Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Smokers - the greatest invention ever in history, ever, ever

Re: Smokers - the greatest invention ever in history, ever, ever

Couldn't believe when I heard this earlier! Worlds gone crazy

Master

Smokers - the greatest invention ever in history, ever, ever

Right guys got home today and opened my new Riva
    http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/the-riva...nners%5D%7E151
    As suggested I bought some RY4 and some vision clearomiser things which are a doddle to fill up.
    This is like the future compared to my old cigalike vaped almost 6 hours solid before battery and juice needed swapping I can live with that.

The only problem is I'm now mooching round for what else I can buy this could end up like watches but if it keeps me off cigs who cares.
    Any suggestions on what to buy next guys.
    Thank you all again esp TFB for kicking this thread off and getting me interested again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bootneck
    ... The only problem is I'm now mooching round for what else I can buy this could end up like watches but if it keeps me off cigs who cares. Any suggestions on what to buy next guys. ...
    Why not go the whole hog and get a Provari? Then you've got to try a few rebuildable atties... :D

Any recommendations for sensible fluid supplies? I've been using totally wicked so far but they don't seem to have much on there site at the moment. If seen that prices are good from dekang but how long do they take and what hidden charges are lurking?

Master

After seeing ukvapers yesterday (now closed down) i personally will not be using TW.
    For juices I've used vapeescape the prices are ok not the cheapest but reasonable and they arrive on time and taste bloody nice the ones I've tried anyway. Artic honey is addictive at the moment lol

After seeing ukvapers yesterday (now closed down) i personally will not be using TW.
    For juices I've used vapeescape the prices are ok not the cheapest but reasonable and they arrive on time and taste bloody nice the ones I've tried anyway. Artic honey is addictive at the moment lol

Ok so what's happened there then? I've had a browse through that forum and I'm surprised it's closed down? If I can ask why wouldn't you use totally wicked?

Hi all

Just to add my experience of this.

This thread (thank you TFB - most appreciated) pushed me over the edge to order a supertank at the end of March.
    I liked the refillability, the larger battery, and as far as I was concerned, it didn't need to look like a cigarette at all.
    I should add that this is the first time I had tried to give up, and I wasn't even sure I was ready then.
    I just assembled it, and I've not touched tobacco since, even though I still have a pouch of Drum Gold within arms reach as I type.

Amazing. After 25 years of smoking, it really was easy.

So thanks. Really - I mean it.

I am saving a small fortune (I reckon at least £400 so far), am feeling better, and I would recommend this to anyone (only if they ask - I could never stand born-again non-smokers when I smoked).

Good prompt TFB and others, I (and my wife and kids) really appreciate it.

Dave

PS - much as I love the "Bond" pieces - this is your best thread TFB - no doubt.

PPS - short review of the Supertank.

I love it
    The battery lasts about a day and a half.
    The charger plugs into my phone charger adapters, so is really convenient.
    The cartridges last too, I have broken or lost bits off only two in 3 months. With bundles, I think I have about 8 spare so far.
    I have 2 batteries in rotation, and there is no discernable drop in battery performance so far.
    It gets lugged about in my pocket and dropped at regular intervals. It really is quite robust.
    I use about 1 bottle of e-liquid in 3 weeks, replacing a habit of about 10g of rolling tobacco a day.
    £6.50 in three weeks, or £4 a day? In money terms alone it is not a tough decision, is it?
    Some of the liquids are revoltingly sweet (Havana), so I have stuck to popular blend and virginia. The only flavoured one I have tried and like is coffee, but it's not really a coffee flavour.
    I intend to work down to low stregth eventually, but there is no problem with medium.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Corradokid

Ok so what's happened there then? I've had a browse through that forum and I'm surprised it's closed down? If I can ask why wouldn't you use totally wicked?
    I missed most of what happened on UKV, but I gather that several members were bad-mouthing TW and one of their products. "Mr. TW" joined in, and got a verbal pasting. Threw his toys out of the pram, and called in the legal bods. UKV (temporarily?) shut up shop to avoid litigation.

I've bought stuff from TW in the past, and would've continued to be a customer in the future. Not any more. Their heavy-handed response to criticism will have lost them many customers. They can't rule the internet the same way that they run their own forum.

