closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

View Poll Results: Best all rounder out of these...

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Longines Legend Diver

22 40.00%
  • Sinn U1

5 9.09%
  • Breitling Aerospace

10 18.18%
  • Seiko MM300

18 32.73%

Thread: Opinions please?

Opinions please?

I am a bit of an old woman when it comes to making decisions, I tend to miss out on watches for sale because I think too much about them and someone else nips in and snaps them up. I have been looking for an all rounder, budget is 1.5k and it needs to do everything, work, rest and play. The watches that I have selected are all different but all within budget and I have looked long and hard at them all but never owned any of them, so my poll is for the opinion of the masses to help me decide...please

Craftsman

Re: Opinions please?

I voted for the Longines Legend Diver because it is, in my opinion, the best all rounder, it can be worn every day on every occasion and should fit your expectations

My favourite of all those is the Sinn U1, but I wouldn't class it as an all-rounder, so it may not be what you are really looking for.

regards,
    Nick

I went for the Aerospace. I cannot imagine anyone being disappointed with it.

Also - I might be listing one on SC within your budget soon.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Master

the seiko for me. just love that case

The Aerospace is out for me as i don't like analogue/quartz hybrids. The Sinn is a great itch to scratch but i don't think the attraction would last long plus its a little larger than i like to wear now & is more in the tool watch category for me &you would struggle to pull it off with a suit IMHO. The Longines is lovely & i'm sure would suit purpose well & is probably the best "all rounder" here but, i personally would rather have one that shines bright in one area & handles itself well in the others than a watch which is good for everything & for me this has to be the Seiko. A little awkward perhaps in a truly formal situation but so strong everywhere else it can be forgiven, although budget permitting a Spring drive would be the perfect solution.

Thanks everyone, it's neck and neck between the Longines and the MM300, both crackers but the availability of the MM300 could push me towards the Longines...but what about reliability, is it a long term solution?

Thanks again, keep the opinions coming please :D

Went for the Longines Legend Diver as if you want it to dress both up and down I think this gives you the most flexability but it was only this that pipped the MM300.

What a nice decision to have to make, good luck with it and looking forward to pics :D

Have you handled a Longines Legend? Tried one on recently with the intention of buying but was put off by the hour hand. Visibility is terrible as it is flat polished metal against a black dial. It keeps disappearing as the watch moves and would drive me nuts. It also looks very cheap (the hour hand that is), in contrast with the rest of the watch which does not.

IMHO you have dismissed the best allrounder, the Aerospace. Lightweight, slim and very classy with all the functions you could wish for (chrono, dual time zone etc). As your other three are divers though, it does seem out of place in the selection and unlikely to succeed.

Owned the U1, tried on the LLD, bought and kept the MM300. I bought the seiko on a whim to see what all the fuss was about and it didn't dissapoint.

Journeyman

Loves the Sinn and the MM300 but gave my vote to the Longines. No date version if you'd ask me.

Blog Entries

All have their merits but (as posted in other threads) I reckon the Longines is the best all rounder.
    Dresses up well & dresses down well too. Which IMHO is the definition of an all rounder.

z

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock
    Have you handled a Longines Legend? Tried one on recently with the intention of buying but was put off by the hour hand. Visibility is terrible as it is flat polished metal against a black dial. It keeps disappearing as the watch moves and would drive me nuts. It also looks very cheap (the hour hand that is), in contrast with the rest of the watch which does not.

IMHO you have dismissed the best allrounder, the Aerospace. Lightweight, slim and very classy with all the functions you could wish for (chrono, dual time zone etc). As your other three are divers though, it does seem out of place in the selection and unlikely to succeed.
    Good point about the Longines hour hand, I have concerns about it too. As for your Divers comment, I don't dive so I don't really see any of them as Divers watches. For me, the Brietling has as much chance as the others if people vote for it :D

The MM300 because I much prefer it to the others - and to hell with versatility...

In that company the newer 42mm Aerospace would be my choice although I would also look at Omega's too by the way.

Grand Master

of those, longines legend closely followed by the seiko.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Quote Originally Posted by shalako
    In that company the newer 42mm Aerospace would be my choice although I would also look at Omega's too by the way.
    Sorry, should have mentioned that I own a few of the big names already, Rolex, Breitling, Omega etc. this poll is purely for those listed.

Craftsman

The Aerospace for me... with an SKX009 on the side!

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Tenko
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock

Good point about the Longines hour hand, I have concerns about it too. As for your Divers comment, I don't dive so I don't really see any of them as Divers watches. For me, the Brietling has as much chance as the others if people vote for it :D
    I was going to say Longines, as I absolutely love mine, but having read your post I really think you shouldn't give a monkeys what people vote for, it's what you think that counts .