closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Smokers - the greatest invention ever in history, ever, ever

Master
    Also didn't realise we had a vaping crowd on here. Wife quit cold turkey in January. I've been trying to stop for ages. The only thing I can stop fags on is vaping. It completely satisfies the cravings for both the act of smoking and the nicotine. Currently using the HANAmodz VV/VW with a Nautilus and 1.8 ohm coils. Vaping 'go to' juice is RY4 (tobacco + hint of caramel) and added Cool Lemonade flavour.

Unfortunately I'm back working offshore now and the operators are very fast turning against the e-cig crowd. What with them being an ignition source and also the berks who don't follow safe charging of loose batteries. So I'm back smoking rollies while I'm out here. Hate it so much. Wish that I could live with patches or gum but I've never been able to stick either for more than a week without caving in.

Master
    Could you not get an eleaf istick through and a mini nautilus? Or are they that strict now?

Master
    Well they can't technically ban the devices. Take it apart and you could get it through the helicopter check in probably. But since the bottles of e-liquid are technically a hazardous substance (poison classification) it makes taking that offshore a grey area. You shouldn't be carrying offshore any restricted liquids/items/etc and something that is classed as dangerous goods should be manifested and all official. So you could be offshore with en e-cig but no e-liquid to smoke.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonesey View Post
    Well they can't technically ban the devices. Take it apart and you could get it through the helicopter check in probably. But since the bottles of e-liquid are technically a hazardous substance (poison classification) it makes taking that offshore a grey area. You shouldn't be carrying offshore any restricted liquids/items/etc and something that is classed as dangerous goods should be manifested and all official. So you could be offshore with en e-cig but no e-liquid to smoke.
    Zero nic liquid?

Master
    Yeah, but kind of defeats the purpose then doesn't it?

Anyway, since they will likely go the route of banning the e-cigs, and liquid can be confiscated at the heliport, it's not worth the hassle/risk.

Master
    So it turns out that e-liquid has been falsely classified. It now falls under class 4, similar to washing up liquids, in regards to hazard classification.

I also bought a slightly smaller setup and have it offshore this trip. eLeaf + UD IGO-W, under £50 all in.

I'm getting better at building my coils as well. This is probably my best so far. 1.2 ohm, 0.35mm Kanthal. Vapes nicely at 3V / 7.5w

Quote Originally Posted by Bonesey View Post
    So it turns out that e-liquid has been falsely classified. It now falls under class 4, similar to washing up liquids, in regards to hazard classification.

I also bought a slightly smaller setup and have it offshore this trip. eLeaf + UD IGO-W, under £50 all in.

I'm getting better at building my coils as well. This is probably my best so far. 1.2 ohm, 0.35mm Kanthal. Vapes nicely at 3V / 7.5w

I'd love to know how that works.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    At its heart it's no different than any other vaporiser device, from the ones that look like cigarettes the ones the size of a tactical military issue torch.

In that picture I'm just showing the coil and wick setup. I use a wee app on my phone to enter the parameters, ie what resistance I want, the thickness of the wire I'm using, the diameter of the coil and the spacing of the wire in the coil. It will then tell me how many wraps to make around whatever I'm using to form the coil. So this one is made from .35mm Kanthal wire and I've built it to give me a resistance of 1.2 ohms.

Not pictured there is the cap that fits over the top. This has a few air holes in the bottom to allow air to be drawn up past the coil to the mouthpiece.

This is a tankless rebuildable dripping atomiser (RBA) which means that after a few puffs I have to apply some e-liquid through the mouthpiece. It offers better flavor and the ability to change e-liquid flavors more often than a typical tank based system.

Essentially it's just a wire wrapped round a wick and attached to a battery.

Anyone after any proper ejuice?

I've got an unopened 30ml 6mg bottle of THRST Lust here if anyone wants it?

See here for details of this superb ejuice manufacturer -

https://www.facebook.com/THRSTLIQUID

Details on this -

"A delightful marshmallow cream with a fruity exhale"

Its really nice but I've already got 2 x 30ml bottles to go through!

£15 delivered.

Ta

Am going to give these a go again to stop the ciggies, but things have moved on loads since I last looked. Does this seem a decent buy?

https://www.ukecigstore.com/aspire-esp-30w-box-mod.html

I recently got one of these to carry in my pocket

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...riable-wattage

and fitted one of these

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...aromizer-5-0ml

The clearomizer takes Nautilus replacement coils.