Master

There was a review posted about TW's new odyssey they guy had a few problems with it but certainly didn't slate it just noted problems (faulty charger and switch) and said they where being rectified by TW.
    next thing the director of TW kicked off calling everyone names doesn't need customers etc etc way over the top insulting customers potential and existing all over what appeared to me a fair and honest review and actually had me registering on their site to buy one until he kicked off.
    Comes across as a very unhinged individual and may have just pulled a Ratner certainly not getting any of my money if that's how he treats people never mind customers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Full UK Vapers/Totally Wicked meltdown. All the links are in the first post in the link below.

You'll read it but you won't believe it, one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen on any forum.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...wicked-12.html

Quote Originally Posted by Corradokid
    Any recommendations for sensible fluid supplies? I've been using totally wicked so far but they don't seem to have much on there site at the moment. If seen that prices are good from dekang but how long do they take and what hidden charges are lurking?
    You can buy DeKang in the UK.

I like this site: http://vapourworld.co.uk/shop/page/1?shop_param=

What a great thread - and top marks to TFB for starting it! I've read all 21 pages... so far.

Quite interestingly, I was at a family bash last weekend and my sister produced her SkyCig kit and offered me a go. Oddly, it was... ok :shock: . Comparable, in fact, to a smoke - which, as a 20-a-day puffer of Old Holborn rollies for 20+ years, is saying a lot. So I ordered my own kit and am eagerly awaiting delivery. I am beside myself with excitement. If this works - and I have no reason to suppose it won't - it could be a life changer.

I realise the SkyCig thing is a bit "entry-level" but if it's even half decent, then I'll consider something more advanced. What attracts me to this kit is the absence of fiddling about with components - it seems to be a "snap in, get on with it" kind of solution, which, not being a "tinkerer", I find attractive. Anyhow, great stuff and congrats to all you guys who have made the switchover. Deep admiration.

Took the plunge 4 days ago with the Innokin I-Taste variable voltage set up

http://www.vapour-room.com/innokin_i...ette_white.htm

Read about it here (review)

http://www.e-cig-reviews.com/iTaste.html

So far so good, just ordered another one today for SHMBO
    Attached Images Attached Images

Master
    Living for the here and now , but mindful of the past.

Discount code

Ok ive been watching this thread for a while now and whilst talking to a friend about it, he said he'd just ordered a starter kit from skycigs.co.uk with a discount code from the Sun {code= SUN} which reduced the starter price kit to around 16 quid.........Thats cheap enough for a punt, surely ? Not sure how long it'll last for but it just worked for me tonight.

My local pub has just changed all its signs to read 'No smoking' (includes e cigarettes and vaping)...can this be right?

Quote Originally Posted by RogertheDodger View Post
    My local pub has just changed all its signs to read 'No smoking' (includes e cigarettes and vaping)...can this be right?
    Their place, their rules. Flights are now instructing that e-cigarettes are prohibited on-board and I expect they will become banned in most indoor places in time... well, here in the UK we’ll go along with it: no doubt our European cousins will ignore any such imposition. ;-)

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Ok, just a quickie. Today has been the first day since about 1983 that I haven't set fire to a weed-filled paper tube. Got to thank my sister, Mr Banana and this thread for that - oh, and the good people at JacVapour.com.

Cheers, guys. :)

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    The greatest invention ever is not the cigarette but the venetian blind.

Without it, it would be curtains for all of us.

OK, I'll get my coat.

Craftsman
    Just thought I'd pop in to see how everyone's doing. It'll be 7 months next week since I had a whiff of a cigarette, thanks in the main to this thread. :) I'm still vaping on my Silver Bullet but am now using the Vivi Nova tank... still mainly Vermillion River Kentucky Premium liquid.

My usage has dropped a lot recently, but I've also started thinking about proper cigs for the first time in ages. It's daft because I know I'd just be disappointed in myself if I had one, but it still keeps popping up in my head at the most inopportune moments. I think I'll need to knock the nicotine habit on its head entirely to ensure I don't smoke again, so I'm going to aim for that by the end of the year. I'll quite happily vape forever if it'll keep me off cigarettes, so I'm not going all out to give up... I'll give it a try and if it doesn't work I'll just continue to enjoy my vape and do my best to stay clear of the tabs.
    Last edited by pmdf; 26th August 2012 at 04:47.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurmot View Post
    I tried one of Ralphy's at a recent get together and was impressed enough to want to buy one. After an unsuccessful attempt to find something in my local highstreet, and at 3 major supermarkets I finally ordered a kit online and it was delivered today.

