closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Boutique Westfield customer service?

Omega Boutique Westfield customer service?

Ok I posted just over a month ago that I had dropped my watch into the Omega Boutique Westfield Stratford due to a small problem winding, they called last week to say it had just come back and despite it being out of warrenty they had fixed and serviced it free of charge, it was ready to collect.

I went in today and collected it, I thought they had a 3 year warranty the card is dated 06/08/09 but it seems not. I handed over the reciept and was asked to sit and wait, 10 minutes later the watch was given to me in a service pouch (nice) along with an A4 sheet of white paper saying nothing to pay. I was a bit rushed so I took the watch and left. Having looked at it a bit more I have nothing telling me what work if any has been done, I have no real paper work to look at and the bit that I find really bad is that the watch was given back with the wrong time and wrong date.

They did a good job to fix it out of warranty for free, they presented it in a nice case but then they let themselves down by keeping me waiting and not doing the basic thing of ressetting it to the correct time.

Am i moaning about nothing? I appreciate that the watch I have is not the most expensive in the store but why go half way to make me happy when a bit more effort would have made a raving fan!

Master

Re: Omega Boutique Westfield customer service?

Quote Originally Posted by justin44
    the bit that I find really bad is that the watch was given back with the wrong time and wrong date.
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't mind getting it back without the correct time/date (I'm guessing it's a quartz, thus your disappointment), but I would mind the no documentation of the work undertaken. I wouldn't class that as bad customer service though - au contraire given that they fixed it free of charge even though out of guarantee :idea:

Free of charge and out of guarantee and you are moaning !!!! I would be bloody ecstatic

Must admit I cannot see past the FOC part and struggle to see the problem with resetting the time on that basis!

Mark

Master

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH
    the bit that I find really bad is that the watch was given back with the wrong time and wrong date.
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    :lol:

Oh dear..... :lol:

Maybe I put this wrong, I think it's great what they did, but I think they let themselves down by not setting the time and date. Itbwould have just been the ice on the cake. A very small touch that makes a huge difference.

Does Eddie set the time when he sells a watch?

Are you for real??! Is this a joke????

Moon on a stick!

Craftsman

Can't believe your luck. Buy a lottery ticket this week!

Quote Originally Posted by scarto
    Moon on a stick!
    I've never heard that before but it's made me chuckle :D

Quote Originally Posted by langdalematt
    Free of charge and out of guarantee and you are moaning !!!! I would be bloody ecstatic
    Couldn't agree more!!

Master

Am i moaning about nothing?
    In a word.......YES!!

Well I'd demand to see the manager. Absolutely disgusting making the customer set the time on his own watch when they've just had the nerve to do the work for free outside warranty. In fact, I'd demand my money back.....oh

Nothing constructive to add, but this thread made me chuckle :D

Your original question, "Am i moaning about nothing?" - Yes!

Although you also mention they gave you no details of what was done? That would worry me more, free or not, some kind of evidence of work carried out would be useful. How you can be more worried about having to set your own time & date is beyond me!

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by langdalematt
    +1....I think the OP needs to smell the coffee on this one. I`d be mighty relieved to get the problem fixed under warranty and I certainly wouldn`t be grumbling about the bloody time not being set correctly.

..... :roll: ......FFS get real!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958
    I think the OP needs to smell the coffee on this one.
    Or lay off it.

Journeyman

You are very lucky, my Constellation has been back to Omega for various times since it came back from its first overhaul at the end of April, nearly 7 months down the line and it is currently with them again to hopefully sort once and for all. The watch kept time beautifully before the overhaul / first service and came back not keeping time hence it kept having to go back :evil: . I paid £275 for the privilege initially so you are lucky to get the work done FOC.

I have no real paper work to look at and the bit that I find really bad is that the watch was given back with the wrong time and wrong date.
    I'm not too surprised at the lack of documentation. I have an Extended Warranty on my BMW M5, and whenever I get any work done under that warranty I have to ask the service department for a copy of the paperwork (some are happier than others to provide it). I think that the rationale is that the paperwork goes to whoever is footing the bill.

Unlike many others here, I do agree that they should have set the time/date correctly. It's only a little thing, but (a) it gives a quick sanity check as to whether the watch is still operating correctly at the point where it is given back to the customer, (b) the customer can wear the watch straight away, and (c) there a probably a fair percentage of Omega (and other brand) owners who don't know how to set the date and/or time on their watches.

There's a difference between Good customer service and Excellent customer service. It's the little details that make the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by WingTsun
    Are you jesting? They serviced and repaired it for free out of warranty and you're miffed they didn't set it to the correct time and date?
    +1 grumpy old man syndrome, although the other bits would have been nice

Quote Originally Posted by WingTsun
    I think all members who own or run a business are staring at the OPs post in dumbfounded disbelief!
    And I think that all members who own or run a business (especially in these austere times) need to understand that it's the little details that make the difference between a content customer and and a delighted one. If you are not prepared to go the extra mile, you can be certain that your competitors will ...

Quote Originally Posted by scarto
    Moon on a stick!
    JELLY! :lol:

No big deal that the time and date wasn't set IMO, yet it would also have been a simple finishing touch had they done so and thus completing the positive customer experience. As soon as you physically see and handle the watch you're instantly given the impression that all is well, that's got to be worth the minute it takes to do. Even I try to make sure that when I sell a watch on SC that it's fully wound and set correctly before posting so the purchaser recieves it in a fully presented and working condition, if I can do that then an AD could/should really be doing the same.

Slighty off topic, when I had a nose around the store a few weeks back I couldn't help but notice that all the watches on display, both inside and out, showed different times (this applies for just about any watch store, but a Flagship AD should be a cut above). Shirley it wouldn't be too difficult to keep the autos at 10 to 2 and set the quartz models correctly?

Possibly OCD :lol: , but it did grate a little...

I can kind of see where OP is coming from, and I personally would have set the time/date before it was picked up, but as they fixed it FOC it's not the end of the world. Anyway, me being the pedantic sod I am I probably would have reset it unless it was spot on anyway.