closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hublot Big Bang - 41mm of greatness!

Master

Hublot Big Bang - 41mm of greatness!

Another big thanks to Omegamanic for organising the sale of this beauty!

I've got a real affection for watches like Richard Mille, Linde Werdelin and, of course, Hublot. Watches that use interesting materials and break the mould with case design. I always thought they'd be out of my reach - not only financially, but size-wise too. They always seem so bleedin' big! So, I've been absolutely blown away to find that the 41mm Big Bangs fit my 6.75" wrist perfectly.

The detailing is amazing. Layers of ceramic, stainless steel and titanium all coming together to make a totally unique case. Crazy little proprietary screws dotted around, multi layered carbon fibre dial and those beautiful, chunky applied Arabic numbers. Even a break from the default Helvetica for the date number font. I'm smitten!

There's a bit of Gerald Genta in the design as well. The case reminds me a little of a Royal Oak or PP Nautilus and the indexes look very similar to an IWC 3227.

Suddenly, all my other watches seem a little pedestrian. Anybody fancy a GO Sport Evolution cheap?

Master

Re: Hublot Big Bang - 41mm of greatness!

That does look great, Simon, congratulations. I wasn't aware that the Big Bang came in a 41mm case.

Any chance of a wrist-shot?

Congrats.

(what happened, you usully have such splendid taste in watches!? :lol: :wink: )

I really like the Big Bang (apart from the name), I know what you mean about the detailing. The tungsten one was very nice also, as were the semi-skeltonised ones.

Usual proviso about the price applies, but picked up used they are great watches.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by mark996
    That does look great, Simon, congratulations. I wasn't aware that the Big Bang came in a 41mm case.

This is my right wrist - which is, ahem, slightly larger than my left. Maybe 7"?

simon

Grand Master

Careful. Hublot got a pasting here a couple of weeks ago from the snooze crews and they won't like the idea of a plain, steel, 41mm chrono from Hublot on a rubber strap - they won't know what to do with it ;).

Saw one of those on the arm of someone in a bar in Dubai recently. I'm not keen on the tyre-tread-ish rubber strap but the angular design of the case is strong without being over-industrial and self-conscious about it. Nice, big, simple lumed hands too. I like it.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Looks very nice, enjoy it.
    And

Banned

At last, someone else with taste 8)

I'm a fan of the brand in general, but the 41's stand out for me and i certainly like everything about that one Simon.

A good friend has one amongst a few AP's in the crowd and for me, the Hublot is the thinking mans choice.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66
    At last, someone else with taste 8)

I'm a fan of the brand in general, but the 41's stand out for me and i certainly like everything about that one Simon.

A good friend has one amongst a few AP's in the crowd and for me, the Hublot is the thinking mans choice.
    Agree! if i was better at my job id be in the Hublot club.

Hublot Big Bang - 41mm of greatness!

Really nice. I can't help but think Hublot have yet to make their true effect felt in the watch world.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

What happened to the SEAL?

Craftsman

i have to be honest , i kept looking at that stunner when it came on SC and i knew it would not be around long ,
    i love it .
    never worn one or seen one but i will !!
    let me know if you want to sell .
    lee

Master

Quote Originally Posted by gladders

This is my right wrist - which is, ahem, slightly larger than my left. Maybe 7"?

simon
    Thanks!

That looks a very good size on you.

If I was being really, really picky, I'd prefer a black date-wheel, but otherwise I really like that.

Master

If I was being really, really picky, I'd prefer a black date-wheel, but otherwise I really like that.
    Yep, I agree with that. Also, it would be nice to swap the chrono hour dial and the running seconds dial.

Simon

I think it looks fantastic and a great size on you. I always thought the larger Hublots were just far too big and overlooked all but the plain black version, which I've tried on a few times at my AD - but when I had this one on my desk at work I was wishing I had the spare funds.

Hublot are the new kid on the block and I guess at their new prices they will always be an acquired taste - but they certainly make a well built case and the clasp and straps they use seem very high quality items, as you would expect at the price point.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master

Absolutely stunning - congrats! I had the 44mm version of this when the BB was first launched in 05 and have gone through several in that time. I'm pleased to see I'm not the only Hublot fan on the forum :lol:

Very nice Simon.

I've the 44mm Steel Ceramic and just love it. The sandwich case/lug design using different materials is a real standout feature for me.

Many like to mock from afar, but they're one of those watches that really 'pop' on the wrist.

Hublot seem to be picking up more and more fans on the forum and who knows, we might even break into double figures before the year is out :P

And I don't know about you, but I don't even follow football :mrgreen:

Enjoy.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by WatchScout
    What happened to the SEAL?
    I got funny about the asymmetry - if they'd left out the date and popped in a 3, I'd still have it.

:)

Master

I agree - they give the black date wheel to the 44mm version.

Master

I had the 44mm version of this many years ago and regret selling it. Lovely watch and the 41mm looks just the right size for you mate

Love it! I don't normally think much of Hublot but this one makes me want one. A lot!

Master

This one looks great. Suits your wrist for sure

Master

Awesome, what a great watch! I love the Big Bang in it's original steel and ceramic form the best.

loving the Hublot, it looks great. It was my grail for a while until i tried the 44mm version on and looked like a child wearing daddy's watch.

the 41mm looks amazing though and may have back on the grail list (although they're not as "common" as the 44mm though. If "common" could ever be used to describe a Hublot :D )

Master

An absolute beauty. Being small wristed myself I always thought a Hublot would be out of the question.

Unless I get the lotto numbers this weekend it still is though

Craftsman

Thats a lovely looking watch, is this the brand that alan Shearer wears but with rose gold in it? MArk

Craftsman

Do they also make a 47mm version of this one? Clling 41mm Big Bang seems strange to me, but...?

Master

Quote Originally Posted by jur
    Do they also make a 47mm version of this one? Clling 41mm Big Bang seems strange to me, but...?
    They make the BB in 38mm and 44mm too. Hublot also make a larger variant call the Big Bang King which is 48mm. The name Big Bang does not relate to the size of the watch, more the concept.

Craftsman

If a watch is measured 48mm the name Big Bang King suits the size aswell the concept.
    48mm on that watch is immaculate!
    thanks

Master

Saw this up for sale, i also was unaware that this was available in 41mm (chrono) looks fab!!! there is definitely a divide on love/ hate for hublot in general but i like em!!! thanks for sharing pics.

Nice watch and thanks for sharing.

Regards,

km9

Journeyman

Have to say i've always been in two minds about Hublot - not a massive fan, and don't think i could pull off a Rose Gold one for example, but that looks really great - well done.

Hublot are growing on me, I see some similarities with AP.

One thing that would bug me is the screws for the straps aren't at right angles/parallel to the case.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by gladders

simon
    That looks much more tasteful than I would have thought. It actually looks nice.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by WillS
    Hublot are growing on me, I see some similarities with AP.

One thing that would bug me is the screws for the straps aren't at right angles/parallel to the case.
    That would drive me mad as well.
    Gosh what a lunetics we are :mrgreen:

The 41mm is a great size for the Big Bang. Congrats!

Craftsman
    Hi Simon

Do you still enjoy your Hublot?

Is there any wobble from the (valjoux 7750) movement?

Craftsman
    Nice, good size for your wrist.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by feilersen View Post
    Hi Simon

Do you still enjoy your Hublot?

Is there any wobble from the (valjoux 7750) movement?

I still absolutely love it! As mentioned in another Hublot thread, it's nice to wear something a little different and the case detailing and carbon fibre dial really differentiate this from so many other watches. It fits my scrawney wrist perfectly.

Two minor niggles - shame it's only 100m water resistant, I had to take my yellow Super Abyss on holiday for swimming, and reading the chrono is a bit tricky. Other than that, perfect!

Don't notice any wobble.

simon

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mark563 View Post
    Thats a lovely looking watch, is this the brand that alan Shearer wears but with rose gold in it? MArk
    sure that would have been a freebie they all had them in the euro,s and hublot were sponsors

Journeyman
    One of the main issues I always had with Hublot was that they were a little loud for my tastes but this model is much more like it. It's also nice to see something different used in terms of materials.

Still not sure about the strap. Can it be changed on these models?

OP you say you have a GO sports that you may want to get sell. I may be in the market for one if the price is right

I am also a fan & think they look really good & will probably end up with one eventually, although wonder how much would wear it in real life as it almost looks a little too "precious" to knock about, although am not clumsy so probably overly concerned.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha123 View Post
    Still not sure about the strap. Can it be changed on these models?

OP you say you have a GO sports that you may want to get sell. I may be in the market for one if the price is right
    The strap can be changed - I spoke to the Hublot Boutique in London and it seems they only do one alternative for the 41mm Big Bang which is a smooth leather one. The price, however, is £470! So, I may hold off on that. I saw on another forum that somebody had a custom carbon fibre strap made up, so I may research that in the future.

I have/had a Glashutte Sport Evolution GMT for sale here - http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...shutte+panerai. Right now, I'm in the middle of moving and all my watch boxes are in storage while I'm living at my girlfriend's house pending completion on our new place. I'm sort of considering trying to sell those two in earnest again along with my white faced 42mm Explorer II to finance an Aquanaut or maybe a Nautilus. I'll have to see how poor I am after buying a house though :)

simon