closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Instant Panerai collection to be had!

Re: Instant Panerai collection to be had!

I find myself wanting the 184 but can't bring myself to flip anything to pay for it, apart from maybe a PRS50b, which isnt exactly going to pay for it :lol:

Crikey!!...I can't help feeling he's in danger of flooding his own market, though clearly with that many Panerai's he must know a thing or two about buying and selling them. More than me anyway!

Master

Quite incredible - this really is Rolex levels of obsession

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Yeth
    Quote Originally Posted by verv
    Mon dieu :shock:

The fees are gonna be killer.
    With all of those watches the least of his worries are ebay fees. It's like owing a Rolls Royce and worrying about petrol. As someone else has pointed out I'd be worried about the possible thieves lurking/bidding.
    Well you worry about the thieves, I'll resent the fees.
    That way we've got it all covered.

Panerai 382 definitely! One of the most beautiful watch ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by aldfort
    I wonder why he chose e-bay, surely a watch dealer on commision would have been a better bet to move that many watches on? Ah well what do I know? :)
    I'm struggling to understand how a person smart enough to earn that kind of money is selling them in such a stupid way.

He is totally flooding the market, given that the prices are relevant. He becomes his own biggest enemy. Smart thing to do if he wants to sell everything NOW would be to contact 2nd hand dealers and sell a few to very many dealers, at the same time. By that they wouldn't know they will have heavy competition from other dealers selling those watches.

Somebody mentioned ebay had cheap ads now, well guess why? January is a mega slow watch selling month, people's money are at a really low. The end of this month is crunch time and really the buyers market.

If he plays his cards right he won't have problems with burglars either, ebay does not give out the address of the sellers these days.

Since he has 0 bids, in total, I wonder how relevant the prices are?

As I see it this is an advanced form of SOTC.

How reliable is Paul? I think I am interested in one of his watches...Its a huge collection O.O

The 318 saga was too much for him. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Plake
    I find myself wanting the 184 but can't bring myself to flip anything to pay for it, apart from maybe a PRS50b, which isnt exactly going to pay for it :lol:
    184 does look nice - shame its the smaller Rad, also drawn to the 63c.....

having that many pams is really a sickness. i'd get bored even if i had to rotate 3 or 4 pieces.

With all of those watches the least of his worries are ebay fees. It's like owing a Rolls Royce and worrying about petrol. As someone else has pointed out I'd be worried about the possible thieves lurking/bidding.
    No fees as there was an offer on 8) cheeky move :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by EZM1
    having that many pams is really a sickness. i'd get bored even if i had to rotate 3 or 4 pieces.
    Especially if that's 3 or 4 pieces per day... :shock:

Nice collection, but it doesn't contain my grail PAM 367 :( but at least there is Pam 411.

Quote Originally Posted by rooenthusiast
    How reliable is Paul? I think I am interested in one of his watches...Its a huge collection O.O
    He is sound, won't have any trouble what so ever.......

Quote Originally Posted by Albellisimo

Surely that'd just be posting fees, not final value / sold fees though?

Quote Originally Posted by youveboughtwhat
    He is totally flooding the market, given that the prices are relevant. He becomes his own biggest enemy.
    If he was selling 70 of the same model you might have a point. But the listings are all different models. So he isn't flooding the market as far as I can see. If I'm in the market for say a 312, I'm not going to buy a 104 just for the sake of buying anything rather than the model I actually want.....

Well now its been cleared up that its an actual collection rather than a stock firesale it makes a little bit more sense to me.

I am guessing whoever pissed him off at Panerai isnt going to be to happy to hear he is (apprently) fed up with them, suppose if he sells a couple its worth it in time alone rather than having to shift a job from dealer to dealer.

Nice watches but out of my range.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miocene
    Quote Originally Posted by Albellisimo

Surely that'd just be posting fees, not final value / sold fees though?
    Fv and PayPal :evil:

I mean, with a pam collection like that it's probably irrelevant but even if I made a bazillion I'd still be peeved at the pp/fleabay cuts as I'm a capitalist swine :mrgreen:

I am surprised at the lack of pictures and information on each item unless I am viewing them wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by u35rm8
    I am surprised at the lack of pictures and information on each item unless I am viewing them wrong?
    If you are, so am I. Does he presume that all his potential purchasers will be members of fora like this where his bona fides is vouched for? :?:

Quote Originally Posted by jordan-arch
    I am guessing whoever pissed him off at Panerai isnt going to be to happy to hear he is (apprently) fed up with them, suppose if he sells a couple its worth it in time alone rather than having to shift a job from dealer to dealer.
    I doubt anyone at Panerai gives a toss about him selling his collection. They've made their profit on the initial sale and will still sell 99% (or whatever) of their annual production.

You've got to hand it to the guy for making that kind of statement though.

Cheers
    D

Master
    Blog Entries

Well now its been cleared up that its an actual collection rather than a stock firesale it makes a little bit more sense to me.

I don't know where you read the seller is pissed off with Panerai, did i miss that, despite reading the thread again? The seller is a very well known and wealthy collector and i'm personally confident this is not an entire sell off, merely a reduction in numbers.

As to his chosen method of selling, just regard eBay simply as a means of advertising. Numerous are already sold via Paneristi. The seller knows exactly what he's doing :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman

I don't know where you read the seller is pissed off with Panerai, did i miss that, despite reading the thread again? The seller is a very well known and wealthy collector and i'm personally confident this is not an entire sell off, merely a reduction in numbers.

As to his chosen method of selling, just regard eBay simply as a means of advertising. Numerous are already sold via Paneristi. The seller knows exactly what he's doing :wink:
    Just taking a stab in the dark as to why someone would shift that many on in one go like that to be honest, Could be completly wrong, but it stuck me that someone or something associated with the brand put him off it. So they are getting rid of the lot, as you dont suddenly run out of room for 70 watches do you,

I will 100% agree that someone who has got himself a collection where it can be culled like that must know what he is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Sulk
    Quote Originally Posted by youveboughtwhat
    He is totally flooding the market, given that the prices are relevant. He becomes his own biggest enemy.
    If he was selling 70 of the same model you might have a point. But the listings are all different models. So he isn't flooding the market as far as I can see. If I'm in the market for say a 312, I'm not going to buy a 104 just for the sake of buying anything rather than the model I actually want.....
    I don't think everybody is that picky about model, and some cross shopping do occur, especially for somebody buying their first Panerai.

Quote Originally Posted by Paneraiseeker
    Quote Originally Posted by rooenthusiast
    He is sound, won't have any trouble what so ever.......
    Ok thanks, I am trying to be cautious.

I am talking to him right now and hopefully I can reach to an agreement with him....

I'm not into Panerais at all (so I won't be bidding!) but does anybody know why some of the watches are listed as "Used" and some as "New without tags"? (A brand-new, unused and unworn item).

I would have thought that by being a part of a private collection that the items in question are no longer 'brand-new'. Or is it likely to be a clerical error/typo on the items in question?

Just wondering.

Paul is a mate of mine, a very thorough individual..... and meticulous.
    Bought a few PAM's off him a couple of years ago

I won't go into things too deeply...... but he's all fine by me.

Needs a new set of brakes for his 997 Turbo probably :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by MuRph77
    Paul is a mate of mine, a very thorough individual..... and meticulous.
    Bought a few PAM's off him a couple of years ago

I won't go into things too deeply...... but he's all fine by me.

Needs a new set of brakes for his 997 Turbo probably :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    rumour has it hes seen the light and is getting into seikos
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

I think we're talking about different people. Paul doesn't post on here..... or at least not that I know of in the past 3 or so years

Journeyman

That is a very impressive collection!............. Dont think i'd have room for 70 watches!

wow that is mad :drunken:

Thanks for the feedbacks! It helps.

Hi,
    my focus is on Panerai and i admire his collection , but most of his prices are much to expensive. The first days on paneristi some people picked up the good Deals.
    Now i guess he has to give a lot discount to sell the Watches.

8) 8) 8)

Quote Originally Posted by MuRph77
    I think we're talking about different people. Paul doesn't post on here..... or at least not that I know of in the past 3 or so years
    I met Paul today :wink: and he mentioned he knows you.
    Although he may not post here he is aware of the speculation generated by his sale.
    He seems a thoroughly nice chap, with interests outside his extensive Panerai collection.