timefactors watches

Thread: How Do I Value Heuer Stopwatches New For Old?

Banned

Re: How Do I Value Heuer Stopwatches New For Old?

It depends which Heuer stopwatches you have, the great majority of their 'common or garden' stopwatches have little value, anything from 40 to 100 at most. I believe TAG Heuer made a reissue 'Heuer' limited edition stopwatch and that was mighty expensive, so I don't think that would be fair 'new for old'.

Banned

Well I guess it's down to your insurance company. If they are happy replacing several 40ish stopwatches with several 500-700+ limited edition versions, then you'll be a happy man indeed. :mrgreen:

Technically, even the TAG Heuer re-issue limited editions aren't new, so I guess they may replace them with a non-Heuer mechanical stopwatch of a value around that of what you are claiming against. There are many on the market now (brand new) for 50ish... like these...

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&gs_nf...w=1370&bih=945

I guess if I had a Sony TV stolen, and lets say Sony didn't sell TVs anymore, then I presume I'd get a similar TV, like a Panasonic.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GC8
    Im disappointed that someone with a keen interest in Heuer pieces, feels that a thirty year old boxed, mint condition and properly serviced Heuer stopwatch is only worth a cheap nasty chinese piece as a replacement.

On a separate note, I will happily buy every similar piece that you know of for 40! Complete with backing plates their indemnity value is approximately 800 per pair...

I'm sorry??

I had no idea of the condition, service record or state of use or knowledge of box, papers or guarantee. I was not comparing them to a cheap and nasty Chinese stopwatch.

I didn't read up on the stopwatches I linked to, I simply Googled 'mechanical stopwatches', and that is what came up.
    The standard Heuer stopwatches are unbelievable bargains, I can't really fathom why they aren't a lot more valuable, they are interesting, have a rich history (inc. space flight) and beautifully made. However, the market value of them is nothing to do with me.

The Heuer stopwatches & dash timers cover a vast range from 20 to 3-4K+ for a Super Autavia. You have given no details, not a mention of the model code, year or history. Are they stopwatches, dash timers etc etc etc. I try to help, and you shoot me down with a snotty reply.
    How on earth can I or anyone give you a good answer if you are so vague with any description. It's like me simply asking.. "I have a Rolex, what's it worth"

I was just trying to answer your own question, trying to be helpful.. last time I try that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by europa
    [q. "I have a Rolex, what's it worth".
    50 :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by europa
    Im disappointed that someone with a keen interest in Heuer pieces, feels that a thirty year old boxed, mint condition and properly serviced Heuer stopwatch is only worth a cheap nasty chinese piece as a replacement.

On a separate note, I will happily buy every similar piece that you know of for 40! Complete with backing plates their indemnity value is approximately 800 per pair...

I'm sorry??

I had no idea of the condition, service record or state of use or knowledge of box, papers or guarantee. I was not comparing them to a cheap and nasty Chinese stopwatch.

I didn't read up on the stopwatches I linked to, I simply Googled 'mechanical stopwatches', and that is what came up.
    The standard Heuer stopwatches are unbelievable bargains, I can't really fathom why they aren't a lot more valuable, they are interesting, have a rich history (inc. space flight) and beautifully made. However, the market value of them is nothing to do with me.

The Heuer stopwatches & dash timers cover a vast range from 20 to 3-4K+ for a Super Autavia. You have given no details, not a mention of the model code, year or history. Are they stopwatches, dash timers etc etc etc. I try to help, and you shoot me down with a snotty reply.
    How on earth can I or anyone give you a good answer if you are so vague with any description. It's like me simply asking.. "I have a Rolex, what's it worth"

I was just trying to answer your own question, trying to be helpful.. last time I try that for you.
    :lol: :D

Can someone please post photos or reference number of Heuer stopwatch being discussed? Without a more detailed description, I would put the value of mint or new old stock Heuer stopwatch in the range between $50 and $4,000.

Jeff

I will happily buy every similar piece that you know of for 40! Complete with backing plates their indemnity value is approximately 800 per pair...
    GC8 - I know where there is a HEUER time and motion stop watch in a shop window for 45.
    Pop yourself over to Market Rasen and have a look around the antique shops.

Without pictures - I'll let you make a good guess of what the item actually looks like.