Interested to see how things work out.............
    Another update - As a direct result of this thread I've now been vaping for 5 months and I can honestly say it worked for me. I've smoked fewer than 20 traditional cigarettes during this time and have not touched one for about 2 months. In fact I hardly touch the E-fags either with the last time I had a drag being the first night of my holiday almost a month ago.

What I find most effective is that I can carry one around in my pocket without anyone noticing (my kids don't know I was a smoker) which gives the option of a quick "hit" without the need to buy a pack of 10 or 20, which then nag me into smoking them..........

If you are a smoker reading this and you haven't tried one, what are you waiting for? Seriously.

Big thanks to Mr Banana, and also to Ralphy for letting me have a go

Cheers - Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmot View Post
    Another update - As a direct result of this thread I've now been vaping for 5 months and I can honestly say it worked for me. I've smoked fewer than 20 traditional cigarettes during this time and have not touched one for about 2 months. In fact I hardly touch the E-fags either with the last time I had a drag being the first night of my holiday almost a month ago.

What I find most effective is that I can carry one around in my pocket without anyone noticing (my kids don't know I was a smoker) which gives the option of a quick "hit" without the need to buy a pack of 10 or 20, which then nag me into smoking them..........

If you are a smoker reading this and you haven't tried one, what are you waiting for? Seriously.

Big thanks to Mr Banana, and also to Ralphy for letting me have a go

Cheers - Simon
    Well done, Simon.

I'm in the middle east at the moment and brought my e-cigs with me. I encouraged a friend to try them and she became an immediate convert, however they are not available here so I handed over my 'stash' and just take the occasional drag off her. So far I'm not really missing them and as I'll not be able to get any until I return to the UK it will be interesting to see how I get one completely nicotein-free!

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by pmdf View Post
    Just thought I'd pop in to see how everyone's doing. It'll be 7 months next week since I had a whiff of a cigarette, thanks in the main to this thread. :) I'm still vaping on my Silver Bullet but am now using the Vivi Nova tank... still mainly Vermillion River Kentucky Premium liquid.

My usage has dropped a lot recently, but I've also started thinking about proper cigs for the first time in ages. It's daft because I know I'd just be disappointed in myself if I had one, but it still keeps popping up in my head at the most inopportune moments. I think I'll need to knock the nicotine habit on its head entirely to ensure I don't smoke again, so I'm going to aim for that by the end of the year. I'll quite happily vape forever if it'll keep me off cigarettes, so I'm not going all out to give up... I'll give it a try and if it doesn't work I'll just continue to enjoy my vape and do my best to stay clear of the tabs.
    Totally empathise. Only 3 and a bit months fag free for me, thanks to finding an all day vape (El Toro Cigarrillos). Here are a few random thoughts if it's any help:

* Tobacco contains other, more addictive substances than nicotine, so I've read on UKV and ECF and don't disbelieve it. I'm convinced it's these that we miss the most. Nicotine by itself is about as harmful and addictive as caffeine.
    * Given time, juices become boring and tasteless, unlike tobacco. This means there are times when only the scrummy aroma of tobacco with all the delicious crap it contains will satisfy...

A few things to try:
    1 Have a fag. It may be so rank it'll banish the pesky thoughts and you won't want another. (I had a puff on the last one I found in a packet in the glove box of the car. Tasted like sucking on an exhaust pipe).
    2 Try a few new juices to keep the interest up.
    3 Increase your nic level. Sounds like you may not be getting enough to stop the cravings, especially as you've cut down.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
    Totally empathise. Only 3 and a bit months fag free for me, thanks to finding an all day vape (El Toro Cigarrillos). Here are a few random thoughts if it's any help:

* Tobacco contains other, more addictive substances than nicotine, so I've read on UKV and ECF and don't disbelieve it. I'm convinced it's these that we miss the most. Nicotine by itself is about as harmful and addictive as caffeine.
    * Given time, juices become boring and tasteless, unlike tobacco. This means there are times when only the scrummy aroma of tobacco with all the delicious crap it contains will satisfy...

