closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Perspective

Master

Perspective

My car needs a service, a few bits doing, an MoT and Tax renewing at the end of the month, which is going to land me with a bill circa £900 and I'm already thinking "Ooh, that's a big spend" but buying a watch I liked for £900, say in the sales or preowned, I wouldn't really hesitate and I'd be thinking "Ooh, that's good value, I've done well there!" Does anyone else think like this?

Master

Re: Perspective

All the time - I grumble at the gas and leccy bills for utilities keep me warm and happy whilst I am looking to buy watches and spend time on forums :D

Yes , but you can always flip the watch and pretty much get your money back , look on it as a rental :lol:

Big difference in my mind....one buys you an asset and the other is just a maintenance bill. Rather spend it on the watch of course but you got to keep those cars running too!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tz-uk73
    Big difference in my mind....one buys you an asset and the other is just a maintenance bill.
    Exactly. I know when I spend money on a watch (I almost always buy second hand) I can probably recoup it later. I've not said goodnye to the money.

I suppose one should remeber that maintenance of one's personal infrastructure is also an investment: An investment to be able to keep on functioning.

I kno the feeling. Seems easy to justify the money for a watch as it gives us pleasure and we always believe we can recoup most of the money if necessary to pay those horrible bills!

Long may it continue!

well, i agree as watches if flipped, still retain its monetary value (when bought wisely). As for bills, food and entertainment, once it's out of ya pocket, it's gone! Just one reason I abstain from smoking. See it as being pointless.

FMF