closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carling Cup Final - Liverpool v Cardiff

Carling Cup Final - Liverpool v Cardiff

Anyone else here going?

Born in Cardiff and lifelong Liverpool fan. it's a win win situation whatever the outcome! :)

Master
    Blog Entries

Re: Carling Cup Final - Liverpool v Cardiff

As a liverpool fan it would be great if we could get the double.

Not going but YNWA

On a slightly related note, if Liverpool win it, and then qualify for Europe via other means, do Cardiff get the Europa League spot, or does it go to a team in the Prem? Come to think of it, does it get a Europa League spot?

Walk on Redmen!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dibergio
    On a slightly related note, if Liverpool win it, and then qualify for Europe via other means, do Cardiff get the Europa League spot, or does it go to a team in the Prem? Come to think of it, does it get a Europa League spot?
    Winners definitely get a place(ala Birmingham this year) and mostlikely runners up too if Liverpool have already qualified by other means.

Should be a good game. I reckon Cardiff will do well but ultimately fall short.

YNWA!

Banned

Yes I am going, have a really busy weekend of sport 8) Watching Wales beat England, Watching Nathan Cleverly beat the American and then watching Cardiff beat Liverpool. I feel a treble coming on :lol:

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart D
    Anyone else here going?

Born in Cardiff and lifelong Liverpool fan. it's a win win situation whatever the outcome! :)
    Snap!! :P

I'll be there.

Re: the earlier question about Europe, only the winners qualify.

(one question though, to the OP: if you're Cardiff born, why are you a lifelong Liverpool fan? :wink: )

Anyone got a spare ticket for this?

Bit gutted as I go the game regular but could not make the Carling games and had to skip them on the auto cup. Should be good for the FA Final if we make that though :D

Master

Good luck Cardiff, hope it is a great game and advert for football. We need a bit of something positive in the sport at present. West Ham fan myself so have to be supporting the underdog which as an Englishman is correct but it means that I will be cheering the Welsh on which as an Englishman maybe I shouldn't (all in good humour). Anyway, come on Cardiff but I want a great game first and foremost.

Ticket arrived! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Bloobird
    I'll be there.
    (one question though, to the OP: if you're Cardiff born, why are you a lifelong Liverpool fan? :wink: )
    John Toshack! :wink:
    Left Cardiff when I was five...

I'm no fake fan either. I go to games (have done all my adult life) and am pretty close to a pair of season tickets (been on the list since '98). :roll:
    However I do go and watch Cardiff occasionally (2-1 Southampton this season) and follow Hereford United too (my closest club).

REALLY don't mind who wins which is just as well as I'm travelling and sitting with the Cardiff fans! :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by taffytoon
    Yes I am going, have a really busy weekend of sport 8) Watching Wales beat England, Watching Nathan Cleverly beat the American and then watching Cardiff beat Liverpool. I feel a treble coming on :lol:
    ===== ditto =====

:D

Digger

I am hoping for a 3-0 victory and Luis Suarez to bag a hatrick. :bounce: :bounce:

Master

might have wanted liverpool to win it a while ago, but since the whole racism row, and the way Liverpool and in particular KD handled himself i hope they get stuffed and humiliated....

Quote Originally Posted by amar7274
    I am hoping for a 3-0 victory and Luis Suarez to bag a hatrick. :bounce: :bounce:
    Cardiff are the home team so that would be 3 nil to Cardiff :wink:

Digger

Master

Quote Originally Posted by theoriginaldigger

Digger
    and why would u want suarez to score a hatrick?

Digger
    I had a dream last night that we'd win 3-0

Mind you I also dreamt that I'd slept in, so missed half of it, then somehow drove to Wembley during half-time, parked outside the stadium, went in but somehow missed all three second half goals and somehow managed to end up shut out of the stadium during the celebrations. :drunken:

Hopefully Sunday will be a bit more straightforward than that!

Quote Originally Posted by mrteatime

Digger
    and why would u want suarez to score a hatrick?
    I wouldn't unless he scored three own goals :blackeye:

Digger

Come on Suarez....sock it to the haters! :blackeye:

might have wanted liverpool to win it a while ago, but since the whole racism row, and the way Liverpool and in particular KD handled himself i hope they get stuffed and humiliated....
    Unfortunately Liverpool made a couple of poor choices that the media have used to make out the club is racist. Suarez clearly should not have said what he did and should have sucked up the handshake. However the way it has been painted is a complete load of tosh and anyone with any legal knowledge should have a look at all the inconspicuous circumstances in the whole charade.

Anyway, hopefully this will finally start to blow over so people can start concentrating on the football again. Would love to see the formation we played against Brighton rocked out again, hopefully with Bellamy for Downing and Kuyt for Henderson.

Quote Originally Posted by sibeer
    Unfortunately Liverpool made a couple of poor choices that the media have used to make out the club is racist. Suarez clearly should not have said what he did and should have sucked up the handshake. However the way it has been painted is a complete load of tosh and anyone with any legal knowledge should have a look at all the inconspicuous circumstances in the whole charade.

Anyway, hopefully this will finally start to blow over so people can start concentrating on the football again. Would love to see the formation we played against Brighton rocked out again, hopefully with Bellamy for Downing and Kuyt for Henderson.
    Don't think Craig has the appetite for scoring against Cardiff, didn't sound like it on the radio yesterday anyway :wink:

Digger

Quote Originally Posted by sibeer

Don't think Craig has the appetite for scoring against Cardiff, didn't sound like it on the radio yesterday anyway :wink:

Digger
    To be fair, Stewie had one of his better games at the weekend, wouldn't be too upset if he was played. I haven't heard Bellamy on Cardiff, but generally he does well against old clubs. Maybe a bit different with Cardiff as 1. They didn't sell him and 2. It is his home club.

