closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Advice sought - where to sell my Panerai 287 Black Seal Auto

Craftsman

Advice sought - where to sell my Panerai 287 Black Seal Auto

Have decided to sell my PAM 287 Rad Black Seal Auto (few pics below); getting no wrist time.
    Question is where to sell it, presumably first stop is SC, and how much.

Dont think a trade will work as I'll be after a vintage Omega or Girrard Perregaux or similar for hopefully a lot less. Have secured a Precista to replace the PAM

Its a J Series (2007), bought from here SC, comes with:

black outer box
    inner wooden box
    COSC cert
    plastic credit card jobbie from the shop (I assume)
    guarantee booklet
    instruction manual
    various brochures
    PAM croc strap (worn but very good)
    vintage (1939) black ammo (Zeugma).

Condition wise its got a dink near the 1.30 hour hand position, last photo (hopefully by bad photography shows) and some light hairlines from usage. Crystal unmarked all works as it should.

NO great rush but want to get the process going and hope to get a sale withing a month or so, sooner isnt a problem

I welcome any input as I have bought quite a few watches from here but not sold any.

Many thanks

Re: Advice sought - where to sell my Panerai 287 Black Seal Auto

:scratch: You've wrote 99% of a sales post so why not do a bit of research for prices and put it up in SC?

Master

Quote Originally Posted by PCP
    :scratch: You've wrote 99% of a sales post so why not do a bit of research for prices and put it up in SC?

Agreed - pop it on SC, you have the post count.

Grand Master

I know v. little about Panerais...don`t like most of 'em. However, this is the only one I do like :) . Can anyone enlighten me about its size (exc crown) and movement?

Omegas and Rolex are more up my street.....but this is a nice looking watch.

Paul

Craftsman

OK, point taken but if I use Blowers as a marker, knowing they are expensive what do I factor in for the 'dink' and the fact its on SC. Give me an idea on % less than the Blowers of this world and a % for the dink/usage. I did use my nouse and had a look

http://www.blowers-jewellers.co.uk/PAM287_S12621.htm

This blowers babe is £3250, is dink free but same age etc, thoughts appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958
    I know v. little about Panerais...don`t like most of 'em. However, this is the only one I do like :) . Can anyone enlighten me about its size (exc crown) and movement?

Omegas and Rolex are more up my street.....but this is a nice looking watch.

Paul
    45mm

It's a 7750 with the chrono module removed.

Nice looking :)

Hi,

Don't sell it, just give it to me... :twisted:

A

Craftsman

OK I can help with that

Its

45mm without crown
    48mm with crown
    15mm deep
    26mm lugs

Buy mine 8)

Master
    Blog Entries

I think to be brutal about this, it's not a massively popular model, effectively being a 104 Luminor but in a Radiomir configuration. Blowers may get near to their asking price but as a private sale i think you'd have to contemplate rather less. There are two on Chrono 24 with dealers at c£3k asking, so will sell for less. Add a dink on the bezel of yours, a replacement can be had for about £80 btw, and i think you're looking at £2500 or slightly above.

As i've no idea what you paid for it that may hurt and as it's a nice looker, i'd keep it unless you need the funds it will provide.

Totally agree. It is a savage world.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman
    I think to be brutal about this, it's not a massively popular model, effectively being a 104 Luminor but in a Radiomir configuration. Blowers may get near to their asking price but as a private sale i think you'd have to contemplate rather less. There are two on Chrono 24 with dealers at c£3k asking, so will sell for less. Add a dink on the bezel of yours, a replacement can be had for about £80 btw, and i think you're looking at £2500 or slightly above.

As i've no idea what you paid for it that may hurt and as it's a nice looker, i'd keep it unless you need the funds it will provide.

Grand Master

This is the only Panerai I like.......but it's far too big for me. Shame, because it's a nice-looking piece and it doesn`t have the funny crown-guard.

Nice watch for some lucky lad.......assuming the OP decides to sell.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by langdalematt
    Totally agree. It is a savage world.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman

Have to agree.......

Tell you what , I'll take it off your hands for a couple of quid and a bag of satsumas for your Xmas stocking :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by clockwatcher
    Quote Originally Posted by PCP

Agreed - pop it on SC, you have the post count.
    Agreed.

Hey-ho away, Silver! To the SC!

This would have been ripping fun if the OP only had say 63 posts! :D
    F.T.F.A.

It would indeed :twisted:

But seriously: like anybody with a low post count would disguise a sales ad in WT. Perish the thought :roll:

:lol:
    :wink:

Craftsman

My thoughts on that are simples....actually found this forum researching watches , as I wanted to buy myself something different. Saw the PAM 287 and arranged to purchase, without issue, face to face in London.

Have kept an eye out on TZ gradually looking at more watches and developing more interests and knowledge (have now bought 4 more and a variety of straps and accessories from SC). However its not always easy to join in a conversation when youre knowledge is limited so the tendency is to watch and appreciate. So I've been watching for 2 years + and more recently joined and contributed. No doubt others will have done the same so its worthwhile considering how people join not just how many posts they have, and what they do having joined. There may well be ones only using this as a cheap selling site but they wont be buying 4 or 5 times as many watches as selling (flipping) and wont contribute elsewhere.

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RobinTR6
    My thoughts on that are simples....actually found this forum researching watches , as I wanted to buy myself something different. Saw the PAM 287 and arranged to purchase, without issue, face to face in London.

Have kept an eye out on TZ gradually looking at more watches and developing more interests and knowledge (have now bought 4 more and a variety of straps and accessories from SC). However its not always easy to join in a conversation when youre knowledge is limited so the tendency is to watch and appreciate. So I've been watching for 2 years + and more recently joined and contributed. No doubt others will have done the same so its worthwhile considering how people join not just how many posts they have, and what they do having joined. There may well be ones only using this as a cheap selling site but they wont be buying 4 or 5 times as many watches as selling (flipping) and wont contribute elsewhere.

Ignore the forum police, there's only one that matters :|