closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 95 of 161 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,750 of 8032

Thread: Anyone watched any good movies recently?

I know it's been mentioned a few times already in here but finally got round to watching "Ready player one" last night. I read the book a while ago and to be honest I was ready to be disappointed as most films don't seem to make the transition from the book very well to me.

Well I must say I really enjoyed it. I know films take quite a few liberty's and this was no exception but all in all I think it was a good attempt. I'd definitely watch it again

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    watched " Williams " last night on netflix which was a film length documentary about Frank Williams which i found very interesting being of that era

Just watched "Disobedience" at the cinema, starring Rachel McAdams and Rachel Weisz. OUTSTANDING! Forbidden love in a London Orthodox Jewish community. Oscar-worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    I watched 'Three Billboards...', again. This time with my wife. What a great film! The Oscars are well-deserved, even when you watch the movie for a second time.

Menno
    I watched it on a plane last month...or rather didn't as I fell asleep...I tried again on the flight last week, fell asleep again.

'Saving Private Ryan' on TV the other night - hard to believe it's now 20 years old. Following on from the 'Dunkirk' thread, it reminded me of how superior SPR is. Very emotional in parts, too. A towering achievement.

And 'Avengers - Infinity War' in the cinema - enjoyable, and fairly clipped along for a film with several diverting sub-plots and 150 mins running time. Marvel always seem to do a decent job of cramming that many characters into a plot without making it seem badly forced.

A Quiet Place is one of the best horror films I've watched in years. Very clever, utterly tense all the way through, fantastic!

Black Panther could've gone either way for me, but I really enjoyed it. It had a better central story than most of the Marvel movies, and the whole look of it was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    The book is excellent....far better than the film. I'm guessing if you watch the film before reading the book you will probably enjoy it much more.

As an aside,it's also worth reading Armada but the same author.
    Just finished the book, brilliant...enjoyed it so much I’ve started reading it again straight after finishing it! I’ve never done that with a book before.

Just watching the Dam Busters on Fillum 4. Knee-grow seems a funny name for a dog

Master
    Just watched Darkest Hour and enjoyed it. I think Gary Oldman was brilliant.

Another vote for I, Tonya. It's like Eddie the Eagle, but with more balls.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Hostiles wasnt too bad.

Master
    Yesterday I've watched Outland from 1981 with Sean Connery and thought it was quite good and better than the reviews would suggest. Probably not on par with science fiction films from the same era but I've enjoyed watching it.

Watched buried on Friday night, how entertaining can a movie be about someone buried alive in a box, well it was to me quite frightening, with a sad end. I couldn’t imagine how it would be to even make the movie let along be buried alive.

Quote Originally Posted by A.Pottinger View Post
    Wind River. It was very well acted, is based on a true story, and the scenery is stunning. It's much more vivid and frank than many Hollywood films, imho.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_River_(film)
    Think it's my favourite film recently, well worth a watch. Not a big fan of Jeremy Renner, but I thought he did well in this.

Master
    Deadpool 2, if you liked the first one you will love this one. Well done but basically more of the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched "Duplicity" with Clive Owen, Julia Roberts and Paul Giamatti. Lightweight but entertaining.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Another thumbs up for Deadpool 2 - laugh out loud funny if you like that sort of thing, which I do.

Noticed that Josh Brolin/Cable's wrist time-machine was branded Carl F. Bucherer. Also Deadpool rides a Vespa - top man!

Blog Entries
    I re-watched Sicario with Del Toro and Brolin. Worth watching again. Not for that lady Blunt. I don’t like her - in any movie for that matter.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    And another thumbs up for Deadpool 2...... superb!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    I re-watched Sicario with Del Toro and Brolin. Worth watching again. Not for that lady Blunt. I don’t like her - in any movie for that matter.
    I'd like to watch Sicario again too, though I think it's not on (UK) Netflix anymore....

The sequel, Sicario: The day of the Soldado, is coming out next month.

Blog Entries
    I watched it on AppleTV. The sequel is the reason for re-listing it on A/TV, I suppose.

M

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    My son and I went to watch Solo earlier today. We both really enjoyed it....it was a decent Star Wars film with some nice little bits built in. Definitely a recommended film!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Went to see breaking in. Enjoyed it far more than I thought I would from the trailers. Was v good.

Master
    Mucho Marvel...

Thor Ragnarok. Even as a big Marvel fan I do find the Thor movies a bit boring, more swords and sourcery than classic comic book action. I went into Ragnarok with a "meh" but emerged with a huge smile on my face - absolutely fantastic fun, and I now have a new hero in Korg.

