closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 73 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,650 of 8058

Thread: Anyone watched any good movies recently?

Hunt For The Wilderpeople

Superb movie

Watched something called Whiplash last night. It won a ton of awards, and you can see why. Just brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    Watched something called Whiplash last night. It won a ton of awards, and you can see why. Just brilliant.
    This is a fantastic movie. In must have watched it 3 or times now. It's definitely worth a watch .

Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    The writer/director's new film - La La Land - is also getting rave reviews.

Craftsman
    La La Land and Trainspotting 2 are both on my short list for the coming weeks.

Hope Trainspotting 2 doesn't disappoint, having been a big fan of the first film at the book(s).

Master
    I watched Sully yesterday - the one about captain Sullenberger who landed the Airbus A320 in the Hudson a few years ago. Made by Clint Eastwood and with Tom Hanks playing Sully, I found it a very good movie. No fantasy here, just the true story of a guy who saved 155 lives in 208 seconds. And who gets a lot of trouble with the National Transportation Safety Board immediately after because they did not believe at first that landing in the river was the only option (fortunately for him he was there to defend himself, because normally, when the NTSB tries to reconstruct an accident from instrument data and voice recorder etc., the pilot is dead so it is easy to blame him for 'pilot error'). Pictures very well what kind of person the captain was (is), how he came to be that way and how he and his first officer made their decisions. Trust Eastwood and Hanks to do the job well enough that you sometimes sit on the edge of your seat and want to strangle the NTSB investigators.
    I'm probably biased, being a pilot. Anyway, recommended.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Fschwep View Post
    I watched Sully yesterday - the one about captain Sullenberger who landed the Airbus A320 in the Hudson a few years ago. Made by Clint Eastwood and with Tom Hanks playing Sully, I found it a very good movie. No fantasy here, just the true story of a guy who saved 155 lives in 208 seconds. And who gets a lot of trouble with the National Transportation Safety Board immediately after because they did not believe at first that landing in the river was the only option (fortunately for him he was there to defend himself, because normally, when the NTSB tries to reconstruct an accident from instrument data and voice recorder etc., the pilot is dead so it is easy to blame him for 'pilot error'). Pictures very well what kind of person the captain was (is), how he came to be that way and how he and his first officer made their decisions. Trust Eastwood and Hanks to do the job well enough that you sometimes sit on the edge of your seat and want to strangle the NTSB investigators.
    Great summary. Looking forward to it even more now!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Albellisimo View Post

Superb movie
    Agreed! We watched it on Monday evening. Great fun with some very funny lines in it.

Apprentice
    I liked the Accountent. The twist was a little to obvious otherwise it was good.

Craftsman
    Suicide Squad and Magnificent Seven.

Craftsman
    Agreed on the Hunt for the Wilderpeople suggestion. Bit of a slow start but really entertaining.

Also second the Magnificent Seven recommendation below for when you want an action film that requires little thought. Saw Inferno the other day which was pretty decent as well although I'm not a fan of Dan Brown generally. Best thing I have seen recently though is War Dogs (albeit its slightly worrying its based on a true story).

Watched Stevie D over the Christmas / New Year break (a couple of times) and thought it was rather good.

See: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3644258/

STEVIE D is a humorous crime drama about a Los Angeles construction magnate whose only son has accidentally killed a connected man. A sinister plan is hatched that sends the son into hiding while an unsuccessful actor is hired to fill his shoes and unknowingly take the hit.
    Thought it deserved a better rating than 5.4 that iMDb gave it.

Craftsman
    caught the deep water horizon movie the other day and really enjoyed it but i would have a liked the film to pay a little more attention to the environmental aftermath just something in the credits at least!!

Last night we watched Our Man in Havana. Simply excellent!

Master
    Silence was quite good though at 2hrs and 20mins a bit long

Blog Entries
    Over on the TR Register a member (pilot) fully agrees with you, when he writes tha Sully is a real Hero from a professional/collegue point of view.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Albellisimo View Post

Superb movie
    Thanks for this recommendation. Watched last night and agree - it was tremendous.

I like Tom Hanks, as an actor, and looked forward to this film and wasn't disappointed.

I actually said to the missus also, if he wasn't here it would have been pilot error etc. etc. and I had the same feeling as you, wanted to throttle the NTSB, I got a bit worked up over it actually which is unlike me over a film. I'm not a pilot but have a keen interest in aviation and its engineering. Great Film!

I watched Denial last night, I thought it had some very good performances and showed Holocaust denial for what it is, total rubbish.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by astonandy View Post
    Thanks for this recommendation. Watched last night and agree - it was tremendous.
    I really loved this film it has everything, good story, comedy element, heartwarming. Excellent recommendation!

Watched "the accountant" last night, not a massive fan of Afleck (mrs is) but have to admit he was good in it and a quite good film 👍 Got bored for about 15 mins in the middle, but I usually do! 😂

Blog Entries
    Watched Eddie the Eagle on Netflix yesterday with the whole family and we all really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Progressive View Post
    Saw Sully this week, a good film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmtmastertwo View Post
    I watched the re make of point break, surprised how good it was after reading the bad reviews if you loved the original like me it's well worth a look

This is a joke post, surely?,!

It's a circus! Absolute rubbish!

