closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Smokers - the greatest invention ever in history, ever, ever

Hybrid View

Smokers - the greatest invention ever in history, ever, ever

Well, I'll fess up. I've always liked tobacco. I don't really drink at all, never done drugs, but a cafe creme blue cigar or several is my weakness. Or rather it was.

I was very slightly older than 39 this year, and although the missus didn't really nag, I could see she was getting less happy about my habit. And frankly it wasn't making me feel too great either. Twenty five years of enthusiastic smoking (the first fifteen or so of which were cigarettes) hadn't yet taken their toll, but I was pretty sure it was only a matter of not much more time and I was going to start paying (and not just the daft price any cigarette or cigar now seems to command).

The big problem for me was not during the day - I work long days and I haven't smoked during the working day for years. My weakness started when I left for home and in the evenings. A little cigar or if I'm honest, a number of little cigars, was my reward for working hard and making it through the day. Oh, and I did inhale as well.

So I did a little googling, and youtubing about electronic cigarettes and cigars. Lots of videos of people saying how once they had bought one they never smoked another real cigarette again.

"Boll*cks" was my immediate and fairly emphatic reaction.

Despite my utterly immense skepticism I ordered a £27 Halo e-cigarette starter kit from these folk (please note - I have absolutely no affiliation with them whatsoever):

http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/

There are lots of others on the market but this seems to be the most impressive.

It arrived a week ago with some trepidation I charged it up and I haven't touched a cigar since. It is utterly, utterly incredible. This latest generation of ecigarette smokes the same, tastes the same, hits the back of your throat the same, gives you the lift the same, creates "smoke" the same... and it contains no carcinogens or tar at all. All it contains is nicotine in a cartridge that is vapourised as you drag on the cigarette and tuned to vapour. This does you no more harm than a coffee, probably less, and what is even more astonishing is that there is no burning of anything. So you can have a few drags, blow some smoke rings, then pop it back in your pocket.

The smoke has no smell, doesn't stink up the house or your clothes, and has no secondary effects on anyone. All you actually inhale and exhale is water vapour.

I have since discovered that amongst the enlightened who use these, smoking is now referred to as "vaping". :)

See it on David Letterman with a nice hottie:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_wr0X_3wpA

My biggest problem with tobacco was that I actually really liked it. I liked having a drag. I like the ecigarette just as much because I genuinely cannot tell the difference - so I don't feel like I am depriving myself of anything.

And as a final clincher - it costs less than a third the price of tobacco and you can legally use it anywhere including pubs, workplace, public transport etc.

So why have I written all this? Simply because having found this totally life-changing product I wanted to share it and hopefully help a few of you (come on, own up) as well.

Buy one - it will be the best money you have ever spent I absolutely promise.

Happy vaping,
    TFB
    :D
    So clever my foot fell off.

Just heard on the news that a new medical study just published shows that e-cigarettes are harmful. You may want to google it. It's recent news.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by o u t a t i m e View Post
    Just heard on the news that a new medical study just published shows that e-cigarettes are harmful. You may want to google it. It's recent news.
    It does not matter what research says, it can't be worse than smoking cigarettes.

I have never tried efags. I quit smoking cold turkey 3 months ago from a 10-a-day habit. If I should relpase, I'll be sure to try an electronic cigarette first though !

Quote Originally Posted by clicker View Post
    It does not matter what research says
    Fair enough. Carry on.

Hi all,

just wanted to say thanks to TFB for starting this thread. I've a mate over here who started vaping a cig-a-like a couple of months ago, I had a go but wasn't that impressed. However, this thread gave me an incentive to do a bit of research.

I didn't really want to give up smoking. I enjoy it too much and still have my health. My only real incentive was economical, but I travel a lot so have always had a source of cheap cigs. It was the idea of being able to 'accidentally' give up fags that attracted me to vaping rather than any real desire to stop.

I decided that no fuss and good battery life were important along with good vape production and the ability to use liquids for convenience and choice, so i went for an 'intermediate' kit as opposed to the small battery capacity ecigs and cartomisers.

I got myself an Ego-C and some menthol juices, started vaping on arrival, loved it and haven't had a fag since.

