closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Creation Watches

Creation Watches

I am considering making a purchase from this company online.
    Some searching of the internet puts them in a good light, and not surprisingly the UK feedback on their website is all good.
    However, can I expect a stress free transaction? Is a watch valued just over £100 likely to get hit by import duty?
    I think their watches are sourced in Singapore?
    Any feedback or stories, good or bad, all appreciated.

Re: Creation Watches

I've used them two or three times, can't remember which. Always been absolutely fine. Always expect to pay import duty, VAT, etc, then if you don't it is a nice surprise!

There are plenty of import calculators online, but don't forget to add some for the 'handling fee' which the courrier company always seem to charge.

Creation Watches

Used them once to buy a monster, arrived in 3 days, perfect condition (but no paperwork or guarantee) and no duty. Very impressed with their service - all fully tracked and the watch was stupidly cheap :-)

There are a few threads that mention Creation Watches usually in connection with the question 'where's the best place to get a SKX007?'.

I have bought from them 4 times. My only problem was with a smear on the underside of crystal model SNK809 (don’t buy one they’re rubbish in many respects, sometimes you pay less and get less but that’s another story) but this says more for Seiko’s quality control than anything else and I remedied the problem myself without making a fuss as the movement pops out really easy.

The watches sent are brand new and the prices represent huge savings compared to the UK high street. The warranty will not be valid though and you would need to send the watch back to Creation if it acts up.

You need to be aware though of the location that the watch is being sent from. Whilst most watches are sent from Singapore lightningly fast and unlikely to attract duty, the watches sent from Japan take a number of weeks and by all acounts duty is always payable.

The tracking of watches from Singapore is great fun as they use FedEx and you see your watch go in and out of various countries quicker than Jason Bourne on a mission.

Go get yourself a monster you won’t regret it.

Several threads about them in recent months, I guess they're alright.

Avoid FedEx/UPS/whatever shipping and opt for registered mail - it might take longer but maybe it'll slip though.

Good luck :thumbright:

I ordered from them before Christmas - I bought a couple of military style Seikos as first automatic watches for my two oldest nephews. They got here in less than a week and there were no additional costs.

Thanks for all the feedback so far. Definitely thinking I should give these guys a go.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad
    Used them once to buy a monster, arrived in 3 days, perfect condition (but no paperwork or guarantee) and no duty. Very impressed with their service - all fully tracked and the watch was stupidly cheap :-)

Likewise. I think the description was horological gift :-)

Ordered 3 or 4 G Shocks from them in the past, never had any problems 8)

Ryan

Craftsman

Ive never had any concerns ordering from Creation. Havent been hit by import duty either.

No problem when I bought my Seiko Monster of them. Had it delivered to work no import duties payed.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad

Me too. My Black monster came in Seiko box with a manual. And with creation watches you get their own warranty and no duty to pay. Many people on here have used them, i researched them loads before buying.

No problems or duty with my monster from them last August :)

It was indeed the cheapest place to get a SKX007J :lol:

Took five days to arrive and no extra charges.

Master

Yep - great company to deal with :) Have bought from them myself and was very happy.

Good prices and quick shipping but as I've mentioned in a previous thread, their after sales service (for me at least) was terrible! Don't expect much help if you have a problem later down the line. If you order from them, fingers crossed you get a good one!

AS Above - Got my orange monster from them no issues at all!

Craftsman

I got my SK007J from them last year. No issues, supplied with tracking details and arrived in really good time.
    I would happily buy from them again.

Indeed. Another happy punter here and a tax free member of the

David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Craftsman

Same here. Got an SKX009J for silly money. Arrived in 4 days, no import duty, no hassles.

A great buying experience.

Master

I thought I'd be clever & order from them when I was In Singapore. The service was excellent & the watch arrived at my hotel the next day but I was a bit surprised when I got charged local Singapore duty as it wasn't being exported.

Just waned to check something: I'm about to order a sub-£100 watch and wanted to ask if those who have used insured Fed-Ex for equally inexpensive have avoided charges, or have you all used the non-insured alternative?

I'm happy to wait if there's a risk...

Craftsman

I have bought two watches from Creation and had no issues at all. Both arrived quickly and no import taxes which was nice.

Bought my last Seiko from them and am about to buy another. Only have good things to report. Fast, cheap and reliable IMO. If you are after a Japan domestic it's a good place to look.

Quote Originally Posted by RallyePete
    It was indeed the cheapest place to get a SKX007J :lol:

Took five days to arrive and no extra charges.
    Ditto.

I bought a SKX007J, a SKX011J and an Oyster strap from Creation with no problems at all.

agree with all comments. My seiko stargate from there was a swift and efficient deal, with a VFM feel to the price. Rgds John

Another happy customer.

Journeyman
    I know this is an old thread but.......for those of you who paid import charges; were the watches delivered to a business or residential address?

Happy customer of a Ray and Mako

Quote Originally Posted by jdragon View Post
    I know this is an old thread but.......for those of you who paid import charges; were the watches delivered to a business or residential address?
    My was to a residential address but if it get stopped by customs on n the way in they won't care what address is on the package. The courier generally posts the fees and you reimburse them

Craftsman
    I’ve bought a few watches from Creation, I’ve never incurred any customs charges and all the watches came within 3 days.

Craftsman
    Seems to be the JDM watches that get sent from elsewhere using EMS get caught in customs, DHL no trouble. They're good when it goes well but when there's an issue they are awful to deal with.
    Last edited by Janesy B; 16th September 2015 at 13:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Janesy B View Post
    Seems to be the JDM watches that get sent from elsewhere using EMS get caught in customers, DHL no trouble. They're good when it goes well but when there's an issue they are awful to deal with.
    All of this is correct from my experience.

Journeyman
    Thanks all.

My purchase from Sunday is with the courier on route to me now :)