closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Explorer II question

Rolex Explorer II question

Hi guys!

How much do you think would be a good/fair price for this watch

It is a Y serial (2002/03) being sold by a reputable store, has been serviced by them, and polished according to specs, and has a one year store warranty. Comes with box, but no papers apart from a certificate of authenticity from the store.

Thank you for your help!

Best regards,
    Rui

Re: Rolex Explorer II question

very nice watch, i'm afraid i need one someday...

because it doesn't have the original warranty paper, personally i wouldn't go over 3000 gbp.

Master
    Blog Entries

Some sales BS there - polished according to specs :lol: certificate of authenticity :lol: pinch of salt, depending of course upon the reputation of the seller. 3k would be top price but I suspect if you looked hard you would find one with box and papers for close to that. It's not a rare watch, why compromise?

Hopefully I don't get gunned down by certain people but I would say that is no more than £2500 in a private sale due to age, the spurious polishing description and no paperwork....no doubt the dealer has it around the £3k mark....plenty on sales corner all the time.....3k might even stretch to a later model with the 3186 updated movement if your lucky......good luck anyhow whatever you do....

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti
    Hopefully I don't get gunned down by certain people but I would say that is no more than £2500 in a private sale due to age, the spurious polishing description and no paperwork....no doubt the dealer has it around the £3k mark....plenty on sales corner all the time.....3k might even stretch to a later model with the 3186 updated movement if your lucky......good luck anyhow whatever you do....
    Would a 2003 model even have the blue parachrome spring thing? I thought they first came in the year before the GMT2C was released (2007ish), hence some of the later GMT2s had them.

Craftsman

I think around £2500 max. I tried on a similar condition 2001 explorer II with no paper work from a place in Hatton Garden a few months back. I got them down to £2100 in the end, although I ended up not buying it, but that's a different story!

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by mutanthands
    I think around £2500 max. I tried on a similar condition 2001 explorer II with no paper work from a place in Hatton Garden a few months back. I got them down to £2100 in the end, although I ended up not buying it, but that's a different story!
    That sounds a very good price!

Quote Originally Posted by phil h
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti
    Would a 2003 model even have the blue parachrome spring thing? I thought they first came in the year before the GMT2C was released (2007ish), hence some of the later GMT2s had them.
    No that's why i said a later model and I believe the 3186 movement with blue parachrom hairspring started around the end of 2008...

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by mackay45
    Quote Originally Posted by mutanthands
    That sounds a very good price!
    Yes I thought so too. Would have bought it but I was waiting on a late client payment so played it safe. By the time I went back it had gone. Ah well, they'll be another time I'm sure :)

Thank you for your help!

The asking price was about 2450 gbp, which seemed fair, but the deal didn“t go through :(

Anyway, I think I found a better deal, and would appreciate your input: this time it“s a complete set, watch in very good condition with box and papers, warranty date January 2010, and 6 months warranty from store.

Price for this one is 3300 euros (2675 gbp). What do you think? Also a fair price? Better or worse than the first one?

Thank you again!

Regards,
    Rui

I'd definitely go for the latter option. For the sake of a few hundred euros you get a watch 7 years younger and with B&P. The B&P alone would make it worth the extra cash.

Now, let's see how good your haggling skills are...

Great looking watch - I've had mine a few years now and love it. That one looks like a good price

Master

go for the complete set, good price too

That is one hell of a price for the newer watch....

Newer watch is a good deal at that price,go for it.

Master

I would go for it for the price difference is nominal in all honesty.

Thank you all for your help!