closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    Well we didn't even see Negan last night thank god, he's got irritating now.
    I reckon that the reverend works for Negan.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    I reckon that the reverend works for Negan.
    And another week with no Negan. I think you might be right. From the preview clip at the end, looks like we'll find out next week.

I've stuck with it till now, disagreeing with alot of the negative comments, but last nights was the end for me, it's got ridiculous. How has anyone ever been killed by a walker when all you have to do to get away from them is limp slowly away from them, stopping to chat for a bit every now and then stand next to a locked gate for 10 mins and they still can't catch you up. CGI tiger looked awful this episode too

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    I've stuck with it till now, disagreeing with alot of the negative comments, but last nights was the end for me, it's got ridiculous. How has anyone ever been killed by a walker when all you have to do to get away from them is limp slowly away from them, stopping to chat for a bit every now and then stand next to a locked gate for 10 mins and they still can't catch you up. CGI tiger looked awful this episode too
    I agree with the walker situation, in the early seasons they struggled to kill a few of them now they just walk around killing them with ease - yes they will be better at it as time went on but still

Master
    Rick is as bullet proof as Negan. That massive machine gun firing directly at him and it don't even shatter the windscreen despite said same machine gun taking arms and legs off from much further away at the end of the last episode.

(I'll still keep watching)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    100% agree, I have always been a fan and lived last season (and all the others!). I am also starting to lose faith, just turning into a joke at the moment. If this was the start I would write if off as a load of crap and wouldn't bother watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They definitely need to upgrade the Zombies, we need them more like 28 Days later, they'd be no stupid limping getaways then.

Yep, walkers couldn’t catch the limping king (mind you they are quite polite and seem to slow down to a shuffle whenever there’s some dialogue to deliver) but were somehow able to overcome a giant hippo-sized cgi tiger. And I’m not convinced Carol would take a minute of the Kings’ medieval mumbling without shooting him dead. It’s a load of twaddle now but has veered into ‘so bad it’s good’ territory for me!

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    How the hell did the walkers kill the tiger?

The big cat slaughtered plenty of Saviors in previous episodes without breaking a sweat!

Master
    I think my Stockholm Syndrone has finally been broken - I forgot it was on last night and I am not going to bother catching up. Was fun while it lasted!

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I think my Stockholm Syndrone has finally been broken - I forgot it was on last night and I am not going to bother catching up. Was fun while it lasted!
    Like a fool I watched it this afternoon but it has reaffirmed my desire to escape. Utter guff, from dull WTF start through to the dull end. A 50 cal machine gun bouncing off an unarmoured Jeep and a handful of zombies killing a tiger... even more ludicrous than the f**king tiger even being there in the first place. I can suspend disbelief for the premise of the show but it's treating us like idiots now.

I'm through, TWD has died on its arse.

Master
    Yep I agree with most, it’s becoming total aimless carp!

More fool me for sticking with it but I am for now.

Will the tiger become a walking dead tiger?

I think the fact that before I never used to open this thread until after watching but now read this thread before sums up where the series is for me!

Master
    I am totally convinced after this continual shite, that in the last episode, Rick will wake up, and the whole eight seasons will have been a dream.

Rob.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    I'll agree that TWD has lost its way a bit.....anyone remember when it was about surviving the zombie holocaust rather than West Side Story with decomposing toughs?.....but I still think it is one of the more entertaining shows on tv. It's basically an animated comic book so there is no point picking holes in it. Yes,that 50 cal should've ripped the jeep apart. Who knows where they've suddenly got hold of all this ammo.Why did the tiger only attack bad guys and not anybody else? How does Jesus keep his hair & beard in shiny,salon condition?
    Basically,who cares. I enjoy it and that's good enough for me.

I started to watch at the beginning to see how Andrew Lincoln would fare after seeing him in This Life. I drifted away after series 3.
    F.T.F.A.

I may have missed it, but is Father Gabriel still in that container with Negan?

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Who even knows with the liberties they take with timescales and chronology? Maggie isn't even showing a bump yet and she's pregnant with the baby of a guy who has been dead for a year.

