closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Things my son has eaten.......

Things my son has eaten.......

In his personal one man/boy quest to consume every substance known to man, my young (18 month) son has so far eaten: a spider (the legs stuck to his lips were a dead give away), dried bird shit picked off the play equipment at our local park, a collection of stones and today, my personal favourite, the hair monster from the shower trap .

A testament to the resilience of the human body, or maybe we're just very neglectful parents!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    one of my mates had a phase of alternative therapies last year and went for colonic irrigation.
    they flushed out a duffel coat toggle that he had eaten in primary school and 2 lego man heads.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    one of my mates had a phase of alternative therapies last year and went for colonic irrigation.
    they flushed out a duffel coat toggle that he had eaten in primary school and 2 lego man heads.
    Brilliant. I've got three daughters and they seem to have been much more sensible, although when the oldest was at the shuffling about stage she managed to race across the hall floor, get into a bag of shopping and eat half a raw pizza base before she was spotted. Oddly enough it didn't put her off pizza...

!!! Why does sweet corn go straight through then ?

Grand Master Scottishtrunkmonkey's Avatar
    Resilient wee monkeys aren't they.

Not caught young STM eating something he shouldn't yet. Well he had a set of nail clippers in his mouth when he was 12 months old or so. Didn't swallow them though
    Respect the past, live the present, protect the future

Just curious really, but what did he do with them afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    Just curious really, but what did he do with them afterwards?
    eBay perhaps?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    i have no idea.. i think he just got showed them in the pipe thing.

Things my son has eaten.......

Well it made me laugh

I remember the screaming fit my daughter had when we removed the garden worm from her mouth when she was about 2. You would have thought we had just removed a full pint of the bar at closing time from a squadie

Craftsman
    Boys will eat anything, my favourite was coal

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Boys will eat anything, my favourite was coal
    Thou art lucky! Coal? Luxury!

Just about everything we told him no to. Started with his playmobile accessories, as soon as we told him "no" he then proceeded to put everything in his mouth that was lying around. At the moment we are trying reverse phycology and it seems to be working.

I used to be very keen on raw bacon where as my wife (when a child) used to eat her toe nails#

My son however now seems to be intent on eating the inside of his nose.

Andy

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    I used to be very keen on raw bacon where as my wife (when a child) used to eat her toe nails#

My son however now seems to be intent on eating the inside of his nose.

Andy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post

Andy
    It could have been worse. Your wife could have eaten the raw bacon and you could have eaten her toe nails.....

Apparently me mum tells me when I was a toddler she found me face down with the dog noshing dog food from its bowl. Oh how she loves that story

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    It could have been worse. Your wife could have eaten the raw bacon and you could have eaten her toe nails.....
    Ok that was a horrible vision

Blog Entries
    I always told myself that it will build a healthy immume-system. My youngest son ate about everything you can think of when he was young. Insects, cobbles, pieces of string ('I ate 'paghetti, dad') And he's as tough as nails: never ill. As long they don't drink brake cleaner fluid, like my neighbour's son when he was 5 y/o., many years ago. I wouldn't be too worried.

Menno

(the brake fluid kid was hospitalised for two days and fully recovered he's 26 y/o now - his parents are still together, but it was close... since his mother pointed to his father: it was his workshop where it all happened...)

My two youngest girls went through that too, unfortunately my youngest (20 mths) is still going through it.

Between them they have eaten plaster off the wall, numerous books, stones, mud, moths, bird shit etc

When we took the middle child to the doctors to have her diagnosed (turns out it was Pica) she ate the sponge out of the chair seat whilst the doc was talking to us

more info on pica here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pica_%28disorder%29

Eeeeeeeeeek I have to confess I too had a liking of raw bacon as a child !
    Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Damo8604 View Post
    My two youngest girls went through that too, unfortunately my youngest (20 mths) is still going through it.

Between them they have eaten plaster off the wall, numerous books, stones, mud, moths, bird shit etc

When we took the middle child to the doctors to have her diagnosed (turns out it was Pica) she ate the sponge out of the chair seat whilst the doc was talking to us

more info on pica here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pica_%28disorder%29

I had never heard of that, my toddlers never really ate much of anything out of the ordinary besides the odd crayon nibble.

Quote Originally Posted by WORKSIMON View Post
    Eeeeeeeeeek I have to confess I too had a liking of raw bacon as a child !
    Yeh , I remember being given the raw rind off the bacon to chew as a kid

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger View Post
    Apparently me mum tells me when I was a toddler she found me face down with the dog noshing dog food from its bowl. Oh how she loves that story

Doesn't say much for her cooking though, does it?