closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 81 of 89 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,050 of 4428

Thread: The random disclosure thread.

There are several candidates for the 'Bank Holiday Meltdown' award this time around.

Who will it be?
    ______

​Jim.

I've spent the last two days painting, building fixing and general labouring for my eldest daughter and her boyfriend who've just picked up the keys of their first house.

I'm knackered but happy.

World of Tanks, bottle of water.

Quote Originally Posted by jl smout View Post
    I have no idea what to do with my life.
    Oh snap. I am soon to be graduating and really have no idea what I want to do with myself.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    World of Tanks, bottle of water.
    Do you really need the water?

I've just discovered that our housekeeper irons my socks. I had assumed that she was adept at neat folding.

This is my seven thousandth post here.

Well not here on the RDT but on TZ-UK as a whole!

The past two weeks were the busiest and shittiest in my entire life. Can I have a break, please?

Because rope costs money!

To answer the obvious questions:

Yes I was driving .
    No the back seat passenger took the picture
    Left hand drive car.
    Yes I overtook on the inside .
    No I really didn't want to drive behind him to see if he would pull over to the left lane.
    40 mph .
    All the time.

Craftsman
    Ian McKellen, The Cherry Orchard

It is really difficult to spread Nutella onto slices of cold apple.

I've been making soda bread for over twenty years and I've only discovered in the last two weeks that I've been using the wrong flour* all this time.

*brioche flour - it's the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I've been making soda bread for over twenty years and I've only discovered in the last two weeks that I've been using the wrong flour* all this time.

*brioche flour - it's the future.
    Bet it still tastes good with a nice bit of pickle though :).

Master
    So looking forward to my chiropodist appointment tomorrow morning. The recurring corn on one of my toes damn well hurts and needs to be trimmed away.

Start of my finals tomorrow. Prepared for it; will still pull off an all nighter.

Not prepared for the one on Friday. Have a half day and 2 full days to prepare for that one.

Need to average 67% to get an overall first class.

I had my credit card refused today as I tried to take out an insurance policy. Paid by debit card. Then I got a robot call from my bank saying fraud had been detected so I phoned them.
    It was fraud. Someone tried twice to sign into Now TV yesterday, which I don't have anything to do with. So, card cancelled and now I have to wait for a new one. Inconvenient but at least they picked up on the fraud.
    I've no idea where the crooks could have got my number. Any time over the last six months the bank said. I try and use Paypal for non-regular retailers and the like. I have bought a couple of pen knives from the US over the last few weeks through Massdrop. Maybe they sold it on/were scammed themselves.
    I must admit that with postage and duty the knives were nice but too expensive. No more of them for me.

Many, many years ago my father used to buy those wooden snap-off toothpicks that came, if I recall correctly, in a blue paper packet a bit like paper matchbooks.

For no real reason other than curiosity I went googling for them. Abject fail.

My reason for posting is that if by any chance a member here also has the same curiosity to look and indeed finds them, please post a link. Alternatively, if the description sounds familiar and you know of the brand or product, then yes, I'd love to hear it.

This is seriously not as odd as it sounds, honestly.

Blog Entries
    It's just occurred to me - Why are there no left handed cameras ?
    (i.e. shutter release on left)

Sent from a phone using this TZ-UK app

The random disclosure thread.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    It's just occurred to me - Why are there no left handed cameras ?
    (i.e. shutter release on left)

Sent from a phone using this TZ-UK app

Last edited by MarkO; 24th May 2017 at 22:07.

The random disclosure thread.

Quote Originally Posted by howie77 View Post
    Many, many years ago my father used to buy those wooden snap-off toothpicks that came, if I recall correctly, in a blue paper packet a bit like paper matchbooks.

For no real reason other than curiosity I went googling for them. Abject fail.

My reason for posting is that if by any chance a member here also has the same curiosity to look and indeed finds them, please post a link. Alternatively, if the description sounds familiar and you know of the brand or product, then yes, I'd love to hear it.

This is seriously not as odd as it sounds, honestly.
    TePe wood dental sticks

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00...+dental+sticks
    Last edited by MarkO; 24th May 2017 at 22:35.

Never leave an oil change pan full of old engine oil in your garage and certainly don't then accidentally shut the cat in the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    TePe wood dental sticks
    Genius! I had been searching fruitlessly for toothpicks but thanks to your description and link I found the actual product avaiding me - which turned out to be Sensodyne Interden dental sticks. Thanks Mark, utterly brilliant.

Turns out I wasn't alone in the quest, there are others. Or one other, at least;

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/ecoto...interdens/amp/

Just witnessed police arresting a suspect outside my office. He tried to run but was cornered and use of the extending baton was needed.
    In the end he was released with a caution.

What seasoning did you go for?

It's been a demanding day. I've had to multi-task between the England vs South Africa game, the Premiership final and qualifying from Monaco.

It took an almost super-human effort, but somehow I managed it.

I'm now winding down by watching Blackadder. Not sure why, but there was a random episode from the first series, with Brian Blessed, ("the Queen of Spain's Beard"). I'd forgotten how absolutely hilarious Jim Broadbent was as the Spanish translator:

Go to 9.50!

What a wonderful time to get up and play with Lego.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Never leave an oil change pan full of old engine oil in your garage and certainly don't then accidentally shut the cat in the garage.
    Now THAT is a funny random disclosure. :0D

____

It's 11:42am on a Sunday and I'm on to my second beer of the day. Too early? Ummmm... I don't care. :0)

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    It's been a demanding day. I've had to multi-task between the England vs South Africa game, the Premiership final and qualifying from Monaco.
    That's amazing, you must be absolutely knackered!

