closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: girard perregaux repair

girard perregaux repair

I have a girard perregaux evo moonphase (that I bought through this forum). It has had a long standing issue where the date tick over doesn't happen properly at midnight (you can adjust the date manually though)

I thought I would send it in for repair so took it to Mappin & Webb who have told me that the UK repair centre is now shut and that they can sent it to swisstec, a third party repairer - or I could take it to Watches of Switzerland in Bond Street who would send it back to Italy (? I thought they were swiss?) for me

Any ideas what I should do guys?

Journeyman

Re: girard perregaux repair

If the date does flick over, although at the wrong time then it could just be a case of removing / replacing the hands to the 12 oclock position to correspond to the date change.

girard perregaux repair

It doesn't flick at all (most dates). It used to flick over occasionally

Anyone know if I'm being given accurate information about uk repair centre and if swisstec are "safe" ?

Master

Mappin & Webb is obviously not what it used to be.

If the watch's other functions are working, this should not be a difficult repair. Indeed, depending on the age of the watch, it could be just an ETA part(s) swap. So, take it to your local Watches of Switzerland, if you want, or send it to a good watch repairer like Brendan Hoey http://www.webwatchmaker.com/

girard perregaux repair

I believe it is an in house movement. It is one of these

http://www.ablogtoread.com/girard-perre ... ames-list/

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by Jabes
    It doesn't flick at all (most dates). It used to flick over occasionally

Anyone know if I'm being given accurate information about uk repair centre and if swisstec are "safe" ?

Swisstec are the 'other brand' business of the famous Swiss Time Services ( solely Omega ). I only learnt this yesterday when I originally posted on your thread.

I have not had any personal experience with Swisstec but you wont find many companies held in higher regard that STS

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker
    Mappin & Webb is obviously not what it used to be.

If the watch's other functions are working, this should not be a difficult repair. Indeed, depending on the age of the watch, it could be just an ETA part(s) swap. So, take it to your local Watches of Switzerland, if you want, or send it to a good watch repairer like Brendan Hoey http://www.webwatchmaker.com/
    His website says that he's not taking any orders at present.

Sowind UK is closed indeed. GP's only Service Centre is located in Milano. No experience with them yet, my GP is there right now so hopefully I can tell you more very soon! :)

girard perregaux repair

How did you get the watch to Milano? What did it cost?

Craftsman

Was surprised to see that according to the respective websites GP service costs for time only watches are nearly the same as Patek Philippe's.

As far as I know some of GP's older calibres are ETA based does that not make them quite an expensive proposition.

I sent it through an AD! No idea about the costs, it's still there at the moment...

girard perregaux repair

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy C.
    I sent it through an AD! No idea about the costs, it's still there at the moment...
    Has this come back yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy C.
    Has this come back yet?
    Unfortunately not... :( One of the parts is in backorder. The good news is that they aren't charging me anything due to warranty on a previous repair (performed by Sowind UK a while ago). Super service from the people of Sowind Italia imo, the warranty period had already expired. :thumbright:

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.

Note to Jabes

I am working again now.
    If you care to send your GP, I will gladly service it.
    Brendan,
    webwatchmaker.com

Just to let you know Sowind UK has shut and there is a new company representing Girard Perregaux called Perrelux. I dont know if they have a service department as yet but I thought from chatting to the Gent Giles Rees heading up the company that they would. Perrelux is based in Meadway House, Meadway, Haslemere, Surrey. GU27 1NN. Sorry I do not have the telephone number. Hope that helps.

apologies for dragging up an old thread.....

Has anyone had their GP watch serviced by Perrelux or Swisstec?

any comments about the experience?