The e-cig delivers the same hit as a larger e-cig and the battery (18650) seems to last forever.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Well thanks very much to the EUs stupid classification of e-liquids as dangerous goods we are now banned from flying them out in our luggage on the way to the rigs. They have also introduced a blanket ban on any e-cigs other than breath activated cig-a-likes and even then they only allow 10 refill cartridges per person. Due to this coming into force whilst i was offshore I've had to leave one of my mods out there.

Fookin ridic.

Full vindication!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-33978603

Excellent. Now perhaps the negative publicity campaign that has been orchestrated by the tobacco companies, and their lackeys (and companies such as Nicorette whose products are junk by comparison) can be seen for the self-interested and immoral subterfuge that it is.

Over three years now here, never lapsed once, and feeling great on vaping.

Back in Page 7 (July 2012) I recalled my experience of vaping so far, all of which was promped by this thread. Back then I was 4 months clear of the weed and vape only.
    But since Sept 2013 I have also been free of vaping, so I am tobacco and vape-free now for nearly 2 years.

It was easy, I surprised myself.
    I dutifully worked my way down the nico scale to zero, where I happily vaped for about 6 months. Then a short break where I managed to break 2 batteries (one failed at the switch, and one got soaked in the sea) meant I was 2 days without. Never picked it up again.

To my mind vaping is probably the single greatest anti-smoking development. It can address all aspects of a smoking habit, and be progressively used to reduce dependence.

So once again TFB, my grateful thanks.

D

Had a guy come to read the meter today up at the church where I'm the vicar, he saw me vaping and we chatted about it - he's a smoker and I told him how good it is, how cheap, how convenient etc

I think I converted him!

I do like a good vape!

I've got one of my Provari P3's for sale on SC if anyone is interested

As a committed but determined to pack-up smoker, I thought e-fags would be the answer but, despite trying several times, I just couldnt get on with them & always went back to smoking.

Problem to me is that e-cigarettes neither break the habit of smoking or the addicition to nicotine.

I decided I really wanted to quit so got some Champix (self prescribed via Lloyds Pharmacy after a chat with a Quit Smoking counsellor) & now 3 months later, I think I can say I'm a non-smoker........

I have tried so many other things like patches & other forms of NRT but have to say that IMHO, Champix is probably the greatest invention ever in history for smokers.......!!!

Cheers

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paul360m View Post
    Champix is probably the greatest invention ever in history for smokers.......!!!
    Apart from when it causes depression and suicide, lol.
    Seriously though, well done, i know a few people that went the champix route and said it caused seriously weird dreams?
    I'm 2.5 years vaping now and am now down to 6mg, so next step is zero nic

Brighty

Master
    Blog Entries
    I used champix 3 years ago to help quit. Worked brilliantly for me but I would recommend not taking tablets last thing at night. Have one in the morning then the second around 5pm, once I did this I had no problems with sleeping or weird dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by jmitch View Post
    I used champix 3 years ago to help quit. Worked brilliantly for me but I would recommend not taking tablets last thing at night. Have one in the morning then the second around 5pm, once I did this I had no problems with sleeping or weird dreams.
    Well done mate - same for me - have to say that I did dream more but no bad dreams & certainly no other side effects for me - like all drugs, there will always be some contra-indications that effect some people.

Master
    I'm off the cigs 9 years and the Mrs is off them 4.

Just learned she's been back on them about 3 months... i feel like choking her, soooo stupid.

Nearly two years vaping now. It doesn't save you any money but it works. No tobacco at all since starting with a proper box and tank.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooros View Post
    Nearly two years vaping now. It doesn't save you any money but it works. No tobacco at all since starting with a proper box and tank.
    You must have either been a very light smoker or you're buying a lot of expensive vaping gear to not save any money!

I reckon I spend about EUR 7.50 a week between juice and an atomiser, which is around the cost of 2 cigarettes a day. I'd say I was spending that every day before I switched to vaping.

Craftsman
    Joyetech Ego One in stainless steel with a nice tobacco e-liquid

Smoked for almost 40 years and I dread to think how much money I've burnt in that time. I'm also damn lucky (so far) to have never suffered any health problems as the result of smoking so many tbh!

I tried patches and gum in the past and they didn't do it for me. About a year ago I tried a cartridge type e-cig and that didn't work either.