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    That's amazing, you must be absolutely knackered!

R
    It's relentless. Today it's been the Monaco Grand Prix and now the Indianapolis 500!

I may need to take a day off tomorrow.

The other of our duopoly grocers has just announced that they will be bringing some of Tesco's products to their stores. Some 200 articles to begin with. "A bit of luxury to the Finnish dinner table" says one of S-Group executives.

Can't wait for all the posh victuals heading our way.

Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    The other of our duopoly grocers has just announced that they will be bringing some of Tesco's products to their stores. Some 200 articles to begin with. "A bit of luxury to the Finnish dinner table" says one of S-Group executives.

Can't wait for all the posh victuals heading our way.
    I'm sorry, Possu. I fear you may be rather disappointed.

That said, I have never been to Finland, so you might be in for a treat. Let us know how you get on.

Quote Originally Posted by Analogue View Post
    I'm sorry, Possu. I fear you may be rather disappointed.

That said, I have never been to Finland, so you might be in for a treat. Let us know how you get on.
    I'm not expecting any Michelin stars for the takeaway counters but at least there will be some "Finest" products. Many will be "Free from" allergy/intolerance friendly stuff, I read. Promo pic actually looks kind of promising.

I'm not expecting any Michelin stars for the takeaway counters but at least there will be some "Finest" products. Many will be "Free from" allergy/intolerance friendly stuff, I read. Promo pic actually looks kind of promising.

Fair enough, Possu. Like I said, I've never been to Finland. I will one day as it looks delightful. I'm sure you have stuff there that we cannot easily get. Let me assure you that I was not criticising you, just joking about "our" food in the UK.

I _usually_ like sampling foods from other countries that are not available in the UK.

I note a jar of mango chutney in your photo. That, my dear friend, is wonderful with cheese-on-toast. I haven't tried the Tesco Finest one, but any supermarket mango chutney does the job.

White sliced (plastic!) bread, sliced mature Cheddar cheese, lightly toasted, then the mango chutney on top for the last few seconds.

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Analogue View Post
    Fair enough, Possu. Like I said, I've never been to Finland. I will one day as it looks delightful. I'm sure you have stuff there that we cannot easily get. Let me assure you that I was not criticising you, just joking about "our" food in the UK.

I _usually_ like sampling foods from other countries that are not available in the UK.

I note a jar of mango chutney in your photo. That, my dear friend, is wonderful with cheese-on-toast. I haven't tried the Tesco Finest one, but any supermarket mango chutney does the job.

White sliced (plastic!) bread, sliced mature Cheddar cheese, lightly toasted, then the mango chutney on top for the last few seconds.

Enjoy.
    I'm sorry if it came across in a manner that made you think I took offence, as that is not the case at all. I know the reputation "your" food carries, but IME it is undeserved. I tried to play it down with the "posh victuals" and the "" smiley, but the truth be told I'm actually really looking forward to sampling the Tesco stuff. I am quite certain it can't be any worse than S-Group's own chain stuff.

Please do visit Finland. It is really delightful, but I believe our food is worse than your food's reputation. Except salmiakki of course, our very own salty liquorice. That's the stuff dreams are made of. Pop me your address in a PM if you'd like a sample.

Thanks for the chutney tip! I shall try it.
    Last edited by Possu; 30th May 2017 at 06:42. Reason: Poor language, some still left I assume

That looks like a nice selection of products. I was delighted to find some similar items in a supermarket in Jamaica this week.

but I believe our food is worse than your food's reputation. Except salmiakki of course, our very own salty liquorice. That's the stuff dreams are made of.
    Antti, I always had you down as a man who never strayed further than the deli at Stockmann (they also have a branch at the airport and everybody should ensure they have space in their hand luggage for a binge shop). You should also explain about the delights of blood pancakes.

Except salmiakki of course, our very own salty liquorice. That's the stuff dreams are made of.
    My neck is still twitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    It's relentless. Today it's been the Monaco Grand Prix and now the Indianapolis 500!

I may need to take a day off tomorrow.
    There was also WSB from Donnington on Spike ALL day for us motorcyclists to factor in too!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Antti, I always had you down as a man who never strayed further than the deli at Stockmann (they also have a branch at the airport and everybody should ensure they have space in their hand luggage for a binge shop). You should also explain about the delights of blood pancakes.

My neck is still twitching.

Thanks for the kind thoughts Alan, but the truth is more grim. My worsening G-Shock affliction has lately had my family eating mainly 1€ cheeseburgers at McDonald's.
    Last edited by Possu; 30th May 2017 at 07:50.

1€ cheeseburgers at McDonald's.
    The end is near.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    The end is near.
    I re-heat them sous vide at home though.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Yay! Festival of cheesecakes today

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    חג שמח!

Sent from my F8331 using TZ-UK mobile app

Just entered the Scottish Disabled Golf Open at St Andrews.

Then studying all night?

That crickets versus snails Google Doodle game is stupidly addictive.

Master
    I only just realised there are two users "Senraw" and "Senwar" - I have always read them as the same username, and the same poster.

Also, always read "Unclealec" as "unclean lec". no idea why - only just realised it's "Uncle Alec"!

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    I only just realised there are two users "Senraw" and "Senwar" - I have always read them as the same username, and the same poster.

Also, always read "Unclealec" as "unclean lec". no idea why - only just realised it's "Uncle Alec"!
    +1 on senraw/senwar

The uncle once explained his name in a post, so had that right for a couple of years.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post

I've always read no-tag-love as not-a-glove.

Master
    Me too!!! Ha!

Blog Entries
    +1

:-)