It's only been 3 weeks but I am well happy. I've managed to resist temptation for a proper fag and stuck to vaping at a few boozy parties and a 3 day trade show, the very places I would normally go from my 10 a day, to a pack and a half a night. I reckon having managed that, that vaping is the complete substitute and has worked perfectly for me.

I bought a CE2 clearomiser along with the C kit and it is very good, but the standard C tanks and atomisers seem equally as good so I shall just stick with them once the CE2 gives up the ghost.

As a full strength menthol smoker I went for Halo Coolmist liquid and also some Crystal menthocalyptus. I like them both in their own way, the Halo is sweeter, the Crystal dryer with a stronger menthol flavour. I went for 18mg and 12mg and vape the 18 during the day and 12 in the evenings.

well thanks again TFB and I highly recommend it to anyone whether they intend to give up fags or not.
    all the best

Andy

Just ordered the same kit as Banana, will post my experiences when it arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by o u t a t i m e View Post
    Harmful to the Treasury, sure. :)

Edit: woohoo - 100 posts! Slow but steady: that's me.

Another edit: hot news from The Mail here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-problems.html

HM Govt appears to be "concerned about the health" of the 650,000 who have switched to E-cigs.
    Last edited by squareleg; 21st September 2012 at 13:33.

Craftsman
    That daily mail article is full of inaccuracies (surprise supervise). There has been a spate of bad press recently a lot of it stemming from an article regarding aireway resistance after usage. It appears to have been badly constructed and reported and there is a good analysis here: http://www.express.co.uk/features/vi...ic-E-Cigarette, and here: http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/as...age-study.html

The oft citied quote from parliament ‘Some electronic cigarettes have been tested by local authority trading standards departments and have been found to pose a potential danger to consumers.’ is a great example of being misleading. The potential danger came from a batch of bad chargers which were withdrawn, and yet it reads as if the ecig itself posed a health risk.

I'm not saying categorically there are no ill effects of vaping, but I have yet to see anything to suggest it is anywhere near as bad as smoking.

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.
    I prefer this report myself.

http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/as...you-horny.html

ha ha
    Last edited by the big fella; 22nd September 2012 at 03:00.

Thanks Banana, you were my inspiration. I have only had one previous attempt to stop smoking, in 1985. It hurt so much I try not to think about it
    I am 48 and had my first smoke aged six (I know), in next doors garden shed with my mate. His mum caught us and I got the hiding of my life when my dad got home. I never looked back and was taking ten a day to school by the time I was 12. (19p for ten NO.10 if I remember correctly)
    I see myself as a fairly addicted smoker and have been known to behave irrationally and totally out of character when deprived of cigs for more than an hour and a half. It's not the lack of cigs it's the thought of not knowing when my next one would be.

It has now been a week since I smoked a cig and so far it has been easy, I almost feel like a fraud, people congratulating me etc. I just show them the kit and look slightly embarrassed at the praise. Minimal effort as far as I am concerned but it feels great!
    This is only stage one but if stage two never happens, (no nicotine at all) then so what.

I would like to thank TFB for starting this thread and all who have contributed, you have changed my life.

Master

Re: Smokers - the greatest invention ever in history, ever, ever

I had a chest infection and couldn't smoke for a couple of weeks. When the infection cleared up, I didn't fancy smoking and I haven't smoked ever since.
    I still miss smoking but I won't be taking it up again.

My dad never needed any of these gadgets to stop smoking.

He reckoned it was so easy he'd done it hundreds of times.

Master

I'm still smoking about 3-4 real cigarettes a day however a pack of 20 now lasts me a week instead of half a day and I feel much better for it, im now using a spheroid rebuildable on a P+18500 with grants vanilla custard (nicest flavour I've found).
    Well done TFB a full year is something to be really proud of made up for you. I'm trying to dwindle down what I smoke rather than cold turkey some days I'm having none at all other days the odd couple one problem I found is vaping can become like watches with the amount of shiny things out there but I love being able to vape in the house or office.

I have just started on the no-Match Kits and I am astonished how good they are. I am using one from a mate at the moment as my kit is on the way from the UK but I have gone from 20 a day to 3 or 4 with the e cig taking up the slack

I took delivery of this yesterday.

The "Totally Wicked Odyssey"

Designed by students in Uclan and built in the UK. Its a hefty bit of kit but looks cool.

