closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!

Good hypothesis about Michonne, a trial and an attack. I've not read the comics so no idea about the W! It's frustrating that this seems such a short burst and then there's a long wait again for the next season.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by slowprop View Post
    I reckon this is about right. It's an extended finale next week. Should be very interesting. I really hope the Vicar gets eaten !
    Father Gabriel is a real cowardly little sneak. First he barricades himself safely in his church and let's his parishioners and wife get eaten and then he says Rick and co are dangerous and shouldnt be trusted! So much for saving him. I hope he meets a nasty end too!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    I still can't weigh up this 'W' malarky, although vaguely following the comics I reckon the ones with W in their heads are the Whisperers and Carls new pal is the leaders daughter.
    The other group that will feature next week are "The Wolves". Why they have marked to walkers this way is anyone's guess.

Banned
    Grabbed the final episode this morning, I've watched a bit of it but saving the rest for tonight, all I can say is that a familiar face returns and the W is quickly explained.

Caught up with latest series on Sat, watched latest 5 back to back.
    My thoughts on the letter 'W' are
    When we first see the 'W' on the walker they kill, as they walk away, camera zooms in on it upside down so it looks like an 'M', Morgan?
    Later at the party, Rick gets an 'A' stamped on his hand, he looks at it upside down and twigs that the 'W's are 'M's and that Morgan is on the way, as he already knows he's close from the markings in the previous series.
    Guess we'll find out tonight

Brighty

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Caught up with latest series on Sat, watched latest 5 back to back.
    My thoughts on the letter 'W' are
    When we first see the 'W' on the walker they kill, as they walk away, camera zooms in on it upside down so it looks like an 'M', Morgan?
    Later at the party, Rick gets an 'A' stamped on his hand, he looks at it upside down and twigs that the 'W's are 'M's and that Morgan is on the way, as he already knows he's close from the markings in the previous series.
    Guess we'll find out tonight

Brighty
    The W are the wolves the new gang in town.........

Cheers

Wayne

interesting kettle terence

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurDALEY View Post
    The W are the wolves the new gang in town.........

Cheers

Wayne

Yes, but have you seen the Jedi knight?

Well, that was a bag of bollocks!

Banned
    Let's hope S6 improves on this lame ending.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Well, that was a bag of bollocks!
    Indeed it was.

Master
    I really enjoyed that, an actual hour of Walking Dead instead of 30-odd minutes plus adverts!

Journeyman
    The season finale was fantastic. Can't wait until Season 6!!!

Journeyman
    Thought it was a good episode but someone told me it was the last ever, and I kept thinking as it got closer to ending - "They're going to struggle to tie everything up in the next 5 mins." So spoilt a little bit for me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny8977 View Post
    Thought it was a good episode but someone told me it was the last ever, and I kept thinking as it got closer to ending - "They're going to struggle to tie everything up in the next 5 mins." So spoilt a little bit for me.
    It's an absolute cash cow for AMC so they are not going to end it any time soon. It's also not the kind of format that feels it will struggle once a certain story is told, so I'm sure there are another 5 seasons to come.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KurtKlaus View Post
    It's an absolute cash cow for AMC so they are not going to end it any time soon. It's also not the kind of format that feels it will struggle once a certain story is told, so I'm sure there are another 5 seasons to come.
    On the Talking Dead after show the writer mentioned that they try to change things every 8 episodes, so I expect a new twist at the start of S6

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post
    On the Talking Dead after show the writer mentioned that they try to change things every 8 episodes, so I expect a new twist at the start of S6
    Yes. But they also said a major character would die in the finale. Will be interesting to see how long they stick around Alexandria. Can't say any of the Wolves stuff has caught my attention so far (but I haven't read the comics).

It would be great to see more of Morgan (thought the opening scene with him was one of the stronger bits of the finale) but it's looking unlikely.

Very disappointed with the 'Father, will you close the gate for me please?' bit. I mean, he is obviously unhinged and, if the security of the compound is your job and if you do not do it properly everyone will die, you make sure the gate is closed! Basics man, basics!

I have quite enjoyed this series but I don't think it lived up to some of the previous series. Hoping for better things next year. I am also looking forward to the spin off series.

I was a bit disappointed with this series as a whole. The second half felt like it was building up to something, then it just kind of ended. I realise they are dealing with the way the group are losing their humanity etc, but I think they were too self-indulgent.

Some of the story line was weak as already mentioned the closing of the gate and Maggie doing a circle of God when Ricks future hangs in the balance. For me the best bit was Abrahams speech when defending Rick.

Just watched and thought it was good- but the story is a tad slow! I really don't like the season cut in half and now having to wait so long until the next one. It feels that things are starting to accelerate... And then stop again.

B*llocks ending. AMC will keep this,going forever, especially now there is a spin off series starting

Journeyman
    Overall i found this season pretty boring most of the time. And the "finale" disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbsy View Post
    Overall i found this season pretty boring most of the time. And the "finale" disappointing.
    Yeah after all the hype before it started I must say I was a tad disappointed.

