closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Smokers - the greatest invention ever in history, ever, ever

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.
    Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    4 days in and going well so far. Did have a couple of fags on friday but none since and have to say i dont have the urge to have one now. Ordered the e cig from Eddies link as a spare and should get tomorrow. Did buy some further juice from Enjuice but cant seem to get a decent vapour from it. Dont know why as juice from Jacvapour produces plenty of vapour
    It could be it has a higher VG content which will give less vapour than PG -VG mix ,but tends not to be as dry as the higher PG mix ,also some people can develop a bit of a tolerance( usually streaming eyes) to the PG mix so prefer the higher VG mix .

if you want more vapour look for a content of around 70-30 pg-vg.
    Last edited by the big fella; 26th June 2013 at 01:15.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I thought these were banned from eBay but there's someone offering clearomizers at a decent price, I've ordered some.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3309416742...84.m1497.l2649

Eddie
    You can buy clearomisers ce5's for around £4 -5 these have replaceable heads you don't need to change the whole thing just the wick part , which you can find for around 2 - 3 quid the whole thing comes apart so can easily be cleaned and replaced.

Also eddie if your using the vv at anything more than 3.6 make sure you buy a higher tolerance clearo otherwise you'll fry it.

They normally start around 1.8 and go up to 4.0 the higher the voltage you use the higher you'll need .
    Last edited by the big fella; 26th June 2013 at 01:35.

Master

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by the big fella View Post
    It could be it has a higher VG content which will give less vapour than PG -VG mix ,but tends not to be as dry as the higher PG mix ,also some people can develop a bit of a tolerance( usually streaming eyes) to the PG mix so prefer the higher VG mix .

if you want more vapour look for a content of around 70-30 pg-vg.
    No its 95 PG. Tried juice in 2 pens and still hardly any vapour

Master
    I have,nt heard of anyone using the pg at 95, maybe there needs to be a higher mix of vg ,why not contact the vendor and ask his advice.

In reply to this and your earlier post re JacVapour: I've been ordering from them for nearly a year now and have found them to be excellent. I'm using the VGO2 kit with their 98mm, 900mah batteries (two - one charges while using the first) 2.8 ohm coils and rebuildable clear tanks. It's been a fantastically reliable system and JV's customer service is legendary (one caveat: stuff is often out of stock, so get your supplies well ahead of when you need them). I use HouseOfLiquid (as recommended by others, above) who are also getting a great reputation; Eden, a tobacco / apple flavour, is particularly nice. I mix Eden with Silverberry for a refreshing, all-round, daily vape. I believe all HoL juices are 50/50 PG/VG. For those who haven't researched this far, PG (Propylene Glycol) gives a throatier "hit" whilst VG (Vegetable Glycerine) gives more vapour.

I haven't had a fag indoors since last July (blimey, that's a year now) but enjoy a roll-up in the park when walking the dog. The occasional roll-up these days does no more than satisfy my "memory" of smoking (after 30 years, it's an ingrained memory) and I enjoy it hugely... but I can honestly say that I now enjoy vaping more. Best of all - and something I never thought would happen - is I honestly don't miss smoking whilst working (in a studio for hours on end) the vape satisfies even that... and in the evenings I can vape to my heart's content, after dinner or watching a movie, without it bothering anyone.

Once again, a big thank-you to FB (the OP) and this thread... and my sister, who originally got me to try a Sky-Cig. You guys changed my life.

Last edited by squareleg; 2nd July 2013 at 10:27.