Just waiting on some of the liquid for it, I thought the "starter pack" would come with some, but apparently not!

Been smoking the e-lites and they are crap. Just taste of burning and drip into your mouth

I'm on day 2 of vaping now and it seems to be taking care of the craving very well. I know it's early days but at the moment it feels like there's something missing, probably the ritual of rolling and flicking the lighter ;-). I've just received some "Amber Rolling" juice so we'll see what that's like.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I'm on day 2 of vaping now and it seems to be taking care of the craving very well. I know it's early days but at the moment it feels like there's something missing, probably the ritual of rolling and flicking the lighter ;-). I've just received some "Amber Rolling" juice so we'll see what that's like.

Eddie
    Eddie,

I quit via vaping, so keep with it. A friend used to roll shredded newspaper in rizlas prior to vaping. Sounds weird but connected the act to the vape.

I'd ordered some tobacco flavours but decided I preferred the coffee and menthol flavours. Think I have 2x30ml of 'hotel' and another tobacco liquid that are completely unused.

Drop me a pm if you want me to post them to you FOC.

If eddy doesn't want them then will post back & first come first served.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Eddie,

I quit via vaping, so keep with it. A friend used to roll shredded newspaper in rizlas prior to vaping. Sounds weird but connected the act to the vape.

I'd ordered some tobacco flavours but decided I preferred the coffee and menthol flavours. Think I have 2x30ml of 'hotel' and another tobacco liquid that are completely unused.

Drop me a pm if you want me to post them to you FOC.

If eddy doesn't want them then will post back & first come first served.

Matt
    That's very kind Matt, I'm still trying to find something to my taste (tried 2 so far) so I'll take you up on your offer.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    That's very kind Matt, I'm still trying to find something to my taste (tried 2 so far) so I'll take you up on your offer.

Eddie
    Try the fruit flavours as well eddie,i was on the GV,but wanted to move away from the tobacco flavours mainly because i found them too sweet ,i'm particularly fond of the apple and cherry flavours,another tip eddie if your finding your still getting the urge for a fag try an higher nic ,it will also hold up well if your going for a pint.

Master

Stick with it Eddie, I just dwindled down the amount I was smoking took me almost 2 months in the end I was only smoking 1-2 a week. Nothing now for a while, grants vanilla custard has been my main flavour, I just didn't like the tobacco flavours. Plenty of people in here to guide you and help with kit and flavours.

I started on the vaping 2 weeks ago tomorrow and I was shocked how muck like smoking it is. I still have one or two cigs a day but that is just to stop the stress of saying I am giving up smoking. There is a shop not far from me where you can try over 100 flavors but right now I am on the Tabac based ones. But right now I find it nothing more that a revelation after 30 years of smoking

Craftsman
    Thanks for this thread; really thinking of trying this. Are there any that are similar in taste to Marlboro/Camel lights?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nudlar View Post
    Thanks for this thread; really thinking of trying this. Are there any that are similar in taste to Marlboro/Camel lights?
    Red/USA mix is typically what is sold as a Marlboro replacement, but in my experience very few actually taste like real smokes. But that's become a positive for me.

I've found some liquids that taste like unsmoked cigarettes smell like, if you know what I mean?

As an aside - I got this email today, you could get a few bottles of different tobacco flavours and see how you get on.

EASY 10ml bottle
    €0,99
    Price incl. Vat. Valid until 30 March 2013 - Only valid only ONLINE and for products on stock only. (not valid for easy silver label premium eliquid)
    You must use the following coupon code: easy99
    Link: http://eliquidshop.com/e-liquids/easy-10ml-pg-en/

vaping has halved my rollie intake, still smoking at work, but not at home around my 6month old

I've tended to stick to the tobacco flavours, the other ones seem to taste like sweets, (bit like smoking a chewit)

it works, best nicotine replacement therapy I've tried, but I do miss the density of real smoke... also there isn't really a natural stop point like with a cig... I seem to be able to vape forever

but on the whole vaping is going well, bit a bit of a ****er if it's made illegal

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adzman808 View Post
    vaping has halved my rollie intake, still smoking at work, but not at home around my 6month old

