closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Smokers - the greatest invention ever in history, ever, ever

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    sherbet, opal fruit and Swedish fish (an American refreshers type thing) flavours.
    I tried a few of the fruity flavours, but they made me insanely thirsty.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Yes. They are drying.
    I just drink loads of water as well now.

I found that the tobacco one was a bit of a throat burner.

I've just started vaping some Dekang Vaping Prime and it's the closest I've found to a "real" tobacco flavour.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I've just started vaping some Dekang Vaping Prime and it's the closest I've found to a "real" tobacco flavour.

Eddie
    Must give that a go; I'm still using Dekang USA mix, sometimes with a bit of mint thrown in. I've not found too many flavours taste like tobacco as it's actually being burnt, but some smell exactly like how I remember the smell from a fresh box being opened.

One thing I recently discovered is that menthol flavour is not for vaping neat it almost took the back of my throat out. A couple of drops in my regular juice is, however, fine.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    One thing I recently discovered is that menthol flavour is not for vaping neat it almost took the back of my throat out. A couple of drops in my regular juice is, however, fine.

Eddie
    Oh God, yeah - keep it as a mixer only! I find it hard to put into words, but while you do obviously get a throat hit from it, it's purely because of the incredible searing pain - not the hit of nicotine.

Dekang (I think) used to do a lovely tobacco mint flavour, which I really really liked, but I can't find it anymore. I don't know if my tastes are changing, or if the flavour can vary a bit, but I'm still struggling to get any sort of consistency with my home brews.

If you're willing to play around with lots of combinations, you could do worse than try inawera.com. You can buy base (flavourless) liquid and add concentrated flavouring to it. There's lots of trial and error involved, but if you find the right combination, you can probably save 50% on pre-mixed juice.

Master
    This week a colleague has introduced me to liquids from "Mrs. Lord" - http://www.mrslord.co.uk/ - don't think I have seen them mentioned here. I have been trying out a few and am very impressed. I have tried three flavours - "Rough Shag" (an attempt at a pipe tobacco flavour and of course a fun bottle to have on the desk) - Kendal Mint Cake (thoughtfully supplied with a piece of the confectionery for comparison) and Ginger Nut (not supplied with a biscuit). My colleague rather likes the Seville Marmalade. The Ginger Nut has not particularly won me over yet but the Shag is great and I am surprised to discover I am enjoying the mint cake one very much. They are not the cheapest but might be worth a try if you are looking for a change. I am now four and a half months into vaping and out of cigarettes and no sign of looking back.

Can anyone recommend an e-cigar you can buy in the UK?

The best reviewed ones seem to available in the USA only?

I haven't had a cigarette since 20 February 2013. When I had my COPD review in January 2013 they put the oxygen monitor on my finger and it recorded 90%. When I had my COPD review in January 2014, the oxygen monitor was flickering between 97% and 98%. I know some people will say that vaping isn't really stopping smoking but the benefits are clear (at least to me).

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    Can anyone recommend an e-cigar you can buy in the UK?

The best reviewed ones seem to available in the USA only?
    Well, there's this one. Not cheap and I haven't tried it, but I do use other House of Liquid e-liquids (ie El Toro Cigarillos) and they're excellent (made with steeped tobacco leaves).

http://www.houseofliquid.com/product...ana-ecigar.htm

Master
    Having fallen off the wagon during my holiday in August last year I am now smoke free since New Year's Eve. This time I'm doing it without e-cig's but I still have them in reserve in case my resolve starts to crumble.

I'm rather delighted to say that thanks to e-cigs I have been tobacco free without a single lapse ever since I started this thread.

So basically two years and it has been no effort at all.

Whoever invented these devices should get a Nobel prize in my opinion, and Government should be embracing them, not contemplating trying to tax them out of existence.
    So clever my foot fell off.

These e cigs look tp be a great invention and anything that helps smokers quit is surely a good thing. I've been stopped well over 10 years now (stopped counting when I knew I was quit for good). I went cold turkey and it wasn't very pleasent! Best thing I've ever done though and I recon I've saved well over 20k in the process! Well done all you new ex-smokers!

I haven't had a cig in 5 weeks, but more importantly I've had about 5 cigs in 17 weeks and it's because of vaping!

The 5 I have had have been 'out with the boy and having beer' but the last 3 times I've been in this scenario, I haven't felt the need!

Helps enormously that my 2 locals are more than happy to let me vape inside!