Journeyman
    Not had a fag for over a week and have to say i dont miss it and no intention of smoking again. Still experimenting with flavours, voltage etc which is all part of the fun. Pretty pleased with myself and thanks to all who have contributed to thread. Agree with above poster re Jacvapour and highly recommend

Not had a fag for over a week and have to say i dont miss it and no intention of smoking again. Still experimenting with flavours, voltage etc which is all part of the fun. Pretty pleased with myself and thanks to all who have contributed to thread. Agree with above poster re Jacvapour and highly recommend
    Well done, I moved a few months ago and never looked back.......the house smells a hell of a lot better for it, I can now breath better, and I have got myself a few mods that I actually enjoy being seen with instead of trying to hide a ciggie, its a whole new world for us ex smokers.........keep it up and if you feel ok with tobacco flavours, stick with them I have, but I do mix a little liquorice with them every now and then, keep at it and don't touch a cig...........them things will kill ya

Has anyone tried the wickless CE8 clearomizers yet? I've just ordered a pack of 3 for £10.99 from here - http://www.smartersmokes.com/refills...h-clearomizer/

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    So has anyone sneaked a go on their eCig on a flight? Off to the states at the end of the month and it's going to be a long day!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Eoin View Post
    So has anyone sneaked a go on their eCig on a flight? Off to the states at the end of the month and it's going to be a long day!
    I was recently on a flight to Spain, and a lady walked to the toilets, openly clutching her ecig. The cabin crew didn't object, and no alarms went off, so I later popped in the loo for a quick puff, and the world didn't end.

I don't think you'd get away with openly puffing away in the cabin though.

Craftsman
    Has anyone tried the wickless CE8 clearomizers yet? I've just ordered a pack of 3 for £10.99 from here - http://www.smartersmokes.com/refills...h-clearomizer/

Eddie
    I tried some from a different supplier. Bloody awful. 9 out of 10 hits terribly "burnt". Unvapable. Back to iClear16 Dual Coil XL for me.

Hope you have better luck.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifer View Post
    I tried some from a different supplier. Bloody awful. 9 out of 10 hits terribly "burnt". Unvapable. Back to iClear16 Dual Coil XL for me.

IClear 16 dual coil are great, particularly combined with an Ego-CTwist.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by miff View Post
    I was recently on a flight to Spain, and a lady walked to the toilets, openly clutching her ecig. The cabin crew didn't object, and no alarms went off, so I later popped in the loo for a quick puff, and the world didn't end.

I don't think you'd get away with openly puffing away in the cabin though.
    Grand stuff - I'll just have to pretend to have a chronic case of the runs and visit the loo regularly!

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin View Post
    I do so very frequently by sneaking off to the lav. Just be aware that you can set the alarms off. I speak from experience!

Make sure you 'slealth vape' (regulars will no what I mean) and don't let the clouds bloom. I did so on a long UK/Singapore flight last year and it was a tad embarrassing....

Quote Originally Posted by Fifer View Post

Ordered yesterday afternoon and arrive this morning (free post). I've been using it since lunchtime and so far it's a good taste and a good vape.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    For people who are getting a burnt taste from their various cartridges - some of them need a good dose of liquid to soak in for a while before they're used for the first time.

I use a JTank with XXL DCCs that I manually punch. Initially I found that up to 1 in 3 tasted awful, but now I drip some juice in first and let it soak in for 20 minutes or so. Since doing that, I've not experienced one dud.

Quote Originally Posted by quoll View Post
    I do so very frequently by sneaking off to the lav. Just be aware that you can set the alarms off. I speak from experience!

Make sure you 'slealth vape' (regulars will no what I mean) and don't let the clouds bloom. I did so on a long UK/Singapore flight last year and it was a tad embarrassing....
    I might risk it and see how I get on. Enjoy watching me being hauled off the flight in cuffs on CNN if it doesn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by quoll View Post

I managed it to Florida and back. Just sat by a window, quick vape turned to the side and hidden by myself, and just hold it in before breathing out and the vapour is gone.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Does anyone here use an evic mod, I have one and updated the firmware to V1.3 without knowing Joyetech had capped the voltage to 5v I would really like to get the V1.0 firmware back on to up the voltage a little more.

This really is as high as it goes with the latest firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse64 View Post
    Does anyone here use an evic mod, I have one and updated the firmware to V1.3 without knowing Joyetech had capped the voltage to 5v I would really like to get the V1.0 firmware back on to up the voltage a little more.

This really is as high as it goes with the latest firmware.
    Well bugger me, even vaping sticks have firmware updates!

Eddie

Running Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    ......and just hold it in before breathing out and the vapour is gone.
    Yup, that's steath vaping. Good in cinemas too. :)

Well bugger me, even vaping sticks have firmware updates!

Eddie
    Its a cracking system Eddie, it plugs into the PC and you set it all up from there, you can go through it all off the PC but its fiddly and takes a while.

I like the look of the joyetech but have just ordered a vamo v2 kit from vaper caper for a great price, use the code 'newcustomer' for 20 % off

Quote Originally Posted by Ellietwed View Post
    I like the look of the joyetech but have just ordered a vamo v2 kit from vaper caper for a great price, use the code 'newcustomer' for 20 % off
    The Vamo is a cracking piece of kit for the money, I have the V3 and it never fails to impress me

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I started vaping yesterday.
    Went into an ed shop called vaporise and picked up a silver starter pack which was a charger, 2 xl batteries, 2x things you screw on and stick the liquid in (dunno) and a coupe of bottles of high nicotine content fluid that's based on the Marlboro gold flavour.
    I have no idea of the technicalities and all the stuff is just vaporise branded but so far its going well.
    Had a couple of cigs over coffee this morning but when I finish the pack I don't plan on buying anymore as I'm not craving them when I'm using the vaping gear.

Hopefully it'll get me off cigarettes and away from the temptation to eat the contents of sainsburys while I'm at it.

Hopefully it'll get me off cigarettes and away from the temptation to eat the contents of sainsburys while I'm at it.
    Last time I stopped smoking I put on almost 2 stones in 4 months. I haven't had any tobacco since I started vaping just over 6 months ago and no weight gain either.

Eddie

I've had a vaporiser since before Christmas, still smoking though, but recently I realised I hadn't discovered the correct dose for me (which appears to be 24mg), I've been a lot more successful since ditching the 18mg fluid

I can see how vaping can completely replace smoking, I just need to stop being a prick and actually do it...

off on my hols next month so that might be the time

if nothing else vaping has got me through a few non smoking hotel stays :D

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Last time I stopped smoking I put on almost 2 stones in 4 months. I haven't had any tobacco since I started vaping just over 6 months ago and no weight gain either.

Eddie
    That's exactly what I need then Eddie.
    I've lost a lot of weight recently and I'm just not willing to stick it back on and then some.
    Touch wood so far I've not had an increase in appetite so that's encouraging.

Craftsman
    Nicotine is a hunger suppressant and you'll still be getting that. Not sure if there's anything else in cigs that is as well but neither myself or anyone I know has put on weight after switching.

Whatever happened to willpower?

A nice old lady I know grew up in a culture where smoking was class. She has tried to quit half a dozen times during the last 50 years. She is now off cigarettes, having bought a vaporizer. Seems to do the trick.

Oh, and there is very little reason to think she lacks willpower. She got through some pretty rough stuff, puffing in the hard place.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by studly View Post
    I dont know.. what happened to yours when it came to restraining yourself from being snide in a thread where people are trying to stop smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I dont know.. what happened to yours when it came to restraining yourself from being snide in a thread where people are trying to stop smoking?
    lol

antagonising people giving up smoking is never a good idea ;-)

Craftsman
    Read this post over the weekend and decided to give it a go. I gave up for 10 months last year and like an idiot started after a bad day! I quite like the 'vaping' experience but feel like the hopeless addict I am when using it'

I have just read through this thread with interest, this is clearly something I need to try. I often give up for 3 months at a time but always end up going back to the fags, usually when willpower fades after a few drinks or I see friends who smoke and offer me one

Can anyone who has tried all the different offerings and finally found one that works as it should recommend one for me and the various options, cost is no issue I just want it to work and not have to end up replacing it with one that does if I c go in too cheap to start with.

So if any kind soul could help I'd be very grateful

Do any shops sell this kit or is it best to buy online ?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Willow986 View Post
    ... but feel like the hopeless addict I am when using it'
    I've also started today after meaning to since I first read this thread many weeks ago - certainly felt like I was experimenting with a whole different level of recreational pharmaceuticals when "injecting" the liquid into the clearomiser...

