closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eddie's Latest (PRS 25) Has Arrived!

Re: Eddie's Latest Has Arrived!

Ianan that is a couple of superlative piccies and congratualtions on your new beauty of a watch the comparison with a Speedbird III is really cool i think sizewise this is spot on.Thankyou again.

This does look lovely. Acrylic domes are just so nice to look at. Great shots too, thanks guys, might have to ask the missus for an Xmas present :)

Just let one go (my Magrette Moana Pacific) to raise funds as when i saw this i just had to have one, waiting for funds to transfer from paypal to bank ( Eddie no paypal?) & hoping there will still be one there for me on Monday/Tueday as need one of these asap. Beautiful watch & unbelievable value for money Eddie, may well be the best daily wearer out there at any price IMHO.

Can I ask for a clasp photo, I'd like to see if there are any micro adjusters.

Master

Cheers chaps!

I think that the others have done a fantastic job of showing how it wears but while we wait for proper shots (I'll leave those to the professionals), here's the watch on a GGB - it's a close run thing on the lug-to-lug which seems to be larger than the Bremont the strap was designed for.

And as for lume - yes, I can confidently state that it has lume!

Ty, there are micro adjusters - in fact, with the half links as well it is a fantastically adjustable strap - just have a couple of very fine blade screwdrivers and a big book of swear words close at hand* when you do it.

* Just to save you repeating the same ones over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Plake
    This does look lovely. Acrylic domes are just so nice to look at.
    :thumbright:

They are very nice indeed. Very nice watch for a spectacular price!

I'm wearing Rolex Explorer 6610 today . . . http://www.onthedash.com/pics/Rolex6610/12Rolex6610.jpg

I'm thinking that the Smiths may deliver a lot more bang for the buck.

Well done!!

Jeff

:D Looks wonderful, will have to wait for my January pay day though before I can buy anything for myself. :(

Quote Originally Posted by IANAN
    Cheers chaps!

I think that the others have done a fantastic job of showing how it wears but while we wait for proper shots (I'll leave those to the professionals), here's the watch on a GGB - it's a close run thing on the lug-to-lug which seems to be larger than the Bremont the strap was designed for.

And as for lume - yes, I can confidently state that it has lume!

Ty, there are micro adjusters - in fact, with the half links as well it is a fantastically adjustable strap - just have a couple of very fine blade screwdrivers and a big book of swear words close at hand* when you do it.

* Just to save you repeating the same ones over and over again.
    The adjustable clasp makes it almost a must buy, as there's nothing I can see that would put me off.

Great pictures, and the watch looks good on the strap.
    Nigel

Master

And last strap changes for a while, Eddie 22mm NATO and a 22mm Perlon.

Looks the business on that braided NATO.

Great photos guys, looks like great value for money.. that speed bird III pic makes me want one of those too :D

Thats a fantastic looking watch and great pictures taken, i must resist..........or add it to my christmas list :)

How's the timekeeping and accuracy?

Probably too soon to tell for a full assessment but early indications are . . .?

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O
    How's the timekeeping and accuracy?

Probably too soon to tell for a full assessment but early indications are . . .?
    I'll report back after 24 hours, it's less than 10 since it was set. Wearing-wise, the Perlon is just perfect, my desire for a LLD has been seriously cooled now I have this.

Looks great on the Perlon.

Just done some measuring with my Bathys 100F and compared it to Eddie's drawings.

The two are almost identical in every size (diameter, crystal, crown etc) with the only real difference being 1.5mm on the lug length.

The Bathys is the most comfortable watch I've had. I guess this should be as comfy.

This isn't helping me keep the bank blance healthy

Craftsman
    Glasgow, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IANAN
    And last strap changes for a while, Eddie 22mm NATO and a 22mm Perlon.

Now we're talking. Hopefully mine will arrive tomorrow. Just wish I had a 22mm perlon. That looks great.

Love the watch, just don't get on with non date watches for some reason :cry:

Looks well built and excellent value for money. Can't help thinking it would look 100% better with a leather strap though.

Minute hand is a tad short but generally speaking it's one of his nicer homages ( a homage of a homage in this case?) that I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by rapid
    Great photos guys, looks like great value for money.. that speed bird III pic makes me want one of those too :D
    me too :D
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

This watch really does seem to be good value.

I was wondering if the increase in the cost of sourcing ETA movements, and the (presumably) reduced cost of the alternative movement results in Eddie's watches being an even more attractive proposition than they were before.

Craftsman

bracelet alone looks outstanding VFM...!

Master

Quote Originally Posted by PIERS (UK)
    Looks well built and excellent value for money. Can't help thinking it would look 100% better with a leather strap though.
    For you dear chap, 'tis but the work of a moment!