Master
    I believe so.

Has anyone read the comics?

No idea but I'm begining to think that Negans are a bit like Vegans. They can't meet somebody new without telling them that they're Vegan, sorry Negan.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Who even knows with the liberties they take with timescales and chronology? Maggie isn't even showing a bump yet and she's pregnant with the baby of a guy who has been dead for a year.
    I thought she had the baby already?!?

The show still has some peaks for me, but the troughs are so effing stupid it's getting to be a real pain.

It’s week and truly jumped the shark now

The gunfights remind me of the A team when I was a kid, everyone has unlimited ammo but can’t hit a thing

The zombies seem to speed up and slow down depending on who much dialogue the cast need to get through. If was released now it would fold before the first season was done

Quote Originally Posted by doctorj View Post
    I thought she had the baby already?!?

The show still has some peaks for me, but the troughs are so effing stupid it's getting to be a real pain.

http://uproxx.com/tv/maggie-pregnant-walking-dead/

Gave up on last nights episode for the first time, been feeling bored for a while but cannot be doing with stretching this storyline any further, they needed to wrap it up in 4 separate series tbh, sometimes less is more.

All make more sense than the society we live in

Craftsman
    I spent most of this week's episode in 2x and 6x speed, thank the lord for sky+.
    I'll keep recording it as I've watched it all till now, but it's beginning to wear on me.

After episode one of this series I gave up, I realised that I wasn't enjoying it and didn't care about any of the characters anymore.

From the comments here seems I'm not alone. Pity because it was pretty good for several seasons.

Master
    Talk of needing an end game story arc above.

Last night a helicopter flew over, is that the first sign of an end point? i.e. an outside civilisation elsewhere in the world, searching for survivors? (Anyone that's read the comics, I haven't and don't want to know, just theorising where plot might go next)

Master

Last night a helicopter flew over, is that the first sign of an end point? i.e. an outside civilisation elsewhere in the world, searching for survivors? (Anyone that's read the comics, I haven't and don't want to know, just theorising where plot might go next)
    Possibly. Don't read the next bit if you're not interested in spoilers...though this is just speculation on my part.
    In the comics Eugene has repaired an old radio and been in contact with another group. They will appear in the next comic (january) and they are going to be called The Commonwealth. This group has been confirmed to be the largest community we've encountered and are well stocked and organised with their own military (in weird storm-trooper outfits). It has been hinted there may be a government connection. They won't be hostile, we are to be introduced to "new friends and enemies in equal measure".

Robert kirkman joked that this will probably be season 13 for the TV series, though the way we're rattling along I reckon season 10! He has also publically stated that he knows how the walking dead is going to end, he just hadn't decided when. Personally I think this is end-game. Introducing government and authority to proceedings can only be a bad thing, it spells the end of our aimless wanderings around the southern States and I can see it leading to #1 a cure, #2 the realisation that this is the end of humanity, or #3 some weak story about safe zones (or safe continents!).

Who knows, it's all speculation at this point but I'm pretty excited for Januarys issue.

A helicopter flew over a couple (maybe more!) of series ago, but that was never pursued as a plotline, but it stuck in my mind as a hint that, somewhere, there was something far bigger than we were seeing.

If they can kill off this tedious Negan storyline (and him with it, ideally), I might even start watching again!

M.

I sometimes wonder whether people like TWD despite the ponderous plot-lines/slow episodes, rather because of them - and the writers mistake the former for the latter. (Unlike GoT, where a large part of the appeal is the character development).

I agree that they risking drawing-out the Negan arc.

Last episode was petty good though.

I'm so bored now it might be time to switch off: I'm watching whole episodes on Fast Forward.
    Every time they take a decision not to do something (grasp a nettle) that is patently obvious it comes around and bites them in the ass Every Time! It appears no one learns anything although I'm learning not to care about the characters anymore.
    I doubt that I'll stop 'watching' as I love a zombie apocalypse as much as the next bloke but I'm not a true believer anymore not by a country mile.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using TZ-UK mobile app

As above. Even the 'zombie aspect' has faded away - they're 'window dressing' (bizzare choice of words, I admit!) to some characters who are no longer developing.

