closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex news

Craftsman

Rolex news

I was in my local Rolex AD yesterday and I was told firstly the Signet Group were losing their Rolex franchises and secondly there was a price increase next month of between 5 and 10%. Not sure if true but thought I would share.

Journeyman

Re: Rolex news

I too heard about a price rise next month. :o

Master

Interesting. Wouldn't be surprised if they did lose the franchise, the group is of perhaps lower reputation and image than Rolex would wish.

I also was told about the Signet group losing the franchise.

Maybe its a good time to take advantage of that 10% off for share holders and buy a stack of gift cards from the bay!! :D

I would be surprised by this given the fact that they not so long ago cut dealer margins.

There are always rumours - my AD usually gets heads up but is always told nothing will be confirmed until up to a max of a week before. Usually they only get the new RRP lists through on the day of, or the day before the price rise!
    It's just a matter of time...

I was told by an Banks Lyon yesterday that they only receive notice of Rolex price increases 48 bhours before

Well, as I have all the newer Rolex watches I want, any price rise is good for me :) - but maybe bad for an increase in insurance premiums :(

That's quite a rumour if the entire Signet Group is to lose the Rolex line. Signet Group shops must account for a significant % of ADs in the country. Quite a radical change, especially if they don't plan on replacing any of those AD allocations.

The premier department of signet are a bit snooty. They almost intetview you first to see if you are eligible to own a Rolex. I had previously bought two Rolex from Ernest jones and they thought I was a dealer and were not keen on letting me have another!

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1
    I too heard about a price rise next month. :o
    we hear about it every month with the strength of the pound the way it is i cant see it happening but only rolex knows

Grand Master

Im sure Rolex is keen to reduce its Logistic distribution footprint, it will still sell as many watches without flooding UK, if you want one you will get one, simple
    RIAC

Rolex news

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey
    Im sure Rolex is keen to reduce its Logistic distribution footprint, it will still sell as many watches without flooding UK, if you want one you will get one, simple
    I might misunderstand this, but I imagine it's distribution footprint is one import center and a courier or mail firm. They are not morissons.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Surely the price rise isa myth to get you to buy now.Its called sales man tactics and we end up witha thread every time someone gets fed this lol.

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by stooo
    I might misunderstand this, but I imagine it's distribution footprint is one import center and a courier or mail firm. They are not morissons.
    No but its the service support, the marketing merchandise and control of stock, always easier to have 20 or so exclusive outlets in UK controlled by Rolex who will see stock levels and be able to provision better.
    RIAC

I am sure it is now policy that the UK will have to follow other countries with Rolex in that they will have to have a specific area to display and show Rolex watches to potential customers. A lot of E&J stores that stock Rolex do not have this ability - not without a lot of cost, so maybe they said no thanks and decided to sell more Richemont ?? Good luck to them - we will find out soon enough.

I was speaking to a dealer in Oz and he said one of the main Rolex guys from their was moving to the UK - I believe that once he arrived the service pricing went up, a lot, and that there were a number of other major changes being made to the UK operation!

Rolex news

Quote Originally Posted by stooo
    No but its the service support, the marketing merchandise and control of stock, always easier to have 20 or so exclusive outlets in UK controlled by Rolex who will see stock levels and be able to provision better.
    hmmm, yes, I had not considered all the marketing merchandise.

But if they can sell out of 20 stores I doubt they need marketing either. I suspect is more about getting out of mixed market chains like Goldsmiths where some are distinctly up market and other very mid market.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic
    I was speaking to a dealer in Oz and he said one of the main Rolex guys from their was moving to the UK - I believe that once he arrived the service pricing went up, a lot, and that there were a number of other major changes being made to the UK operation!
    Thats Right Roger stepped down and the Australian fella moved in, whilst he takes the blame / credit for Rolex's recent decisions they will have all been before a board to decide if they are practical, no one man runs the show
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic
    Thats Right Roger stepped down and the Australian fella moved in, whilst he takes the blame / credit for Rolex's recent decisions they will have all been before a board to decide if they are practical, no one man runs the show
    Absolutely, I doubt he would have been allowed to go all gung ho - but apparently he had done a v similar thing throughout Oz. The main AD I was speaking to was in Perth and they had a few stores - the Manager's dad set up the jewellers many years previous and was the first Rolex dealer in the area. They had to have all their stores updated - even Rolex wall paper etc :lol: for their specific areas - the areas did look nice though I must admit. it was a similar thing in Singapore and all the Rolex areas had a nice similar feel, which I guess is the whole point.

Grand Master

Im also reliably informed that they wont do dial or bezel changes anymore and anyone wanting to stock Rolex has to commit to 100 + pieces, couple this with the reduction in dealer profits and its easy to see why alot of outlets will disappear, but no big deal they will always do well and other luxury brands will get more equal limelight
    RIAC