Craftsman

Anyone have thoughts on the Myota? (pos/neg) I am a bit of an ETA fan but purely from a familiarity stand point. I have only had one Myota and hated it (noisy and tinny) but I suspect it was a low end calibre.

Is this Myota a high end one?

Please forgive my ignorance but I have combed this thread and not found mention.

Will Google it but still would be interested to hear.

Master

Some discussion here...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=198932

Will the Vanguard be the same but with date ?

Here are this morning's photos, the first with a Canon S95, the second with an iPhone 4S.

The acrylic crystal is lovely, offering up a different view of the dial from whichever angle you happen to look at the watch. I also love how comfortable the bracelet is. It really makes a lot of difference having half links and micro adjusters. The half link is equivalent to 3 notches on the micro adjuster and the full link is equivalent to 4 notches so you can really get it to fit well.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to hand the watch over to my wife tonight for safe keeping until Christmas Day.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Missed the SD..........bugger. :evil: Hope to collect from PO later in the day.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Mine has just arrived in the office :D
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

If I hadn't ordered (and have not yet received) a very similar watch recently, I would definitely have gone for this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee
    The acrylic crystal is lovely, offering up a different view of the dial from whichever angle you happen to look at the watch.
    Those crystal clear minute markers are very well proportioned.

At first I thought it was a solution to the standard length hands, inside a slightly larger case.
    But now the wristshot photo's are out, it looks just right.
    Beautiful.

Master

I was in the 'hands too small' camp until I saw the 'in the flesh' pictures in this thread. Lovely. Unfortunately an unexpected vets bill yesterday put paid to any thoughts I had of getting one this side of Christmas :cry:

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman
    Missed the SD..........bugger. :evil: Hope to collect from PO later in the day.
    Got it! :) Just need to finish my report for work, and then I can open the package.

Master

NIce - a classic looking piece... reviews please once some of you good people have it upon arrival.

Master

Accuracy update - mine has lost 8 seconds in 26 hours on the first day of wearing, which in an automatic is quite acceptable to me!

Re: Eddie's Latest (PRS 25) Has Arrived!

Mine has lost 1 second over 25.5 hours.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee
    Mine has lost 1 second over 25.5 hours.
    That's the sort of performance I get from my PRS 29B, if I can get the Everest to those sort of standards then I will be even happier with it than I am (which is already a lot).

Mine was +4 after twenty-four hours.

thank you !

It looks great as all the strap combos do, however I can't seem to accept it on the Bremont strap! :)

Master

I agree with the thoughts on the GGB Bremont, I'm putting another of Eddie's offerings back on that one.

Master

This thread is making me pine for the Zeno Explorer I sold.

Master

Mine arrived this morning and i must say it's extremely nice indeed. In the metal it's a lot more like a current Milgauss than an explorer, which is a good thing :D

Eddie's Latest (PRS 25) Has Arrived!

Nice watch but i still prefer the speedbird!

Master

Rather than delay the inevitable any further, it's now having some Toshi Time.

Master

Oh yes. Looks the business on leather, as expected.

Eddie's Latest (PRS 25) Has Arrived!

I really wanted one of these but I just
    Can't stand the minute track/index/markers. Far too big IMO and spoils the dial as it intrudes too far in. If there was some variation in the length of the minute markers it wouldn't be so bad but they do dominate the dial.

Still, no loss to me or to Eddie I've had six of his offerings to date, just won't be getting this one.

IANAN, my hat's off to you for the quality of your pics —they're really something.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73
    IANAN, my hat's off to you for the quality of your pics —they're really something.
    Very kind, and thanks to all who have commented favourably on my shots. For anyone interested the set-up was a Nikon P300 compact for the B&W and a Sony NEX3 (from SC) with an adaptor to take a cheap manual focus Canon FD Macro lens (from e-bay) for the colour ones. Lighting was daylight and an angle-lamp with some white card to control reflections all of which was balanced precariously on an ironing board.

I think that all the shots taken here by the contributors have been excellent, not a duff one amongst them and the wrist shots have been very useful for a few people who may have thought the dimensions on the site ruled the Everest out for them. Mine hasn't been off the wrist (apart from for photography) since it arrived and I'm pleased to say that since a re-hack yesterday has gained one and a half seconds in 30 hours - so as far as I'm concerned it really is up there with the best!

I'll probably turn a couple of shots (including this one on the bracelet) into computer wallpapers and put them up in the Time Factors Watches sub-forum once I have settled on a suitable font for the description and a link to Eddie's shop.

Thanks again all!

I had a ZEX and like others, stupidly sold it on... I am trying to resist getting this as I've only just picked up a Magrette off SC.