I've tended to stick to the tobacco flavours, the other ones seem to taste like sweets, (bit like smoking a chewit)

it works, best nicotine replacement therapy I've tried, but I do miss the density of real smoke... also there isn't really a natural stop point like with a cig... I seem to be able to vape forever

but on the whole vaping is going well, bit a bit of a ****er if it's made illegal
    I've been ordering my juice from these people,they are very safe to deal with if you want spend a few quid on supplies i recently ordered 500mls from them it was here 3 days after i ordered no vat either,if you keep an eye on their site they generally have offers on, which i use to bring the cost of the postage down as they use Dhl to ship into the uk .

http://www.healthcabin.net/
    Last edited by the big fella; 8th March 2013 at 03:40. Reason: add to post

Craftsman
    it works, best nicotine replacement therapy I've tried, but I do miss the density of real smoke.

Different combinations of liquids and delivery systems will vary the amount of vapour greatly. VG based liquids give off more vapour in general with a greater smell, but PG has more throat hit with a more defined taste. Most of what I vape is a 50/50 mix.

This would be my currently recommended kit for the beginner looking for something more than the disposables or very basic kits.

Vision eGo Spinner battery - 900mAh : http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=191
    A charger for the battery : http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=99
    Kanger T3 replaceable clearomizer (get a couple so you can try out different flavours more easily): http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=194

I got the same for myself recently for wanting something cheaper than my usual kit when going away on a stag do. The battery lasted all day without issue. It's a variable voltage battery which means you can adjust the power going into the part which vaporises the liquid. More power essentially equates to more vapour and whilst you can overdo it and get a harsh taste with some liquids it does allow you to get a lot more vapour than the usual set-ups without overpowering you. Of course you can adjust it to suit the mood. The Kanger replaceables give off a really nice flavour and really surprised me for the money compared to other similar ones I had tried in the past. It's not as good as my normal setup, but then that cost me a LOT more and I am using it more and more when just nipping out.

For liquids my favourites by far are from House of Liquid : http://www.houseofliquid.com/. I especially like the Eden which is an apple tobacco flavour and great for all day vaping, as well as the El Toro Guevarra and Virginia Prime which are excellent cigar and tobacco flavours. They do sample bottles so you can try them out.

If you buy from Liberty Flights you can use this promo code "DAVEVAPE" which will give you a 10% discount (and me a 5% affiliate) but check their twitter and Facebook pages as they stick up some cracking discount codes on. Last time I ordered I got 18% off.

The golden Virginia Fromm nö Match was like a roll up but I would not say I have found any thing like
    Marlboro yet

The vapour these things and their users emit is not just water - there is nicotine in it, and I can smell / taste it in the air when people are using them near me... a musky metallicness that does not go well with food, so I would be quite happy to complain about it in a restaurant.

my cousin runs a pub (and smokes btw) and she's banned e-cigs simply because tobacco smokers see people vaping and think it's ok to smoke

easier for her if no one's blowing fumes!

=======

i'm getting on ok with my e-cig, but still smoking tobacco, not sure why... I find the e-cig works great, but there's no natural stop point, there's no putting it out... I think I could just tape the button down, stick it in my gob and vape until the tank's dry!!!

but not smoking around my daughter which was the goal (let me quantify that: I never smoked near my daughter, but now I don't smell of smoke around my daughter, I mainly smoke only at work and when everyone's gone to bed at home, outside of course!)

I make a point of never vaping in no smoking areas. It strikes me as asking for objections if you do. Let's face it, any smoker or ex smoker or vaper knows where it is 'acceptable' these days. And it's not restaurants or pubs!

Stories like the 'vapour in the face' one above just confirm that lots of people are inconsiderate selfish bastards. Try farting in her face next time.

Such establishments really have to treat it like smoking - it looks so much like smoking that smokers will light up thinking it is OK.

I disagree with the 'it is horrible to be around' comments though. The smell is quite mild and short lived. I have suffered far worse perfume, cologne and body odour from nearby people in restaurants. The anti smoking brigade react against it simply because they are 'programmed' to object to smoking.

Journeyman
    Great thread. Looking to give up my 20 a day habit. Researching and jacvapour seems to be getting good reviews. Anyone tried them?