Craftsman
    Tobacco free for just over six months (from over 40 fags a day).
    I feel better than I have in years and all of a sudden seem to have more money in my pockets!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I fell off the vaping wagon at new year and started smoking again.
    Gonna stop again in feb.

Master
    I fell off the vaping wagon at new year and started smoking again. ...
    A novel way to approach new year resolutions!

A colleague amused me this morning - I was vaping outside the office (wouldn't want to give up my breaks) when he sidled up, produced a pack of Marlboro Lights and said, "Have you tried these?".

I fell off the vaping wagon at new year and started smoking again.
    Gonna stop again in feb.
    I understand your pain, I repeatedly fall of the celibacy wagon :-(

Eddie

I understand your pain, I repeatedly fall of the celibacy wagon :-(

Eddie
    Sir! I respect your struggle. Myself, I am so weak I never even got on that wagon.

I just ordered a Totally Wicked Odyssey, so am about to join the party.

Any recommendations on a good cigar-flavoured liquid?

PS: Should say I've ordered samples from houseofliquid.com on Geralt's recommendation above (thanks, Gerald).
    Last edited by Seamaster73; 26th January 2014 at 18:06.

Today is my first day of non-smoking. Reading some of the comments here has really inspired me to get my act together. I am using the Nicolette quick mist which has been excellent so far. If anybody else is stopping smoking like me, all the best. We can all do this!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    I'm rather delighted to say that thanks to e-cigs I have been tobacco free without a single lapse ever since I started this thread.

So basically two years and it has been no effort at all.

Whoever invented these devices should get a Nobel prize in my opinion, and Government should be embracing them, not contemplating trying to tax them out of existence.
    Well done mate - you've motivated me to give it a go so just placed an order now.

As a pack a day red Marlboro man, I'm really hoping they work as nothing else seems to - i am weak!!

cheers

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paul360m View Post
    Well done mate - you've motivated me to give it a go so just placed an order now.

As a pack a day red Marlboro man, I'm really hoping they work as nothing else seems to - i am weak!!

cheers

Paul
    i'll be up to 7 wks tomorrow..... for the first 2 weeks it's like going from red Marlboro to light (or even silk cut)

it might take a while before you get your vaping personal combo nailed (eg for me, 27mg nic + 3.2ohm coil) but the efags do seem to work...

my own little personal achievements have been the fact I've kept some cigs in the house (just in case) and have been out with my smoking mates and beer & in either scenario, I haven't felt the need

I tried an e-cigarette about 3.5 years ago. Enjoyed it, but became very frustrated with poor battery life, iffy liquids, etc, as well as constantly falling off the wagon.

Anyway, in March 2011 decided to switch to Nicorette Quickmist, and have been smoke free every since.

The biggest plus is that it also give you a nice minty fresh breath.

Might be be worth a try if e-cigarette don't do it for you.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Just climbing back on the vaping bandwagon. Upgraded kit to "spinner" battery and nova liquid vaper - trying 24mg blueberry at the moment and this is day 2 without a fag.

Running at about 3.8 volts at the moment and seems to give plenty of vapour.

Any tips on nice flavours - I'm coming from 40 Superkings a day.

If you like a tobacco flavour you should try Dekang Vaping Prime. I usually have a 24mg with others but 18mg is fine with the Dekang. If you enter the code "UKVAPERS" in the voucher box when ordering you get an extra 10% discount. Order 10 and they send 11.

http://www.e-liquid-e-liquid.com/#!t...e-liquid/c21lc

Eddie

Cheers Eddie.

Craftsman

Game changer

I have been vaping fairly consistently for the last couple of years. I started with a crappy disposable in Tesco's rather than buy my usual small Regals. I then moved on to Halos then Realis cigalikes before getting an Ego kit using C4's C5's then upgrading to a variable voltage mod and i16 carto tanks and latterly a Kanger Mini Protank II. All were improvements and kept me off the fags, but I never achieved the taste or flavour that I wanted and mostlty what I had were little more than nicotine delivery systems that "weren't horrible". I could never justify to myself the capital outlay and apparent complexity of any of the bigger mods and build your own coils and wicks systems.

