closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Smokers - the greatest invention ever in history, ever, ever

I wonder when the guvmint will start taxing the hell out vape juice?

Craftsman
    See what happens with the TPD in May. Some of the stuff I've read related to it wouldn't be too good for us vapers.

For those not familiar with it here's a bit more information.

https://cigelectric.co.uk/e-cig-uk-regulation-2016/

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    I wonder when the guvmint will start taxing the hell out vape juice?
    It won't be long Imo the Italians have just been slammed with 10E - 10ml bottle even the nic free doesn't escape the duty .

My advice would be stock up as much as you can because it's quite possible we could all be vaping on one of those shitty little vype sticks seamster 73 is sucking on in his post above.

Finding yourself a decent mod that takes18650 batteries and building your own tanks is the way to go in my opinion i've recently bought three mods two take 18650's and a 50 w Istick and spent 40 quid on liquids from the link i posted above that's working out at a £1 for 10mls with his current offer , but i'm also considering DIY'ing my own liquid too.

A lot of what could be about to happen could may well depend on the outcome of this not just here but all over Europe and regards of how you feel about them if you haven't already sign their petition.

http://article20legalchallenge.com/media/
    Last edited by the big fella; 9th April 2016 at 19:39.

Master
    I bought an iStick Pico today:

http://www.vapingman.co.uk/products/...o-75w-kit.html

I really like it so far. I didn’t think I’d take to straight-to-lung but it simply feels like the natural thing to do with the Pico. t don’t plan to get into the temperature control possibilities as I have never delved into how it all works, so I have just left in on Wattage mode. I haven’t felt the need to go above 35 W. In fact I am not entirely sure what I could expect at 75W.

It seems to produce a better flavour than the T18 and better vapour, with control over the tightness of the draw, all of which make it a worthwhile upgrade. The T18 is excellent though, and it is a lot lighter in the pocket than the Pico, which is a solid little lump.

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    I bought an iStick Pico today:

http://www.vapingman.co.uk/products/...o-75w-kit.html

I really like it so far. I didn’t think I’d take to straight-to-lung but it simply feels like the natural thing to do with the Pico. t don’t plan to get into the temperature control possibilities as I have never delved into how it all works, so I have just left in on Wattage mode. I haven’t felt the need to go above 35 W. In fact I am not entirely sure what I could expect at 75W.

It seems to produce a better flavour than the T18 and better vapour, with control over the tightness of the draw, all of which make it a worthwhile upgrade. The T18 is excellent though, and it is a lot lighter in the pocket than the Pico, which is a solid little lump.
    The pico looks like a decent device SI to vape at 75w you would need a lower resistance coil personally i feel it's a bit of a gimmick and the Chinese seem to bring these things out now quicker than apple do with the iPhone.

Which ATM is the TC on these devices for me these higher wattage batteries just mean the battery will last long between charges i'm currently using an I-STICK 50W the battery is lasting around 3 days of constant vaping at around 14w which is plenty for me ,but if your going to vape at 35w watts make sure you half the nicotine in the juice unless your already vaping around 6ml or you'll end up with headache like you've never experienced before . here's a link to a site you'll find some good info .

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/

Master
    I’m getting on pretty well with the Pico. The coils (0.3 and 0.5 ohm) that come with the kit are rated roughly similarly at 30W up to beyond the 75W maximum power of the device. I’ve tried 50-60W and I cannot really detect a significant benefit over using it at 35W.

Agreed re halving the strength. I get on fine with 3 mg/ml and only occasionally hanker for a little more kick. I sometimes add in a bit of 6 mg/ml of the same stuff.

I also got a Triton 2 tank. The Melo 3 is good but I very quickly realised that the 2 ml capacity is too small. I also wanted to be able to swap flavours. The Triton 2 holds about 3.5 ml I think. The coil is 0.5 ohm and is rated at 40 - 45 W. It has an airier draw and better flavour than the Melo, without doubt.

Juices:
    Currently on Fixx Loop de Loop, Tasty Cloud Skyline, The Vial Cafe Latte.

The Pico takes 18650. As I already had 2 good quality 18650s and a decent Xtar charger, that appealed to me. However, the Pico needs flat topped 18650s it seems. Mine are not so hence I came to the matter of a couple of spare batteries. A bit of research indicated that 1) the Samsung 25R would meet my modest wattage needs and 2) the world of batteries is full of fakes, “re-wraps” and other such nonsense. As the average punter can’t have a look inside, and when even the genuine item may have no branding or any form of tamperproof method of external identification whatsoever, the fakers have it easy.

