closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!

Master
    I am sticking with it like I did lost and no doubt this will be just as disappointing when it ends. The walkers used to be really hard to kill and not they take out 20, 30, 40 surrounded by them and somehow escape. The programme has become about the groups and the walkersa are just there as extras. That’s not what I signed up for.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Apparently I'm the last man standing as far as fans of the series.

No,I'm still a fan although I must admit that it's lost its way slightly. Biggest issue for me is that it has gone from being a world where it was a constant struggle against zombies to a world where zombies have become extras.

Ps....kill Carl or,at the very least,get someone to cut his hair.

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    No,I'm still a fan although I must admit that it's lost its way slightly. Biggest issue for me is that it has gone from being a world where it was a constant struggle against zombies to a world where zombies have become extras.

Ps....kill Carl or,at the very least,get someone to cut his hair.
    This!

Particularly the hair cut!

Master
    Oh dear...... such a disappointment for a mid season finale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Oh dear...... such a disappointment for a mid season finale

I think you shot your bolt 20 minutes early my man. Best episode of the series, but yeah, the bar was low.

Master
    I watched it earlier in the day, did nothing for me sadly.

It was on last night but I wasn't really watching it. I really loved that show but now really could not be bothered if I ever see it again.

Another terrible episode, on the upside Carls acting may be better as a Zombie.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Lol, this is good :)

Master
    Where the hell did all the saviours come from given every outpost was wiped out. Snipers took a snooze as well apparently as they shot through the walkers to escape. I used to love this programme but is quickly becoming a chore.

it was ok but nothing special, and again with the not killing negan!!! he was on the floor and rick turns Lucille around to hit him with the handle!!! just smash him in the face already!!!

glad carl is on his way, I said to the mrs it looked like he got bitten the week before

Master
    Not bad but hardly the earth shattering stuff promised. Negan in charge again (as predicted) and a major but not essential character death (as predicted). Quite a shocker that it was Carl though, it's going to make an enormous difference with regards to the comics now with no Carl.

I don't get why they didnt either execute Maggie or at least bring her to negan - the King, Rick and Maggie were the three names on his shit-list last i heard. :/

I get that they want to keep everyone alive but compliant, but surely do away with the biggest trouble makers eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Harsh but fair.
    Last night's offering jumped the shark in several ways but when given the choice of smashing Negan with the barbed wire festooned business end of ' Lucille' and bopping him one with the butt end -the show's and Rick's- logic demand's the smooshing option: when you then blatantly ignore/defy the rules and conventions of your own fictional universe then you mortally compromise your shows integrity, something the series once had in spades.
    I'm out👎

Sent from my Moto G (4) using TZ-UK mobile app

Hallelujah! Santa came early!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Where the hell did all the saviours come from given every outpost was wiped out. Snipers took a snooze as well apparently as they shot through the walkers to escape. I used to love this programme but is quickly becoming a chore.
    Agreed, I was a huge horror/zombie/romero fan so loved this series but struggling with it now. Can only hope it's another season 2 and next one will pick it up.

Master
    I'm up to the 2nd half of S7 now and it's started to go to pot. I'm going to stick with it but only because I like to see things through. Probably FOMO

Edit: Watching right now S7 E10 it's like someone new has taken over the writing and directing. Character behaviours have gone completely weird, music has changed and wtf is going on with the group who live in a dump and have a pet zombie dressed in spikes with a gimp mask?
    Last edited by Schofie; 12th December 2017 at 23:48.

^ Make the most of it as it’s all downhill from there on

My wife and I gave up a couple of episodes ago.

Master
    Well it's back for the second half of the season for the die hard fans....*

* Don't shoot the messenger :-)

Master
    I gave up a couple of seasons ago, it got to tedious, if i never see another Zombie head getting crunched again it will be to soon lol

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    There are probably only two people watching this shite now - I know I'm not.

Rob.

Master
    Blog Entries
    The first half of this season was terrible. I will fast forward the recap if there is one. Nothing happened.

At least we have to look forward to Karl Dying in Ricks hands or some shite like that....zzzzz.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 893bet View Post
    The first half of this season was terrible. I will fast forward the recap if there is one. Nothing happened.

At least we have to look forward to Karl Dying in Ricks hands or some shite like that....zzzzz.
    It started off so well, i enjoyed the first couple of seasons.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Great episode. Yeah ok there are some weird story arcs and some lazy writing but generally one of the best for a few seasons - the Carl (Corrral) story was done very well and we had a pretty good action sequence with Morgan and Carol.

Once again, why click the Walking Dead thread to say "I don't like The Walking Dead"? Baffles me that does. Do you do that in everyday life? "You ordering lager mate? It's shite that stuff, because I don't like it..."

Great episode. Yeah ok there are some weird story arcs and some lazy writing but generally one of the best for a few seasons - the Carl (Corrral) story was done very well and we had a pretty good action sequence with Morgan and Carol.

Once again, why click the Walking Dead thread to say "I don't like The Walking Dead"? Baffles me that does. Do you do that in everyday life? "You ordering lager mate? It's shite that stuff, because I don't like it..."
    C'mon man, don't post bits about the episode until it's been shown in the UK.

Anyway, I will watch it tonight, I'm always willing to put apathy aside at least until the end if the episode. I'll moan about it afterwards but I will watch the next one regardless.

Craftsman
    Anyone still watching? We’re trying but it’s becoming a real slog now! Watched episode 13 last night (current season) & can’t helping thinking that they’ve just shot themselves in the foot with how some people got infected & turned - hmm!
    Thoughts?

This week was pretty weak but enjoyed the previous couple, had some depth to them.

Always thinking if there’s going to be another close chop to Rick, harking back to that foreshadow scene of him all bloodshot-eyed we briefly saw. Or just his delayed release over Coral once the Saviour situ is over.

Having watched from the very beginning I now have 3 episodes recorded and I’m seriously considering deleting them - I have found the last few so boring I’ve fast forwarded long sections. I can’t bear all the ‘ profound’ speeches the characters make in the midst of a ‘story’ which seems to be aimlessly going nowhere - tbh I’ve lost track of what happened to which minor character 5 series ago, so any payoff is lost in the mists of time! My family gave up at the end of the last series and I think I’ll be joining them sadly

Last one was a week episode but enjoyed the previous two

Master
    I have also watched from the start and always been a huge fan. Even I am really struggling over the last season or 2. It had reached a point where I just don’t care about any of the characters any more and for me that is vital for any show......

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Having watched from the very beginning I now have 3 episodes recorded and I’m seriously considering deleting them - I have found the last few so boring I’ve fast forwarded long sections. I can’t bear all the ‘ profound’ speeches the characters make in the midst of a ‘story’ which seems to be aimlessly going nowhere - tbh I’ve lost track of what happened to which minor character 5 series ago, so any payoff is lost in the mists of time! My family gave up at the end of the last series and I think I’ll be joining them sadly

I’m not quite sure why I’m still watching this to be honest. They’re going round in circles with Rick/Negan just getting awayfrom each other, and yet more episodes where hundreds of rounds are fired without hitting the main characters.

Probably I’ve invested too much time to give up, but since they haven’t said when they’re drawing it to a conclusion, I don’t know why I’m hanging in.

Why is the Zombie blood now affecting them? In past episodes they would wear it to camouflage themselves?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    Why is the Zombie blood now affecting them? In past episodes they would wear it to camouflage themselves?
    I’m guessing it’s only affecting them through open wounds.

Master
    I almost forgot about last nights episode (it didn't feel like a Monday!) but this season still seems to be asking more questions than it answers.

At the start of the series the showrunners all but guaranteed a conclusion to the "All Out War" story arc (i.e. Rick V's Negan).
    It does seem to be drawing slowly to a close, but I can't picture a definitive end in sight. Last night we saw Rick becoming more like the merciless savage we associate Negan with being and the baddie becoming much more reasonable and forgiving - and dare I say likeable. Perhaps Negan will just give up and let Rick win.

In the comics Negan joins the Alexandria lot - at first as a prisoner and now (after escaping and coming back to help them fight) as a reluctantly accepted member of the group. That just can't happen on the show, partly because Jeffrey Dean Morgan commands too much money (hence his total absence in quite a lot of episodes) and partly because he's killed too many of the "good" characters to be accepted by audiences. Unless that's why they have spun his story out and started to paint him as a misunderstood hero?

Mega happy that Jadis has dropped that annoying way of speaking and ditched the mental fringe, but what the F was the helicopter all about???

By the way, who did Negan pick up in his car last night? Smart money points to that spineless Gregory chap (notably absent from the bar fight/massacre) but there is a theory it might be Carl back from faking his death. That one is a hard sell since Rick buried him... I do feel like he might have noticed it wasn't his son he was plonking in the grave.
    Last edited by kevkojak; 3rd April 2018 at 12:59.

I almost forgot about last nights episode (it didn't feel like a Monday!) but this season still seems to be asking more questions than it answers.

By the way, who did Negan pick up in his car last night? Smart money points to that spineless Gregory chap (notably absent from the bar fight/massacre) but there is a theory it might be Carl back from faking his death. That one is a hard sell since Rick buried him... I do feel like he might have noticed it wasn't his son he was plonking in the grave.
    I reckon it was the Reverend Gabriel?

Get to da choppa!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    I’m guessing it’s only affecting them through open wounds.
    Was thinking the same. Also, when negan crashed it was all over him and his face so maybe his nose and mouth?

I think it was Dwights/Negans Wife. Sherry?

There is a lot more to Jadis then we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jr View Post
    There is a lot more to Jadis then we know.
    Indeed.

The way she had her bag packed, it looked like she was expecting the helicopter. Hmmm...

Utter shite: strange/odd to call a zombie apocalypse series unrealistic but it's jumped the shark so many times now that it's unwatchable. I understand that some have got so much time invested in it that they feel compelled to stick to with it -but- I'm out.
    Ciao
    Joe

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

I stopped watching it due to sympathy for bullets, then forgot all about it and seeing this thread has reminded me of it again, might give it a go after all I have watched all of the 6 previous series.

Master
    Season finale tonight... looks to be a good one but I'm trying to avoid spoilers (it aired 6 hours ago in america).

Master
    What an odd finale. All the action over with very quickly, apparently the remaining saviours are all nice now and widow is plotting some sort of scene that will ruin ricks vision for the future. Pretty annoyed negan wasn’t killed to be honest.

Yeah bit of a damp squib, almost feels like a lead-in to winding the show down to a happy clappy conclusion.

Then again, rumors of the next threat being the graphic novel ‘Whisperers’ who were ever so slightly hinted at in a scene a few episodes ago.

And needs more helicopter intrigue

Didnt like the finale one bit

Master
    Went with a fizzle rather than a bang eh?
    Hmmmm, what next then... will there be a big time-jump like the comics? Or carry on with what looks to be a little civil war brewing between the "good" camps?

Master
    I'm just glad the war with Negan has seemingly finished after dragging on for 3 seasons since Glenn got his head bashed in. It's a good opportunity now to move the story on to new communities and places. Jadis/Ann and the helicopter is clearly key as well as the lady who gave them the Book of Knowledge from the van a few episodes ago.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    I'm just glad the war with Negan has seemingly finished after dragging on for 3 seasons since Glenn got his head bashed in. It's a good opportunity now to move the story on to new communities and places. Jadis/Ann and the helicopter is clearly key as well as the lady who gave them the Book of Knowledge from the van a few episodes ago.

My money is on Jadis' community being an artistic outpost of The Commonwealth, who have just been introduced in the comics.

@@@SPOILERS@@@

If they carry on (loosely) following the story from the original material then after the Saviours come The Whisperers - a large group of pretty savage nomads who survive by wearing dead peoples skin as outfits and blending in with the zombies.
    How exactly that works after the daft story with Negan and co. attacking The Hilltop with weapons coated in zombie guts to infect people and ultimately have them turn into zombies baffles me. If that's how it works then if one of these Whisperer folk gets so much as a papercut while wearing a walker as a disguise then they are gonners surely?

The Whisperer War pans out pretty much as the series we've just seen, I can't see them running it to be honest, or if they do then it'll need to be drastically altered from the comics otherwise fans will really be reaching for the remotes. One theory is that they'll use The Whisperers in "Fear The Walking Dead" instead, but the *Heads on pikes* scene might prove too juicy not to keep. Lots of good characters headed off to the dole queue...

If that takes up one season (please God only one season...) then it leads pretty much right up to where we are now in the comics (for a rough idea how much ground has been covered, All Out War was across issues 121 to 126, New World order started at issue 175).

@@@NOT QUITE SPOILERS BUT BLOODY GOOD GUESSES BASED ON THE COMICS@@@
    My guess - Season 9 will be a slow burner to start with. Two year time-skip to show what they have accomplished with the plans they were given by the weird woman in the hippy van. Maggie and co plotting against Rick and co in order to do away with Negan. Whisperers will be introduced at the mid-season hiatus. Maggie and Rick end up back on the same team against a common enemy - mucho bloodshed on both sides. Season finale...heads on pikes. Rick and Maggie both cry.

Season 10 will play out the rest of the "Whisperer War" story, including Negan escaping then returning to help defeat the Whisperers and very reluctantly being accepted into the community. Eugene fiddles with a radio, makes some new friends. Whisperers asses kicked. Big ol' zombie horde lays waste to Alexandria (again) and finally we're somehow introduced to The Commonwealth people - maybe they actually land the helicopter this time.

^ Interesting

I reckon Jadis is military/govt, one of many scouts sent out to establish communities to help repopulate the world. Hence the chopper "almost pickup" after her group's wipeout, plus her hidden accommodation was awfully neat and businesslike!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    ^ Interesting

I reckon Jadis is military/govt, one of many scouts sent out to establish communities to help repopulate the world. Hence the chopper "almost pickup" after her group's wipeout, plus her hidden accommodation was awfully neat and businesslike!
    That sounds plausible.