Wasn't a classic series or finale. I miss some of the old stuff - I bet if you watched season 1 now it would seem so fresh and fast-paced.

Im looking forward to the spinoff quite a lot.

Slow slow and slow. Still watching the next season thou

Quote Originally Posted by kungfugerbil View Post
    Wasn't a classic series or finale. I miss some of the old stuff - I bet if you watched season 1 now it would seem so fresh and fast-paced.

Im looking forward to the spinoff quite a lot.
    Yes I wonder how long we will have to wait for that.

Quote Originally Posted by slowprop View Post
    Yes I wonder how long we will have to wait for that.
    not heard anything about a release date

Quote Originally Posted by miguelh34 View Post
    not heard anything about a release date
    Season 1 scheduled for late summer with Cliff Curtis as the lead, should be good

Was the finale the one where Rick shot the guy at the end after he killed the leaders husband !!! That was the worst ending of a season ever or have I missed the last one?

Master
    Gentlemen, don't forget to set the SKY+ for 9pm tonight, series 6 premier on FoX.

Banned
    Already watched it, pretty good first episode.

Blog Entries
    well i think the walking dead has run its time, very bored with it now, no original ideas anymore.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    well i think the walking dead has run its time, very bored with it now, no original ideas anymore.

Good job a few tens of million other people don't feel the same. Or maybe they will cancel it now you're bored with it...

I thought it was a cracking episode - feature length as well, I'd forgotten about that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Good job a few tens of million other people don't feel the same. Or maybe they will cancel it now you're bored with it...

I thought it was a cracking episode - feature length as well, I'd forgotten about that.
    my opinion, how many times do we have to see a zombie shot or stabbed in the head? bloody boring!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    my opinion, how many times do we have to see a zombie shot or stabbed in the head? bloody boring!
    You should be hoping that it comes true, just imagine how much tactical gear you would be able to shift.

Master
    What the hell was that noise at the end?

Bet it's something to do with that stupid bloody Priest.

It''s not clear why they are moving all the walkers out of the quarry. Why not just build a wall at the top to keep them in where the quarry walls are not steep enough?
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    It''s not clear why they are moving all the walkers out of the quarry. Why not just build a wall at the top to keep them in where the quarry walls are not steep enough?
    Because the lorrys that are holding them in will most likely fall off the rickedy path "in the next heavy rain" said Rick.

More walkers fall in to the quarry every day, attracted by the noise, they in turn make more noise and attract even more. Eventually the quarry would fill and they'd stroll on to Alexandria.

Quote Originally Posted by EchoSevenNine View Post
    Because the lorrys that are holding them in will most likely fall off the rickedy path "in the next heavy rain" said Rick.

More walkers fall in to the quarry every day, attracted by the noise, they in turn make more noise and attract even more. Eventually the quarry would fill and they'd stroll on to Alexandria.
    Why not then just fill the quarry with fuel and burn the lot of them in one area? Or grenade the lot of em? Or spend a few days shooting at them?

A good start to season 6, we did wonder who had sounded the horn, maybe the unhappy son perhaps?

Has anyone been watching Fear the Walking Dead?

Grateful dead.....

Yes good start in my opinion, with some much needed new characters hopefully there will be a few more twists this season, i saw quick advert for a new series from the makers of TWD called Outcast!, looked quite dark/creepy on the clip
    One more thing is it just me, my tv or my hearing, the voices always seem muffled to me especially the speech the music is fine but struggle to hear them speak a lot of the time ?

Cheers

Wayne

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Anygreg View Post
    Why not then just fill the quarry with fuel and burn the lot of them in one area? Or grenade the lot of em? Or spend a few days shooting at them?
    There seems to be a few thousand of them in there, you'd need a serious amount of fuel/ammo and i dont im imagine either are in ready supply.

Loved the first episode who's set off the horn then? The Wolves or Father Gabrial??

Banned
    There seems to be a few thousand of them in there, you'd need a serious amount of fuel/ammo and i dont im imagine either are in ready supply.
    It's a quarry, why not just work in shifts throwing rocks at them until they are all dead?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post
    It's a quarry, why not just work in shifts throwing rocks at them until they are all dead?
    It would take forever, they don't have the luxury of time.

Plus you'd need to be superman to be able to lob a rock heavy enough, far enough, accurately enough to kill just one.

It would take forever, they don't have the luxury of time.

Plus you'd need to be superman to be able to lob a rock heavy enough, far enough, accurately enough to kill just one.
    Nothing a few hand grenades wouldn't thin out, or nuke it from orbit, only way to be safe... :)

Dead or Alive....

And there was me thinking it was just a programme....

My favourite series, glad it's back.....
    I tried watching the recent 'Fear the Walking Dead' which was quite dire in comparison.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shalako View Post
    My favourite series, glad it's back.....
    I tried watching the recent 'Fear the Walking Dead' which was quite dire in comparison.
    I quite enjoyed it.

It seems a bit closer to real life and a bit more believable. Less action though.