closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Watches on Sale at an AD

Rolex Watches on Sale at an AD

Just browsing the sale items in a well known an very reputable independent Jewellers, and there are 6 or 7 Rolex (albeit unpopular models) in the sale with sale tags showing RRP and sale price. This is a well known Rolex AD.

Now, I thought the blatant advertising of sale prices on Rolex watches could lose an AD its franchise with Rolex. This is a large and very well-to-do city with only one Rolex AD, so it's unlikely that they have lost the franchise, and just said 'what the hell' we'll have a sale on Rolex watches.

Re: Rolex Watches on Sale at an AD

Where is it?

Master

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove
    Just browsing the sale items in a well known an very reputable independent Jewellers, and there are 6 or 7 Rolex (albeit unpopular models) in the sale with sale tags showing RRP and sale price. This is a well known Rolex AD.
    more details please :)

Quote Originally Posted by esm
    Well I was not thinking of mentioning it - but since the AD is advertising it to all, and there is no discreet marketing, I think I am safe to say I'm not dobbing them in :shock:

So north of Edinburgh and south of Inverness. Those with a good grasp of geography will instantly know. For the rest of you, it's fatsest finger first to google maps.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

What models where on sale please.

Master

Never heard of that before, I dont expect they will last long

Quote Originally Posted by spurs
    What models where on sale please.
    Can't recall them all as they were not memorable, but there was a Lady Yachtmaster and a gold day/date or similar.

There were definitely no popular sports models, i.e. SubC, GMT, Daytona, Milgauss etc.

Master

Maybe in the process of losing AD status - requirement is to have the "Rolex Room or Wall" to show off the watches and to maintain AD status and there will be a significantly reduced number. Seems just a window display wont cut it these days

My favourite one is to lose theirs..........

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetinfloor
    Maybe in the process of losing AD status - requirement is to have the "Rolex Room or Wall" to show off the watches and to maintain AD status and there will be a significantly reduced number. Seems just a window display wont cut it these days

Don't think it's losing AD status. This is the most prestigious AD in said city, carrying PP as well. Rolex would have to go downmarket to transfer the AD status

BTW, the Rolex watches were not on sale in the Rolex window, but in the 'sale' window nearer the shop entrance which is set back from the street a little. They were next to a bunch of Oris' on sale too. Not sure the Rolex rep would have been impressed. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetinfloor

Don't think it's losing AD status. This is the most prestigious AD in said city, carrying PP as well. Rolex would have to go downmarket to transfer the AD status

BTW, the Rolex watches were not on sale in the Rolex window, but in the 'sale' window nearer the shop entrance which is set back from the street a little. They were next to a bunch of Oris' on sale too. Not sure the Rolex rep would have been impressed. :lol:
    Which models?

Master

Well I was not thinking of mentioning it - but since the AD is advertising it to all, and there is no discreet marketing, I think I am safe to say I'm not dobbing them in :shock:

So north of Edinburgh and south of Inverness. Those with a good grasp of geography will instantly know. For the rest of you, it's fatsest finger first to google maps.
    Could be Aberdeen, Perth or Dundee. Come on man, spill the beans.

They can have a sale. Not sure what the current contracts say exactly - but Rolex have been known to buy all stock back from a closing down sale in order that the stock wasn't sold off at stupidly low prices.
    It's just a matter of time...

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by cmcm3

Could be Perth, i heard Cairncross were losing their Rolex dealership?

It's a familiar story at the mo, jewellers losing their Rolex dealership. My local one lost theirs last year :-(

Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Povey
    It's a familiar story at the mo, jewellers losing their Rolex dealership. My local one lost theirs last year :-(

Ross
    Yep Rolex are going upmarket :) - only slightly tongue in cheek - they are not taking away many dealerships - they are however insisting on certain shop designs/features and lots of AD's are not prepared to go to the expense.
    It's just a matter of time...

I am reliably informed that their Rolex room cost Crouch in Cardiif a cool £100K, it's very nice but £100K :shock:

Digger

The clues are there. Large city - Perth? Very well-to-do city - Dundee?

I'll not ask for the Times Cryptic Crossword advice from this forum :mrgreen:

Why would Rolex demand such a thing? Their branding and advertising has been the source of many a debate, but what is there to achieve by doing this?

I would not think that Rolex would like an AD discounting....

Quote Originally Posted by mattmillard
    I would not think that Rolex would like an AD discounting....
    nor any of us that own one :wink:

Digger

Master

The clues are there. Large city - Perth? Very well-to-do city - Dundee?

I'll not ask for the Times Cryptic Crossword advice from this forum :mrgreen:
    I'm currently pitching my tent outside J&C and posting this on my iPhone. :D

I'm currently pitching my tent outside J&C and posting this on my iPhone. :D
    I think you're on the money there. Only place I can think of that has PP.

There website has a number of pre-owned Rolex including a Ladies Yachtmaster. That would possibly explain the discounts.