My fingers smell a lot nicer though (and no, I don't usually).

Anyway, a positive way to start the week, the month and hopefully the rest of my life.

Already glancing at my wrist and thinking of the money I may be saving, too...

As an ex-vaper, all I can say is that the path to true enlightenment (for me) turned out to be Nicorette Quick Mist.

I have now been clean since 28th March 2012 and not put on any weight.

Its horses for courses I know - but worth a punt.

One quickmist will last me a week and I can use it on planes, in meetings, etc.

Plus it leaves my breath minty fresh and kissable

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

I saw one of these on Saturday, variable wattage and comes with its own aluminium flight case. Does anyone have one? It's a big beast.

Eddie

Craftsman
    My 2 remaining 510 batteries seem to be packing it in a little, so ordered an ego-c twist which just arrived today - looking forward to giving it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by studly View Post
    It's not caramel flavoured with 18mg of nicotine in it!

I saw one of these on Saturday, variable wattage and comes with its own aluminium flight case. Does anyone have one? It's a big beast.

Eddie
    Haven't bought any mods for about six months, I am using a roller and a dingo by Atmizoo built to last in stainless, great threading, great switch, all parts available, mechanical mods. For work I put a wee boaby tank from Alba vapours, with a punched LR boge carto on. 3.7v vaping again, I know but it just works!
    The beauty of these mods is, if you miss VV/VW, you can always add the new kick2 unit because Atmizoo make extensions.
    http://www.atmizoo.com/modware/roller/?lang=en
    http://www.atmizoo.com/modware/dingo/?lang=en
    I think Todd reviewed them on his blog (which is always good for a giggle).
    http://www.toddsreviews.com/
    Last edited by millie-mail; 16th September 2013 at 22:30. Reason: links

Master
    Anyone looking to upgrade i wouldn't look any further than this as long as you don't mind waiting about 10-12 days ,but your paying with paypal so no worry's i ordered from them recently after a recomendation ,with no problems

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/1...age-adjustable

Look over the site to and see if you can find any other bargins.

Did i mention free shipping

A quick word of warning you will find e-liquid on this site which is dekang and 50mls for around 5.50 dollars is a great buy ,but email them to find out if they will ship to the uk before ordering a shed load and try to avoid their holidays which will delay shipment.
    Last edited by the big fella; 17th September 2013 at 09:32.

In the last few weeks three people I know have quit vaping. That is, not gone back to smoking but quit all nicotine inhaling. Combined they had several decades of smoking history, but it took just a couple of months of vaping to quit for real. Seems to work, which is great.

Great to see this thread still going it was this thread that tipped me off to vaping and I've just celebrated a year off the fags.

I tried one about 2 months in as a matter of interest and it was bloody awful. I think that's one of the cool side effects of vaping. Previously when I've given up, the first relapse fag even after a few months, has been bliss.

Started on an ego-c kit and now using a kanger protank on the same batteries, well happy.

Andy

Eddie
    I'm pretty sure that's a lightsabre...
    So clever my foot fell off.

Craftsman
    The itaste 134 is absolutely massive, its like sitting a Panerai on a toddler's wrist.

Master
    http://ecigarettereviewed.com/coolest-e-cig-mods

Here's a few other mods to consider,i quite like the tesla,but i,d love to see the landlords face if i pulled that steampunk out in my local.
    Last edited by the big fella; 17th September 2013 at 22:46.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingdave View Post
    Nicotine is a hunger suppressant and you'll still be getting that. Not sure if there's anything else in cigs that is as well but neither myself or anyone I know has put on weight after switching.
    Here's a few more intresting facts about nicotine should piss the anti vapourer's off no end

http://ecigarettereviewed.com/top-10...to-know-about/

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I'm so off the fags!
    Have been since I started vaping.
    Have upgraded kit to various technical sounding bits that don't particularly interest me but have switched from Marlboro to sherbet, opal fruit and Swedish fish (an American refreshers type thing) flavours.