timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Things my dogs have eaten!

Master

Things my dogs have eaten!

Further to the eaten by sons thread:-

1. The staff wages at my company!
    2. A plastic football (full size).
    3. Several pairs of socks (including long wooly ones which did eventually resurface!).

Mike

With 2 boxers I can add to this list,dining room table and chairs,landing carpet,settee,numerous books,and recently a bag full of tea candles,oh yeah and he had a go at the front door,but I think the splinters gave him a shock when he went number 2 toilet.

Banned
    I was looking out of a window once during a dinner party and our dog was straining with what appeared to be a very long dump swinging away.

A quick discussion took place, whereby all the attendees rooted themselves in a good position to watch me don my wife's washing up gloves and proceed to 'help' the dollop out.

But one gentle pull did not work. It took both hands and a few precarious minutes.

The dog had eaten the fabric waist cord from my dressing gown.

The main course was lovely

Banned
    Traffic and Police cones.

Ours found and munched a full size Toblerone!

A bar of soap...yummy

My dad's false teeth. Amusing that one...

My X great dane also had a penchant for chewing holes in the bin bags full of grass in the garden - then peeing on them to make 'em fun to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66 View Post
    I was looking out of a window once during a dinner party and our dog was straining with what appeared to be a very long dump swinging away.

A quick discussion took place, whereby all the attendees rooted themselves in a good position to watch me don my wife's washing up gloves and proceed to 'help' the dollop out.

But one gentle pull did not work. It took both hands and a few precarious minutes.

I hope that you rinsed the gloves off before you gave them back to your wife so that she could do the washing up?
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Craftsman

That's always fun. One of my dogs gobbled a 2 foot piece of nylon rope with the same results. Pulled out rather easily though.

Banned

Next time, feed him some bunting and go on Britain's Got Talent.

My old airedale ate 2lb of rock hard frozen sausages. Daft mare had the shits for days.

Cheers,
    Gary

My dog ate my hot tub lid

2 Labrador pups destroyed 2 cane conservatory sofas and much, much more................
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

The list is endless.

A Tagheuer F1 (thats the best one that springs to mind)
    My Adidas trainers
    Stones
    Slugs

Have had to take everything above worktop level in the kitchen into cupboards because nothing is sacred .

Choice a Chocolate lab and thats what you get

Friend of mine used to have a labrador cross and for some reason Brillo pads were amongst its favourites. I lost count of the amount of times I saw it foaming at the mouth, stupid thing. It also had a whole tin of stainless steel sink cleaner one time with no apparent ill effect..

Cheers,

Plug

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    She persistently eats flip flops if I leave them lying about.

Worst episode was when she ate a snail in one that got lodged in her intestine and cost 1200 on multiple x rays and surgical removal.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegary View Post
    My old airedale ate 2lb of rock hard frozen sausages. Daft mare had the shits for days.

Cheers,
    Gary
    I had a dog once who did something similar -- a pound of raw bacon and a pound of butter in the same sitting. He got to Sunday morning breakfast while my mother was waking up my brother and me. I'm sure that he enjoyed it going down (foil butter wrapper and all), but he was an unhappy pooch for the next few days; he had bits of foil "shooting" out of him for days.

Back in the early 1950s, someone in my family had a Hudson (big American car). He was changing one of the wheels in the driveway and, before taking off the punctured wheel, had placed the 5 wheelnuts for safekeeping in the back of the hubcap which was lying face down on the ground. Bulldog was watching him with interest and, when he turned to take off the punctured wheel and replace it with the spare, the dog snaffled up all 5 gigantic wheelnuts. He didn't actually see the dog doing this and, even though it was the only thing that could possibly have happened to the wheelnuts, he only truly believed it when he found the wheelnuts in the considerable pile the bulldog deposited on the lawn the next morning. The bulldog probably equated the upturned hubcap with his dinner bowl

Last edited by Argon; 14th August 2012 at 01:42.

Banned
    Well, God knows what my dawg has eaten, but he's sick as a parrot, and I've just dropped him into the vets for blood tests.. as he hasn't eaten since Fri night & drunk very little, fingers crossed the little un is OK.

When our lab was a pup it got into the food store while we were out one day. Managed to polish off half a bag of dry mix. When we got home it was so fat the poor thing could only manage to lie on its back with its feet in the air until nature took its course.

Another time it ate a wasp - only did it the once.

We have two mutts, Phoebe (labrador bitch) ate stones up to the point that it cost us a thousand quid to have one removed. Then she converted to eating rubber toys until it cost us five grand (!) to have the knuckle end of a rubber bone removed - three weeks of daily vets treatment and a VERY sick doggy who nearly died several times ( she got peritonitus and had to have lots more surgery to remove her spleen and a variety of other bits).

Ours eat owt.

Very partial to used knicker gussets & sock toe sections

Stupid, stupid cavaliers

We had a Great Dane many years ago which ate (in no particular order):

24 fresh, still warm, farm eggs off of a neighbour's doorstep.
    A six inch high spiny cactus.
    Half a sapele door.
    Various bits of floor covering, including carpets & vinyls.
    A five pound weight raw beef sirloin.
    Various dead birds.

His classic was on the beach one day, when I found him with his head, up to his dog collar, inside a dead seal.
    I pulled him away & he quickly gobbled the fusty entrails he had in his mouth.

This was a dog that wouldn't eat decent dog food (of the day) like Pedigree Chum & preferred Chappie & Butcher's Tripe.
    ______

​Jim.

Master
    Shortly after rescuing our nutter mutt, we left him in the back of the car for 5 mins.

4 new seatbelts needed - £2,500 including fitting into the airbag system and also the seats needed re-upholstering. Still love him to bits but we got him some company in the form of a lab bitch puppy and that calmed him down when left alone. His previous owner is locked away now... If she comes out and I see her I will punch her.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    within the first 4 weeks of getting my golden retriever pupp, he'd eaten;

1) Cat shit & the all u can eat cat litter buffet
    2) Fox shit
    3) bird shit
    4) Rabbit Shit (we live quite rural!)
    5) His own shit

all fun and games until he's been licking your face and you notice a bit of cat litter stuck to his nose...

Or friend's dog ate the next door neighbours guinea pig which they were supposed to be looking after while the neighbours were on holiday. Took a bit of explaining!

Master
    We also have a golden retriever and she will eat any "sh1t" she happens across......

However a while ago the family had a mongrel (part doberman) who ate her way through from the kitchen to the dining room. She also tried to eat her way out of our Range Rover (which had to be rewired as a result!)

Remote controls (plural)

Fathers hearing aid is probably the most unusual thing

Master
    My daughter is a veterinary assistant. Looks like she'll never be short of work then. She advises insurance!!!!

mike

Forgot, when Chester ( Basset cross) was a baby I was just getting into fiddling with watches. While I was on "doggy sitting" duties I stripped a Seiko down to the last little bit and when his Mummycame home from the shops I went out to see her and he ate the Seiko! Every little last bit apart drom one hand and a cog. His poo's for the next day or so were... interesting!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Loquacious View Post
    Forgot, when Chester ( Basset cross) was a baby I was just getting into fiddling with watches. While I was on "doggy sitting" duties I stripped a Seiko down to the last little bit and when his Mummycame home from the shops I went out to see her and he ate the Seiko! Every little last bit apart drom one hand and a cog. His poo's for the next day or so were... interesting!
    Oh WOW! That surely was a memorable experience I am sure.