closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carling Cup Final - Liverpool v Cardiff

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.

Re: Carling Cup Final - Liverpool v Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Plaque
    Quote Originally Posted by the big fella
    Quote Originally Posted by scarto

Indeed. Too many people reading too many of the wrong type of newspapers. Twisted truth becomes reality.
    Exactly the sort of meaningless BS that caused Liverpool FC to become a nationally disliked and derided club in a period of about a month. Your man is a nasty racist and no amount of rhetoric will alter that. Liverpool should have issued a full apology on behalf of their player and let him go in January.
    Why don't you give it a rest another horrible f@@king manc touting his bollocks the guy made a mistake he apologized for it so why don't you leave it alone and watch your video's of cantana who could do no wrong including kicking and punching a fan and read the meaningless bullsh*t that followed about him being banned for life which he should have been.
    :|

I don't support any prem teams and I'm from the south.

Suarez hasn't apologised and neither have his club.

Apart from that, I believe you have fleas. Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner.

Both have apologised and why you support manure from down south is anyone's guess glory hunter probably .

[quote=the big fella]
    Quote Originally Posted by "the big fella":1poiwdgs

Indeed. Too many people reading too many of the wrong type of newspapers. Twisted truth becomes reality.
    Exactly the sort of meaningless BS that caused Liverpool FC to become a nationally disliked and derided club in a period of about a month. Your man is a nasty racist and no amount of rhetoric will alter that. Liverpool should have issued a full apology on behalf of their player and let him go in January.
    Why don't you give it a rest another horrible f@@king manc touting his bollocks the guy made a mistake he apologized for it so why don't you leave it alone and watch your video's of cantana who could do no wrong including kicking and punching a fan and read the meaningless bullsh*t that followed about him being banned for life which he should have been.

Both have apologised and why you support manure from down south is anyone's guess glory hunter probably .[/quote:1poiwdgs]

Don't pay the haters any heed. In the build-up to this game , you could almost hear the collective prayers of our rivals and haters alike...hoping Liverpool would slip up and Suarez would flop. As it happened, Liverpool made a bit of a meal of it but Suarez contributed well and got a winners' medal. That is enough to stick in the craw of the haters...let it do its job and let them bleat on. :mrgreen:

[quote=the big fella]
    Quote Originally Posted by "the big fella":2tmkkt22

Both have apologised and why you support manure from down south is anyone's guess glory hunter probably .[/quote:2tmkkt22]

Well in fact I'm a Reading FC supporter and I'd always had a soft spot for Liverpool, being underdogs in what was once the big four. Especially since they seem to give us an easy win more often than not.

It must be difficult reading newspapers with one eye but I think you'll find that Suarez apologised for not shaking hands with Evra, not the original racially motivated abuse.

Master

Best and bruce played for reading did they? oh let me guess they were life long hero's of yours yeah.

Best and bruce played for reading did they? oh let me guess they were life long hero's of yours yeah.
    Yep, George Best did play for Reading. Google is your friend my portly chum.

The other two guys are Lawrie Sanchez and Trevor Senior, both Reading legends.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Plake

The other two guys are Lawrie Sanchez and Trevor Senior, both Reading legends.
    I beleive he did but not according to his stats he never.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Best

Banned

[quote=the big fella][quote=Plake][quote="the big fella":2igl6ffw]Best and bruce played for reading did they? oh let me guess they were life long hero's of yours yeah.[/quote]

The other two guys are Lawrie Sanchez and Trevor Senior, both Reading legends.[/quote]

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Best"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Best[/url][/quote:2igl6ffw]

And tonight's revelation - Trevor Senior is really Steve Bruce :D

Wind yer neck in Big Fella, you've scraped a trophy now :wink:

Great game, Dirk Kuyt is such a great player and seems like a nice guy too.

