closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: ETA Spares

Journeyman

ETA Spares

I recently changed the battery on my PRS 17C and undoing the battery, the retainer sprung one of the tiny screws into the oblivion of a white heavy pile carpet never to be seen again!! Everything still works fine with only the one screw but knowing that the insides of my watch are no longer perfect it's really doing my head in! Can I get a spare or is it just hard luck and learn my lesson?

Re: ETA Spares

Most local watch repairers should be able to replace it for you. Two ways to go about it, you can take one of the other screws with you (stick it on a piece of selotape so you don't lose it), or take the whole watch and risk him buggering it up. :D

john
    Costume jewellery. Ouch!!!

Journeyman

What ever you do, don't take the watch to one of those battery change hack places like you would find in the Pacific Mall. Go to La Swiss or somewhere reputable otherwise you could end up with more character flaws on the watch then what you walked in with..

I'm pretty sure Cousins sell a pack of assorted battery straps and screws.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Journeyman

Cheers John, Lambstew and Eddie, for some reason my Iphone / Tapatalk hasn't been posting replies so apologies for late reply. Don't worry, I'll not be going into Pacific Mall and getting anyone there to do it! I'll try Cousins Eddie and see what I can source and I'll look up LA Swiss too. Trust you're all doing well, good to be back on the forum as I haven't been on for a while. Love the 'Everest' Eddie - I'm proud to own two Precistas over here in Canada where I'm sure they're even rarer than when I was in Sheffield.

I know it's off topic, but what is the deal on Customs from your side Eddie and from the Canadian side Lambstew?