A few things to try:
    1 Have a fag. It may be so rank it'll banish the pesky thoughts and you won't want another. (I had a puff on the last one I found in a packet in the glove box of the car. Tasted like sucking on an exhaust pipe).
    2 Try a few new juices to keep the interest up.
    3 Increase your nic level. Sounds like you may not be getting enough to stop the cravings, especially as you've cut down.
    Thanks for the tips - some good advice there which makes a lot of sense. I'm sure that cutting down on my vaping is contributing to my recently resurfaced cigarette fantasies - I guess it's a natural response from my brain to find a solution to get more nicotine!

My only previous success in quitting smoking was cold turkey, which lasted four years. Any form of NRT, whether patches or gum, just seemed to drip-feed my addiction and cause more pain than necessary. Vaping is far better as it provides a complete smoking replacement. But my recent cutting down to nicotine levels lower than my brain actually demands (which wasn't intentional - I'm not sure why I've started vaping less while I'm still craving nicotine as much) won't work long-term, as it's the same "drip-feeding" scenario.

It's going to have to be a case of either reverting to vaping as much as I need to satisfy my nicotine requirements or going cold turkey again and quitting altogether. I'd rather I'm able to achieve the latter, but I'll settle for the former. As long as I stay off the fags! :)
    Last edited by pmdf; 26th August 2012 at 14:51.

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.
    I,ve just bit the bullet and ordered a roc-star and some juice ,i,ve been on around 20 rollie's a day for about 30 yrs ,and can't remember the last time i had a day without a ciggie ,although these are not something that's new to me i previously bought a rechargable ciggie with carts ,about 12 months ago but the batteries were absolute rubbish in the end i just got fed up with it needing recharging every ten minutes, and it just got lashed to be honest i can,t really see this one being much better although they reckon the batts are much better now ,my biggest problem though is i,ve got around 15 2oz pouches of golden virginia in the cupboard ,so we,ll see how it go,s.

Arrow

Just wanted to offer some encouragement. Well done and I wish you well. I had 20 50g packs of GV when I quit! Thankfully I work in a large office and managed to sell them at work. Made a slight loss, but was glad to get rid. I have one pack left, to be only opened in a dire emergency...

There are two keys to success with vaping: one is wanting to quit the fags and understanding that with the right kit vaping is not just a substitute, but MORE enjoyable than smoking, and two is finding a juice (or juices) that you can vape all day.

I thoroughly recommend that you check out and/or join ukvapers.org and planetofthevapes.co.uk. e-cigarette-forum.com is also good (but US based). All are excellent sources of info.

Good luck!

Master
    thanks mate i,ll give it ago although i only ordered it this afternoon so it will be wednsday by the time i manage to a have it my hand ,if it keeps me off the fags for a couple of hours a day it,ll be an improvement ,as for the G V though i,ll keep hold until the next budget and flog it for a tenner a pouch won't be much loss considering i gave about 3 quid a pouch for it ,but knowing me i,ll end up with a rollie in one hand ,and the e-cigge in the other.
    i,m also wondering wether i,ve bought the right gear although it does seem to to hve some decent reveiws i,m wondering if i,ll be able to chop and change with it.
    Last edited by the big fella; 28th August 2012 at 20:52.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Has anyone tried using these in a public indoor place yet? I’m thinking pub, restaurant, train, etc.

I’d love to try one on my next flight, purely for the reaction.....

R
    I don't think it's illeagal in fact i know it's not because ryan air were trying to cash in on them ,but some airlines seem to think they may mess with the electronics on the plane so have banned them,not that they,ve probably actually tested them of course, just that they more than likely put them in with the mobile phone theory.

I,d go in the bog and vape on it myself it's only steam so i doubt very much it would set off any smoke detectors and you won't get any envious looks,but in actual public places if anyone open's their mouth they'll be very sternly told were to go.
    Last edited by the big fella; 31st August 2012 at 00:14.

Craftsman
    Nearly 5 months in, and I've only had half a fag. It was late one night, and my batteries had run dry, and I didn't enjoy it. As I expected I soon became keen to try some different things out so have progressed through a few setups. Started with a couple of Riva batteries and some boge cartridges with some RY4 juice. Not long after I got some of the vision ego clearomizers which I found to be rather good, but not a massive step up from the boges and considerably more expensive. After a couple of months I decided I was definitely into vaping for the long haul, and that analogue fags no longer had any appeal.