Master

Don't pay the haters any heed. In the build-up to this game , you could almost hear the collective prayers of our rivals and haters alike...hoping Liverpool would slip up and Suarez would flop. As it happened, Liverpool made a bit of a meal of it but Suarez contributed well and got a winners' medal. That is enough to stick in the craw of the haters...let it do its job and let them bleat on. :mrgreen:[/quote]

scarto don't get me wrong i didn't want liverpool to win either but i had reason other than the rascist bullshit that's being spouted for them losing.

Master

[quote=burnsey66][quote=the big fella][quote=Plake]
    Quote Originally Posted by the big fella":3bcfb01o]Best and bruce played for reading did they? oh let me guess they were life long hero's of yours yeah.[/quote]

The other two guys are Lawrie Sanchez and Trevor Senior, both Reading legends.[/quote]

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Best
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Best[/url]

Wind yer neck in Big Fella, you've scraped a trophy now :wink:[/quote:3bcfb01o]

your telling me you knew that was trevor senior burnsey ? oh and btw i'm an evertonian.

Banned

[quote=the big fella][quote=burnsey66]
    Quote Originally Posted by the big fella":29rizw08][quote=Plake][quote="the big fella":29rizw08]Best and bruce played for reading did they? oh let me guess they were life long hero's of yours yeah.[/quote]

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Best
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Best[/url]

Wind yer neck in Big Fella, you've scraped a trophy now :wink:[/quote:29rizw08]

your telling me you knew that was trevor senior burnsey ? oh and btw i'm an evertonian.[/quote:29rizw08]

No mate, but I knew it wasn't Brucey :mrgreen:

Chill you lot FFS.

Don't pay the haters any heed. In the build-up to this game , you could almost hear the collective prayers of our rivals and haters alike...hoping Liverpool would slip up and Suarez would flop. As it happened, Liverpool made a bit of a meal of it but Suarez contributed well and got a winners' medal. That is enough to stick in the craw of the haters...let it do its job and let them bleat on. :mrgreen:

scarto don't get me wrong i didn't want liverpool to win either but i had reason other than the rascist bullshit that's being spouted for them losing.
    Go on...why so then?

[quote=the big fella][quote=Plake][quote="the big fella":n2klujj7]Best and bruce played for reading did they? oh let me guess they were life long hero's of yours yeah.[/quote]

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Best"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Best[/url][/quote:n2klujj7]

tbf he was probably quite drunk and forgot to tell anyone.

Master

[quote:3ef5ho35]scarto don't get me wrong i didn't want liverpool to win either but i had reason other than the rascist bullshit that's being spouted for them losing.
    Go on...why so then?[/quote:3ef5ho35]

I'm a evertonian.

[quote:se7iq1op]scarto don't get me wrong i didn't want liverpool to win either but i had reason other than the rascist bullshit that's being spouted for them losing.
    Go on...why so then?
    I'm a evertonian.[/quote:se7iq1op]

Ah ok :D

Quote Originally Posted by Bloobird
    Heading off to Wembley shortly.

I wonder if any other Bluebirds/Scousers had the same dilemma as me this morning, when I had to remember which watch I wore to the Semi, to ensure I have the same one on today
    Fat lot of good that did

Craftsman

Heading off to Wembley shortly.

I wonder if any other Bluebirds/Scousers had the same dilemma as me this morning, when I had to remember which watch I wore to the Semi, to ensure I have the same one on today
    Fat lot of good that did

You sure you got the right one? You didn't flip the one you wore to the SF did you? :wink:

Fair play to Cardiff, they really gave it a go and did themselves proud, and they even had more second-chances than Liverpool would usually let you have, but it wasn't to be... :(

Just got back! A great spectical for what turned out to be a great day. Good healthy banter between two sets of passionate fans. Looking forward to watching the match on TV tomorrow. Well done all round...

Great game, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Cardiff on TV again at the weekend although they will probably find it harder at the Boleyn. :D

Promotion six pointer.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart D
    Just got back! A great spectical for what turned out to be a great day. Good healthy banter between two sets of passionate fans. Looking forward to watching the match on TV tomorrow. Well done all round...
    Good friendly banter Liverpool style...

Good game and fair dues to Cardiff, they played their hearts out and could have nicked it. Brilliant to see Stevie G lift the cupin King Kenny's first full season back. First trophy with Liverpool for Luis Suarez aswell, hopefully the first of many for our brilliant forward. Sell him in summer? Not a chance, give him a contract extension more like it!

Psss: Luis Suarez is not racist, neither is Liverpool football club, no matter what S*N reading norberts say. :wink:

Andy Carroll is not only the personification of a eighties p.rnstar but also a joke. Typcial example of a British football player: insane transfer and really no Premier League quality

Henderson was the poorest player on the pitch by a country mile. How he commands a starting place is beyond me and to pay £20m? Well...............

Quote Originally Posted by RLE
    Henderson was the poorest player on the pitch by a country mile. How he commands a starting place is beyond me and to pay £20m? Well...............

completely agree although it looked like Caroll was trying his best to match Hendersons poor performance :(

I don't think i have seen such a lazy centre forward as Carroll :(

Quote Originally Posted by watch-nut

completely agree although it looked like Caroll was trying his best to match Hendersons poor performance :(

In fairness all our new signings are blowing hot and cold. Downing had a great game (for a change) and Adam was decent too (dreadful penalty excluded). Enrique was average, Carroll below par and Hendo not worth the space on the bus. Overall I think Hendo will be a decent squad member for us for a number of years, the problem is that we keep playing him out of position to give him game time. Really thought when Rafa left we might put a bit more investment into wide positions, however if anything we have gone even more silly in "strength and depth" in the middle of the park. Gerrard, Lucas, Adam, Henderson, Shelvy and Spearing all fighting for two/three positions in the middle of the park is just daft.

Anyway, entertaining game as seems par the course when Liverpool get in a final. Neutrals must love it when we make it to the big games :D

In terms of creativity and attacking/finishing this is the worst Liverpool team I can remember in a long time. They may have created lots of chances but they don't have a clinical goalscorer in the Rush/Fowler/Owen/Torres mold. Downing put in some great crosses but no one was there to anticipate them. There are too many intricate passes and the ball is going no where. I cannot understand why/how Liverpool paid so much money for Henderson (I won't mention Carroll :shock: ). Bellamy was excellent and so was Kuyt. Liverpool really need an out and out goal scorer who is lethal in the box, plus also a creative midfield player (Adam has been disappointing for me).

Cardiff played out of their skin. Their defending was fearless and with that kind of commitment you cannot really ask for more. They showed more guts and effort than many teams in the Premier League show.

Agree with you both but I think Henderson needs some time to develop and should turn out to be a good player.

I'm more disappointed with Charlie Adam generally. He looked good at Blackpool but he is a very average midfielder, especially clear to see when Gerrard is playing alongside. Adam can't take corners or free kicks and gives the ball away too.

Blog Entries

So after 6 years without a trophy, they bring home the Carling Cup. Bit like being single for 6 years and bringing home Susan Boyle :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Shane
    In terms of creativity and attacking/finishing this is the worst Liverpool team I can remember in a long time. They may have created lots of chances but they don't have a clinical goalscorer in the Rush/Fowler/Owen/Torres mold. Downing put in some great crosses but no one was there to anticipate them. There are too many intricate passes and the ball is going no where. I cannot understand why/how Liverpool paid so much money for Henderson (I won't mention Carroll :shock: ). Bellamy was excellent and so was Kuyt. Liverpool really need an out and out goal scorer who is lethal in the box, plus also a creative midfield player (Adam has been disappointing for me).
    Couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by BSB
    So after 6 years without a trophy, they bring home the Carling Cup. Bit like being single for 6 years and bringing home Susan Boyle :lol:
    Any port in a storm :D

Quote Originally Posted by Optimum
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane
    Couldn't agree more.

Well, if rumours are to be believed, Torres may be on his way back in the Summer. :wink:

I have every confidence in this project. Dalglish came back only a year ago after the disaster that was Hodgson. New owners had only just taken over a couple of months before. They are a shrewd bunch and are building for the future.

