closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The "one" they hate !.......and Vinstink.....hero !

Master
    Living for the here and now , but mindful of the past.

The "one" they hate !.......and Vinstink.....hero !

I'm sure we all have one.............the watch SWMBO hates. In my case this was easy. I have an Ocean7 Ploprof which was bought as a "lets see if i like it" before a pre planned purchase of the released Omega Ploprof........which ive never got as far as buying as i find the Ocean7 version a more comfortable watch........anyway.......when the beasty first arrived SWMBO didn't really say alot, however not too long after I added a mesh from WJEAN from Canada to complete the look. Shortly after the arrival of the mesh and i expect due to the fact that we all tend to wear our new purchases alot when they first arrive, I started to get a few little digs from SWMBO.......you know the sort of things that aren't really that hurtfull but somehow you know they are going to get worse in time.

So the Ocean7 has been up for sale on a number of occasions but I only ever put it up when i see something on SC that i really want........its never sold before what I've wanted has sold to someone else, so i still have it.

Recently whilst having a wardrobe clearout and dusting off the watch winders, SWMBO asks why i don't where that horrible chain mail thing !.......I explain that I know she doesn't like it much so i avoid wearing it when i'm around her, but I do wear it. We then get into a conversation about how comfy different types of straps are and I mention that Steinhart make some really nice comfy leather, steel and rubber wrist wear, she remembers a Steinhart Triton i had that was on rubber and how comfortable i said it was..........anyway after a while i think maybe its time for the Ocean7 to go, and take some more photo's and post it up on SC again.

A deal is agreed and then when packing it up for postage SWMBO asks what am i doing !.......ive sold it and ........I get that look, you know the one where you have done something wrong......you just don't know what !..........anyway it turns out that SWMBO doesn't have a problem with the watch, but with the mesh !......and without me knowing has ventured into the world of actually buying me something watch related for Valentines day. Well i would never normally go back on a deal but not wishing to upset SWMBO especially as she is now thinking about watches for me on these special occassions, I have a quiet word with the buyer who graciously agrees to have a refund {thanks Vinstink} and the newly aquired replacement SWMBO bought rubber strap is added to the Ocean7.........and boy does it look good...... to me anyway.It fits perfectly and there is no rattly noise whilst on the wrist either and its solid and comfortable like the watch itself.......perfect. And whats more....Vinstink,hero that he already is, asked to buy the Mesh off me too......top bloke.

Anyway enjoy.......

Re: The "one" they hate !.......and Vinstink.....hero !

Haven't really got a watch the wife doesn't like as I tend to run them by her before purchase, but... my son bought me a watch for Christmas and she really doesn't like that one. But then, neither do I as it's just really cheap (£8 - he left the price tag on!) and nasty and the bracelet could be used to carve meat it's so sharp. Bear in mind my son earns more than I do...

Other than that, she likes them all and pinches them on a daily basis to wear herself even though she's got plenty of her own! If she didn't look good and take care of me, she'd be down the road! :lol:

Familiar story :)

Recently got rid of a Kienzle the wife didn't like.

On the other hand, the watches I really-really-really like, I keep and wear 'em, not matter what SWMBO says or thinks about them, or what looks they get from SWMBO.

But when I'm in doubt myself about a watch, negative comments from SWMBO tend to speed up the process :blackeye:

Let me apologise now for posting something that verges on the chauvinistic.

FFS! What on earth has it got to do with our partners what we put on our wrists? What next?

'What is that?'
    'It is my new watch.'
    'Give it here. Right. Let that be a lesson to you.'
    'Why have you just smashed my new piece?'
    'It is rubbish. You don't know what you like anymore. Get in there and make my tea.'
    'Oh. Ok.'

:twisted:

Master

That rubber looks good 8)

Craftsman

It takes me a long minutes to really understand what SWMBO mean.
    :scratch:
    Fortunately the wikitionary is my friend...
    :D

Quote Originally Posted by birdynamnam
    It takes me a long minutes to really understand what SWMBO mean.
    :scratch:
    Fortunately the wikitionary is my friend...
    :D
    +1 :wink:

Craftsman

A quick +1 for the Vinstink hero bit.

He replied to my WTB last summer and I was very happy with the purchase.

Master
    Living for the here and now , but mindful of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by jmarchitect
    Let me apologise now for posting something that verges on the chauvinistic.

FFS! What on earth has it got to do with our partners what we put on our wrists? What next?

'What is that?'
    'It is my new watch.'
    'Give it here. Right. Let that be a lesson to you.'
    'Why have you just smashed my new piece?'
    'It is rubbish. You don't know what you like anymore. Get in there and make my tea.'
    'Oh. Ok.'

:twisted:
    Lol.......i would respond to this but obviously i'm busy preparing dinner and ive still got the washing and ironing to do ! :shock:

Seriously though, I don't care if SWMBO doesn't like the watches I do{she told me i could say that}, but if i know she doesn't like a particular watch then i have plenty of others to choose from whilst i'm with her. So i can wear the one she doesn't like when im away from her, say at work or out the the guys......bottom line is that I do buy what i like, but do listen to what she says........everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if SWMBO says its wrong !.....but my point above was that i got it wrong, it was the mesh she didn't like, not the watch, and to be honest I wasn't that taken with the mesh either on this watch.

The "one" they hate !.......and Vinstink.....hero !

Mine tolerates my taste in watches, it's me that wears them not her.

Having said that, generally she doesn't like my Patek's because "they're old men's watches."

Malc

New boy alert!!

The missus thinks my favourite is the fashion watch she got me for xmas!! In fact she thinks thats my only watch!!! Keep them sweet Keep them quiet!! :wink:

p.s. Vinstink must be a hero, if i thought that was inbound then it wasnt id cry :crybaby:

You obviously haven't seen the Villain thread then, Bryan?

Nice strap and clasp. Goes really well with the Ocean7.
    Jolly good of the wife to get that for you.

My GF isn't really interested in my watches (or any others for that matter), but she will comment every now and then on what I am wearing.
    She is open to most styles, but I have found out that she can easily be annoyed by G-Shocks. :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Petej2811
    Quite frankly there are evenings when I think she'd have to go before any ofthe watches!
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x257nk ... ss-her_fun :twisted: :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by joeytheghost
    New boy alert!!

The missus thinks my favourite is the fashion watch she got me for xmas!! In fact she thinks thats my only watch!!! Keep them sweet Keep them quiet!! :wink:

p.s. Vinstink must be a hero, if i thought that was inbound then it wasnt id cry :crybaby:
    Wasn't far off.

Had to go direct to O7 - ordered Wed, being delivered tomorrow (just cleared customs)
    And only cost £3.00 more than buying from Bryan :wink:

Master

Gotta admit my other half hates all my mesh strap, too bling for her, but as long as i keep buying Rolex' and Diamond Tags she doesnt say a word, strange that isnt it :wink:

I keep one or two watches that swmbo really does not like. Very useful when deployed correctly in a "silent row".

The caveat : "be afraid, be very afraid", before you use this tactic, because when it goes wrong......

The WMD's in question; well one is the PRS 20. No I don't get it either; as she is rather fond of italian style and thinks a certain Signor V.Rossi has loads of charisma. No argument from me about the Doctor. The others? No I do not think so I have been brave ( aka foolish) enough as it is.

Hats off to Mr V for the gentlemanly conduct.