closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: How Do I Value Heuer Stopwatches New For Old?

Banned

Re: How Do I Value Heuer Stopwatches New For Old?

It depends which Heuer stopwatches you have, the great majority of their 'common or garden' stopwatches have little value, anything from £40 to £100 at most. I believe TAG Heuer made a reissue 'Heuer' limited edition stopwatch and that was mighty expensive, so I don't think that would be fair 'new for old'.

Banned

Well I guess it's down to your insurance company. If they are happy replacing several £40ish stopwatches with several £500-700+ limited edition versions, then you'll be a happy man indeed. :mrgreen:

Technically, even the TAG Heuer re-issue limited editions aren't new, so I guess they may replace them with a non-Heuer mechanical stopwatch of a value around that of what you are claiming against. There are many on the market now (brand new) for £50ish... like these...

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&gs_nf...w=1370&bih=945

I guess if I had a Sony TV stolen, and lets say Sony didn't sell TVs anymore, then I presume I'd get a similar TV, like a Panasonic.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GC8
    Im disappointed that someone with a keen interest in Heuer pieces, feels that a thirty year old boxed, mint condition and properly serviced Heuer stopwatch is only worth a cheap nasty chinese piece as a replacement.

On a separate note, I will happily buy every similar piece that you know of for £40! Complete with backing plates their indemnity value is approximately £800 per pair...

I'm sorry??

I had no idea of the condition, service record or state of use or knowledge of box, papers or guarantee. I was not comparing them to a cheap and nasty Chinese stopwatch.

I didn't read up on the stopwatches I linked to, I simply Googled 'mechanical stopwatches', and that is what came up.
    The standard Heuer stopwatches are unbelievable bargains, I can't really fathom why they aren't a lot more valuable, they are interesting, have a rich history (inc. space flight) and beautifully made. However, the market value of them is nothing to do with me.

The Heuer stopwatches & dash timers cover a vast range from £20 to £3-4K+ for a Super Autavia. You have given no details, not a mention of the model code, year or history. Are they stopwatches, dash timers etc etc etc. I try to help, and you shoot me down with a snotty reply.
    How on earth can I or anyone give you a good answer if you are so vague with any description. It's like me simply asking.. "I have a Rolex, what's it worth"

I was just trying to answer your own question, trying to be helpful.. last time I try that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by europa
    [q. "I have a Rolex, what's it worth".
    £50 :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by europa
    Im disappointed that someone with a keen interest in Heuer pieces, feels that a thirty year old boxed, mint condition and properly serviced Heuer stopwatch is only worth a cheap nasty chinese piece as a replacement.

On a separate note, I will happily buy every similar piece that you know of for £40! Complete with backing plates their indemnity value is approximately £800 per pair...

I'm sorry??

I had no idea of the condition, service record or state of use or knowledge of box, papers or guarantee. I was not comparing them to a cheap and nasty Chinese stopwatch.

I didn't read up on the stopwatches I linked to, I simply Googled 'mechanical stopwatches', and that is what came up.
    The standard Heuer stopwatches are unbelievable bargains, I can't really fathom why they aren't a lot more valuable, they are interesting, have a rich history (inc. space flight) and beautifully made. However, the market value of them is nothing to do with me.

The Heuer stopwatches & dash timers cover a vast range from £20 to £3-4K+ for a Super Autavia. You have given no details, not a mention of the model code, year or history. Are they stopwatches, dash timers etc etc etc. I try to help, and you shoot me down with a snotty reply.
    How on earth can I or anyone give you a good answer if you are so vague with any description. It's like me simply asking.. "I have a Rolex, what's it worth"

I was just trying to answer your own question, trying to be helpful.. last time I try that for you.
    :lol: :D

Can someone please post photos or reference number of Heuer stopwatch being discussed? Without a more detailed description, I would put the value of mint or new old stock Heuer stopwatch in the range between $50 and $4,000.

Jeff

I will happily buy every similar piece that you know of for £40! Complete with backing plates their indemnity value is approximately £800 per pair...
    GC8 - I know where there is a HEUER time and motion stop watch in a shop window for £45.
    Pop yourself over to Market Rasen and have a look around the antique shops.

Without pictures - I'll let you make a good guess of what the item actually looks like.