Today there arrived in the post what I consider to be a complete game changer; an N-Vape Midi Pro Tank from NatureVape. On the face of it just another rebuild-able tank, but the improvement in vapour and most importantly flavour is simply astonishing. I cannot stress what an improvement in flavour I am getting from anything I have tried before. The secret seems to be the way the guy at NatureVape has built his atomisers or Pro Coils as he calls them. To quote his blurb

Our unique coil, built here in the uk. Our coils are the result of many hours of research and development, they comprise of a microcoil with an organic cotton wool wick assembled by our own individual method. The assembly of the coils is a time consuming process but the results are well worth the effort. We believe we have most advanced coil on the market today.
    The coils are rewicked with organic cotton wool (included) and though I haven't needed to try yet it looks pish easy on the linked video. With a bit of care it should last a good while and cost pennies to rewick. The review is for a whole starting kit which includes Ego-T battery, charger and 20 ml e-liquid. I just bought the midi-tank and a spare coil, but I wish the kit reviewed had been available nearer the start of my vaping career. Though not the cheapest by some way (£39.99) the kit is pretty good for a beginner for what you get (vv mod for instance). If you are thinking of giving vaping a try I couldn't think of a better kit to start off with.

The coils will also fit other systems*. I swapped out the one in my Mini Protank II and it is simply transformed.

I have absolutely no relationship with the company other than as a satisfied customer. Please excuse the fanboi gushing, but it really is that good!

Whilst I'm posting big thumbs up for Mrs Lord & co: "Purveyors of Nicotine Liquids for the discerning client". Very nice juice and so much better (for me) with the new coils. I'm presently enjoying the Ginger nut and the Seville Marmalade.

*I haven't checked which but the information must be on the vaping forums somewhere.

I finally bit the bullet and got one of these.

Eddie

Eddie
    Ah, the famed Sonic Screwdriver Mk VIII - this model was introduced in Season 6, I believe. One of the Doctor's favourites.

Looks great - and probably produces great vapour too - but aren't these types of thing a little cumbersome? I've been using the JacVapour VG02 for over a year now and can't praise it highly enough. Also has an automatic switch, so none of that (annoying) button-pressing lark. Having said that, my sister actually prefers the button variety. Horses for courses, I suppose.

Do those metal mouthpieces chip your teeth? Ouch.

I don't vape away from the house so the size is irrelevant and the metal tips aren't a problem. You can adjust the power to suit the liquid and I find it produces lots of vapour regardless of the liquid used. I've moved away from the C4/C5 clearomisers and only use the Protank type now, they don't drip and you never get any "juice" in your mouth. New coils for the Protank are so cheap it's not worth re-wicking them.

Eddie

Craftsman
    I've moved away from the C4/C5 clearomisers
    Good decision; I've been disappointed by them.

I switched to an Innokin Iclear-30s about a month ago and I'm pretty happy with it. The vapour produced, flavour and hit are all a little bit average, but I'm getting at least a week out of each coil, with no duds so far.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifer View Post

Today there arrived in the post what I consider to be a complete game changer; an N-Vape Midi Pro Tank from NatureVape. On the face of it just another rebuild-able tank, but the improvement in vapour and most importantly flavour is simply astonishing. I cannot stress what an improvement in flavour I am getting from anything I have tried before. The secret seems to be the way the guy at NatureVape has built his atomisers or Pro Coils as he calls them.

The coils will also fit other systems*. I swapped out the one in my Mini Protank II and it is simply transformed.

I have absolutely no relationship with the company other than as a satisfied customer. Please excuse the fanboi gushing, but it really is that good!

Whilst I'm posting big thumbs up for Mrs Lord & co: "Purveyors of Nicotine Liquids for the discerning client". Very nice juice and so much better (for me) with the new coils. I'm presently enjoying the Ginger nut and the Seville Marmalade.

*I haven't checked which but the information must be on the vaping forums somewhere.
    Sounds interesting - may have to try one of those.

+1 for Mrs Lord (as I may have mentioned before) - great flavours - I use her/their Kendal Mint Cake as my standard but allow myself the occasional Rough Shag on special occasions. Wasn't sure about the Ginger Nut at first but that now alternates with the Rough Shag as my treat - must be a sign of age...

Blog Entries

Thanks TFB

I think I should thanks the original poster, TFB, for this thread.

Following his advice, I have stopped smoking in September 2012 and stopped vaping in November 2012 - and never touched any since.

I liked the idea of stopping immediately the inhalation of tars connected with the smoking, mantaining the nicotin intake and the gestural habits. So I bought the same brand advised by TFB (Smoke Angels) at the highest nicotin content. Then every two weeks I would pass onto the lower nicotin level.

After about six weeks I was smoking zero nicotin, and suddendly though: what am I doing with this piece of plastic in my hand?

I have been a smoker for nearly 40 years - with periods of two-three years of no-smoking - I hope this is the end of it.

Best wishes and thanks to The Flying Banana for his help

Franco, Sheffield

Craftsman

Eddie
    Wow! Quite a beast. looks like the Innokin 134, "inspired" by the M134 Gattling Gun I believe.

I take your point about the price of the replacement coils, but would highly recommend trying one of NatureVape's Pro Coils I was raving about a few posts back. Significant flavour improvement IMO.

Mightily impressive bit of kit whatever. Enjoy it in health .

It is the Innokin 34 and the steampunk look appealed to me. Naturevape's Pro Coils are out of stock :-(.

Eddie

Craftsman
    Try again Eddie. Showing 39 available as at 18.49. Good luck.

Been vaping for 2 years, so thought I'd try this Naturevape clearo, arrived today...and first impression is its superb, best I've tried yet, thanks OP

Rgds
    Jim

I finally decided to give vaping a try about 6 weeks ago and, like many others, have already been through various kits, atomizers, liquids etc. trying to find my ideal setup. I had been smoking 8-10 packets of cigarettes a week, but have smoked about 4 packets since I started vaping and haven’t had one at all in the last week. So I figure the money I am not spending on cigarettes might as well go towards funding the on going search.

As far as liquid goes, I haven’t tried anything I like more than Real Tobacco from Jacvapour – for me, nothing else even comes close. At home/office, I am alternating between a Jacvapour VGO2 Crystal and an Aspire BDC and have a Jacvapour V3 tank to carry about. I am not yet ready for Eddie’s setup (that thing looks like a cross between a kitchen utensil and a lady’s pleasuring device), but I do have an Innokin MVP on order. I guess I will be trying the Naturevape tanks next.

Amongst all the now, probably, redundant stuff, I have three unopened bottles of Dekang liquid and three bottles that have been opened and a small sample taken. The ones I sampled were far too sweet and/or nutty for me, so I passed on the rest. If anyone wants to try any or all of these, then they are welcome to them. The unopened are Tobacco, King of Tobacco and Western Conqueror and the opened are Vaping Prime, Flue Cured Tobacco and Richmond Blend. All are 24mg except the Vaping Prime which is 18mg.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I think I should thanks the original poster, TFB, for this thread.

Following his advice, I have stopped smoking in September 2012 and stopped vaping in November 2012 - and never touched any since.

I liked the idea of stopping immediately the inhalation of tars connected with the smoking, mantaining the nicotin intake and the gestural habits. So I bought the same brand advised by TFB (Smoke Angels) at the highest nicotin content. Then every two weeks I would pass onto the lower nicotin level.

After about six weeks I was smoking zero nicotin, and suddendly though: what am I doing with this piece of plastic in my hand?

I have been a smoker for nearly 40 years - with periods of two-three years of no-smoking - I hope this is the end of it.

Best wishes and thanks to The Flying Banana for his help

Franco, Sheffield

I am delighted it has worked for you.

If you ever feel tempted, just go back to vaping - not smoking.

I have not touched tobacco for nearly two and a half years now, and never been tempted. But I still enjoy my vaping!
    So clever my foot fell off.

I've never been tempted by the fruit-flavoured stuff but when I saw "Bull" brand liquid at my local discount store at 3 x 10ml (16mg) for a fiver, I tried the cherry, apple and tobacco flavour (they also had menthol). The tobacco is dire but the cherry and apple are good.

Eddie

i'm personally delighted with how my vaping has replaced smoking (well over 3 months now)

I've been using a vivi nova tank & a 3.2 Ohm coil.

I'm not unhappy with the vape of this combo.... but I think i could be happier in terms of the quality of how it screws together, the longevity of the wick, the ludicrously thirsty nature of the nova tank (although that might be just me ;)

anyone any suggestions for something a bit more upmarket, with a better 'mileage' to the juice & a higher quality of construction?

I did google, but unsurprisingly the market now has a great many kits out there, and i feel easier to ask advice before upgrading my system

also, i seem to be getting an irritated nose lining from vaping, research has suggested that a) this is not uncommon & b) i should switch away from PG fluid, anyone any experience or recommendations about this? (remembering to exhale thru my mouth is my current work-a-round on this!)