Then a few months ago (to cut a longer story short) I decided to give a liquid type version a go. Ok, so it's only been two months but I know in my mind that I have kicked the cigs and will never go back. It's like a switch has been flicked. I really don't know how it's happened!

I'm happy to be using 18mg at the moment, though will cut that strength down at some point in the future - I know I will just decide as and when, and that'll be it. Hopefully I will progress to zero need eventually.

For me it has been a combination of, from out of nowhere, deciding to try again (the will power factor), but also, very importantly, the liquid e-cig. It has made all the difference.

It it saving me a fortune and I am now enjoying having a lot more money in my pocket (well, as long as I avoid SC!).

If you're really wishing you could kick the dreaded weed........please give vaping a try :-)
    Last edited by Mouse; 19th November 2015 at 15:53.

Vaping has come a long way, i tried those original e-cigs back in 2005? and they really really sucked, and never quite felt satisfied with the EGO stick things, but I can say I'm coverted from 20 to 0 a day :D

Not sure how much I've saved, since vaping feeds my tinkering addiction too

My HoH Kabuki arrived today, stuck it on my GUS (mech, with a vw crown set at 4.2v)
    All I can say is it's mind blowingly tasty, plus makes for a great stealth setup (downside is I'm constantly, charging 18350s, and the Provari's display is handy for day to day use)

Heading for two years since I packed it in and I enjoyed a smoke, I am saving north of £2500 a year, a happy X smoker :)

ps: Thats one nice watch a year not going up in smoke any more !!!

Currently on a Joyetech vtc mini and waiting for a ude bellus rta. Building 1ohm coils. I've calmed down a lot on the purchases.

Nautilus tank and eLeaf Mini battery user here, 12mg 'Monkey Fart' liquid .... I'll never smoke a ciggie again... Only been on it for a few months but it's been a revelation , plenty of upgrades if you want to go down that rabbit hole, it's like the watch thing, you start off with a £30 Vostok and end up down a expensive slope..
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by endo View Post
    Vaping has come a long way, i tried those original e-cigs back in 2005? and they really really sucked, and never quite felt satisfied with the EGO stick things, but I can say I'm coverted from 20 to 0 a day :D

Not sure how much I've saved, since vaping feeds my tinkering addiction too

My HoH Kabuki arrived today, stuck it on my GUS (mech, with a vw crown set at 4.2v)
    All I can say is it's mind blowingly tasty, plus makes for a great stealth setup (downside is I'm constantly, charging 18350s, and the Provari's display is handy for day to day use)

What's the stubby one? Looking for something I can pocket daily.

I've just upgraded from an ego battery through cartomiser to a small tank (apologies for terminology, still learning), but never found it solved the urge.

Purchased a Pegasus with Triton tank on Monday & not touched one since, if a little overwhelmed with options & possibly over strong on my liquids, hence lack of desire for analogue. Dear god it is heavy though!

0.4ohm at 20-25W with 1.2 liquid, I know I'm not stretching the setup at all, but wondering if it is the strength causing my throat burn.

Also started direct to lung vs mouth to lung, but not convinced yet. Will try the 1.8ohm after the holiday & see how that gets on in a more traditional approach.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Purchased a Pegasus with Triton tank on Monday & not touched one since, if a little overwhelmed with options & possibly over strong on my liquids, hence lack of desire for analogue. Dear god it is heavy though!

0.4ohm at 20-25W with 1.2 liquid, I know I'm not stretching the setup at all, but wondering if it is the strength causing my throat burn.
    That could be the pg/vg ratio in your liquid. Try a higher VG see if that works for you.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Petewon View Post
    That could be the pg/vg ratio in your liquid. Try a higher VG see if that works for you.
    Thanks.

I'm on a 50:50 currently, have one 70:30 or the other way to try, can't remember which way they are usually stated.

Thought originally it was the liberty flights menthol causing the burn, damn is it mentholy!

Not sure if I am expecting too much from a flavour perspective, but most I've tried seem relatively bland vs either a nice glass of wine or a decent Cuban.

Craftsman
    Thanks.

I'm on a 50:50 currently, have one 70:30 or the other way to try, can't remember which way they are usually stated.

Thought originally it was the liberty flights menthol causing the burn, damn is it mentholy!

Not sure if I am expecting too much from a flavour perspective, but most I've tried seem relatively bland vs either a nice glass of wine or a decent Cuban.
    When you said above that you are using 1.2 is that 12mg nic? Just when you drop to sub ohm you might want to lower your nic levels too. That will be why you are finding it harsh.
    Last edited by Petewon; 19th November 2015 at 22:10.

