closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Following my recent "holiday watch" thread

Following my recent "holiday watch" thread

I decided to take my Fifty Fathoms on a trip to the US.

I feel it is a great choice as a holiday watch. It's pretty casual, but classy at the same time - so it felt entirely appropriate for nice meals in the pm etc.

I took it on a Hirsch waterproof strap, which performed very well. It dried quickly and suited the FF.

(Phone pics)

Bit cold up in Wyoming-

Much nicer in Vegas-

No problems with water resistance!

Interestingly, I met a fellow WIS whilst on a day trip to the Hoover Dam. We were doing a guided tour when an American chap spotted my FF and we struck up a conversation about watches. He said he noticed the FF as soon as I sat down in the waiting area - I was impressed - true WIS behaviour! He was wearing a Tag chrono and had been looking at a FF for his next watch. We discussed Vegas as a watch-tourism destination, and our wives expressed their dismay at our obsession!

Talking of watches in Vegas, particularly for someone who lives outside London, it has to be one of the best places to view high-end and less common brands. I have never handled a Lange before and they had them in Wynn Jewellers, as well as a nice selection of Pateks and VC's. The Lange's in particular were very impressive, the movements were beautifully finished and the designs very understated. Similarly, Bellusso had F P Journe - which I've never seen before, as well as many of the new IWC's, and good selections of GO, Blancpain and Breguet. Horologio had UN, GP and Muller. Tourneau (below) is apparently the biggest watch shop in the world - 3 floors, and all the (major) brands covered.

I would also say that the AD's in Vegas are pretty friendly and accomodating. The shops may be expensively fitted, but the staff seem to realise that anyone is a potential sale, so seem non-judgemental. (They all immediately clocked my FF, which probably helped!)

Re: Following my recent "holiday watch" thread

Craftsman

fantastic watch, however I'm a bit puzzled, which arm do you wear it on? :?

Quote Originally Posted by cad monkey
    fantastic watch, however I'm a bit puzzled, which arm do you wear it on? :?

Well spotted! I normally wear my watch on my right wrist, but since I'm right-handed, if I'm holding my phone/camera over water or a balcony it's safer to swap wrists!

Craftsman

Such a great looking watch. Wish I could have completed the deal I had lined up this week to get one. Maybe one day...

Craftsman

My favourite watch and the main reason I need the winning lottery numbers!