Over a year ago, the JACVapour V3 kit got me off a 40 year habit (along with a fortune on juice). Still use the V3 at work and out and about as a decent vape with no faffing about. Can highly recommend JAC and their products.

If you haven't already, have a peek over at UK Vapers for a few more ideas... http://ukvapers.org/index.php

Any recommendations on here as to the best most reliable e- cigs and where to buy?
    “Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Fords View Post
    Good the E Cig is moving to prescription....
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    I don't think it's going to be made prescription only; it is only going to be treated, in effect, as an over-the-counter drug.
    It would be absolutely disastrous for the industry if eCigs were classified as medicinal products. Innovation would cease overnight, choice would be severely restricted and cost would increase. Thankfully the MHRA announcement stands for nothing, as it is the EU that have the say and it is being debated at the moment. There is no justification for classifying them as a medicinal product and in cases where this has been tried it has been defeated when challenged in court.

For a very good list of reasons why it shouldn't happen read this: http://www.ecigarette-research.com/w...as-medications

Quote Originally Posted by K80 View Post
    +1. I know people who moved onto e cigs to help them stop smoking and are still using them after almost a year. The actual physical act of smoking is part of the problem.
    I'm still using mine after nearly a year and a half, and have no intention of stopping anytime soon. It's also the longest I have gone without a cig (by over a year) since I started smoking 20 years ago. They are not intended as a device to make you quit smoking, which is the intention of NRT (which has a success rate of below 10%) but as an alternative. It's the very fact they replicate cigarettes and the users are still "smoking" that means it works as a substitute where all other methods fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    It's got nothing to do with bullying at all. It's all down to the fact that the devices have been specifically made to look and behave just like real cigarettes which have been banned in public premises for all the right reasons. This makes it extremely difficult for staff to manage situations and identify what is and isn't a cigarette.

Had these devices been designed to look and behave completely differently to cigarettes whilst still providing the nicotine hit then I doubt there would be such issues.

Hell, part of the problem may be the attitude of some, (many?), of the people I see using them where they not only go through all the motions of smoking a real cigarette; they seem to accentuate these actions in a 'look at me' manner.

Just my 2p.
    Not all devices are made to look like traditional cigs, the kit I use looks more like a sonic screwdriver. Whilst I won't disagree that at a glance it may look like someone is smoking and that can cause concern the vapour produced dissipates far quicker than smoke, and if someone lights up within 10 meters of you indoors you can normally smell it clearly within seconds.

my cousin runs a pub (and smokes btw) and she's banned e-cigs simply because tobacco smokers see people vaping and think it's ok to smoke easier for her if no one's blowing fumes!
    I can understand why a big music venue would ban them, it would be much harder to tell if someone in the middle of a huge room was smoking or vaping, but in a small environment like a pub it's not really an excuse. The fact that smokers would see someone vaping and think it OK to smoke seems a bit daft, if the smoking ban in pubs was reversed I think everyone would know about it!

Of course I think a business should be run however the owner wishes (as long as it doesn't break any laws) and so I would always respect their rules. And I understand the implications on a business if people are caught smoking and so a ban on vaping is the easiest option to avoid the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    It is a difficult problem whether or not to start regulating them.

Relative to smoking there is no argument whatsoever that can convince anyone these need a regulation that any cigarette of any type would not fail totally.

However, you can also view it as a drug delivery method. And as such there is some argument that standards should be applied, to make sure that the contents are as advertised and so forth.

It would be usual in such a situation for the industry to band together and form a trade body to self-regulate and insure standards, but I don't see that happening.
    Regulation already exists in current laws, everything has to obide to trading standards laws. Yes, it is a drug delivery system but so is coffee.

A trade body does exist, it's called ECITA and they are doing some sterling work in attempting to uphold standards and set guidelines, though not all the big companies are on board. They have a good blog detailing responses and pointing out a lot of the flaws in some of the arguments: http://www.ecita.org.uk/blog/

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    The vapour these things and their users emit is not just water - there is nicotine in it, and I can smell / taste it in the air when people are using them near me... a musky metallicness that does not go well with food, so I would be quite happy to complain about it in a restaurant.
    It's not the nicotine you can smell/taste, nicotine is odourless/flavourless. It's the flavourings that you can detect. Of course if it puts you off your food you have every right to complain. Personally I never vape in restaurants, or shops, or lots of other places I would never have smoked even when you were allowed too. I can see how some people, even if they smelt nothing, could be put off by it by association. It's just a matter of being polite IMO.