Heading off to Wembley shortly.

I wonder if any other Bluebirds/Scousers had the same dilemma as me this morning, when I had to remember which watch I wore to the Semi, to ensure I have the same one on today

Master
    Blog Entries

Oh dear, it looked promising too.

Banned

I didn't get in until 4am this morning after the boxing, luckily I gave my ticket to a friend who was aching to go 8) anyway
    ONE NIL TO THE SHEEP SHAGGERS :lol:

Master

I don't particularly care about Cardiff, but I very much want Liverpool to lose.

And I believe that right-thinking people everywhere who are neutral in this contest will hope that Liverpool are defeated this afternoon. Sad for football if the club that unambiguously defended and celebrated racist abuse, and insulted the integrity both of the professional footballer who had been their victim and of the Football Association itself were to win a trophy in the same season.

LIverpool FC has chosen to ally itself to racism this season. It's Racism FC versus the honour of football and of sport itself, this afternoon.

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.

I didn't get in until 4am this morning after the boxing, luckily I gave my ticket to a friend who was aching to go 8) anyway
    I wouldn't celebrate just yet though mart. :lol:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the big fella
    I wouldn't celebrate just yet though mart. :lol:
    Just to score was enough :lol:

Similar feelings here.

In addition I'd like to see Suarez suffer a career ending injury.

I think that probably makes me a bad person, but f*** that cheating racist c***

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover
    I don't particularly care about Cardiff, but I very much want Liverpool to lose.

And I believe that right-thinking people everywhere who are neutral in this contest will hope that Liverpool are defeated this afternoon. Sad for football if the club that unambiguously defended and celebrated racist abuse, and insulted the integrity both of the professional footballer who had been their victim and of the Football Association itself were to win a trophy in the same season.

LIverpool FC has chosen to ally itself to racism this season. It's Racism FC versus the honour of football and of sport itself, this afternoon.

Master
    Blog Entries

utter twoddle

Journeyman

As a neutral I'm not fussed who wins I just wanted an open free flowing game- this is anything but, it's almost as if neither team wants to win! The North London derby was by far the more entertaining match of the two I've watched today!

Quote Originally Posted by Middo

utter twoddle
    Indeed. Too many people reading too many of the wrong type of newspapers. Twisted truth becomes reality.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ali355
    As a neutral I'm not fussed who wins I just wanted an open free flowing game- this is anything but, it's almost as if neither team wants to win! The North London derby was by far the more entertaining match of the two I've watched today!
    Utter crap :x :roll:

Banned

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Have Liverpool ever been involved in a boring final?!

Banned

Lottery of penalties :shock:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Banned

Joke letting a scouser life long Liverpool fan take a penalty against the team he has supported all his life :roll:

Dammit, I wanted Cardiff to win. There's no excuse for missing the goal twice though!
    "A man of little significance"

Come on.........get in there
    However, Cardiff were simply awesome, every one of them to a man was superb and hats off to them, we won this by the skin of our teeth but I will take it, lot of respect for Cardiff though

Quote Originally Posted by scarto

Indeed. Too many people reading too many of the wrong type of newspapers. Twisted truth becomes reality.
    Exactly the sort of meaningless BS that caused Liverpool FC to become a nationally disliked and derided club in a period of about a month. Your man is a nasty racist and no amount of rhetoric will alter that. Liverpool should have issued a full apology on behalf of their player and let him go in January.

Quote Originally Posted by watch-nut
    Come on.........get in there
    However, Cardiff were simply awesome, every one of them to a man was superb and hats off to them, we won this by the skin of our teeth but I will take it, lot of respect for Cardiff though
    :thumbright: Cardiff made it a truly epic final. Never at one point did I feel comfortable that we would win...in fact, I thought with all Liverpool's chances missed, it was gonna be one of those days. The shoot-out was a see-saw humdinger too. We never do it the easy way..especially in finals.

But the greatest club team in history are lifting trophies again. YNWA

Quote Originally Posted by Plake

Exactly the sort of meaningless BS that caused Liverpool FC to become a nationally disliked and derided club in a period of about a month. Your man is a nasty racist and no amount of rhetoric will alter that. Liverpool should have issued a full apology on behalf of their player and let him go in January.
    Busy watching victorious TV pictures and celebrating here to care. :D

Banned

Due to the negative coverage of the club in recent weeks, it has been decided to hold the victory parade at a strategic time.

It is scheduled to commence from West Derby one minute after the start of The Jeremy Kyke Show and conclude in Bootle just before the final credits an hour later.

Police expect crowds of up to 6 people.

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.

Why don't you give it a rest another horrible f@@king manc touting his bollox the guy made a mistake he apoligized for it so why don't you leave it alone and watch your video's of cantana who could do no wrong including kicking and punching a fan and read the meaningless bullsh*t that followed about him being banned for life which he should have been.

Master
    Blog Entries

right good game both teams should be very proud of their efforts

Quote Originally Posted by dek10000
    right good game both teams should be very proud of their efforts
    That's how finals should be. :thumbright: Liverpool always make it interesting. :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by the big fella

Why don't you give it a rest another horrible f@@king manc touting his bollox the guy made a mistake he apoligized for it so why don't you leave it alone and watch your video's of cantana who could do no wrong including kicking and punching a fan and read the meaningless bullsh*t that followed about him being banned for life which he should have been.
    :|

I don't support any prem teams and I'm from the south.

Suarez hasn't apologised and neither have his club.

Apart from that, I believe you have fleas. Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner.