closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 45mm PO - too large?

Master

Re: 45mm PO - too large?

F***ing ridiculous, is he old enough to tell the time?

Master

I have an Omega PO in a 45mm and have a small wrist, but it looks fine. Particularly on the rubber strap.

I feel the 42mm looks and wears, much smaller than that actual size when you see it in the flesh.

I know I've posted this before, but it reminds me of this!

Quote Originally Posted by robcat
    I know I've posted this before, but it reminds me of this!

Haha... Is real.....big

Yep, definitely.

Although yes, it's his money..as long as it makes him happy etc. you do wonder why people don't see this themselves. People should ideally dress to what suits them. You wouldn't buy a jacket in XXL if you were Medium so why do it with a watch?

I tried a 45mm PO before buying my 42mm.......wifey said the 45 looked silly......so i bought the 42mm :bounce:

I always regret not getting the 45mm

Moral of this story...............Never take the wife with you when buying a watch

Quote Originally Posted by gmt 16750
    Too large for sure. In fact it looks slightly ridiculous IMHO.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw
    There's a fun thread developing over on the Omega section of another forum, where some chap posted pictures of his new 45mm PO 8500 including the wrist shots below. Simple question, is it too big for him in your view?

In this case I would say yes, too big. I've tried one on myself and am still unsure whether it's a little too big for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 86latour
    I have small wrists and my watches vary in size dramatically - I have a 34mm Omega dress watch right through to a 44m Glycine and Calibre S Carrera. I wear the watches I like and if someone thinks that my watches are too large or too small I personally couldn't give a shiny shite.

With reference to not only this thread there seems to be a growing number of threads and questions (on this forum and others) where people ask fairly redundant questions that ultimately only they can answer and more importantly have probably already made there mind up on the subject - they may just need there hand holding for a little while.

Is it just me who is getting increasingly bored of this?

Of course the forum is a fountain of knowledge but some decisions must be taken by the owner and the owner only without asking the irrelevant opinion of the masses.

Sometimes people need to open up a can of MTFU.

RANT OVER.
    Couldn't agree more.

Coddling the special flowers who are seeking adulation for the act of walking into a store and buying something, whether it fits or doesn't, is the bane of watch forums. I'd say that a solid 75% of threads on "the other forum" are content-free fluff, and I've stopped visiting due to the nannying tone and inability of people to deal with constructive criticism or anything resembling debate.

Quote Originally Posted by scarto
    You wouldn't buy a jacket in XXL if you were Medium so why do it with a watch?
    Those hip-hop gangstas do just so they can hide all their pistols from the po-po, yo! :lol:

He's the one talking about Asia and intimidating other people, so maybe he's this guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsilp2B0tpE

:shock:

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dougair
    Sorry but, again, lol.

Speaking of down in Asia (although I wouldn't want to be intimidated by someone with a big man's Omega :roll:):

...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

That does look too big on that guy's wrists, although the camera does add 10 pounds! :bounce:

Master

Does look rather silly I am afraid, much too big. I always think that if the lugs extend beyond the wrist then it is too big for said wrist.

My wrist is probably the same size as the OP's picture (however I do have some good quality man hair attached :lol: ) and when I tried on the PO 45mm a few years ago, I thought it was too big. I tried the 42mm and that was much better. The lady assisting me at the AD also said the 42mm was much more suited.

I did not buy it however as I still felt it was too big to be an everyday wearer and looked a bit silly. I personally regard 40mm to be my max size.

My everyday wearer is an Explorer 36mm (which on my wrist could be mistaken for a 39mm!).

Master

There's a fun thread developing over on the Omega section of another forum, where some chap posted pictures of his new 45mm PO 8500 including the wrist shots below. Simple question, is it too big for him in your view?

it might fit him when his balls drop :lol:

Like wise....for me 45mm is not big and is a nice fit but on this guy...

Way too big, its gotta be a kids arm....

Blog Entries

Way too big on those girly wrists, 42 would have been infinitely better. Love the watch though.

Yes! For my taste, even in my almost 21cm wrist anything bigger than 42mm is way too big

Craftsman

I like the watch but on this chap it looks ridiculous, far to big for him.

yes but if he put it on rubber might look smaller and better

Master

Quote Originally Posted by dougair

In this case I would say yes, too big. I've tried one on myself and am still unsure whether it's a little too big for me.
    I would say wrist shots can be deceptive. I have one 45mm watch I'm comfortable with wearing, and I think looks fine on my very small wrist. However, I took a camera phone picture and it appeared to look huge.

So, I think on occasion the camera can lie.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by scarto
    Yep, definitely.

Although yes, it's his money..as long as it makes him happy etc. you do wonder why people don't see this themselves. People should ideally dress to what suits them. You wouldn't buy a jacket in XXL if you were Medium so why do it with a watch?
    Not a very good analogy.

Your comparing it with something that is in no way comparable.

big is in the eye of the beholder..ala he likes it

Quote Originally Posted by seikomatic
    big is in the eye of the beholder..ala he likes it
    Although I think the onslaught of grief he received on the other forum might have instilled a bit of buyer's remorse by now. Hopefully he's pretty thick-skinned though. (He probably gets quite a bit of stick at school, so he'll be used to it :) )

Master
    Blog Entries

Yes :blackeye:

This thread reminds me of the picture I took of our Daughter wearing one of my G-Shock's. She was six at the time. :D

For comparison, here is my 45.5mm PO on my wrist. I like it, and for me its quite comfortable as well.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Retep
    For comparison, here is my 45.5mm PO on my wrist. I like it, and for me its quite comfortable as well.
    The OEM rubber is a great strap and does help make the big PO wear a little smaller IMHO. Here's mine on my un-impressingly average 7.5" wrist:

It's not good to see a 45.5mm PO on too small a wrist. I considered the 42mm myself but I preferred the 45.5 and how it fits me as quite a tall person (it's not just about the wrist, as the actress said to the bishop). Everyone has a different opinion on where you draw the line, but I would be more than happy to wear a 42mm if I thought it looked better. The "bigger is always better" brigade are a nonsense.