I ordered this from Batteriesplus.co.uk

http://batteriesplus.co.uk/acatalog/....html#SID=1123

I was hoping to receive the batteries pictured therein as there was at least some semblance of an effort to make them identifiable as the genuine item.

I received batteries that looked like this:

As seen on this random American site:
    https://www.smokersoutletonline.com/...-2500-mah.html

I appreciate that even the genuine items are unbranded like this. Should I be concerned? I chose that model because it has a maximum discharge current that is adequate for my needs and with these cells I have no way whatsoever of knowing if they are what I ordered.

Buy from torchythebatteryboy on eBay or direct from him on ukvapers.org. 25r's are about 12 quid delivered. Highly respected and really knows his onions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 quid a pair I meant to put.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I asked Batteriesplus about this and received a helpful reply from Sean. This type of battery needs to be labelled with specific information before they can be sent in the post, hence the sticky label. I am embarrassed to be able to confirm that removing the sticky label reveals the Samsung stencilling on the sales page.

I hope I have got it right that 25Rs are adequate for my usage (usually 35 - 40 W, occasionally 45 W) with a continuous discharge rating of 22W, given that I don’t go anywhere near the 75 W maximum available.

A great news story this morning:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-36139618

Hopefully these kinds of proper authoratitive reports will finally shut down the spurioous and misleading guff that comes out from those whose interests are threatened by vaping.
    So clever my foot fell off.

They don't want you to give up smoking, it's why they've tried to stop vaping. Simples. Imagine the tax take they'd loose? Also, if we all gave up, too many more people would be living longer, blocking up what's left of the NHS, if, of course, you subscribe to the 'smoking gives you cancer' line. Cancer comes after you smoker or not, pure lottery IMO but I'm sure there's plenty of stats to prove me wrong.
    As a smoker, I can confirm that an ecig to hand stops me from rolling one. Go figure.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bongo View Post
    They don't want you to give up smoking, it's why they've tried to stop vaping. Simples. Imagine the tax take they'd loose?
    This. Vaping threatens the status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by bongo View Post
    They don't want you to give up smoking, it's why they've tried to stop vaping. Simples. Imagine the tax take they'd loose? Also, if we all gave up, too many more people would be living longer, blocking up what's left of the NHS, if, of course, you subscribe to the 'smoking gives you cancer' line. Cancer comes after you smoker or not, pure lottery IMO but I'm sure there's plenty of stats to prove me wrong.
    As a smoker, I can confirm that an ecig to hand stops me from rolling one. Go figure.
    I thought about this yesterday. It was reported that 2.5 million people are now vaping in the UK; if all those previously smoked a pack of cigarettes a day, that's a loss of at least £2.5 BILLION a year in tax revenue.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Well, I am about 6 weeks in now. I’ve cracked once or twice - bought a pack of 10, smoked one or two, then dumped the rest. The cracking came about due to a feeling that I just needed more nicotine, combined with a sort of curiosity to make a comparison - after 6 weeks off cigarettes, 35 years of smoking - between the two methods of nicotine delivery. On both occasions I found my former love, Marlboro Lights, to be 1) a bit rank and 2) not as effective as I thought in delivering a “hit”. I was actually glad to revert to my vape.

Has anyone taken an interest in which e-liquids are safest? This might be an unpopular view, but I’d welcome a bit of regulation. I’m astonished at how few vendors make any effort at all in this regard, given the immense profit margins involved. Even some well established companies (Charlie’s Chalk Dust, for example) seem to think it is ok to provide no info on the ingredients at all, no batch numbers, no expiry dates. No effort at all to develop flavours specifically for vaping purposes.

Speaking of Charlie’s, one of my current juices is Dream Cream. I gave it a bit of a Google and came across this article:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/268974991...Liquid-Testing

As you can see, Dream Cream is one of the worst offenders for acetyl propionyl. (I appreciate that there is a lot of controversy over the significance of levels of dactyl and other such compounds, and also that there are high levels in some foods and in cigarette smoke). And apologies if this has already been covered earlier in the thread.

Anyway, have any of you made choices of e-liquids with safety in mind? If so, which brands do you find most convincing? Or have any of you gone down the DIY route in order to feel more confident about this aspect of vaping?

Congrats on switching! Thanks to the TFB's first post, I've been vaping for four years now and tried just about everything (as you do). It's a sensible precaution to be concerned about what goes into ejuices, but I've stuck primarily to Hangsen juices (cheap, good and easily available) and personally had no problems.

Perhaps it should, but what goes into juices hasn't concerned me much TBH. Does anyone really know for sure? If not, are we prepared to do the research and find out? Does anyone really have the time/inclination? Do we smoke or vape in the interim? How much of the online info is trustworthy/dubious? How is it that two 'experts' can disagree? Do we know what extra nasties the tobacco companies put in fags to keep us addicted (allegedly)?

In any event, I'm sure I'm in the majority where, in the absence of any clear knowledge to the contrary, and based on my own experience, I'm still prepared to believe that vaping widely available juices from the major manufacturers is better/safer than smoking and that's good enough for me.

Craftsman
    I belevie the testing of liquid is something that is going to be covered in the TPB which will come into play next Friday. I think we will see quite a lot of juice dissapear from our shelves.

I'm not too concerned as i don't like the custard type vapes that are the usual diacetyl culprits.

Plus i make my own juice, pharmacutical grade nicotine, PG and VG, the only slight unknown is the flavour concentrates, though i only buy good ones from big brands. Cheap as chippy chips, cost me less than £8 for 100ml

I certainly wouldn't vape anything known to contain diacetyl, i wouldn't vape hangsen juice ether, cheap nasty Chinese rubbish

Brighty

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I thought about this yesterday. It was reported that 2.5 million people are now vaping in the UK; if all those previously smoked a pack of cigarettes a day, that's a loss of at least £2.5 BILLION a year in tax revenue.

Eddie
    That is the crux of the problem for governments - on one hand they're losing billions in revenue, but on the other it would be a tough sell to tax vaping to the same level given the reported health benefits of switching to vaping.

For me personally, I've gone from smoking nearly £15 of cigars a day to only vaping - and I mix my own liquids to get the cost down even further which means HMRC get even less VAT from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stoat View Post
    That is the crux of the problem for governments - on one hand they're losing billions in revenue, but on the other it would be a tough sell to tax vaping to the same level given the reported health benefits of switching to vaping.

For me personally, I've gone from smoking nearly £15 of cigars a day to only vaping - and I mix my own liquids to get the cost down even further which means HMRC get even less VAT from me.
    It's not that simple though, they save money through fewer NHS treatments of smoking related diseases but on the other hand pay out more in pensions to those who would have died earlier through smoking. Complex calculation.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Incoming!

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    [...] i wouldn't vape hangsen juice ether, cheap nasty Chinese rubbish [...]

Brighty
    Sez you. But it's not as bad as all that and it's kept me off the fags for four years!

Master
    I think I am starting to go off the sub-ohm / direct lung method to some degree. I’m just not that keen on blowing these massive clouds, certainly outside my home.

For mouth-to-lung, as well as my Innokin Endura T18 (which is an excellent device), I use a Nautilus Mini on my Pico mod. This comes with Nautilus mini BVC coils, but I use the Triton Mini Clapton coils (1.8 ohm) which seem to be a bit more flavoursome. They operate at 13 - 16W. I think I use this about 50% of the time.

For sub-ohm, I have the Melo 3 that comes with the Pico, and a Triton 2. Both go through juice like there’s no tomorrow. Relying solely on either of these at work would require bringing a bottle of juice.

Mechanical mods: I’m a bit confused about this. Why would it be a bad idea for me to bung any of the 3 tanks I have mentioned above on a mechanical mod?

Very interesting and balanced article here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36338280

So, it is even possible that vaping could be good for you.... lol
    So clever my foot fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Very interesting and balanced article here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36338280

So, it is even possible that vaping could be good for you.... lol

The article is from a Horizon programme which is on this Sunday

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07c6ll4

I've tried vaping on and off for a few years without much success just with the usual cheap pens. As I really need to give up the cigarettes with a baby on the way. So I decided to try out a better kit.

I went for an Aspire K4 kit after much googling (they are £40 in my local shop but Amazon Prime have them for under £24 now) and have just loaded it up and tried it out tonight. It is in a whole different league from I've ever tried before!

With the old pens, I used to use a strong 25ml but I soon got confused by all these new PG & VG ratio's, sub-ohming, etc. On the recommendation of the local vape shop, I'm using a high VG menthol/spearmint but they are quite expensive so I've ordered some Heisenberg high HVG from here: http://www.onepoundeliquid.com/10ml-...nberg-hvg.html and some other mint ones (without the high VG I'm hoping that they'll work ok). At only £1 each, they work out about a fifth the price of the local vape shops.

