closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 89 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,450 of 8032

Thread: Anyone watched any good movies recently?

The Water Diviner a bit of a far stretched yarn but...very watchable

Journeyman
    While I think about it - i've been thinking about getting on the Star Wars hype train (having never watched any of the films).

So which order should I watch them in? Release date? Or chronological order?

Quote Originally Posted by gex23 View Post
    While I think about it - i've been thinking about getting on the Star Wars hype train (having never watched any of the films).

So which order should I watch them in? Release date? Or chronological order?
    Neither, machete order for the first 6, so IV, V, II, III, VI, then force awakens and last jedi, Rogue 1 is a stand alone film that can be watched anytime after IV

http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/201...viewing-order/

Last edited by Brighty; 15th January 2018 at 13:42.

Master
    Blog Entries
    three billboards well acted and frances mcdormand must be is oscar nomination territory
    "The film is as dark as they come, a pitch-black, often laceratingly funny look at human nature at its most nasty, brutish and dimwitted"

Master
    Blog Entries
    "all the money in the world" ok but wait for dvd though christopher plummer steals the show and some great old italian cars

I'm not sure if I'm embarrassed by this or not?! I enjoyed watching Bright on Netflix. Will Smith doing his best character but with Orc and Elves. Strange concept but it worked and the production levels were very high.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Neither, machete order for the first 6, so IV, V, II, III, VI, then force awakens and last jedi, Rogue 1 is a stand alone film that can be watched anytime after IV

http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/201...viewing-order/

THANK YOU!

As someone who hasn't seen any Star Wars movie I've often asked people what order I should watch them in. I'm going to try this!

Master
    Scarface e is on ITV4 right now. One of the best films ever. Al Pacino was cast so well in the role of Tony Montana.

Master
    The new Pixar film Coco is excellent. Well told story with lovely images and colour.

Master
    I watched Hacksaw Ridge on Netflix last night. Superb film, I really enjoyed it.

Watched Dunkirk recently too - really struggled with it. Thought it was rather crap to be honest

Pimpernel Smith today
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Paddington 2 is a great film and thoroughly deserves it's 100% rating on Rottentomatoes.

On Netflix, you can still catch Bone Tomahawk, a truly genre bending western with Kurt Russel. Don't read about it; just watch it.

Kaleidoscope

Just saw this today:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5634088/

With Toby Jones and Anne Reid, pretty good, if unusual taut thriller type film.

The two leads were both as excellent as you would expect and who would have thought Anne Reid could be frightening?

I saw the Darkest Hour at the weekend. What a film!!!

Lucky Logan on Sunday. Very enjoyable.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Hugo, what a cracking watch. I recorded it over Christmas for the kids but we all sat down and watched it on Sunday.

Ben Kingsley and Sacha Baron Cohen were both excellent in it I thought, and Chloe Moretz' British accent had me googling to make sure I had her nationality right (I did, she's American).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Watched Logan Lucky (not to be confused with the wolverine version). Wasn’t expecting much but ended up enjoying it. Would rate it a 7 or 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ^^^ this! ^^^

Funny to watch. Recommended.

Hugo, what a cracking watch. I recorded it over Christmas for the kids but we all sat down and watched it on Sunday.

Ben Kingsley and Sacha Baron Cohen were both excellent.
    ^^^ another: this ^^^

My first visit to Paris was with my first wife. Must have been the early 80s. The Palais the Chaillot (Place Trocadéro) housed the Musee Henri Langois in the Basement. With the items like they are shown in this movie. Sadly a fire demolished the Musee in 97.

It was great to see all those 'props' reused in Hugo!

Menno
    Last edited by thieuster; 17th January 2018 at 00:10.

Quote Originally Posted by nick67 View Post
    Watched Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, brilliant film with some very good acting, great story and comedy.
    I didn't like it much. Sam Rockwell was very good in it but there weren't a lot of sympathetic characters.

I've just been watching 'Good Time' on Netflix and it is very badly named.

Grand Master
    Watched ‘Get Out’ was very cool

RIAC

[QUOTE=sammyl1000;4632998]I'm not sure if I'm embarrassed by this or not?! I enjoyed watching Bright on Netflix. Will Smith doing his best character but with Orc and Elves. Strange concept but it worked and the production levels were very high.

I also really enjoyed watching this. Plenty of action and Will Smith being a similar character to J in the MIB films.

Master
    Watched Baby driver last night and enjoyed it - Mrs lewie was not keen

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Watched Baby driver last night and enjoyed it - Mrs lewie was not keen
    second this, baby driver is a bit quirky and action packed.

Grand Master
    [QUOTE=scrog10;4634385]
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyl1000 View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm embarrassed by this or not?! I enjoyed watching Bright on Netflix. Will Smith doing his best character but with Orc and Elves. Strange concept but it worked and the production levels were very high.

I also really enjoyed watching this. Plenty of action and Will Smith being a similar character to J in the MIB films.
    Great movie. Goes serious and funny to dark and detailed

RIAC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by toptime View Post
    Watched 'dead man's shoes' last night after a friend recommended it. Typical low cost uk film but enjoyable and worth a watch
    I went to school with the guy that played Anthony in that film (the dead kid with special needs). Toby Kebbell is his name. Weirdly, I swear he had no interest in drama at school because at GCSE level you took either art, drama or music at my school and I sat next to him for two years doing GSCE art.

He's grown up to become a fine actor

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabola View Post
    I went to school with the guy that played Anthony in that film (the dead kid with special needs). Toby Kebbell is his name. Weirdly, I swear he had no interest in drama at school because at GCSE level you took either art, drama or music at my school and I sat next to him for two years doing GSCE art.

Great story! Small world huh!?