Thanks

Craftsman

New toy

My itaste v2 stopped working. It would take a charge but the fire button became less and less reliable before finally just not working. Very frustrating to have a fully charged battery unable to fire for want of something in the wiring - who knows? Reduced to digging out some old ego batteries for a bit. I decided I didn't want to be at the mercy of non-replaceable electrics. Hence, new toy...

Mechanical mod* with matching atomiser in hybrid mode. Atomiser can be used as a rebuildable dripper or, as here, in filler tank mode.

Or I can use my Naturevape midi tank with 510 connector.

Loving it.

*No wiring at all just sprung bottom fire button, adjustable 510 threaded top cap and rechargeable battery.

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.
    I've never been tempted by the fruit-flavoured stuff but when I saw "Bull" brand liquid at my local discount store at 3 x 10ml (16mg) for a fiver, I tried the cherry, apple and tobacco flavour (they also had menthol). The tobacco is dire but the cherry and apple are good.

Eddie
    if you like the tobacco flavours eddie try the hangsen RY6 ,very cigary , i also like the apple and cherry but was happily vaping on it for a while .

Quote Originally Posted by the big fella View Post
    if you like the tobacco flavours eddie try the hangsen RY6 ,very cigary , i also like the apple and cherry but was happily vaping on it for a while .
    I'm intending to move away from the tobacco flavours because I think that's what keeps it feeling like a cigarette and my ultimate goal is to quit vaping as well.

What's strange is that when I saw my doctor a couple of months ago, she thought I was still smoking because she said she could smell tobacco. At the time, I hadn't smoked tobacco for almost a year.

Eddie

Master

Eddie
    That's a big boy ,if anyone fancies one of these there is actually a mini version available ,I thought about getting one myself but I not long bought a coolfire 1 ,so I'll give it a miss for now .

If you scroll down the page it compares sizes with the one eddie has .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-IN...item5663b53e85
    Last edited by the big fella; 10th April 2014 at 08:31.

Master
    I'm intending to move away from the tobacco flavours because I think that's what keeps it feeling like a cigarette and my ultimate goal is to quit vaping as well.

What's strange is that when I saw my doctor a couple of months ago, she thought I was still smoking because she said she could smell tobacco. At the time, I hadn't smoked tobacco for almost a year.

Eddie
    I know a few people who have quit vaping eddie so it can be done , gradually reduce the nicotine if your on a 18ml go for a 12ml and try that for a while and keep lowering it ,but if you fail , just keep trying, you've done well staying off the fags for 12mths whatever the outcome .

Hi all

What a fascinating threead

I was wondering if any of you had quit cigs and later taken up e-cigs as opposed to substituting one for the other as Eddie has done.

Cheers

Ewan
    Last edited by ewan.w; 13th April 2014 at 10:34.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ewan.w View Post
    Hi all

What a fascinating thread!

Long story short - after an 'interesting' few months living away, we are home in Gloucestershire, I am back in my comfort zone workwise but I noticed that I get out of puff slightly more easily than I used to (I am an undertaker so have to lift heavy 'things' quite a bit!). Thus, after 35 years as a smoker (albeit not a heavy smoker) I have been cig free since April 1st. Purely a health incentive - smoking never really cost me a lot, maybe £15.00 a month and I have to say that I have always enjoyed the little rituals involved and the few minutes thinking time that each cig afforded me.

Anyway, I have vowed to never touch tobacco again (I feel healthier already) BUT having found this thread (which itself was an inspiration to quit, thanks TFB!) I have talked myself into getting an e-cig. After much research and ado the Naturevape mini is on its way but I'm still not sure why I have bought it - after all, I haven't touched a cig in 9 days!

I was wondering if any of you had done similar? That is, quit cigs and later taken up e-cigs as opposed to substituting one for the other as Eddie has done. Am I nuts?!

Cheers

Ewan

Sorry but if you can go 9 days without a ciggie then you can quit without any problems at all .

Although if your wanting to substitute the e cig for a real fag then I'd advise you to to use a low nicotine content certainly no more than 6mg but it does really seem pointless to me ,and as enjoyable as vaping is I would certainly not encourage anyone to start if the need not be.

It is still nicotine your vaping and is highly addictive.
    Last edited by the big fella; 10th April 2014 at 13:24.

Master
    Anyone vaping who enjoys fruit flavours I can't recommend this guys juice enough

http://hjuice.co.uk

I've been using blackcurrant, orange and sunburst for a while now after being disappointed with other fruit flavours I'd tried these actually taste exactly how you imagine they would.