closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Good result?

Good result?

I bought a "retro ploprof" style mesh bracelet from a chap called dieselverde on ebay. Thought it was a good opportunity to post some pictures of my still fairly new-ish watch on it's brand new strap.

What do you reckon? I think it makes the watch look a bit more blingy than the rubber without being at all dressy or feminine. I like it a lot. It's already about ten times more comfortable than the not very nice rubber thingy the watch came on.

The bracelet seems to be pretty well made. I was hoping the clasp mechanism would be a bit more sturdy or solid feeling, but I have nothing to compare it to, having no experience with mesh bracelets. Certainly dieselverde was a thoroughly nice bloke, and I'd buy from him with confidence again.

Two things to note: the mesh will not accommodate the seiko fat spring bars, and with a 7.25" ish wrist, I needed to adjust the bracelet as small as it would go.

Feel free to comment on my crappy photographs.

Craftsman

Re: Good result?

It looks great and well fits the watch. I am thinking of getting one myself for my PRS14.
    A pity it doesn't fit fat springbars. I use Seikos fat springbars on all my watches...except with steel bracelet which doesn't fit either.

Great result, an SKX007 on mesh works just fine in my opinion.

One caution - if you've swapped out Seiko's springbars for ones that fit the mesh just make sure that with the new bars the ends/tips are a snug fit to the lug holes.

Seiko's fat bars - the 2.5mm type as in your SKX - have a 1.1mm tip. If you use thinner bars you might find that the tips rattle around in the lug holes, and I have read - though no personal experience - that this can cause some excess wear to the lug hole to some degree. Must take a while to happen, but there you go. I'd be just a little cautious though. You ought to be able to find 1.78mm bars with a 1.1mm tip if you haven't already done so.

Quote Originally Posted by howie77
    Great result, an SKX007 on mesh works just fine in my opinion.

One caution - if you've swapped out Seiko's springbars for ones that fit the mesh just make sure that with the new bars the ends/tips are a snug fit to the lug holes.

Seiko's fat bars - the 2.5mm type as in your SKX - have a 1.1mm tip. If you use thinner bars you might find that the tips rattle around in the lug holes, and I have read - though no personal experience - that this can cause some excess wear to the lug hole to some degree. Must take a while to happen, but there you go. I'd be just a little cautious though. You ought to be able to find 1.78mm bars with a 1.1mm tip if you haven't already done so.
    Thanks for the tip. I checked and the spring bars do indeed move around a little in the lug holes.

I'll see if I can find some 1.1mm ones.

I take it 1.78mm is the size of a standard spring bar?

I've posted in the WTB forum, but I'll mention it here too. If anybody has any of those 1.1mm ended spring bars, or knows where to get them in the uk, I am after a set.

:lol: