closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Remora I

Remora I

I've been wearing my Remora all week, so I decided to take a few pics this morning.

Cracking little watch, this one. Literally, as when Benarus first announced the Remora quite a few dive watch fans lamented that it would be 'only' 42 mm diamater. Dive watch dimensions seem to have moderated slightly these last 12 months though. At around 14 mm tall, the Remora sits very comfortably on most wrists.

It's a very simple cushion case, the most complex aspect being the crown guard / crown / bezel interface.

If Benarus had utilised simple, traditional materials, it is possible that the Remora execution could have been plain bordering on bland. The use of a ceramic dial and bezel, however, ensures visual interest and also considerable presence for a watch of these moderate dimensions. Compare the first pics with the one below, to get an idea of how light plays with the dial, bezel, and sapphire crystal:

The Remora 1 was delivered with simple black rubber strap and a mesh bracelet. Both were alriht, but the Isofrane-a-like that was delivered with the Remora II is fantastic. I fitted one to my Remora 1. The case dimensions match the strap perfectly, such that is seems to just flow out of the hooded lug case.

The Remora is something of a quiet achiever, often overlooked in favour of bigger, bolder, brasher designs. It is, however, a great daily wearer, and has a distinct personality and presence.

Master

Re: Remora I

I like that very much. 8)

Craftsman

same here

Looks good, like that :)

nice watches those, kind of a baby ploprof hommage- really like it :thumbright:

oh, and nice pics too 8)

Really like the look of that one!

I love that case shape - however I miss minute indices and date. Luckily, because I really like the case a lot.

Oh, and great photos - who did them for you? :D

Blog Entries

I've always liked this, beautifully executed, solid specs and a very interesting dial.
    I'd say it's a perfect size as well.

With these sort of prices this can still be hobby that puts a smile on your face.

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Looks like a lot of watch for the price. I like it!

Understated class and 8)
    “Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”

Looks great !! And the photos do it justice, I think :)

Journeyman

Great looking watch :P

Good looking purposeful dive watch - very nice.

I can only see these elsewhere with a date... were there a small batch of non-date dials produced?

Lovely watch...

Lovely looking timepiece

Very nice, I really like the Remora a lot.

Great case & strap combo, a very purposeful looking tool watch

Craftsman

I thought long and hard about getting the Remora II, but always preferred the non-dart black face on the Remora I i.e. like yours.

A little patience and a few months back I picked up a pretty much perfect used Remora I. I could very happilly wear this watch each and every day.....

Nice in pics, but far better on the wrist. The blackest of black gloss face and ceramic bezel really set off what is a very simple clean design.

Quote Originally Posted by Redd
    I thought long and hard about getting the Remora II, but always preferred the non-dart black face on the Remora I i.e. like yours.

A little patience and a few months back I picked up a pretty much perfect used Remora I. I could very happilly wear this watch each and every day.....
    That is sweet. Sometimes I wish I had a brushed version instead, but it's my only blasted watch and not without charm.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

think you should sell it!

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by jason recliner
    Quote Originally Posted by Redd

That is sweet. Sometimes I wish I had a brushed version instead, but it's my only blasted watch and not without charm.
    As a general rule I'm not a fan of bead blasted watches, for the look and that you can't polish out marks on them. Your looks very nice on that rubber and made me visit the Benarus web site to see if they sell them - they do.

I've seen the blue dart version of the Remora selling again and again on SC, but you very rarely see these versions - for reasons we both know :D

Cracking looking watch. Very tempting. Rgds John