Master
    When you said above that you are using 1.2 is that 12mg nic? Just when you drop to sub ohm you might want to lower your nic levels too. That will be why you are finding it harsh.
    Yes, 12mg is correct. I've a few bottles to get through & a few I purchased before working out the maths of nicotine. I'm aware I'm over on the usual intake, but if not smoking, I can work on dialling the vape concentration back over time.

Since having a sub ohm, I'm drawing on it less as well so feel as though I'm aware of what I need, but just now looking to reduce the throat burn. I have a couple of draws & then I'm done for a while, not full lung inhallations. I have a 6mg to try on holiday & will see what that does.

I read of people chasing vape at 50W on 0.4 and am comfortable at 25W, wondering if I'm just missing the point, have been upsold on kit, that said it's working so not concerned.

Great vape shop in Newbury talked me through it all. Explained the lack of benefit in running the 1.8ohm coil that came with the kit etc, and that it's all just tweaks if I'm on on my current setup. great chap, spend a good amount of time with me, without expecting a purchase. Was IMHO rude not to, so purchased his recommended flavour, still yet to try it. Felt like the John Lewis of vaping advice wise.

What's the stubby one? Looking for something I can pocket daily.
    That one is the GUS Lord telescopic mod
    http://gus-mod.gr/zencart_gus/index....roducts_id=219

It's mechanical, so I dropped in a crown (vw/vv module)so I could have the benefit of constant voltage, but fortunately it all fits inside at its shortest setting.

Tank on it
    left picture is the HOH Kabuki (black drip tip) 37mm
    Right picture is the UD goblin mini RTA, it's compact at 30mm high and has great airflow... But I find its has really muted flavour compared to my other tanks.

Craftsman
    That one is the GUS Lord telescopic mod
    http://gus-mod.gr/zencart_gus/index....roducts_id=219

It's mechanical, so I dropped in a crown (vw/vv module)so I could have the benefit of constant voltage, but fortunately it all fits inside at its shortest setting.

Tank on it
    left picture is the HOH Kabuki (black drip tip) 37mm
    Right picture is the UD goblin mini RTA, it's compact at 30mm high and has great airflow... But I find its has really muted flavour compared to my other tanks.
    Are you using dual coil builds on the Goblin? I find the flavour on them great. Bit of a pian to build on though.

Are you using dual coil builds on the Goblin? I find the flavour on them great. Bit of a pian to build on though.
    I've tried both single and dual, i have a 2nd goblin that I built as a dual for comparison but couldnt taste any difference, Tried dual micro coils too, but no luck.
    Thought it might be my wicking, but nothing seems to give the flavour im looking for.

Annoying, since the Kanger RTAs I've built always taste great.

Craftsman
    I've tried both single and dual, i have a 2nd goblin that I built as a dual for comparison but couldnt taste any difference, Tried dual micro coils too, but no luck.
    Thought it might be my wicking, but nothing seems to give the flavour im looking for.

Annoying, since the Kanger RTAs I've built always taste great.
    Ive got mine built with dual 26g 2mm microcoils and the flavour is great. Wicking is tricky on these, I find the wick just needs reach maybe a mm or so into the chanel.

I have a few Subtanks built up at the moment and they are excellent IMO. Ive gone one built with Ni at 0.10 ohms and its superb.

Craftsman
    Having tried lots of different devices over the last 4 years, I am now really happy with my current set-up and would recommend it highly.

It's an iStick 30w VV battery with a Nautilus Mini tank. I get about 2 days out of the battery, and the guts of a week out of each atomiser. I've yet to get a "dud" one yet too; they're very consistent. The only minor gripe I have is that it can be a bit fiddly refilling the tank and changing the atomiser. The atomiser screws into both the tan and the bottom part, which can mean that I need to get the pliers to the atomiser to change it sometimes.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Eoin View Post
    Having tried lots of different devices over the last 4 years, I am now really happy with my current set-up and would recommend it highly.

