closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Springer Spaniel thread - share your pics!

Blog Entries

Springer Spaniel thread - share your pics!

I have two, mad as hatters both. Kalli is six now and Willow two...

These dogs keep me fit(ish), keep me amused and are fantastic companions.

I know a few other members have Springers and would love to see them and hear any mad Springer stories. :D

Cheers,

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thought I might try again to coax some Springer pics out of thier owners...

Cheers,

Rob

Master
    I own one casper who is 10 he lives with the mother inlaw and her springer, casper brother max. I got casper when we lived with her but as the two brothers had been together for so long we decided it was best for them to both stay with the mother inlaw.
    What I love is that when we go round he ignores all her commands and will only obey me, yet when i'm not there does as she tells him.
    I only have pictures of when he was a pup, I really must get some more.

I grew up with a springer in the family and my first one was when I got a rescue springer called sally for my tenth birthday, we walked miles together, until cancer took her, she had a good innings and lived to the age of 14.

We had an English Springer Spaniel when I was 10 and he saw me go from primary school to secondary school to my first job. We had previously had German Shepherds when I was born till about six but having shared many years with our SS I think they are amazingly intelligent dogs - especially where scent and identifying certain objects are concerned. They are also great with kids. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone thinking of a dog. Ours had his tail docked but I believe nowdays this doesn't have to be the case? If he'd had his tail we'd probably have things go flying as he used to wag it at 100 mph :) I'll try and find a pic tomorrow.

We spend happy times with Tasha and her buddies...

...and eventually when we are all worn out!

Nigel
    Last edited by tempfort; 23rd July 2012 at 19:13.

My parents collected a rescue dog in France a few days ago. She's 3.5 years old and had been beaten and abused by the previous owner before being taken in by the shelter. She spend 7 months in the shelter before my parents took her.

It's only been a few days, but they're mad about her and she seems to feel the same - she won't let them out of her sight. It's amazing how quickly she seems to be recovering from her previous horrible life experiences. She was ill treated by a man and so is very mistrustful of men generally - won't have anything to do with the neighbour just yet, but for some reason took to my father very quickly and seems to trust him.

Not sure what sort of Spaniel she is - Springer, Cocker, or some sort of mixture...? Maybe someone on this thread can enlighten me.

Here are some pics of her being taken home from the shelter:

... and tackling her first rawhide bone:

Last edited by Argon; 24th July 2012 at 03:44.

Blog Entries
    Shane / Bloater - lets see some pics then!

Quote Originally Posted by Argon View Post
    My parents collected a rescue dog in France a few days ago. She's 3.5 years old and had been beaten and abused by the previous owner before being taken in by the shelter. She spend 7 months in the shelter before my parents took her.

It's only been a few days, but they're mad about her and she seems to feel the same - she won't let them out of her sight. It's amazing how quickly she seems to be recovering from her previous horrible life experiences. She was ill treated by a man and so is very mistrustful of men generally - won't have anything to do with the neighbour just yet, but for some reason took to my father very quickly and seems to trust him.

Not sure what sort of Spaniel she is - Springer, Cocker, or some sort of mixture...? Maybe someone on this thread can enlighten me.

Here are some pics of her being taken home from the shelter:

Great and heart-warming story Argon! She looks like she could be a Cocker to me and reasonably old?

Quote Originally Posted by tempfort View Post
    We spend happy times with Tasha and her buddies...

Nigel

Nigel - She's a real beauty! Tasha and Willow must share some ancestors!

I'm guessing you are a professional photographer? Some of those pics are spectacular, better than the ones on our 2012 Springer calendar!

Thanks for sharing!

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by AIDM View Post
    g story Argon! She looks like she could be a Cocker to me and reasonably old?
    Thanks Rob. She's actually only three-and-a-half. She slept a lot when she first arrived, but is now apparently much recovered and enjoying some mad chasing games around the house and garden.

