closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PRS-18 Q vs 007 Pics ? ( More Pics )

PRS-18 Q vs 007 Pics ? ( More Pics )

Hi All,
    I'm seriously considering purchasing one of the Precista 93 300 metre diver's watches ( PRS-18 Q ) and was wondering if anyone who had already taken the plunge had taken any pics of it with the Seiko 007/009 ?
    Having pretty much constantly worn an 007 for about 12 months now I'd like to see how it compares size wise and also how it sits up on the wrist in comparison to the Seiko,
    Cheers :wink: ,
    richie

Well;
    as the saying goes, if a job needs doing well do it yourself, and as I now have both the timepeices :wink:

I must say, the PRS-18Q is a superb watch, I'm sure many of you "Autophiles" out there may not agree, but it is :wink: :) [ both the above watches photo'd straight off the wrist, no cleaning, polishing etc. 007 on S/V Z22, PRS-18 on 20mm NATO ]
    Cheers all,
    richie

Grand Master
    Hmmmm.......interesting.
    The 007 case is impressive and the 7S26 is a workhorse.
    Of the 2 I'd always go for the Precista.
    In terms of the case and movement of the 007, I tend to think of furcoat with cheap cotton knickers :shock: :D
    I wont be filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, I am not a number, I am a free man, my life is my own!!!
    Be seeing you
    Toodle pip
    Griff.

But hey
    When it's 1230 and you've been on an all dayer and your just leaving the boozer there's nothing wrong at all with a furcoat with cheap cotton knickers
    :wink:
    But I go for the Precista too ! probably the best value toolwatch going :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff
    Hmmmm.......interesting.
    The 007 case is impressive and the 7S26 is a workhorse.
    Of the 2 I'd always go for the Precista.
    In terms of the case and movement of the 007, I tend to think of furcoat with cheap cotton knickers :shock: :D
    Very difficult to say which is better as I've tested the 007J and the SAR in the field for > 5 years whereas I don't own an 18A (so I don't know how it'll perform). Both my 007J and SAR have gone through mud, silt, seawater and freshwater and whatever I could throw at them (except the kitchen sink) when I go on field trips. BTW, I'm a biologist and I do sample collections under various conditions. In terms of looks, perhaps the 18A comes out tops, but (as I've said earlier) I still don't have an opportunity to test it.

Master
    One weakness of the 18A, at least to those who use the feature, is the lack of a date function. A biologist, that's me, doesn't carry a calendar to the field and hence needs a watch with date function so dates of sample collection can be recorded.

More Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Griff
    Hmmmm.......interesting. ...
    Interesting comment, but one that can be applied to many a mid-range Swiss watch. We are talking wrist jewellry after all. At least the Seiko sells for an honest price compared to Swiss stuff.

Richie

nice pics, glad the strap was ok :D