closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My Current SOTC (Omega, Heuer, Tissot, Seiko, G-Shock, etc)

My Current SOTC (Omega, Heuer, Tissot, Seiko, G-Shock, etc)

I had a previous thread with my past and present collection, but it was getting messy and harder to follow, so please find below my current collection, or you can follow this link to find the victims of my serial flipping, including many Omega SMP's, Tag Heuer, Breitling, Steinhart and G-Shock content.

Going from good to not so, please excuse my rubbish photography. Up first, my Speedmaster Professional 3573.50 Sapphire Sandwich.

I've always wanted a Speedmaster since I started watch collecting, but the movement is such a masterpiece, I wouldn't have been happy with it being all covered up, therefore, the sapphire sandwich was my ideal.

I won't bore you with the history of the Speedmaster, as many of you already know the NASA link and it's associated missions to the moon etc. I'm sure it's certainly helped Omega as a brand, and of course, the sales of the Speedmaster - It must have done with a design that's barely changed since the 60's. I was interested to see Tom Hanks wearing his Speedy in a few interviews he's done recently. If it's good enough for Hollywood's leading man, its good enough for me.

Of course, the true beauty of this one being the clear caseback showing off the slightly modified movement (for purposes of looks Omega replaced a plastic component on the Caliber 1861 for metal on this Caliber 1863).

Currently loving my Genuine Omega Brown Alligator Strap with 94521813 Deployant. Brown with Black? It just works...

No Speedy owner should be without the classic Di Modell Rallye. Complete with Omega Buckle for a touch of OEM.

I don't know what it is about the Speedy Pro, but it always feels special every time you put it on...

Next up is my Tag Heuer Formula 1 (CAH1010.BA0854). Yes it's a quartz, yes it may be part of the entry level series for Tag (although this particular one retails at 4 figures) but you just can't argue with it's everyday appeal and use and high accuracy. Fantastic daily wearer.

I owe it to this watch that I'm now interested in horology. Strange, I know, especially since it's not even mechanical, but I've always wanted a Tag Heuer F1 mainly due to my motorsport love, and when I finally got one as an engagement present from my wife, it sparked my interest further.

It actually has a great deal of detail. The tachymeter, the raised indices, the large date at 12 o'clock, the concentric circles, the engine turning, the chronograph design, all adding to the motorsport heritage.

One that I'll never sell, I love it, [s:1asb7jw1]and may even think about a black Isofrane for it[/s:1asb7jw1] Too late :D

And on a similar note, how about another F1? The all time recognisable Tag for any Formula One fan. Lewis wore it, Fernando wore it, as well as Kimi. The orange dialled CAH1113.

This has to be one of my favourite casual wearers, and can be easily dressed up or down. How about a Di Modell Rallye?

Better yet. A genuine Isofrane in matching orange for that tango'd look :D

It's actually hugely different to my other Tag. 41mm vs 44mm, and a 20mm bracelet vs 22mm. They may be from the same series but that's where the similarity ends.

Here's a bit of a sentimental piece. A vintage Tissot. I'm not actually sure of the model, but it is very similar to so many of the Seastar's of the same age. Complete with Omega Movement, it's a very accomplished piece, I never wear it, but holds a sentimental value.

It was a presentation watch to my grandfather with a nice engraving. Gold Caseback, but well used before it was left to me. I've since had to replace the strap, and replate the front bezel so it looks a lot better than it used to.

Now for the lower budget end of my collection, again, this is another sentimental one, given to me by my long term girlfriend (now wife) on my 21st, many, many moons ago when she was a poor student and she knew I fancied a smart(ish) chrono.

It's a Seiko Chronograph, and while it's not swiss, you can really appreciate the value for money and quartz accuracy. The very cool feature of this is the fact everything is hackable. A very smart feature.

Now on to something I don't mind marking up a little while kicking about in my casual attire. A Casio G-Shock GW-7900MS-3ER (G-Rescue).

It's a great size, rather huge at 51mm and 18mm thick. Actually very dark green in colour with a ballistic nylon strap. With the same module as the latest Gulfman inclusive of tidal and moon graphs, it's also atomic and solar. All the functions I need.

The strap was a big draw on this watch, so different to the usual resin straps from G-Shock.

And finally, on to my old beater. Infact, beater is an understatement. I work outside, and this gets abused, heavily. I actually scrubbed this clean in the kitchen sink before the photos. No matter what I subject it to, it just does what it says on the tin.

Photo to follow

The Casio G-Shock Mudman is just about bulletproof, it's epic. The negative display adds that little bit extra and all the functions mean this £40 purchase offers astonishing value for money.

Here's how it all looks in my Peli 1170, minus the beater of a mudman - it's told to sleep outside :wink:

So, that's the current crop. Nothing imminent on the horizon, although, I am hoping to bag myself a nice Submariner No-Date 14060 at some point in the near future.

Cheers, Ross.

Craftsman

Re: My Current SOTC (Omega, Heuer, Tissot, Seiko, G-Shock, etc)

Nice collection. Is the strap on the Speedy the same as was issued with the Railmaster?

Quote Originally Posted by Podie
    Nice collection. Is the strap on the Speedy the same as was issued with the Railmaster?
    It certainly looks similar. This is the 20mm 98000153 Brown Alligator and is actually listed as an accessory for the 42mm Planet Ocean. The 98000152 is the 22mm version for the 45mm PO.

Lovely collection Ross , thanks for sharing!

I'll say it again: that orange F1/Isofrane combo really works 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Marios
    Lovely collection Ross , thanks for sharing!

I'll say it again: that orange F1/Isofrane combo really works 8)
    Thanks Marios :D

Banned

Great collection there.

Where did you buy the Bergeon from?

Thanks

Master

Pretty decetn bunch, speedy looks great on that strap

Quote Originally Posted by taz417
    Where did you buy the Bergeon from?
    Sometimes, eBay is your friend.

Superb quality, the Bergeon 6767.

Nice eclectic collection there, Ross. Love the strap choices (Speedy and Tag) and you've got something for every occasion.

Cracking collection, I love your Tag's a lot.

Journeyman

Speedmaster! Thumbs up...