Journeyman
    I gave capitan Phillips another watch recently, definitely recommend

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabola View Post

I’m friends with Shane Meadows. Really excited about his current project due later this year and Dead Mans Shoes along with This is England are incredible works

RIAC

Master
    Watched The Tailor of Panama starring Pierce Brosnan, Geoffrey Rush and Jamie Lee Curtis today - very good!

And just finished Interstellar - impressive!

Blog Entries
    American Made. Based on a true story. With Tom Cruise about the Iran Contra Affair etc. Nice film. Sadly, Tom Cruise is in it. Always that grin on his face... Any other actor could have done better 'cause Cruise doesn't look like the real Barry Seal.

And then... Last Flag Flying. With Cranston, Fishburn and Steve Carell. Wow, wow, wow! Carell is better here than when he's acting as a funny guy.

M.

Master
    "Wind river" - good little murder thriller set in the snow covered Wyoming wilderness, based on true events. 8/10

"All the money in the world" - convincing and tense tale of kidnap, greed, and dysfunctional family dynamics. 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    "Wind river" - good little murder thriller set in the snow covered Wyoming wilderness, based on true events. 8/10
    Based on your recommendation I just spent some of my pocket money on VOD to watch this. You're right - good thriller and Jeremy Renner is a versatile actor and always very watchable.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Allwatches View Post
    second this, baby driver is a bit quirky and action packed.
    I loved the Harlem shuffle opening scene
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rYv2a_VF328
    I also enjoyed him in November criminals

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    Based on your recommendation I just spent some of my pocket money on VOD to watch this. You're right - good thriller and Jeremy Renner is a versatile actor and always very watchable.
    Glad you enjoyed it. A film that went under the radar cause it's not a juvenile blockbuster. ;-) I thought he was v good in the Bourne film too.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Master
    I thought ' The Post ' was quite good.

Craftsman
    Anyone seen the new Churchill film, trailer looks great.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Three Billboards Outside Ebbing,Missouri.

One of the best films I have ever watched. Simply superb in all respects.

Just go and watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    Three Billboards Outside Ebbing,Missouri.

One of the best films I have ever watched. Simply superb in all respects.

Just go and watch it.
    On my list that - hoping to go and see it next week.

Watched Polka King on Netflix on Friday. I'm not a fan of Jack Black but it was a decent, interesting and at times funny film. Based on a true story

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gee252 View Post
    Anyone seen the new Churchill film, trailer looks great
    I thought it was very good in conveying the gravity of the situation and the degree to which things could easily have been quite different. My partner felt it was a little slow but Oldman's performance kept it interesting for me the whole while.

Wind River is very good. The director, Taylor Sheridan, also wrote Sicario and Hell or high water, the latter being one of the best films I saw last year.
    J

Enjoyed American made

Quote Originally Posted by Jardine32 View Post
    Wind River is very good. The director, Taylor Sheridan, also wrote Sicario and Hell or high water, the latter being one of the best films I saw last year.
    J
    That's interesting, I hadn't realised. Curiously though, I did think the tension build-up at the trailer park was very similar to the tension build-up in Sicario when they are stuck in a traffic jam on the wrong side of the Mexican border. Makes sense now.

Master
    Shot Caller, absolutely superb prison type drama. Gritty, well written and superbly acted. Highly recommended!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
    I watched Hacksaw Ridge on Netflix last night. Superb film, I really enjoyed it.

Watched Dunkirk recently too - really struggled with it. Thought it was rather crap to be honest
    Hacksaw Ridge was superb.

I totally agree with you when it comes to Dunkirk. Having huge interest in the Second World War and knowing the history of many battles, Dunkirk did nothing for me. It could have been so much more accurate IMHO but that's Hollywood I guess.

I work with a gentleman who is now 97. He was there as part of the 51st Highlanders, and he ended up getting captured by the Germans in Saint-Valery-en-Caux in June 1940. He went to see the movie and he was impressed with the special effects but disappointed with everything else. He was there so I cannot argue with that.

http://www.thenational.scot/library/...e_of_Dunkirk_/
    Last edited by j111dja; 21st January 2018 at 18:34.

^^^^
    Quite underwhelmed watching Dunkirk. It didn’t convey the chaos and sheer numbers of British & allied forces, the sight of a ship with what looked like a hundred or so evacuees onboard instead of the photos and films I’ve seen of ships rammed with returning soldiers didn’t do the evacuation justice. Can’t be that difficult for CGI to add a crowd.
    I absolutely loved the score however, who doesn’t love Edgar’s Nimrod?

We tried to watch 'John Wick 2' today. Utter and complete load of arse. I am sick of watching films where the hero never misses and guns are fired in confined places and no ones ears bleed.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by proby24 View Post
    I saw 'Molly's Game' last night. A slick, well-acted film about an ex-Olympic skier who ends up running high-stakes poker in LA and NY. Anyone who likes good-looking women and/or poker will definitely enjoy this.

A solid 7 or 8 out of 10.
    Watched this last night. It was the Missus' choice too. We both enjoyed it though a tad long.

Master
    Also saw Mollys game today, great movie and loved the poker action!

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post

On Netflix, you can still catch Bone Tomahawk, a truly genre bending western with Kurt Russel. Don't read about it; just watch it.
    I liked this a lot. Brutal though. You can tell it’s the same director as Brawl in Cell Block 99. (Which seems to split opinion on here, but I also liked).

Master
    Locke - strangely captivating. Tom Hardy is as always, brilliant.

Saw 12 Strong today, the true story of twelve U.S. Army Green Berets who were dropped into northern Afghanistan the month after 9/11/01, to help an Afghani general (aka war lord) push the Taliban out of the country with the support of field-directed B-52 bombing. It was excellent!