Argon, good to have a brighter future for her.
    Thanks Rob, not a pro just have the chance to photograph a lovely dog. She has a great relationship with my daughter and has done a great deal to restore her confidence, having been bitten a few years ago. Luckily we will spend a week with her quite soon.
    Nigel

The pics I have were all taken quite a while ago - mostly with an old Olympus Trip. Here's one that I scanned of myself and Max. I think I was about 15 at the time. He was quite big for a Springer - not really in height but far more muscular. Of course, if anything fell on the ground he was on it in a flash and you had to try to wrestle it out of his mouth for the next 5 minutes!

Shane / Bloater - lets see some pics then!

Rob

Master
    Here's my little chap Buster, smashing dog and no doubt...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by teknicolourfox View Post
    Lovely,we need more pics!
    I really like the first image you posted Rob, they are seen at their best in those surroundings.
    We had a visitor today, not a springer but a 7 week old beauty.Here is a short slide show from today.
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...view=slideshow

Nigel
    Last edited by tempfort; 24th July 2012 at 22:33.

Craftsman

my english springer

This my little girl Islay as a pup and nowjust over a year old

Can I sneak in a pic of my Cocker Spaniel:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dejjl View Post
    Only if I can too...

Master
    hmm, not sure whats going with the image upload...

Master
    yet more of the B man...

Master
    yet more................

Master
    and again, got plenty more, probably more than I have of my daughter! Bad dad ;)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tempfort View Post
    Argon, good to have a brighter future for her.
    Thanks Rob, not a pro just have the chance to photograph a lovely dog. She has a great relationship with my daughter and has done a great deal to restore her confidence, having been bitten a few years ago. Luckily we will spend a week with her quite soon.
    Nigel
    Nigel, Could have fooled me - those pics, (and the ones of the JRT? pppy are smashing...

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    The pics I have were all taken quite a while ago - mostly with an old Olympus Trip. Here's one that I scanned of myself and Max. I think I was about 15 at the time. He was quite big for a Springer - not really in height but far more muscular. Of course, if anything fell on the ground he was on it in a flash and you had to try to wrestle it out of his mouth for the next 5 minutes!
    Shane, Aye - that rings a bell! There is an old saying 'A lab is born half trained, a Springer dies half trained'!

Quote Originally Posted by teknicolourfox View Post
    Great looking dog TCF, thanks for the pics!

Quote Originally Posted by dejjl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66 View Post
    Only if I can too...
    Why not, Cockers are superb dogs, I'm thinking about a 'Sprocker' for my next dog. (Slightly less mad than a Springer I'm told and gorgeous!)

Here's a couple more of my loopers:

Diving...

Dressed up for Christmas by the wife - lasted about 30 seconds!

Willow:

Kalli:

Not a shot you get the chance to take everyday!

More pics please!

Rob

Cockers rule, Springers drool!

.......Cockers are superb dogs, I'm thinking about a 'Sprocker' for my next dog. (Slightly less mad than a Springer I'm told and gorgeous!)
    Never heard of "Sprockers" before. I've been thinking for a while about getting another dog, so Sprockers might be worth investigating.
    Someone on this Forum has a Springbatt (Springer x Bassett Hound), it's a fine hound called "Chester".

Banned
    It's not all play you know. A dog has to earn it's keep. Here's Pacha with her Hi-Vis on for a spot of cash in hand labour

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy Devil View Post
    Never heard of "Sprockers" before. I've been thinking for a while about getting another dog, so Sprockers might be worth investigating.
    Someone on this Forum has a Springbatt (Springer x Bassett Hound), it's a fine hound called "Chester".
    That's me! I prefer to call him a "Bassinger" though :)

Hard to believe the fat, lazy, little bugger was only about six months old in those pics, he's a year old now and doesn't seem to have grown/changed a bit in the last six months. He's an absolute little joy to be honest and sooooo well behaved it's untrue! Although, he does have a tendancy to follow his nose and just wander off if you don't keep a close eye on him! We cannot believe how laid back the Basset part of him makes the Springer part of him, he seems utterly un manic and pretty much bomb proof.
    Last edited by Loquacious; 25th July 2012 at 20:38. Reason: addition.

Master
    I don't have a dog but I love seeing the pics you guys sent in and the story of the rescue dog made my wife cry. Great stuff guys.

Some excellent pictures here. Very cool dogs too.
    "A man of little significance"

we have two guss and poppy

Really making me smile, lovely dogs and a great thread.