Can anyone tell me how long I can expect the coils to last and any links to a good affordable High VG Mint/Menthol E-Liquid?

It's very early days, but I'm hoping that this helps me to kick the habit at long last!

Coul life is dependant on lots of factors, how often you vape, temperature settings, the viscosity of the juice, my wife gets well over a week to a coil but I seem to change mine after 3-4 days, hers is a Aspire K1, mine are Aspire Nautilus. (Coils are a lot cheaper online too, my shop sells them for £2.50 each but I pay £8 for 5 online ) The darker the juice the faster they wear out in my experience.
    Good luck with it, I also found the difference between corner shop sticks and proper kit chalk and cheese too.
    Last edited by JasonM; 31st May 2016 at 20:02.

Coul life is dependant on lots of factors, how often you vape, temperature settings, the viscosity of the juice, my wife gets well over a week to a coil but I seem to change mine after 3-4 days, hers is a Aspire K1, mine are Aspire Nautilus. (Coils are a lot cheaper online too, my shop sells them for £2.50 each but I pay £8 for 5 online ) The darker the juice the faster they wear out in my experience.
    Good luck with it, I also found the difference between corner shop sticks and proper kit chalk and cheese too.
    Cheers Jason

Craftsman
    +1 for Jasonm!

I have been using the Aspire Nautilus (with BVC coils) since they came out. I have yet to use and find anything to replace it.

Again I buy the coils online @ £8 per 5 pack.

I also mix my own juice, and so it is even cheaper on an ongoing basis.
    Last edited by Mainspring; 31st May 2016 at 21:15. Reason: Additional info

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooros View Post
    Flavours online are a lottery but I have no other choice. What I cannot understand is the whole custard thing. Sickening, sweet, fake vanilla. Some favourites so far are Digby's Oriental Plunder and Joose Juice caramel blend. Most things I've tried aren't to my taste.
    I totally agree . Digby's Oriental Plunder and Gunpowder were my goto daily vapes with Moriya's Mix as a menthol alternative. All the other ones I've tried tend to taste like kids sweets . I want something complex and taseteful ( I've just ordered some Dr Jekyll from Digby's).

I've heard good things about Black Note ejuice which is tobacco based . I'm not such a wild one for the tobacco juices but I think thats because most of them are dreadful ( one of the reasons people try e-cigs and reject them is the nasty tobacco based flavours). However Oriental pllunder has some sweet tobacco flavour to it and teh Black Note range sounds like its a bit special.

Any other ones for those of us that don't want to smoke bubblegum and custard all day?

Just to revisit this thread, Ive switched to Clapton coils in my Nautilus and have noticed a decent difference, I can up the wattage and get better flavour and Im pretty sure they are lasting a lot longer too...

Just to revisit this thread, Ive switched to Clapton coils in my Nautilus and have noticed a decent difference, I can up the wattage and get better flavour and Im pretty sure they are lasting a lot longer too...
    What are the Clapton coils? I have an Aspire Nautilus which I'm happy with but if there's an improvement to be had, I'm up for it.

Eddie

Thicker wire so the wattage can be increased giving higher temperatures apparently.
    They are only listed for the Triton tank but they fit the Nautilus ( I can only speak for the Mini Nautilus as thats what I have but I think the coils are the same )

These are the ones I have.... No endorsement for the seller, just the first link I came to.

http://www.ecigaspire.co.uk/offers.p...ack/p/56794620
    Last edited by JasonM; 20th June 2016 at 16:25.

Thanks,

Eddie

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    I want something complex and taseteful
    Have you tried any of the Manabush e-liquids? Some excellent complex flavours. I like the Spiritwalker “tobacco-free” range - they are still quite tobacco-ish.

The only tobacco flavour I have really liked so far is CRFT’s Aesop Fig and Leaf - absolutely lovely.

Craftsman
    Bought myself an Arc 3 vaper. Only around 30 hours without a real fag, yes still counting! Feeling pretty good though.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Good of on you Mark, keep up the good work

Out if interest how many cigerettes where you smoking a day?

Quote Originally Posted by Markw View Post
    Bought myself an Arc 3 vaper. Only around 30 hours without a real fag, yes still counting! Feeling pretty good though.

