closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Anakin vs Lemania Anakin

Master

Omega Anakin vs Lemania Anakin

Just playing here. With my recent post on the Lemania Benthos, I thought I would show you another Lemania that I have got.

I bought this Lemania a few years back purely on the strength that it looks like an Omega Anakin. Its not the best condition, but I had to have it as they are so few and far between. It has got an identical case to the Omega, no doubt made by the same case maker. Not sure if the case was made by Omega themselves, but if it was, its not surprising they allowed Lemania to use it since they used Lemania movements in all of their chronograph watches, including the Anakin.

The dial is very similar and there is not doubt about it's resemblence to the Omega. The bracelet is original and signed Lemania on the clasp - very rare as they hardly ever had signed bracelets. The bracelet is NSU or Gay Freres, not sure.

Lemania Anakin (nickname stolen from Omega's nickname)

Omega Anakin

Both together

And both on the wrist :D

Re: Omega Anakin vs Lemania Anakin

Very nice and good looking watches, they can be found in Bucherer version as well.

Pic by "keitht".

Master

Quote Originally Posted by S.L
    Very nice and good looking watches, they can be found in Bucherer version as well.

Pic by "keitht".
    I have only ever seen pictures of the Bucherer, if I come across one in real life, it will be sure to have my name all over it :)

Quote Originally Posted by clockwatcher
    quote]

I have only ever seen pictures of the Bucherer, if I come across one in real life, it will be sure to have my name all over it :)
    The one pictured above was sold on SC here, be patient and refresh SC often and I'm sure one can be found. :)

Master

[quote=S.L]
    Quote Originally Posted by "S.L":h65211ms
    quote]

The one pictured above was sold on SC here, be patient and refresh SC often and I'm sure one can be found. :)[/quote:h65211ms]

Hmm - missed that - is it yours by any chance?

[quote=clockwatcher]
    Quote Originally Posted by "S.L":3d36g37n
    quote]

The one pictured above was sold on SC here, be patient and refresh SC often and I'm sure one can be found. :)
    Hmm - missed that - is it yours by any chance?[/quote:3d36g37n]

No, not mine. As credited above the pic (and watch) belonged to "keitht" and was up for grabs on SC in 2009 (search and ye shall find, and if the search engine here gives you hassle you can just google "bucherer hard metal" and you'll find it).
    But I'm quite certain that there are more owners of this Bucherer model here, perhaps they will share info/pics in this thread later on.

There's one on eBay at the mo if you're after one :)

Dare I say that I prefer the Lemania...

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Albellisimo
    There's one on eBay at the mo if you're after one :)
    Thanks for the heads up. Just taken a look at that. Its in Mexico which is a bit far flung for me, I am sceptical about buying off eBay in the UK. :(

Omega Anakin!

Journeyman

Very nice Lemania and a fantastic pair together with the Omega.

I've seen the Lemania before but never the Bucherer, also very nice, there is something about the dial that reminds me of a Daytona.

I am going to a very nice and very big watch fair here in The Netherlands in a couple of weeks and I will be looking out for both of them for sure.

I missed the last two watch fairs ( they are every three months ) due to being out of the country and am desperate to get amongst it again!

Here are my two examples,

and together,

Cheers Chris

Master

Quote Originally Posted by cristos71
    Very nice Lemania and a fantastic pair together with the Omega.

I've seen the Lemania before but never the Bucherer, also very nice, there is something about the dial that reminds me of a Daytona.

Cheers Chris
    Great condition Omega, and I think I prefer it on the Fightmaster bracelet. The black one must be rare, I have not seen one before

Master

I've owned the Skywalker and a NOS Vader in the the past, both wonderful watches, I still own a very good skywalker pictured below:

When I first saw this watch I got really in to them and did a lot of research, from that I managed to glean that as well as the Bucherer and Lemania versions Rodania also produced one.

Bucherer had massive power back in the day in Switzerland and as such sold a great many watches which where produced by other companies and then branded Bucherer, as mentioned earlier including some very famous Rolex's, likewise with Lemania, you can find virtually all Omega chronographs from the 1960's and 1970's in Lemania form as long as lemania made the movement, this will be something to do with manufacturing deals I would have thought (an includes the Speedmaster 125 BTW). Fundamentally the Bucherer and Lemania versions are identical, although the dials differ and the movement are silver not rose plated. I had a bucherer version and the case back was quite clearly and Omega one that has simply had the markings machines off!

As far as cases go the cases were produced in Fontana in Italy who managed most of Omegas case manufacture under license at the time, the cases were very expensive and quite time consuming to make and as you probably know if you own one, whilst they are very scratch resistant they are not chip resistant. THe tungsten coating is susceptible to ingress and chipping and was at the time, hence the very small volume of watches produced

Anyway, just my two penneth

Cheers Tom

Grand Master

Very cool watches, reminding me of certain Rados - although I can do without the Star Wars reference TBH. Sounds like I should be pronouncing the name adenoidally if I ever attended a meeting of the space-watch appreciation society :D

The Bucherer makes perfect sense - they re-branded all sorts of watches back in the day. Heuer also had several watches whose cases were used by someone else because, like Omega, they had their cases manufactured by someone else at the time.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Amazing watches! ...You guys should have a GTG - I want a group pic! :lol:

Btw, I prefer the Omega Anakin :)

Craftsman

I have a Lemania one in a box somewhere!

Is this a member of the family - case looks similar and is hard metal:

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by frogspawn
    Yes it is, i'm actually looking for this one!!! Is it yours?

I bought the female version for my wife/girlfriend.