Before this season, I predicted a Carling or FA Cup (who knows now..maybe both) and 4th place. This project will take another 2-3 years to come fully to fruition but I believe with 2 or 3 good buys this Summer, they can challenge for the league next season. Don't worry..Liverpool F.C are going back to the top where they belong. The only of the top clubs with a sustainable and promising longer-term outlook imo...it will pay off soon enough. :bounce:

I am a Liverpool fan born and bred (i.e., no axe to grind). Whilst I acknowledge that history will largely only focus on who won a trophy rather than how; we are not in a position of historical perspective. Liverpool were pants!! There is no plan b when up against a team playing with balls/outplaying us/spoiling (delete as applicable). If we play like that against Stoke, we will not be progressing in the FA cup. Kenny is a Liverpool legend but he is a dinosaur of a manager rooted in the 70s and 80s. He was devoid of ideas on Sunday and patently gave a completely ineffectual half-time team talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dast
    I am a Liverpool fan born and bred (i.e., no axe to grind). Whilst I acknowledge that history will largely only focus on who won a trophy rather than how; we are not in a position of historical perspective. Liverpool were pants!! There is no plan b when up against a team playing with balls/outplaying us/spoiling (delete as applicable). If we play like that against Stoke, we will not be progressing in the FA cup. Kenny is a Liverpool legend but he is a dinosaur of a manager rooted in the 70s and 80s. He was devoid of ideas on Sunday and patently gave a completely ineffectual half-time team talk.
    Not sure you're giving Cardiff or Liverpool enough credit. Cardiff defended like their lives depended on it...also Liverpool made enough chances but for whatever reason, just couldn't put them away (cleared off-lines, going just past the post) etc. They need a demon striker to put away things without mercy (like Torres at his peak)..at the moment Carroll or even Suarez are not fulfilling that role. Disagree that Dalglish is devoid of ideas. He has Steve Clarke for that line of thinking anyway.
    Beating Chelsea in the league/knocking them out of the CC, then doing the same to Man City and knocking Manure out of the FA Cup does not strike me as a coaching staff that are lacking ideas. In fact, in the games they have drawn in the league at home this season, they've made umpteen chances but either made of a meal of the final shot or come up against 'keepers in the form of their lives. They just need to score more goals and the current strikeforce are not up to the job.

[/quote]

Well, if rumours are to be believed, Torres may be on his way back in the Summer. :wink:

[/quote]
    Why?
    Have they found his shooting boots :D

Scarto; you are more of a glass half full guy than I am.

I look at where I want Liverpool to be, i.e. challenging for the premiership and Champions' League, and see them nowhere near that based on the Cardiff game (and Cardiff were excellent; don't get me wrong in that regard) and their recent league positions. I see so many deficiencies in the team and tactics and the recent big money purchases that I think that a new manager is needed to shake things up. Nevertheless, I shall endeavour to be more positive.

Scarto; you are more of a glass half full guy than I am.

I look at where I want Liverpool to be, i.e. challenging for the premiership and Champions' League, and see them nowhere near that based on the Cardiff game (and Cardiff were excellent; don't get me wrong in that regard) and their recent league positions. I see so many deficiencies in the team and tactics and the recent big money purchases that I think that a new manager is needed to shake things up. Nevertheless, I shall endeavour to be more positive.
    I'm a positive guy generally but believe me, this is the most positive I've been about LFC for a long long time. I've been feeling this way since the new ownership and Dalglish came back, so the last 12-18 months or so. There seems to be some real organised and strategic thinking there now - believe..and it will happen. Two years from now, we'll have this conversation again. :D

We were'nt that bad, Cardiff played like a team who had reached a cup final, there are no crap teams in an English cup final, period, show some respect to Cardiff, the pass for their first goal was world class.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy H
    We were'nt that bad, Cardiff played like a team who had reached a cup final, there are no crap teams in an English cup final, period, show some respect to Cardiff, the pass for their first goal was world class.
    As I noted above, I do think that Cardiff were brilliant BUT they had a pretty easy run to the final (ironically, we didn't but couldn't turn it on in the final). If Liverpool measure themselves by scraping a win against a Championship side raising its game on the day then hurrah, we're back. However, if we want to be winning the premiership or even finishing top 4 and then doing well in the Champion's League then we are barely out of the starting gate.

