closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

View Poll Results: What shall I say when my fiancee accuses me of buying a new watch?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've had it for ages, it's been away being serviced for months and has only just come back (I did own a Viceroy briefly last year and it had to go back because it stopped working)

6 14.29%
  • I traded it for one of my other watches, you know, one of the Omegas that look the same

14 33.33%
  • I just gave you a bloody expensive ring with a large shiny rock on top so zip it

11 26.19%
  • Someone on the watch forum lent it to me

0 0%
  • You've seen it before, I've had it ages but have only just found the proper bracelet for it

11 26.19%

Thread: New arrival (Heuer) plus your help

New arrival (Heuer) plus your help

I'm not sure how I've lasted the last four months without an 1163 in the collection but I have one again now courtesy of Bootsy. It's the one that looks like a Viceroy but isn't, and is in really nice condition. The GF bracelet original to these watches really works well, it's a shame most of them don't have them anymore. Some phone pics taken last night:

The fiancee doesn't know about it and she's going to blow her top if she finds out that I've just bought it when we should be spending the money on different chairs for the wedding (the ones provided at the venue have plain white covers she doesn't like), paying for a free bar for all her distant relatives we don't know, paying for hotel rooms for the night before the wedding for people who live half an hour from the venue etc etc etc. She's going to notice it at some point, so try to imagine you're an irrational and highly illogical compression of emotion in human shape and let me know which of these excuses you think is going to work best.

I'm relying on you.
    "A man of little significance"

Re: New arrival (Heuer) plus your help

Nice piece !

I'm going for the "had it for ages" routine. Good luck with that ..............

:lol:

Si

Option two works for me. :mrgreen:

None of the above.

It's none of her business what you spend your money on.

You need to set some rules right now, before your expensive [s:2n434mop]divorce[/s:2n434mop] I mean marriage.

Nice pick up :D
    Gray

Blame me!

Nice one Simon
    I'd play the I've had it for ages card... Usually works for me :)
    Only works when she has not seen or signed for the delivery. Otherwise she smells a rat...

Craftsman

I'd be pointing out the bling on her finger. Never been one to hide bills or lie about money issues, tell it how it is unless you've been dipping into the joint account. ;)

If I had to choose, it would be No.1

That said, I would go with the honesty option. I did quite a similar thing but in the end got caught out.

Well, to say that the wife was non to happy would be an UNDERSTATEMENT, so be warned!

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy
    Blame me!
    I do anyway

Master

Nice watch - option 2 has my vote

Option no 5 I say, it sounds like the kind of thing a wis would do, I've found if I change straps about all the time my missus loses track of what's what and I can sneak a new one in no problem.

Good luck, and have a nice wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by gray
    None of the above.

It's none of her business what you spend your money on.

You need to set some rules right now, before your expensive [s:1k6o8z3i]divorce[/s:1k6o8z3i] I mean marriage.

Nice pick up :D
    One of those cases that "+1" works perfectly :twisted:

Very nice indeed..

Craftsman

Pffff, option 2 ?

Any further south and i would have wet feet

Right Simon,you need to get this sorted now before it's too late.
    Tell her it's your money and you'll spend it how you like,and if she doesn't like it then you still have the receipt for the ring.

(let me know when you are going to do this so i can come and watch :twisted: )

PS..lovely watch by the way...bring it on the 17th

One recommendation: Emphasize the ones that you sell, rather than the ones you buy.

I may receive ten and sell one, but believe me -- it's the one that I sell that I will talk up. Mention that you have sold a watch, made a nice profit, bought it right, etc. That also builds a foundation for receiving the new ones . . . you are just laying in some inventory, to be sold opportunistically!!

Give it a try and let us know how this works out.

Jeff

Journeyman

Rather spend it on a watch then on a dress you wear once!

I receive and keep mine in the office ;-)

Journeyman

Very nice, and hopefully it makes up for the other one from last year that we both got involved with!...............and the seller.

My only question is, when is a 1163 with a black 1-12 dial not a viceroy?? What's the difference.....?

Enjoy it and hope this one stays

Quote Originally Posted by m.barn
    Very nice, and hopefully it makes up for the other one from last year that we both got involved with!...............and the seller.

My only question is, when is a 1163 with a black 1-12 dial not a viceroy?? What's the difference.....?

Not stamped V and the 1163 sold through a dealer rather than the Viceroy promotion of the time. Would be billed as a 1163T black and red rather than a 1163t white and blue

Not stamped V and the 1163 sold through a dealer rather than the Viceroy promotion of the time. Would be billed as a 1163T black and red rather than a 1163t white and blue
    Technically, if I found a white and blue dial and accompanying hands, could I make myself a 'Siffert' replica?

Frankly you're fucked.

The only way to get out of this precarious position that you find yourself in is to sell it to me.

I await the PM.

Sitting on the dock of eBay, Queensland, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100
    Technically, if I found a white and blue dial and accompanying hands, could I make myself a 'Siffert' replica?
    That's the spirit! Tell her you're traditional and need 'something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue'.
    Depending how you can spin it you're only a quarter of the way there with the 1163 :lol:

Technically I suppose so. Not sure if the serial range would be the same.

Nice Autavia. Question: do you question expensive purchases she makes? If not, it's "zip it!" You're not even married yet. :wink:

Just tell her the truth and get some practice in. If you think she will react badly now, just wait until you are married, you have no idea.....

Master

Indeed, if she goes off on one tell her to feck off as you have had the watch way longer than you've known the opinionated self righteous jumped up never come down.....

You might have to suffer deaf and dumb dinners for a while, but she'll come to her senses eventually. :wink:

Just saying..... :lol:

Tell her to mind her own & get back to the ironing :wink:
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims
    Perfect, and tell her to make a cup of tea whilst she's at it :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims
    Perfect, and tell her to make a cup of tea whilst she's at it :lol:
    Quite - one sugar in mine.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman

I'm not sure how I've lasted the last four months without an 1163 in the collection but I have one again now courtesy of Bootsy. It's the one that looks like a Viceroy but isn't, and is in really nice condition. The GF bracelet original to these watches really works well, it's a shame most of them don't have them anymore. Some phone pics taken last night:

The fiancee doesn't know about it and she's going to blow her top if she finds out that I've just bought it when we should be spending the money on different chairs for the wedding (the ones provided at the venue have plain white covers she doesn't like), paying for a free bar for all her distant relatives we don't know, paying for hotel rooms for the night before the wedding for people who live half an hour from the venue etc etc etc. She's going to notice it at some point, so try to imagine you're an irrational and highly illogical compression of emotion in human shape and let me know which of these excuses you think is going to work best.

I'm relying on you.
    Wow, great catch. I really appreciate that bracelet, those are so hard to find!

Interesting. So I buy that Chronomatic dial from ebay, get the hands repainted and charge up my old phone with the camera which produces low quality photos and get it up on ebay :D

Interesting. So I buy that Chronomatic dial from ebay, get the hands repainted and charge up my old phone with the camera which produces low quality photos and get it up on ebay :D
    It would nee to be Cal11 to get away with a Chronomatic dial. Although that dial on EBay has a bit of an identity crisis calling itself a Chronomatic dial!

Master
    Living for the here and now , but mindful of the past.

Blame me!

Yep......blame him !