7 or so will be a good stopping point for me.

I'm very happy with what I have, but would love an FP Journe at some stage in the future, and would certainly flip my Rolex Yachtmaster for funds towards one.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I feel exactly the same, as it happens, and would find it quite difficult now to choose a watch hat I could move on to make way for another.
    . After those two arrive my buying and selling days will probably be substantially over and I'll be happy to keep what I have for many years.

Thats never going to happen

Love the ones I have now, and because of lots of nasty people on SC, I keep adding to them.

Also, the nasty manufacturers keep putting out new watches that I like, so god knows where I'll be in 5-10 years time, probably open my own museum to show them off

Malc

A platinum Day-Date and a Seiko 7548 is all I need.

I have quite a few watches that took a while to acquire, that I'm now quite happy with and are keepers; Sub 16610, IWC 3717, Omega PO, SpeedyPro, AT 2500 etc.

I also have few watches that I know I have to flip and it is already decided, but with a few others I don't quite know where they fit in anymore, and I'm trying to find justification to hold onto them. I have too much needlessly invested in watches atm which I really wont get full use out of, for instance imo all smps I'm finding a little 'dated' looking lately and I have a couple...and no interest in the new ceramic smps! I would love one of the new ceramic PO's but not sure of the size vs the old one, I'd hate to invest in one and find I cant get on with the height over time. Also would love something completely different like a PP aquanaut or similar. Also some JLC are really appealing, nice master control or memovox would be sweet.
    Also kinda sick of seeing a watch I'd like and find it is above 42mm which is max size, some of the new IWC pilots with sunburst dial look outstanding but they all look like they've eaten a bit too much....42mm was fine IWC!.

So I would like to add these to the few in the top sentence:

Panerai daylight likely to be the next - in the years rather than months to come!

Banned
    Seeing as I have the Bremont Alt1-P & MB2, the IWC 3548 and a Sinn 757 UTC the only additions I can see are:

Zenith Striking Tenth
    IWC Portuguese 8-day
    Bremont EP-120
    GO Sports Evo Diver (Black face)
    Rolex 14060M
    IWC IW3719-03
    Nomos Zurich Orion
    1972 Speedie

I think I've pretty much got it at the moment.

I do have a couple of itches to scratch in the form of a Panerai and a BR02... keeping fingers crossed, but the Silverstone will have to go I think!

I stick to 5 watches, which are worn in rotation and I don't regard them as a collection, just watches I like that I wear. The only one that I will definitely never sell is my Datejust , which I've had from new in 1984. Having said that the Everest was the first for several years, and I don't see any change/s happening any time soon. Therefore I suppose that my current 5 are my Perfect Realistic "Collection".

F.T.F.A.

Just to add a 14060m to the SMP I have already. Simples.

Baring financial disaster, all of my current 'collection' are keepers... they've either been gifts or have such sentimental connections that I couldn't part with them...
    I can see me adding another if we have any more kids (an agreement I have with the missus - when my son was born I bought a watch that I'll get serviced and tarted up for his 18th birthday - a JLC Master Compressor). I've already got a shortlist, in case we have another boy... either a Radiomir, a BP FF, Reverso or VC Overseas.

Other than that, I'd love a PP 5146... but that's a good few years off.

Very happy with the current collection but would consider selling 1-2 watches and save up in order to add these,

Both pictures borrowed of the net.

But how can we decided... we have no idea what will be coming out of Baselworld or Sheffield in 2022 yet!!!

I can imagine a slow growth of mid-cost interesting pieces for me. Stating with a PRS-9 in 13 odd days. Can't wait.

Grand Master
    I`m happy with my collection which consists of vintage Omegas, a few more modern Omegas (around 10yrs old) and a couple of Rolexes from the early noughties. Plenty of gold and bicolour in there too, which I like, and plenty of dress watches. It's taken around 15yrs to put these together and there's been a fair amount of trading over this time.

No plans to sell anything, no plans to buy anything. A few need servicing and generally sprucing up a bit to make them mint....that'll keep me busy for a while but cost will be negligible.

Value-wise, they're all doing OK. To quote an old Yorkshire phrase, 'they're eating nowt'.

Paul

Craftsman

Not a lot!

I'm just starting out, although rather belatedly, and have just bought my first WIS inspired watch. Seiko Black Monster.

I'd like a small collection of about 3. So I'll take a Piaget Altiplano, the JLC duometré, and the Monster can handle everything else.

Idon't think it's too much to ask... But the other half rabbits on about food and bills... Whatever that's about!

i'll play

my current collection is subc, iwc 5001, nomos tangente, jlc master calendar and a pam 312. i'd like to add an AP15400, patek 5712 and a glashutte panomatic lunar. from there i'd probably be done - well until i see something else i want but don't need - or the other half says 'why dont you just wear one on your left and one on your right wrist'

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by S.L View Post
    Very happy with the current collection but would consider selling 1-2 watches and save up in order to add these,

Now that Nautilus is just stunning, even a notorius flipper like me would be pretty satisfied with only that one!

Quote Originally Posted by S.L View Post

i would love to own the spring drive diver,its absolutely stunning,i would have it before a rolex sub,,
    (just my opinion).

Grand Master
    i'm pretty happy with my keepers, although i'd like to add a vintage seiko diver and something like a vintage Rolex air king to the collection eventually.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Re: Your Perfect 'Realistic' collection?

I'm hoping to add a DA36 this year. After that the main contender has to be a Grand Seiko mechanical or quartz.

Then at some point a Breitling B1, Speedy Pro, Sinn something or other and life will be good :-)