Black Panther. Again not one I was really arsed about but true to form it's now a firm favourite. The Wakandan "technology advances" are pretty much akin to giving the scriptwriters a magic wand and telling them to wish what they like, but other than that it was a good Marvel tie-in while also being an excellent stand-alone movie.

Infinity War. Incredible. Over a decade of build-up for this and it's an insane spectacle. Too many characters I suppose (Spoiler alert - that won't be a concern for the sequel...) but still we have every main character on the roster and an amazing villain, plus an army of his henchmen who would each make a formidable baddie in a smaller movie. Civil War was immense (and probably the best Marvel so far) but this one is triple the size! I dread to think what the budget for casting was.
    Anyway, movie of the year so far for me.

Deadpool 2. More of the same - and that's no bad thing! Blows a great big raspberry in the face of the movie industry, the Marvel universe and fans/geeks alike. Probably not much value to Marvel other than a fun distraction but very very funny!

Master
    Ooooh, and Trainspotting: T2.

I watched it on release and wasn't exactly blown away, but caught it again on SKY Cinema last night and really really enjoyed it.

Can only agree with all the above 👍

Saw deadpool 2 last night and it was ace.

Hope you stayed until the end? (I'm paranoid after leaving infinity early!)

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post

Infinity War. ... Too many characters I suppose (Spoiler alert - that won't be a concern for the sequel...)

Except for the characters who were left out of Infinity War and will be in the sequel: Captain Marvel, The Wasp and Antman to name but three.

Quote Originally Posted by Olic View Post
    Saw deadpool 2 last night and it was ace.
    #metoo

Craftsman
    I really enjoyed Ready Player One

Master
    Watched Topkapi from 1964 with Maximilian Schell and Peter Ustinov. A 60s heist film and very entertaining

Saw Solo Saturday. Really enjoyable.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

If you want a dark comedy a little bit reminiscent of Heathers, then Thoroughbreds is very good.

The Disaster Artist is also quite dark, especially given it's a true story - Wiseau is a very strange individual, bordering on bizarre, eccentric practical joke.

Good time on netflix
    The ultimate focked up heist movie
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Craftsman
    a quiet place.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by D4RK1 View Post
    a quiet place.
    Been trying to get hold of this, really want to see it but can’t get hold of it in the usual places.

Craftsman
    Me and the wife really enjoyed it. Japanese subs but other than that it was bang on.

Master
    The Post with Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks and directed by Steven Spielberg

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by D4RK1 View Post
    Me and the wife really enjoyed it. Japanese subs but other than that it was bang on.
    I will have to wait for the version with UK subs, my Japanese is a little rusty!!

Solo...excellent!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    I will have to wait for the version with UK subs, my Japanese is a little rusty!!

doh!

Journeyman
    The last thing I watched was Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Really good film.

Cheers

Mark

Jungle with Daniel Radcliffe, pretty good, survival in the Bolivian jungle true story.
    Atomic Blonde with the scrummy Charlize Theron, Cold War spy caper, again, not bad at all, both on NowTV.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Blog Entries
    Watched 3 (that've been on my list for a while) during the transatlantic flight yesterday.

The shape of water - I really liked it - but then I do like del Toro movies.

12 Strong - seems a bit gung-ho, but based on a true story - worth a look IMHO.

Blade Runner 2049 - beautifully filmed, but a bit portentous & overly long IMHO - still prefer the original.

z

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Deadpool2.
    Oh god I laughed like a drain at some parts. It's brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Deadpool2.
    Oh god I laughed like a drain at some parts. It's brilliant.
    Very much looking forward to eventually catching this, loved the first one.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Been trying to get hold of this, really want to see it but can’t get hold of it in the usual places.

It's on the showbox app if you have it?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Roman J. Israel, Esq. with Denzel Washington. Good movie, but not excellent. Point is, lately there are more and more movies that use Asperger-ish behaviour as an explanation why the main character acts in a certain way (e.g. The Accountant). Without this Asperger-angle, Washington's acting capabilities are enough to put down a convincing role.

Having said that, I couldn't come up with another actor capable of playing this role. The movie has a grim undertone pointing at the opportunistic and cynical approach of the US legal system.

Worth spending a rainy night watching it on Apple TV, not worth going to the cinema.

M

Blog Entries
    Second movie this week: Darkest Hour with Gary Oldman.

I guess most of you look at this from a more historical & anecdotical pov than we, non-Brits, do. I think that Oldman was great. We all know the story, but his acting and the story were gripping. I'd never thought (if true of course) that there was so much political shenanigan going on at the time when there was really no room, nor time for that.

Imho a 'must-see' movie.

Deadpool 2 enjoyable but first was better.

Avengers was a waste of time imo.