If eCigs continue to attract existing smokers though and eventually replace them, then I see no reason they can't be used in public places if the owner has no issues. Smoking wasn't banned because it smelt after all, but because of the effects of secondhand smoke.

It's surely much less offensive than smoke though, or indeed bad body odour or overly strong perfume.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    Any recommendations on here as to the best most reliable e- cigs and where to buy?
    Many people start on an eGo kit, it's slightly more advanced than the basic kits (that look like cigs) but are far more effective, allow much more experimentation with flavours, and are very cost effective in the long run. One of these would be a good starting point: http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=180 You can check out their FB or twitter page for discount codes all the time or use DAVEVAPE as code for %10 off.

Lots of people like RY4 as a flavour, it's basically a tobaco flavour with a bit of sweetness. Personally having tried a LOT of flavours (and experimenting mixing my own) I have found non better than the ones by these guys: http://www.houseofliquid.com/ I almost exclusively vape their Eden these days which is fantastic.

The tech is changing at a rapid rate and improving all the time, but nearly all of it uses the same connecter between the battery and whatever you are going to attach so a couple of eGo batteries will always be useful to any vapour no matter what you branch into latter.

I ordered another e-cig yesterday morning from Scan Computers. I have to say it's one of the best e-commerce transactions I've ever experienced, half a dozen e-mails throughout the day reporting order progress and a couple of texts to my mobile giving delivery details, The final text stated

Your order from Scan Computers is out for delivery today by Gary your DPD driver and is due to be delivered between 08:23-09:23. Can you please ensure that someone will be available to sign for the parcel
    I received it at about 8:30 this morning, less than 24 hours after ordering.

This is the e-cig I ordered, I'll let you know what I think of it later:

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/ego-v...-passthrough-i

Eddie

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post

The site eddie posted later in the thread is not a bad deal deal at all , the battery alone usually sell between 20 - 25 quid.
    i was up in towyn in wales last week and bought a battery in the market which was just a basic ego-t 450mah cost me 6quid if i'd have wanted a charger ,and clearmiser would have come to around 18quid ,eddies's is a much better battery and should last around 2 days wiithout a charge depending which voltage you set it to and how much you vape it.

The only down side is people know what your doing now 6 months ago they were just curious as to what you were doing ,so now i tend to use a smaller battery such as the 450mah for what more experienced vapers call stealth vaping.

i'll also carry a bottle of flavourless juice which you can't smell and vape it anywere i want but very descretly because there's always the chance some a@sehole may take offence of you getting one over on them.
    Last edited by the big fella; 22nd June 2013 at 01:21.

Journeyman
    Received my Jacvapour Vgo2 VV yesterday and today will be first day using it. So far so good and looking forward to trying out some flavours. Blackcurrant at the moment but not sure its a flavour i want to be vaping all day

Journeyman
    4 days in and going well so far. Did have a couple of fags on friday but none since and have to say i dont have the urge to have one now. Ordered the e cig from Eddies link as a spare and should get tomorrow. Did buy some further juice from Enjuice but cant seem to get a decent vapour from it. Dont know why as juice from Jacvapour produces plenty of vapour

I thought these were banned from eBay but there's someone offering clearomizers at a decent price, I've ordered some.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3309416742...84.m1497.l2649

Eddie

Master
    I thought these were banned from eBay but there's someone offering clearomizers at a decent price, I've ordered some.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3309416742...84.m1497.l2649

Eddie
    You can buy clearomisers ce5's for around £4 -5 these have replaceable heads you don't need to change the whole thing just the wick part , which you can find for around 2 - 3 quid the whole thing comes apart so can easily be cleaned and replaced.

Also eddie if your using the vv at anything more than 3.6 make sure you buy a higher tolerance clearo otherwise you'll fry it.

They normally start around 1.8 and go up to 4.0 the higher the voltage you use the higher you'll need .
    Last edited by the big fella; 26th June 2013 at 01:35.

