closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bad idea?

Journeyman

Bad idea?

I've got a huge itch for a SD, would swapping a 16610LV for one be a bad idea?

I got my LV new 2 years ago, i'd be swapping a 'new' watch for a much older one.

Re: Bad idea?

Not a bad idea at all if the SD is the watch you want. You should be able to sell the SD on if you don't get on with it, or trade it back for another LV, relatively easily.

No - sensible swap if it's what you want.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiki

I got my LV new 2 years ago, i'd be swapping a 'new' watch for a much older one.
    were do you get the much older bit from, i would say the values are the same, and the LV is a much rarer watch

You can't go wrong with either of them. I think the SD is easier to live with, but then again the green makes for a different look. Of no help, I'm afraid...

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by redmond

were do you get the much older bit from, i would say the values are the same, and the LV is a much rarer watch

I've not seen a newish SD for the same sort of price as the LV's?

Only you will know. More than likely you have been looking at pix of them online and have thought you want a SD. You will probably do a deal and get one and then after you have had it a few months think you really want an LV again, the process will start again around we go. They are both stunning watches and sadly you'll probably have the grass is always greener syndrome, unless that is if you buy an LV and a SD. Then of course you be wanting a Daytona or something! :shock:

Well, as said, you should be able to reverse the entire transaction if you choose so, and if you fancy it, you should go for it... :)

I would do the change.....in my case I got fed up with my LV after 3-4 monthes.....

Master

Very much so, yes :)

Journeyman

I'm quite surprised that people ate saying the LV is rarer than the SD, the S/H prices on Chrono/ dealer websites suggest the SD is worth more.

Master

I'm quite surprised that people ate saying the LV is rarer than the SD, the S/H prices on Chrono/ dealer websites suggest the SD is worth more.
    theres thousands of SD,S around there common as muck :D dont belive the hype
    if it were me i would replace the insert with a black one and remove the cyclops 8)

Banned
    Blog Entries

If I had an LV right now, it would be the last watch I would part with.
    I haven't cos like an idiot I sold mine to my Nephew just over a year ago, much too cheap, cos he really wanted it. :x

I would think about as someone mentioned, changing the bezel insert and losing the cyclops on your LV. Its totally reversible and you get to keep the maxi dial which in my opinion is a big plus over the SD.
    The SD is a nice watch but its slightly smaller, a little taller and noticeably heavier than your LV and its all for the increased water resistance that you will never use.

Real world suggests different :wink:
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Journeyman

OK!

You've talked me out of it , for now :lol:

OK!

You've talked me out of it , for now :lol:
    Wiki, the looks is not the only, or should I see not the main difference between both watches. Have you tried an SD? Do it before you consider swapping. I have had both SD and LV.
    IMHO, I would chose the SD everytime!

Journeyman

I have tried on a ExII 42mm and a SDDS, both of which I loved because I always think that the Sub is a bit small for my wrist. However I do love the fact it fits so snug under my cuff.

The long term game plan was to also pick up a EXII 42mm but having spent much time looking I have also fallen for the SD.