closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Brushed Finish

Brushed Finish

I caught the brushed finish on one of my watches with a wine opener, lever arch type to be precise, when opening a bottle of red and now have a small but annoying smooth spot on the brushed finish. :shock: :cry: :evil:

Anybody know the best way of restoring it? (the brushed finish that is - the wine's been drunk and the opener has already been consigned to the bin!!!!).

TIA. :)
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Re: Brushed Finish

I had an "accident" with the bracelet on by Sub last year. I tried one of the scratch pens, but it didn't do a great deal. I couldn't bring myself to take a scotch brite pad (as I'm sure others will recommend) to my Rolex, so I splashed out 20 quid on one of these:

http://www.watchtool.co.uk/bergeon-5444 ... -6450.html

Did I great job in getting the brushed finish back to where it should be.

is it a scrape or a scratch? Some masking tape, elbow grease and a medium garryflex block has refreshed most of my watches with brushed finishes- Happily removes most microlines and light marks.

Quote Originally Posted by closetothebrink
    I had an "accident" with the bracelet on by Sub last year. I tried one of the scratch pens, but it didn't do a great deal. I couldn't bring myself to take a scotch brite pad (as I'm sure others will recommend) to my Rolex, so I splashed out 20 quid on one of these:

Isn't that a just like a Garyflex block but 5 times more expensive :?

Thanks for the suggestions guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by gentlemenpreferhats
    is it a scrape or a scratch? Some masking tape, elbow grease and a medium garryflex block has refreshed most of my watches with brushed finishes- Happily removes most microlines and light marks.
    I should have been clearer with my description, sorry It's neither a scrape or a scratch, it's on the bezel and is more of a flattening where the leaver of the opener came down on the bezel when the cork snapped and the lever of the opener came down on my wrist and the bezel of the watch. It's only minor, maybe an eighth of an inch, but it's irritating.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stoat

Yes - but having "Burgeon" written on the packaging makes these a lot more valuable :wink:

Actually, I'd not come across the Garyflex blocks before until I saw the reference above. Having had a quick look, they do look pretty similar!

Craftsman

They can be found for less in places like Farnell and RS components, but here's a link to more accessible supplies:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garryson-Garryf ... B0001P08UQ

Master

Brushed Finish

Quote Originally Posted by MartC
    They can be found for less in places like Farnell and RS components, but here's a link to more accessible supplies:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garryson-Garryf ... B0001P08UQ
    any ideas what abrasive level to get for a sub bracelet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stoat

Yes - but having "Burgeon" written on the packaging makes these a lot more valuable :wink:

Actually, I'd not come across the Garyflex blocks before until I saw the reference above. Having had a quick look, they do look pretty similar!
    I swear by Garyflex blocks. Brilliant little buggers!

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k
    any ideas what abrasive level to get for a sub bracelet?
    I'd most likely go with the grey block which is 120grit. Worth getting a brown block too which is 240grit as a light rub with this after the grey can get you closer if the factory grain is very slightly finer.

Bracelet off and lay flat and straight on some kitchen roll, or tape it down to a piece of card. Try not to press to hard as you want to keep the block nice and flat to maintain crisp edges.

Master

Brushed Finish

Cheers MartC, I did buy some of the abrasive cloths from Spencer, but want to try with something a little more tried and tested on the sub, whilst building up my confidence with some other watches.