Craftsman
    Thanks Ben. 20 a day, a lot of times more. Enjoying not stinking up the house, car and myself. Still getting used to taking in the right amount, without coughing.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I was 30-40 a day and am now down to usually 4 a day.

previously when i have vaped I ditched cigerettes completely and 3 times previously I have gone back on the fags, now I have a couple in the morning before work and 1 or 2 before i go to bed depending what time I hit the sack. I'm quite happy with this for the moment as I am saving a fortune and my chest is nowhere near as tight.

Carefull though Mark, you will always want another mod

image hosting no register

Quote Originally Posted by Markw View Post
    Thanks Ben. 20 a day, a lot of times more. Enjoying not stinking up the house, car and myself. Still getting used to taking in the right amount, without coughing.

Master
    Over 6 months off the cigs since switching to vaping. That’s after 35 years of smoking, a good part of that on roll-ups. I didn’t succeed with nicotine patches, gum or tablets, nor with Champix.

The sub-ohm set-ups lie unused, and I almost always just use the Innokin T18. That’s partially because my understanding of the available research (such as it is) leads me to believe that it’s best to inhale as little of this stuff as possible, but also because I prefer the more cigarette-like experience.

I'm currently using a Kangetech Evod Mega battery and Nautilus Mini tank, with juice from House of Vapes - Foggy Dew's a good one by Craft Vapes, and I've got this one coming next week:

https://www.houseofvapeslondon.co.uk...nt=18198191684

I'm down to 3 roll ups a day in the week (one on the way to work, one at dinner, and one on the way home) and a couple at weekends. It helps that my wife absolutely hates smoking, and I've never smoked in front of the kids so switching to the vape has been a revelation for me. I can sneak off for a puff and there's no tell-tale smell - keeps me sane.

The vape set up and liquid makes a massive difference and after going from rubbish cig-a-likes, to an Ego CC, and a multitude of nasty liquids, I'm finally getting it and actually enjoy the vape more than the ciggies.

I charge the battery once a week and get through a coil every two weeks. I want to try one of those little zippo size batteries though so if anyone's got a recommendation I'd appreciate it.

Master
    Gravel Pit by Crft is also excellent. Unfortunately, I am told that CRFT will no longer be sold in the UK once existing stocks run out as they are unable to meet EU regs (so say my local Vape Emporium).

Banned
    Just back fromThailand, where the use of ecigs is banned, so went back on the ciggies...

Back and straight to the vape shop for a new set up - I feel a new one will motivate me more.

Vaporesso Target Pro - http://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits-target-pro-vape-kit

Good size for me and loads of features, but as I’m a bit thick, the fella in the shop fiddled to get my settings, seemingly 32w works for me. Ceramic coils seem a good shout and it has a complete flow shut off to stop any drips in transit.

Added some 0.3mg coffee flavour juice (Crumbles Cafe Brulee) and I’m back on the road to non-smoking...

EDIT: Anyone know what the temperature setting should be?

Ignore that, apparently I am using the wattage screen, which overides any temp setting. I am at 32w and it’s fairly strong - does a lower wattage decrease the ‘strength’?
    Last edited by burnsey66; 23rd October 2016 at 13:22.

Over 6 months off the cigs since switching to vaping. That’s after 35 years of smoking, a good part of that on roll-ups. I didn’t succeed with nicotine patches, gum or tablets, nor with Champix.

The sub-ohm set-ups lie unused, and I almost always just use the Innokin T18. That’s partially because my understanding of the available research (such as it is) leads me to believe that it’s best to inhale as little of this stuff as possible, but also because I prefer the more cigarette-like experience.
    I gave up smoking following 40 years of 20 a day and bought a TC sub-ohm kit, didn't quite hit the mark for me either - as I believe the large drip tips means you will be going 'straight to lung'. Then after some advice I went to a mini-nautilis and an eleaf mod. Tight airflow and smaller tip created a tight draw which was just like the technique for smoking cigarettes 'mouth to lung' - now couldn't be happier. Using Nanabozho from Manabush and Dragon Rise Campfire Custard as an alternative on 10w. Still love the smell of tobacco, but really don't feel need to smoke as the technique I use with the ekit is just the same.

Derek

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    I was 30-40 a day and am now down to usually 4 a day.

Carefull though Mark, you will always want another mod

image hosting no register
    That's a big difference. Been tempted to get a packet of fags, just in case. I can see myself doing the same thing eventually.

That looks like some serious kit. What are the benefits of modded ones?

What watts do people like vaping at? The guy in the shop set mine to 13.5. Mostly been using that, sometimes a little less. Found the higher settings too hot.