Master

Yep

The Seamaster is also a member of the same fraternity, exactly the same case design including inner and outer seperate cases but without chronograph functions, I also own this:

1970's Omega Hard-metal Megaquartz prototype, very similar in design but the case is a darker almost grey hard-metal, this is one of only two I know of, the other in the museum running cal 1341

Master

Quote Originally Posted by dickstar1977
    When I first saw this watch I got really in to them and did a lot of research, from that I managed to glean that as well as the Bucherer and Lemania versions Rodania also produced one.

Bucherer had massive power back in the day in Switzerland and as such sold a great many watches which where produced by other companies and then branded Bucherer, as mentioned earlier including some very famous Rolex's, likewise with Lemania, you can find virtually all Omega chronographs from the 1960's and 1970's in Lemania form as long as lemania made the movement, this will be something to do with manufacturing deals I would have thought (an includes the Speedmaster 125 BTW). Fundamentally the Bucherer and Lemania versions are identical, although the dials differ and the movement are silver not rose plated. I had a bucherer version and the case back was quite clearly and Omega one that has simply had the markings machines off!
    Cheers Tom
    Thanks for the input, this is useful information, I did not realse the Rodania made one as well. I do like Rodania, they have made some nice watches in the past such as a near identical version of the Omega bullhead, and they had some military watcehs almost identical to the Lemania single button chronographs.

Master

Dont you just love learning new things all the time? these are new to me, I have never seen this one before, and I agree - definately fits into the family, not sure of the nickname of this one.

Journeyman

PB sent!

Craftsman

here is a modified Lemania owned by member 9:59 (His picture so I hope it's ok for him that I show it here).

Quote Originally Posted by Fredrik (Swe)
    here is a modified Lemania owned by member 9:59 (His picture so I hope it's ok for him that I show it here).
    I lurve that! 8) 8) 8)

Journeyman

Wow, that Darth Vader is even darker!!!

I don't usually like the flashy coloured dials, but somehow these watches get away with it. Maybe you need a bit of colour to counter all the metal from the huge case.

Another member of the family here:

Hard Metal : Geneve

I think this has belonged to a couple of members before coming my way :D - a real rarity this one - the only google images I can find are of my watch.

I'd love to put some mesh on her - anyone got any for sale ;)

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Fredrik (Swe)
    That is pretty cool i have to say. 8)

Master

Quote Originally Posted by futon river crossing

I think this has belonged to a couple of members before coming my way :D - a real rarity this one - the only google images I can find are of my watch.

And another beauty, some real stunners are coming out now :)

Master

Hans

Master

Quote Originally Posted by 9:59

Hans
    I think The Bucherer is better looking than the Omega and Lemania - the dial is less colourful, all blue unstead of the two maroon sub dials in the Omega - and this one looks in beautiful condition

Hans
    That's a stunner Hans - fab condition!

Hans
    I've had the joy of seeing this one IRL and whilst the picture aint bad it comes nowhere near doing this watch justice, the blue dial and the case makes for a match made in heaven.
    Such a beautiful watch. :drunken:

Master

Thank you for your replies.

Here is an better outside shoot made 3 years ago.

Hans

Hans
    I think The Bucherer is better looking than the Omega and Lemania - the dial is less colourful, all blue unstead of the two maroon sub dials in the Omega - and this one looks in beautiful condition
    +1 8) 8) 8)

Master

Hans
    That is a much better picture. For me one of the finest colour combinations is metallic blue and silver combined. The first time I realised this is when I sway a ladies Rolex Oyster with steel case and blue dial. I just thoguth it was the best colour combination that I had seen on a watch. Pure class 8)

Hans

Now that is more like it! :headbang:

Journeyman

Do you have the Omega typenumber of this one????

Quote Originally Posted by futon river crossing

Hi Hans, can share more info on the modification of the black one?

[quote=jantje.vlaam]Do you have the Omega typenumber of this one????

Quote Originally Posted by "futon river crossing":bl7t1ipw

[/quote:bl7t1ipw]

I'm sorry - I don't - I have not been able to dig up any info on it at all - anyone know anything about these - It's a Hard metal Geneve - from the international collection, 565 movement - any more info would be gratefully received.

For some reason this one gets the least wrist time of all my watches -

Master

Previously my watch and purchased by me as new from Omega, Omega released a number of dial variants around this time, most were seamasters but I have seen a couple of Genves in my time too

Hope this helps

Cheers Tom

Journeyman

[quote=futon river crossing][quote="jantje.vlaam":3vjqz3lq]Do you have the Omega typenumber of this one????

Quote Originally Posted by "futon river crossing":3vjqz3lq

[/quote:3vjqz3lq]

I'm sorry - I don't - I have not been able to dig up any info on it at all - anyone know anything about these - It's a Hard metal Geneve - from the international collection, 565 movement - any more info would be gratefully received.

For some reason this one gets the least wrist time of all my watches -[/quote:3vjqz3lq]

I think it is this one, but this is a Seamaster, your case and hands match it, only the dial does not. Could it be an replacement? You can pop the back if you want.

Anyone with leads to getting the case?

I got the bucherer dial and movement, just no luck getting the case....

Quote Originally Posted by 9:59 View Post

Hans

Both awesome watches! I prefer the Lemania though. I think.

Master
    Watch this space, I might have something quite special to show off in a week or two once it comes back from STS!

Interestingly done some additional research on these watches, Rodania also made theses watches, only ever seen and absolutely knackered one unfortunately! I was at the museum in Bienne a few weeks ago and they had a complete display case dedicated to hard metal watches, the one next door also had a prototype purple ceramic Speedmaster 125, now that was something special

Red face Watching for a year now.....

Quote Originally Posted by dickstar1977 View Post
    Watch this space