Master

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    4 days in and going well so far. Did have a couple of fags on friday but none since and have to say i dont have the urge to have one now. Ordered the e cig from Eddies link as a spare and should get tomorrow. Did buy some further juice from Enjuice but cant seem to get a decent vapour from it. Dont know why as juice from Jacvapour produces plenty of vapour
    It could be it has a higher VG content which will give less vapour than PG -VG mix ,but tends not to be as dry as the higher PG mix ,also some people can develop a bit of a tolerance( usually streaming eyes) to the PG mix so prefer the higher VG mix .

if you want more vapour look for a content of around 70-30 pg-vg.
    Last edited by the big fella; 26th June 2013 at 01:15.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by the big fella View Post
    It could be it has a higher VG content which will give less vapour than PG -VG mix ,but tends not to be as dry as the higher PG mix ,also some people can develop a bit of a tolerance( usually streaming eyes) to the PG mix so prefer the higher VG mix .

if you want more vapour look for a content of around 70-30 pg-vg.
    No its 95 PG. Tried juice in 2 pens and still hardly any vapour

Master
    I have,nt heard of anyone using the pg at 95, maybe there needs to be a higher mix of vg ,why not contact the vendor and ask his advice.

In reply to this and your earlier post re JacVapour: I've been ordering from them for nearly a year now and have found them to be excellent. I'm using the VGO2 kit with their 98mm, 900mah batteries (two - one charges while using the first) 2.8 ohm coils and rebuildable clear tanks. It's been a fantastically reliable system and JV's customer service is legendary (one caveat: stuff is often out of stock, so get your supplies well ahead of when you need them). I use HouseOfLiquid (as recommended by others, above) who are also getting a great reputation; Eden, a tobacco / apple flavour, is particularly nice. I mix Eden with Silverberry for a refreshing, all-round, daily vape. I believe all HoL juices are 50/50 PG/VG. For those who haven't researched this far, PG (Propylene Glycol) gives a throatier "hit" whilst VG (Vegetable Glycerine) gives more vapour.

I haven't had a fag indoors since last July (blimey, that's a year now) but enjoy a roll-up in the park when walking the dog. The occasional roll-up these days does no more than satisfy my "memory" of smoking (after 30 years, it's an ingrained memory) and I enjoy it hugely... but I can honestly say that I now enjoy vaping more. Best of all - and something I never thought would happen - is I honestly don't miss smoking whilst working (in a studio for hours on end) the vape satisfies even that... and in the evenings I can vape to my heart's content, after dinner or watching a movie, without it bothering anyone.

Once again, a big thank-you to FB (the OP) and this thread... and my sister, who originally got me to try a Sky-Cig. You guys changed my life.

Last edited by squareleg; 2nd July 2013 at 10:27.

Journeyman
    Not had a fag for over a week and have to say i dont miss it and no intention of smoking again. Still experimenting with flavours, voltage etc which is all part of the fun. Pretty pleased with myself and thanks to all who have contributed to thread. Agree with above poster re Jacvapour and highly recommend

Not had a fag for over a week and have to say i dont miss it and no intention of smoking again. Still experimenting with flavours, voltage etc which is all part of the fun. Pretty pleased with myself and thanks to all who have contributed to thread. Agree with above poster re Jacvapour and highly recommend
    Well done, I moved a few months ago and never looked back.......the house smells a hell of a lot better for it, I can now breath better, and I have got myself a few mods that I actually enjoy being seen with instead of trying to hide a ciggie, its a whole new world for us ex smokers.........keep it up and if you feel ok with tobacco flavours, stick with them I have, but I do mix a little liquorice with them every now and then, keep at it and don't touch a cig...........them things will kill ya

Has anyone tried the wickless CE8 clearomizers yet? I've just ordered a pack of 3 for £10.99 from here - http://www.smartersmokes.com/refills...h-clearomizer/

Eddie

Craftsman
    So has anyone sneaked a go on their eCig on a flight? Off to the states at the end of the month and it's going to be a long day!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Eoin View Post
    So has anyone sneaked a go on their eCig on a flight? Off to the states at the end of the month and it's going to be a long day!
    I was recently on a flight to Spain, and a lady walked to the toilets, openly clutching her ecig. The cabin crew didn't object, and no alarms went off, so I later popped in the loo for a quick puff, and the world didn't end.

I don't think you'd get away with openly puffing away in the cabin though.