I ended up buying a ProVari mini and haven't looked back. I'm using it daily with a tank for the boges and have one of clockwork's fantastic rebuildable tanks (though I managed to break that and need to send it to him for repair). I also have another rebuildable dripping atty I use for trying new flavours and a box of random carts. I tried some dual coils, and low and standard resistance CE2s but I prefer the tobacco flavours in the boges, and nothing touches the clockworks RTA for flavours.

Juice wise I bought myself some base PG, VG and nic along with about 20 different concentrated flavours and experimented a bit making up my own juices. It's very hit and miss and the best I've done is really just using RY4 then adding a drop of other things that compliment or following some fruit recipes.

Recently though I haven't been making anything as I discovered http://www.houseofliquid.com/. After reading some reviews I decided I wanted to try the El Toro Grande and bought both the Virginia Prime and the Guevara. As far as replicating a true tobacco flavour these are simply incredible, with a coffee in the morning or a beer in the evening nothing else will do for me now. I also got a bottle of the Eden, a tobacco with apple flavour and it's divine. It's my favourite afternoon vape and I will be trying out more in the range soon.

I've lent my original kit to a friend and he is making good progress with it which is really pleasing and to anyone thinking of trying it just do!

Master
    Not doing to bad on this 5 day's had a couple puff's on a fag but taste,s like D S ,so slung it ,i bought some liquid from exhale.co.uk worked out around £13.50 for 2x 20 mls inc post but if you buy some ,check out with the coupon type in ECR69,' exhale' for 10% off ,also went up to wigan yesterday to Totally wicked and bought some of their liquid ry4 £8.99 for 20mls expensive and not overly impressed with it ,i also came away with a tank and atomiser at the cost of £11.99 but it worked well with the batts i have and loads of clouds everytime you puff on it.

I bought a rok star kit from rok initially wasn,t really that impressed and rok asked me why so i reported the batteries didn,t seem to be be operating as they should and the lady said,'it could be the charger and i received another charger and they,ve also sent me out 2 tanks and 2 optimiser's so good sign's of excellent customer service here and i'll try and work it with them rather than just send it back ,the roc juice is quite nice also i bought the tobacco flavour sweet with a hint of caramel but just a little too sweet for me,and not really the best of buy's @£6.99 10mls.

just a thought did anyone try the so called nrt nicotine nasal spray before they bought their e-cig ? if you want to know what f@@k@@g disgusting is i,ve got some here it will put you off packing the fags in forever,anyone care to try ?
    Last edited by the big fella; 20th September 2012 at 14:31.

Master
    I'm still smoking although down to about 3 a day I'm now using a chameleon 18650 battery and a Penelope rebuildable although when I get it worng I end up using a vivi nova. Lasts me the whole day around 12 hours ish till I swap batteries and top up the tank I'm still using RY4 although I'm now buying from Vapistvapours.co.uk great service and loads of flavours to try. I've still not found that perfect all day flavour yet but massively cut down on my smoking. I've never had a problem on planes using it or anywhere for that matter. I need to try a better rebuildable atty I think as the Penelope is a little hit and miss for me (probably just me) but I'm very happy vaping thanks TFB

Quote Originally Posted by the big fella View Post
    I,d go in the bog and vape on it myself it's only steam so i doubt very much it would set off any smoke detectors...
    I did - and it didn't. ;-)

R

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I did - and it didn't. ;-)

R
    Glad to hear it ralph ,did you have any problems getting though the check in,s with it ?

Just heard on the news that a new medical study just published shows that e-cigarettes are harmful. You may want to google it. It's recent news.

Master

I had a chest infection and couldn't smoke for a couple of weeks. When the infection cleared up, I didn't fancy smoking and I haven't smoked ever since.
    I still miss smoking but I won't be taking it up again.

My dad never needed any of these gadgets to stop smoking.

He reckoned it was so easy he'd done it hundreds of times.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by o u t a t i m e View Post
    Just heard on the news that a new medical study just published shows that e-cigarettes are harmful. You may want to google it. It's recent news.
    It does not matter what research says, it can't be worse than smoking cigarettes.

I have never tried efags. I quit smoking cold turkey 3 months ago from a 10-a-day habit. If I should relpase, I'll be sure to try an electronic cigarette first though !

Quote Originally Posted by clicker View Post
    It does not matter what research says
    Fair enough. Carry on.