I will carry on watching though - did the same with Lost which turned out to be complete crap in the end! I never learn where TV is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by robcat View Post

Last episode was petty good though.
    Best so far this season at any rate!
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Journeyman
    The King character and his faithful tiger, Battle Axe ruin it.

Now I like tigers but seeing Cringer get the chop was lovely. Now kill off the King and i'll forget this ever happened.

Leave that stuff back in the 80's where it belongs.

We're grown ups now.

I’ve been watching S8 but can only do so in the background while doing something else. All those tedious deep and meaningful conversations behind the characters are putting me to sleep.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Craftsman
    I'm struggling with it to be honest.
    Thankfully only one more episode to go. As I do want to see it out.

Are they planning more series?

A couple more apparently.

The dictionary defines Inertia as: 1)a tendency to do nothing or to remain unchanged.
    2)an inability or unwillingness to stop watching the Walking Dead even though one accepts there is no longer anything of value in the endeavour.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Close to catching up to the comics now, especially cracking out "All Out War" over one series.

I think it'll be very interesting to see where it goes if/when they catch up, I would very much like to see the comic and the series run as two separate entities with the showrunners given a bit more leeway to explore the post apocalyptic world. There are a few characters in the series who are exclusive to the show (never appeared in the comics) and a few huge differences to the existing cast - Andrea not making it this far for example, but they have stuck pretty closely to the main stories so far.

Next week we're promised a big shock. Death of Rick? (hope not...) Death of Carl? (Pleeeeease...) or something else? Either way we'll go into the mid-season with Negan firmly in charge after half a season of him getting his arse kicked.

Talk on the interweb about Coral getting whacked this season as the lad playing him is off to college next year.

About six seasons too late IMO!

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Talk on the interweb about Coral getting whacked this season as the lad playing him is off to college next year.

About six seasons too late IMO!
    I'm more hopeful that it's the lardy chick with the rediculous eyebrows which have slipped six inches.

Master
    I stopped watching half way through episode 4.

Utter shite.

Rating on IMDB for the one last week, looks dire.

Rob.

Master
    I hate to admit it l, as I have really enjoyed this show even when others have not, but it has just become dull and pointless. Don't care about the story (such as it is) and no longer care about any of the characters. In my view when those things are gone the show dies. Shame.....

Craftsman
    I liked how Fear of the walking dead used a boat to travel to Mexico.

It annoys me that clearly all these camps are so close to each other and they are all fighting for the same resources.
    Get in the damn motorhome and try somewhere else Rick.

BTW, Andrew Lincoln confirmed in an interview that his time is coming to an end.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andyb28 View Post
    I liked how Fear of the walking dead used a boat to travel to Mexico.

It annoys me that clearly all these camps are so close to each other and they are all fighting for the same resources.
    Get in the damn motorhome and try somewhere else Rick.

BTW, Andrew Lincoln confirmed in an interview that his time is coming to an end.
    Is this the "Chinese whispers" thing where he said the theoretically yes, the show could stand to lose him, and all of a sudden the internet blew up with "OMG rick is LEAVING!!" ?

These guys do about a thousand interviews a month while the show is airing, and are trained and prompted in what to say and not say. Never in a million years would Andrew Lincoln confirm he was leaving the show, unless you have a link to the interview so I can eat my words? :)

Just got half way through the last episode and fell asleep. It’s unbelievably tedious now

Master
    I'd like to see a season of a lot of them breaking into separate groups/individuals and go exploring. You could have a load more walker action, interesting plots good and bad, good sides/bad sides to humanity, progress and backward steps. At least it would be different.

Craftsman
    Have seen this show from season 2 on, but since last year really struggling with it. It is just not as good anymore as it was...

Master
    Apparently I'm the last man standing as far as fans of the series.

I am now going to start opening threads about stuff I no longer like just to comment in the negative, it looks like fun. "Rolex Submariner? Yeah it has its fans but I think it's boring now"...