The postman delivered this yesterday, my first go at vaping. After quite a bit of research I got an i-stick 30W and a nautilus mini tank.
    So far I am very impressed, seems like a good set-up. I was very surprised at the small size of the i-stick, I was expecting something much larger, with the nautilus mini tank it's a nice little package and slips in my pocket easy enough.
    I am starting out on 6mg juice but must have overdone it last night because I had what seemed to be a bit of a nicotine hangover this morning and a very dry mouth.

So I am wondering at what wattage I should have this set up on? What is the correlation? I guess the higher the power the more smoke, any other benefits to more power?
    One other thing - has anyone had any problems getting these things through airport security?

I had the same set up for a while and from memory had it on 8 or 9 w .
    Cheers..
    Jase

I had the same set up for a while and from memory had it on 8 or 9 w .
    That works well. Thanks.

I think I am starting to go off the sub-ohm / direct lung method to some degree. I’m just not that keen on blowing these massive clouds, certainly outside my home.

For mouth-to-lung, as well as my Innokin Endura T18 (which is an excellent device), I use a Nautilus Mini on my Pico mod. This comes with Nautilus mini BVC coils, but I use the Triton Mini Clapton coils (1.8 ohm) which seem to be a bit more flavoursome. They operate at 13 - 16W. I think I use this about 50% of the time.

For sub-ohm, I have the Melo 3 that comes with the Pico, and a Triton 2. Both go through juice like there’s no tomorrow. Relying solely on either of these at work would require bringing a bottle of juice.

Mechanical mods: I’m a bit confused about this. Why would it be a bad idea for me to bung any of the 3 tanks I have mentioned above on a mechanical mod?
    Mechanical mods
    A true mechanical mod is (for instance) a battery, spring, mechanical switch, 510 connection, tube and end-cap. Accepting losses the voltage at the atomiser is the same as the battery so 4.2v down to maybe 3.3v (as battery voltage depletes from use). Some have an electronic switch and some are voltage regulated and so are not true mechanical mods.
    To answer your question it is simply down to the battery used. Assuming the switch contacts and wiring are capable, (most are) then taking battery voltage at 4.2 and using a 0.5 ohm coil the current drawn from the battery is 4.2/0.5 =8 amps and some change. Your battery must have a continuous rating of at least 10 amps to be safe. In real terms if you vape the above set up with a battery that has a 6 amp continuous rating and you hammer it, it may start to make funny noises, feel a bit warm and then suddenly let go and vent down the tube. (It may be in your mouth and your little finger may be covering the vent hole underneath) So you can imagine the outcome. (Yes i know protected batteries are supposed to prevent this but they don't always.)
    Battery problems are made worse by the fact that there are only a few manufacturers, Sony, Panasonic, LG etc. These issue data sheets for their batteries and we can select batteries that are suitable for our purpose applying ohms law to our coils to select high current draw batteries if needed. The problem is made worse by lots of battery, "repackagers", from, ultrafire, trustfire and any other fire you can think of, to names we know and trust like AW and Efest.(Yes thats right folks AW and Efest don't make their own batteries.) The repackaged battery cannot really be trusted because we don't know the source, even two, AW imr 18650 batteries( for instance) bought together could be manufactured by different companies.
    So, it isn't necessarily a bad idea, you just need to do a bit of reading. I am running a kangertech sub-tank mini with a 0.5 ohm occ coil on an Atmizoo Lab 65 with the uprated switch. This is an 18650 mech. mod. I was using Sony batteries before I got the kanger tank but they were not suitable due to the 6amp continuous rating so I bought some 20 amp LG's to be safe.
    If you want to know more, there is an American chap known as Mooch who tests batteries for the vaping world and lists all the good ones and the bad ones as well. Google and youtube will throw up lots of results.

My daily vape is a GLV super mini with a 1.5 ohm cisco 306 bridged atomiser. Practically prehistoric compared with some of the gear on here but it gives fantastic flavour, a great hit and plenty of vapour. Currently vaping Vapegoo cream dream at 18mg. Yummy!

Blog Entries
    It's not that simple though, they save money through fewer NHS treatments of smoking related diseases but on the other hand pay out more in pensions to those who would have died earlier through smoking. Complex calculation.
    I'm (very) late to this thread, but I recall that the complexity of the calculation was the basis of an episode of Yes, Prime Minister:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Smoke_Screen

The number mentioned in that episode was £4 billion p.a., probably accurate at the time.