Craftsman
    Hell or high water. Jeff bridges plays a good role, not what you'd call a likeable character in the film at the start.
    Easy to watch Sunday eve film, simple plot but executed fairly well.
    7.5/10

Blog Entries
    Watched The Flowers of War tonight.

In 1937 China, during the second Sino-Japanese war, a mortician, John (Christian Bale) arrives at a Catholic church in Nanjing to prepare a priest for burial. Upon arrival he finds himself the lone adult among a group of convent girl students and prostitutes from a nearby brothel. When he finds himself in the unwanted position of protector of both groups from the horrors of the invading Japanese army, he discovers the meaning of sacrifice and honor.
    Worth a viewing IMHO

z

Quote Originally Posted by Progressive View Post
    We watched it tonight and really enjoyed it. Whenever I see Tom Hanks in a role he always makes you believe is that Guy, whether Captain Sully in this movie, Captain Phillips or the legal insurance guy from Bridge of Spies.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Son of a gun

Ewan Mcgregor rarely makes a bad movie imho, and as the only star in this gritty crime drama with some bit-part actors he makes the movie.

Tivo conked out so I stuck on a DVD - Platoon.

Still as great as I remembered.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Ive recently watched the first three original Star Trek movies from 79-mid 80s and I was really surprised how good they were. Ive never been into Star Trek and only saw like an episode or two on Tv and found it boring, so this was a nice suprise. I did enjoy the recent reboot films that were in cinemas and that got me interested in watching the original ones.

Agree with previous comments, 'Hunt for the Wilderpeople' is really really good, i laughed more at this than any recent comedy, and this wasn't really an all out comedy

Craftsman
    Cardboard Boxer - Good, but sad movie, makes you reassess your life and problems a bit
    That sugar film - Documentary about sugar, eye opener, if you care about your health

Master
    Captain Fantastic 8/10
    War Dogs 7/10
    The Hunt for the Wilderpeople 7/10
    Jack Reacher Never Go Back 6/10

Sing Street, on Netflix. Lovely film. Not quite an update on The Commitments, but similar.

A friend of ours is going to Bruges with his partner later in the year so last night we had him round for dinner and a mandatory viewing of In Bruges. What a brilliant film.

Grand Budapest Hotel was on Film 4 last night and will be again, a Wes Anderson film. I enjoyed it.

Blog Entries
    Ninja scroll (1993) anime classic on Syfy for me - best era for manga up there with fist of the North Star, akira, Golgo 13 and vampire hunter

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Grand Budapest Hotel was on Film 4 last night and will be again, a Wes Anderson film. I enjoyed it.

That's a great film with an amazing cast list. Will watch it again now. thanks for the heads up

Master
    Just finished watching I.T. with Pierce Brosnan. A rather good movie imho.

Journeyman
    Watched Fury the other night, thought it was a cracking film.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Deep Water Horizon was pretty good.

Craftsman
    Arrival kept me and the wife entertained on Sunday, a great film that raises a few questions at the end.
    Not your usual sci-fi 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post

On Film4 again, Su 22 Jan 21:00.

Watched Concussion and Sully this week.

I enjoyed them both but preferred Concussion. It seemed very relevant with the new tackle laws recently introduced into rugby union. Nothing wrong with Sully the film and as others said it was eye opening to see the attitude taken against the pilot by the investigators but I am not keen on "true stories" even ones as well made and acted as this was.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Watched The Flowers of War tonight.

Worth a viewing IMHO

z
    Is it as grim viewing as it sounds?

We always hear of the Nazi atrocities, but what the Japanese did in China was, whilst less industrialised, certainly no less horrific or barbaric...

M.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Is it as grim viewing as it sounds?

We always hear of the Nazi atrocities, but what the Japanese did in China was, whilst less industrialised, certainly no less horrific or barbaric...

M.
    No. Whilst it deals with the Japanese actions in China (& there are Somme upsetting scenes) it centres around Bale & other characters who "turnaround" from being selfish individuals, to more caring, selfless characters who help the girls in the cathedral escape the besieged city.

Not it for the faint hearted - but worth a viewing. IMHO.

z

I bought a device today with a system called Kodi loaded on it. It allowed me to watch Hacksaw Ridge at home. Slow burner for about half an hour but then all hell broke loose. Totally amazing.............
    I have no idea how the system works but it seems I can watch anything for free.

Quote Originally Posted by luckywatch View Post
    I bought a device today with a system called Kodi loaded on it. It allowed me to watch Hacksaw Ridge at home. Slow burner for about half an hour but then all hell broke loose. Totally amazing.............
    I have no idea how the system works but it seems I can watch anything for free.

Now that .
    Was a film.
    True story of a conscientious objector who went to war , against everybody's wishes and came back a war hero. I won't spoil it but it's a stunning film. Mel Gibson would've cleaned up this year if he'd kept quiet in the past.
    Andrew Garfield is brilliant as the lead.
    It is brutal , but it's one of the best war films for me.

Is the Kodi stream still crap quality like it was when I tried to watch Hacksaw ridge a few weeks ago? I know they get better after a while but it was a pretty poor quality stream.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Is the Kodi stream still crap quality like it was when I tried to watch Hacksaw ridge a few weeks ago? I know they get better after a while but it was a pretty poor quality stream.
    Kodi should not be confused with illegal IPTV which is the streaming service built into the package you've bought.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...ou-9635222.amp

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk