closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: feedback required for my watch website

Craftsman

feedback required for my watch website

Hi all,

Seeing as i spend so much time indulging myself in the watch world, I have decided to put together a website that brings together up to date news from the watch world, along with Links to resources and various other sites across the web.

I have only been at it for a few days so i still have a lot of tinkering to do, but hoped to get your feedback if i may.

I plan to run a "review" section also, and Eddie has said it is OK for me to ask any of you guys who are interested to submit watch reviews to feature on the site...so if you have written any that you would like to feature, please get in touch.

I look forward to your feedback and suggestions

http://www.thewatchscout.com

cheers

Gilly

Re: feedback required for my watch website

I'm sure Mr Scout will dig that big time :D

Commendable effort, congrats 8)

1. I demand you change the name.

or...

2. I want part of the take.

:lol:

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by WatchScout

or...

ha ! I knew there would be someone out there with this name...I will consider you as my patriarch

Quote Originally Posted by WatchScout

or...

Exactly the kind of comment I expected :D

Journeyman

Good initiative to put up a website.
    Don't know if this is the type of stuff you are looking for, but I can give you some feedback regarding how the site runs on my computer.
    I have a macbook air 2010 edition, my resolution is 1440 * 900 and I use google chrome.

• The brand names in the left menu overlaps, for example Anonimo overlaps Audemars Piguet.
      The widget to the right with the watchboxes/winders is really laggy for me.
      The site is slow for me, slow as in scrolling down your posts etc. My fan on my computer really started to work when browsing your website, don't know if it's again because of the laggy widget to the right.

Hope this could be of any help to you!

I should mention that my fan usually starts to work hard when streaming videos, but not when browsing websites.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by olofce
    Good initiative to put up a website.
    Don't know if this is the type of stuff you are looking for, but I can give you some feedback regarding how the site runs on my computer.
    I have a macbook air 2010 edition, my resolution is 1440 * 900 and I use google chrome.

• The brand names in the left menu overlaps, for example Anonimo overlaps Audemars Piguet.
      The widget to the right with the watchboxes/winders is really laggy for me.
      The site is slow for me, slow as in scrolling down your posts etc. My fan on my computer really started to work when browsing your website, don't know if it's again because of the laggy widget to the right.

Hope this could be of any help to you!

I should mention that my fan usually starts to work hard when streaming videos, but not when browsing websites.
    yep, that is very useful stuff cheers

Journeyman

Looking good.

I'd personally change the colour of the red font in the navigation menu as it's a touch too bright and hard to read on that bakground.

The main content area also overlaps into the menu on the left.

Looks like an interesting site, well done for getting something like this off the ground.

Some issues I am exeperincing when I try and view your site on my work PC; no page seems to fully load it just marks itself as "done with errors" and large pieces of the page remain missing

watch brands menu on the left hand side reads fine but the bullet pointers to the left of the names are all overlapping

watch winder scrolling is laggy as mentioned previously.

regards,

db

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by dustybottoms
    Looks like an interesting site, well done for getting something like this off the ground.

Some issues I am exeperincing when I try and view your site on my work PC; no page seems to fully load it just marks itself as "done with errors" and large pieces of the page remain missing

watch brands menu on the left hand side reads fine but the bullet pointers to the left of the names are all overlapping

watch winder scrowling is laggy as mentioned previously.

regards,

db
    cheers guys, i have a fair bit of work to do to smooth this out !

Master

So far so good, as you say a little bit of tweaking. Popularity will be boosetd with some mainstream products to draw in the crowds, then the more obscure or smaller brands there to feed the WIS. Nice idea and good luck with it

Looks like a promising start - congrats.

As as been mentioned I too found the scrolling a little slow. I'd also re-order the page as currently your "welcome" appears at the bottom of the page when it would be better at the top. :)

I hope I'm not attempting to teach you to suck eggs, but I can see that your website is mostly brand spiel / blurb and topped / tailed press releases at present rather than original content, but do be careful about copyright. My "sites" (well, 'blogs rather than 'sites) have been running for many years and it's always something of which I've tried to be mindful. Linking back to the original 'site - or at the very least attributing photos and text is one way to go. Hope that helps.

PS - having same problems as everyone else (using Chrome and a PC). Also struggling with your Amazon store. I think it works, but I sometimes seem to be redirected to random parts of the page.

Journeyman

I like it. Well done on getting some advertising on so quickly.

Helmbarrie

Displays very badly on an Andriod phone running Dolphin browser - menu button position issues / screen truncating on the left and text continually trying to reposition etc

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Broussard
    I hope I'm not attempting to teach you to suck eggs, but I can see that your website is mostly brand spiel / blurb and topped / tailed press releases at present rather than original content, but do be careful about copyright. My "sites" (well, 'blogs rather than 'sites) have been running for many years and it's always something of which I've tried to be mindful. Linking back to the original 'site - or at the very least attributing photos and text is one way to go. Hope that helps.

PS - having same problems as everyone else (using Chrome and a PC). Also struggling with your Amazon store. I think it works, but I sometimes seem to be redirected to random parts of the page.
    cheers for that, very good points and certainly not egg sucking !

to be fair i have rushed some of the write ups just to get some content, and a feel for using the blog...will hopefully improve the content and write ups the more i get into it.

my biggest problem is the site loading being slow and looking iffy on some browsers