closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Graham watches

Graham watches

Hello all recently I have been doing some window shopping and I like the look of the Graham watches ..what do fellow members think of these watches Im not sure how long they have been in the game but some of the watches are oversize and might look hideous to some but I personally do like some the designs..Has anyone on here owned and if what they like to feel and wear.

Any advice welcome

thanks

Re: Graham watches

Never owned one but have seen a few and tried a few on. They are definitely a marmite brand and I'd would never consider buying a new one. The value will drop massively as soon as it is out of the shop! From what I have read about them, I think they are of reasonable quality and, like you, I quite like some of the designs. But not enough to have ever bought one :D .

Craftsman

Same here..I do like some of them but haven't taken the plunge yet..Would definately try to get one in 2nd market if I were shopping for one..

Another meaningless company putting generic Swiss movements into hideous oversized cases. They've appropriated the name of George Graham, with whom they have no association. If you want a gimmick fashion watch, there are plenty of others out there that do it better for cheaper - not that I advise buying them either.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Belligero
    Another meaningless company putting generic Swiss movements into hideous oversized cases. They've appropriated the name of George Graham, with whom they have no association. If you want a gimmick fashion watch, there are plenty of others out there that do it better for cheaper - not that I advise buying them either.
    X2

Hideous!

Only seen a couple that I've thought looked ok - one of them sold on out SC.

Embarrassingly - they sponsor the Isle of Man TT!

Very overpriced imho.
    It's just a matter of time...

They seem to do some fairly reasonably priced tourbillions , never heard much about them though.

Graham watches

I like them, especially the silver stone chronograph. They are damn pricey though.

Don't they also sponsor Mercedes F1? I'm sure I've seen their branding on the mirrors and Ross Brawn seemed to be wearing or during a recent interview (when Rosberg won his first GP)

I am not sure which watch this is but the difference in final value and retail is....

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/18294/lot/181/

http://www.jurawatches.co.uk/collection ... tAod9x1Jzw

quite a lot....

Oh I don't know. The Ali Baba has something going for it. If one found oneself in a sticky situation, one might be able to use it to dazzle the bounder trying to inflict bodily harm before using it to gouge a channel in his skull. Or I guess it could be used to buy ones way out of a kidnap scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by jmarchitect
    I guess it could be used to buy ones way out of a kidnap scenario.

Unless the hapless victim was caught off the coast of Somalia.....

Hideous tat.

Master

Big big pieces. It is more interesting having a real fishbowl!! :lol:

I am sure they must make some nice designs, although I have yet to see one.
    Not quite in Invicta's league, but one I think I will steer clear of.

Master
    Blog Entries

I had a graham swordfish for a while, bought used they are reasonable value. In term of quality I would say similar to breitling.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve748
    I am not sure which watch this is but the difference in final value and retail is....

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/18294/lot/181/

http://www.jurawatches.co.uk/collection ... tAod9x1Jzw

quite a lot....
    Oh yes, and the crazy thing is the one at auction was only given to TT Winners - not an easy achievement!!!
    It's just a matter of time...

They've a couple I quite like the look of and the ones I've handled were well made, but RRP is now ludicrous (and some designs are hideous).

I'm sure they were typically around the £2.5k mark 3 or 4 years ago, but many seem to list in excess of £7k now :shock:

I can only assume it's a deliberate marketing ploy to move them into a more exclusive segment where individuality plays a big part, rather than trying to compete with the likes of Omega, Tag & Breitling, although Omega are playing a similar game, but leading with the inhouse card rather than outlandish designs.

I do like the idea of something left field in my collection for when the mood takes and that used to be filled by a Corum bubble, but that slot is currently empty and a used Chronofighter Oversize would do nicely, but they're not available for Corum Bubble money (£1500ish) so it's not going to happen any time soon, if ever. An Azimuth Mr Roboto is more realistic.

Graham watches

All the references to Graham and 1695 is just dishonest, as they have no connection at all. To be fair they don't claim that in the detail, but superficially it alludes to a non-existent history.

The watches are all hideous, but the mind boggling thing is that people must buy them! I can find things to like in several marmite brands such as B&R, U-Boat and Hublot, but I would never have a Graham, even at a knockdown price.

David

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Belligero
    Are you thinking "generic Swiss movements" includes the La Joux Perret column-wheel derivative of the 7753?

I quite like the smaller as something alternative to the usual WIS fodder, although I could do without the instructions on the bottom pusher. Interesting movement, too. And thanks for the advice...

...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

You shouldn't judge people by what they wear as you will invariably be incorrect. BUT...

When I see somebody wearing a Graham I assume:

1) He is a tastelwess git.

2) He doesn't know anything about watches.

So far so good :mrgreen:

Finland...next to a lake...somewhere in the forest.

I'm torn about these watches. Some dials look great,while others are totally tasteless. Purchase has never been issue to me because of the cost. The oversized crowns also
    tend to make them impractical for everyday wear.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew
    Are you thinking "generic Swiss movements" includes the La Joux Perret column-wheel derivative of the 7753?
    The term "generic" might not entirely apply to that one.

Nonetheless, did Graham SA have anything to do with its development and manufacture? I see little to no difference between putting a common off-the-shelf movement in a case vs. using a less typical one.

In fairness, the same can be said of some to all models of IWC, Panerai, Omega, Breitling, Longines, Fortis, Baume et Mercier, Bell & Ross, Hamilton, Oris, Tissot, Sinn and dozens of others. Some just do it more transparently than others. Personally, I don't mind an ETA-sourced movement as long as the price reflects it and they don't pretend it's anything special.