Hi all,

just wanted to say thanks to TFB for starting this thread. I've a mate over here who started vaping a cig-a-like a couple of months ago, I had a go but wasn't that impressed. However, this thread gave me an incentive to do a bit of research.

I didn't really want to give up smoking. I enjoy it too much and still have my health. My only real incentive was economical, but I travel a lot so have always had a source of cheap cigs. It was the idea of being able to 'accidentally' give up fags that attracted me to vaping rather than any real desire to stop.

I decided that no fuss and good battery life were important along with good vape production and the ability to use liquids for convenience and choice, so i went for an 'intermediate' kit as opposed to the small battery capacity ecigs and cartomisers.

I got myself an Ego-C and some menthol juices, started vaping on arrival, loved it and haven't had a fag since.

It's only been 3 weeks but I am well happy. I've managed to resist temptation for a proper fag and stuck to vaping at a few boozy parties and a 3 day trade show, the very places I would normally go from my 10 a day, to a pack and a half a night. I reckon having managed that, that vaping is the complete substitute and has worked perfectly for me.

I bought a CE2 clearomiser along with the C kit and it is very good, but the standard C tanks and atomisers seem equally as good so I shall just stick with them once the CE2 gives up the ghost.

As a full strength menthol smoker I went for Halo Coolmist liquid and also some Crystal menthocalyptus. I like them both in their own way, the Halo is sweeter, the Crystal dryer with a stronger menthol flavour. I went for 18mg and 12mg and vape the 18 during the day and 12 in the evenings.

well thanks again TFB and I highly recommend it to anyone whether they intend to give up fags or not.
    all the best

Andy

Just ordered the same kit as Banana, will post my experiences when it arrives.

Master
    Has anyone used the slow postage for health cabin could tell me how long the slow post takes ? I,ve been going quite well on this now haven,t really been smoking cigs much 1or2 a day but i only wanted to cut down not pack in altogether, i feel it,s easier if you tell your self if you want a ciggie have one rather than totally deny your self altogether.
    I'm now reaching for the e-cig rather than the tobacco this is a big improvement for me i,m even getting up in the morning and not bothering at all,today i didn,t even think about smoking until around 1 pm ,before i,d have smoked about 5 one after the other ,health wise i feel alot better after only two weeks .
    Around the pubs in liverpool no one as even battered an eye-lid and i,m finding people are more curious than critical,I,m not hiding it either i,m sitting by the bar puffing away on it when i feel like ,so no problems with it all .

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I started ona Genesis Echo today, 11ooomap battery should last me the day alang with full strength 24ml Nicotine should do the job.

Will see how we get on over the weekend.
    Last edited by ben4watches; 21st September 2012 at 13:03.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Well, it's now nigh on nine months since I started this thread, and I haven't lapsed once or been tempted to.

No congratulations are deserved regarding my willpower - I don't have any.

I'm still vaping and loving it.

So clever my foot fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by o u t a t i m e View Post
    Harmful to the Treasury, sure. :)

Edit: woohoo - 100 posts! Slow but steady: that's me.

Another edit: hot news from The Mail here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-problems.html

HM Govt appears to be "concerned about the health" of the 650,000 who have switched to E-cigs.
    Last edited by squareleg; 21st September 2012 at 13:33.

Craftsman
    That daily mail article is full of inaccuracies (surprise supervise). There has been a spate of bad press recently a lot of it stemming from an article regarding aireway resistance after usage. It appears to have been badly constructed and reported and there is a good analysis here: http://www.express.co.uk/features/vi...ic-E-Cigarette, and here: http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/as...age-study.html

The oft citied quote from parliament ‘Some electronic cigarettes have been tested by local authority trading standards departments and have been found to pose a potential danger to consumers.’ is a great example of being misleading. The potential danger came from a batch of bad chargers which were withdrawn, and yet it reads as if the ecig itself posed a health risk.

I'm not saying categorically there are no ill effects of vaping, but I have yet to see anything to suggest it is anywhere near as bad as smoking.

Master
    I prefer this report myself.

http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/as...you-horny.html

ha ha
    Last edited by the big fella; 22nd September 2012 at 03:00.

