timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bronze ENNEBI

Bronze ENNEBI

Prototype

Re: Bronze ENNEBI

You could stun a bison with that.

I do like a big watch but those things are OTT.

Man up Dan, they are just right.... :lol:
    Cheers..
    Jase

Craftsman

Love it!!

Looks like a very chunky diver, without the rotating bezel. What is the crown design on this... like a Panny without the clamp?

Also love the radius machined between the lugs.

More photos please!

Cheers,
    Effortless.

Quote Originally Posted by Effortless
    Love it!!

Looks like a very chunky diver, without the rotating bezel. What is the crown design on this... like a Panny without the clamp?

Also love the radius machined between the lugs.

More photos please!

Cheers,
    Effortless.

I cant comment on this bronze but the regular Fondale crown is a non screw down type, which is unusual in a 1000M watch... The detail and engineering of Ennebi is outstanding....
    Have a read up on the Ennebi website to see the relationship between Ennebi and Panerai....
    Cheers..
    Jase

Craftsman

The hands are to small i think. Whats the hole idea aboute useing bronze in watches? I wonder

Master

Quote Originally Posted by jazzman
    The hands are to small i think. Whats the hole idea aboute useing bronze in watches? I wonder
    Agreed on the hands, they are the one bit of the Ennebis that are a let down for me. If I was ordering one I'd have to have it customised with something more along the lines of Panerai hands I think. Dark green dial and gold Panerai hands would look the business on this. 8)

At last, a bronze watch with a bronze crown! (Unless of course the production models feature steel crowns). It is always a bit of a let-down to see a gorgeous bronze watch with a steel crown, lingering on the side like an apologetic fart. This one shouts ENGINEERED!

Not sure I could go for one though. However I said the same about the Precista Italian and now one will shortly be with me!

I agree that the hands are a touch too small. Also the minute track dominates the face. Reduce the size of the minute track, thereby pushing the numerals closer to the rehaut and make the hands bigger. Et voila! Dial appears more balanced with the mass of the case and bezel.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by jmarchitect
    Not sure I could go for one though. However I said the same about the Precista Italian and now one will shortly be with me!
    Slightly different prospects financially if you end up not liking them though. :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by cmcm3
    Agreed on the hands, they are the one bit of the Ennebis that are a let down for me. If I was ordering one I'd have to have it customised with something more along the lines of Panerai hands I think. Dark green dial and gold Panerai hands would look the business on this. 8)
    I like the style of hands on the Fondale, but there are two lengths of hands available - you can specify which you want when you order. The shorter hands are shown on the bronze watch in the OP. I went for the longer hands when I ordered mine - which are perfect IMO (minute hand just hits the minute markers, hour hand just hits the hour markers).....

These look fantastic, particularly the one you have posted Toshi. Just googled the price! Ouch! 8)

Great looking case in bronze, looks impeccably well made, longer hands are perfect I don't know why they would even give an option of shorter ones really, for me it would be too large to wear and too expensive to buy and it must be really heavy :lol:

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Toshi

Those do look better Rich and the white hands suit your red dial quite nicely, although I'm just not a massive fan of white hands on darker dials. Maybe if they would do them in a polished/bare metal finish? I'd imagine they would considering what you've said before about the customisation they are prepared to do. I actually think the AP ROOD hands would look pretty cool on it.

Craftsman

Damn thats so nice! 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Toshi
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcm3
    I like the style of hands on the Fondale, but there are two lengths of hands available - you can specify which you want when you order. The shorter hands are shown on the bronze watch in the OP. I went for the longer hands when I ordered mine - which are perfect IMO (minute hand just hits the minute markers, hour hand just hits the hour markers).....

Those hands and the blood red dial looks great IMO.

A very good looking watch. I like how simple it is.

Its got a great Ti roller buckle too ......
    Cheers..
    Jase

Bold watch, but I think the regular Fondale is better. Bronze was interesting when Anonimo started to use it, but now every boutique diver manufacture has one in the pipeline, and that is going to kill the attraction fairly quickly I think

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc
    Bold watch, but I think the regular Fondale is better. Bronze was interesting when Anonimo started to use it, but now every boutique diver manufacture has one in the pipeline, and that is going to kill the attraction fairly quickly I think
    There were certainly not many others around, when I bought this Polluce (now gone to a mate)

I like the bronze (prefer longer hands) but too much writing on the dial. Good to see a bronze crown.

Red Dial looks beautiful. :lol: :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by dejjl
    I like the bronze (prefer longer hands) but too much writing on the dial. Good to see a bronze crown.
    Non-bronze crown on the Polluce never bothered me, but then there were not much choice then :lol:

Quite like the contrast, I must admit.....

I like the both crowns. The jury is still out on which I would prefer, were I forced to choose :P