It's an iStick 30w VV battery with a Nautilus Mini tank. I get about 2 days out of the battery, and the guts of a week out of each atomiser. I've yet to get a "dud" one yet too; they're very consistent. The only minor gripe I have is that it can be a bit fiddly refilling the tank and changing the atomiser. The atomiser screws into both the tan and the bottom part, which can mean that I need to get the pliers to the atomiser to change it sometimes.
    I found that with the nautilus too. I tend to overtighten things quite a bit, especially things that have a chance of leaking. I was allways having to get the pliers out to remove the base from the tank. Ive got the istick 40w TC here and it's excellent for the money. I think mine cost around £17.

Ive got mine built with dual 26g 2mm microcoils and the flavour is great. Wicking is tricky on these, I find the wick just needs reach maybe a mm or so into the chanel.

I have a few Subtanks built up at the moment and they are excellent IMO. Ive gone one built with Ni at 0.10 ohms and its superb.
    I'll do some more playing around, what vg/pg liquid, most of the stuff i use is 85-90% VG im wondering if thats the problem?

I'd really want to make the goblin a go to tank, so many plus points for daily use being let down by my builds somewhere along the line.

I do have some half size tanks for my subtanks ordered, which solves the size issue, but i find alot of plus point in the goblin's design and i want to love them.

Loving the Kabuki tank, the flavour is unbelievable, think that might be my daily tank now

Craftsman
    I'll do some more playing around, what vg/pg liquid, most of the stuff i use is 85-90% VG im wondering if thats the problem?

I'd really want to make the goblin a go to tank, so many plus points for daily use being let down by my builds somewhere along the line.

I do have some half size tanks for my subtanks ordered, which solves the size issue, but i find alot of plus point in the goblin's design and i want to love them.

Loving the Kabuki tank, the flavour is unbelievable, think that might be my daily tank now
    I use high VG in mane and flavour is great. I'll post a pic of my build tomorrow it hay help out a bit.

Is it the fullsize subtank you have? They have the mini for £14 on gearbest at the moment.

I guess vaping is the "methodone" of nicotine addiction. Wasn't around when I broke free of the weed. Alan Carr's method (not the comedian) was the cure for me. The goal should be complete freedom from nicotine. It still causes harm on it's own.

I've got a nice Provari mod for sale on SC if anyone is interested?

Quote Originally Posted by johnthemull View Post
    I guess vaping is the "methodone" of nicotine addiction. Wasn't around when I broke free of the weed. Alan Carr's method (not the comedian) was the cure for me. The goal should be complete freedom from nicotine. It still causes harm on it's own.
    Absolutely agree with that. I won't be totally happy until I have stopped altogether. Vaping is only a slightly lesser 'evil'. I have a copy of the AC book having been recommended it by a friend (worked for them too) but I've never read it. Might be a good idea for me to do so.

I use high VG in mane and flavour is great. I'll post a pic of my build tomorrow it hay help out a bit.

Is it the fullsize subtank you have? They have the mini for £14 on gearbest at the moment.
    Thanks, I'd really appreicate how you've set it up :D

Subtank mini's thats what i currently have, wow those are some good prices on the mini, almost worth buying a couple of extras at that price

Craftsman
    Thanks, I'd really appreicate how you've set it up :D

Subtank mini's thats what i currently have, wow those are some good prices on the mini, almost worth buying a couple of extras at that price
    Yeah the prices are very good. Near enough half of what my local stores charge. If you do order anything be sure to select EU warehouse as it's UK based and usualy only takes a couple of days.

Craftsman
    Nicotine is not particularly harmful on its own. It increases blood pressure, but I imagine that most people have other vices that contribute a lot more to your BP than nicotine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Absolutely agree with that. I won't be totally happy until I have stopped altogether. Vaping is only a slightly lesser 'evil'. I have a copy of the AC book having been recommended it by a friend (worked for them too) but I've never read it. Might be a good idea for me to do so.
    I think only a slightly lesser evil is understating it just a bit. Sure, vaping is still a "habit" - but you'd be hard pressed to come up with a more toxic thing to put in your body than what's in cigarettes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin View Post
    Nicotine is not particularly harmful on its own. It increases blood pressure, but I imagine that most people have other vices that contribute a lot more to your BP than nicotine.

I think only a slightly lesser evil is understating it just a bit. Sure, vaping is still a "habit" - but you'd be hard pressed to come up with a more toxic thing to put in your body than what's in cigarettes.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine

I beg to differ, it's not good stuff, and I'd rather be off it all together thanks :-)

Quote Originally Posted by gilford View Post
    I've got a nice Provari mod for sale on SC if anyone is interested?
    Haven't you always?

Eddie