Thanks Banana, you were my inspiration. I have only had one previous attempt to stop smoking, in 1985. It hurt so much I try not to think about it
    I am 48 and had my first smoke aged six (I know), in next doors garden shed with my mate. His mum caught us and I got the hiding of my life when my dad got home. I never looked back and was taking ten a day to school by the time I was 12. (19p for ten NO.10 if I remember correctly)
    I see myself as a fairly addicted smoker and have been known to behave irrationally and totally out of character when deprived of cigs for more than an hour and a half. It's not the lack of cigs it's the thought of not knowing when my next one would be.

It has now been a week since I smoked a cig and so far it has been easy, I almost feel like a fraud, people congratulating me etc. I just show them the kit and look slightly embarrassed at the praise. Minimal effort as far as I am concerned but it feels great!
    This is only stage one but if stage two never happens, (no nicotine at all) then so what.

I would like to thank TFB for starting this thread and all who have contributed, you have changed my life.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Well, it's now nigh on nine months since I started this thread, and I haven't lapsed once or been tempted to.

No congratulations are deserved regarding my willpower - I don't have any.

I'm still vaping and loving it.

I temporarily lapsed after seven months - took the kids to Disneyland Paris a couple of weeks back and ended up buying a couple of packs of cigs while out there. I hadn't taken along my main e-cig, but a smaller one more equipped for stealth-vaping and it wasn't delivering enough of a kick for me. Besides it seemed like I was the only adult in the theme parks not smoking, so it'd have been rude not to! Thanks to e-cigs I was able to resume vaping when I got home, without it feeling like an effort at all or lapsing back into full-time smoking.

Oh, and the cigarettes I smoked, despite being the exact same ones that I smoked for 25 plus years previously, tasted bloody awful. In the past after quitting cold turkey and then resuming the habit, they always tasted great, but there's something about vaping that makes real tobacco taste terrible afterwards. I don't understand it, but it definitely helps!
    Last edited by pmdf; 29th September 2012 at 16:53.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by millie-mail View Post
    Thanks Banana, you were my inspiration. I have only had one previous attempt to stop smoking, in 1985. It hurt so much I try not to think about it
    I am 48 and had my first smoke aged six (I know), in next doors garden shed with my mate. His mum caught us and I got the hiding of my life when my dad got home. I never looked back and was taking ten a day to school by the time I was 12. (19p for ten NO.10 if I remember correctly)
    I see myself as a fairly addicted smoker and have been known to behave irrationally and totally out of character when deprived of cigs for more than an hour and a half. It's not the lack of cigs it's the thought of not knowing when my next one would be.

It has now been a week since I smoked a cig and so far it has been easy, I almost feel like a fraud, people congratulating me etc. I just show them the kit and look slightly embarrassed at the praise. Minimal effort as far as I am concerned but it feels great!
    This is only stage one but if stage two never happens, (no nicotine at all) then so what.

I would like to thank TFB for starting this thread and all who have contributed, you have changed my life.
    Well done and enjoy your ecig! Stage two may come in time or you may choose to stick with vaping. I'd wager that either way you're going to much happier and better off than as a smoker. :)

Quote Originally Posted by pmdf View Post
    Well done and enjoy your ecig! Stage two may come in time or you may choose to stick with vaping. I'd wager that either way you're going to much happier and better off than as a smoker. :)
    Thanks very much. I may have given up cigarettes but my my willpower is still rubbish, borne out by the fact that I have just ordered, clearomisers, supertank batteries and eliquid. It's saving me money in the long run, added to the health benefits. Thats my justification anyway!

Update from me: I used to be 10-a day smoker but considerably worse when drinking. Back when the sun was out I had an evening in a pub garden and managed to finish 20 cigarettes in 4 hours. The hangover was much much worse than usual. I began cutting down but knew I would have to stop soon and would need help. I read this thread with interest and a bought a Starter kit from LibertyFlights not longer after. Easy to use and I switched almost immediately. Nice smooth nicotine hit though the taste of the "Virginia" liquid is awful. There's a an oiliness to the aftertaste I don't like either.

Some benefits are immediate; my sense of smell has improved immediately and I can taste food ("My God! Tomatoes are amazing!"). I've gone from being a 10k runner to a comfortable 15k runner. Perhaps there's some aversion therapy at play here too as I've found I vape less and less as I don't like the taste. The acid test was last weekend when I spent almost the whole afternoon in a pub with beers. Didn't vape or crave a fag at all.

In my man-bag I still have a half-used pack of Marlboros and a lighter. Untouched for a month now.