As I note above, if we play like that against Stoke, we are out of the FA cup, which to me is proof that we didn't play well. This has nothing to do with how well Cardiff played and no disrespect was intended in that regard.

I have every confidence in this project. Dalglish came back only a year ago after the disaster that was Hodgson. New owners had only just taken over a couple of months before. They are a shrewd bunch and are building for the future.

Before this season, I predicted a Carling or FA Cup (who knows now..maybe both) and 4th place. This project will take another 2-3 years to come fully to fruition but I believe with 2 or 3 good buys this Summer, they can challenge for the league next season. Don't worry..Liverpool F.C are going back to the top where they belong. The only of the top clubs with a sustainable and promising longer-term outlook imo...it will pay off soon enough. :bounce:
    Scarto, do you really believe that Dalglish is the right man for the job? He was my boyhood hero and managed a truly great Liverpool team from 1987-1991 but I just don't think he is going to work out a second time around. They have really good team players in Gerrard, Kuyt, Bellamy, Suarez and Downing, but Carroll, Henderson and Adam have all been very expensive disappointments. They've won some big games it's true, and should have won a whole lot more, but to win the PL you have to win against the mid/low order teams. Liverpool's best season was a few years ago when they did the double over Utd and Chelsea, but lost the title due to drawing too many games when Torres was injured. It's all about consistency. The top 3 this season have been winning most of their games....LP have struggled to win most of theirs. As for Torres coming back, that would be the icing on the cake for bad purchases after Carroll and Henderson :shock:

They need 3-4 top quality players but also far better tactics and a will to win every ball. They seem sluggish at times, with no creativity or ideas (the Liverpool team 10 years ago were better attacking-wise than this one IMO). Liverpool fans and management are very loyal and supportive but if Dalglish doesn't get them into the top 4 this or next season then I don't think the American owners will have any compunction with getting someone new in.

Agree with you both but I think Henderson needs some time to develop and should turn out to be a good player.

I'm more disappointed with Charlie Adam generally. He looked good at Blackpool but he is a very average midfielder, especially clear to see when Gerrard is playing alongside. Adam can't take corners or free kicks and gives the ball away too.

where as i think Adam is a decent player but..... he only seems to play well when either Gerrard is not playing or when gerrard plays just off the front 2, in the cup final Gerrard played way to deep, almost stuck in a central midfield which for me is Adam's role, can't have 2 generals on the battlefield.

I thought the way the team was set up or at least how they ended up playing set Adam up to have a quiet game.

As for a striker, Carroll ain't the man for the job, Torres back? i still think he's quality but i would look elsewhere, there is some cheaper talent in Europe, Gilardino or Jovetic - Fiorentina, Cavani - Napoli, Gomez - Munich and i could go on and on and on

I'm still not conviced we have the right manager in place, however if i look back just 18 months where we are now is a far better place and say what you want about the Carling cup, but its a trophy, still going in the FA cup - so Dalglish does deserve a shot.

Champions league football has to be the real prize, we need the money it brings and no decent player will want to play at a club that is not getting European football but i am not sure thats achieveable, although a little wobble from Spurs and Chelsea not exactly in a rich vein of form...who knows

Surely in an ideal world for Liverpool, Adam would not even be on the pitch. I don't mean this against Adam, but he is not going to keep Gerrard or Lucas out the team. For a reasonable fee he has brought in decent quality strength in depth and experience.

This summer we need a strong finishing strike option and a natural right or preferable both sided wing attacker. To make room for this personally I would sell Maxi or Kuyt as well as Aurelio, Aquilani and Cole. Would rather not sell Maxi or Kuyt, but neither seem to be in the first team any more as the boss is trying to make new options work (despite both tending to outshine Downing or Henderson more often than not). One or both of Henderson and Shelvey need to go out on loan as they are not going to get game time if Gerrard stays fit